The August Coloring Contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:57 pm

Photosoph wrote:One question, though... what's the last day for getting entries in?
I think that the 25th sounds pretty fair, I've edited the first post but I'm not sure that anybody will actually be reading the first page ^^;

Oo, and thank you Radical Dreamer, I really liked your entry too ^_^

I'm definitely planning on commenting on every single entry tomorrow night, once I've gotten all my annoying work shifts and dental appointments over with *plots*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby meboeck » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:31 pm

LQ, I love yours! I really liked the city at the bottom. It actually caught my eye right away. That and the hair and the clouds. :grin: awesome as usual!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:09 pm

WOW LQ! that gorgeous... if youre entering you should definitely win...
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Photosoph » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:21 pm

Gah! LQ! I think you've blown my unfinished entry right out of the water! :lol: That is SO COOL! You said it's on the scribbly side, but I can't see that at all: it looks so great!
Yeah, maybe you've fallen back into your old ways, but I still love lots of blue. ^_^ Go blue! It's my fav colour.
Your idea for the pic is so creative and fantastic! And the addition of the city below is... *tries to find words to express it right* ...well, it looks just plain amazing. Don't worry, it definitely looks like a city.
Gah! It looks so good! *Steals LQ's entry* ;)

Yeah, Dinobot was cool; and Ratrap was good for a laugh. Go small guys! :jump: I seem to have a soft spot for short guy characters in cartoons...

I think that the 25th sounds pretty fair, I've edited the first post but I'm not sure that anybody will actually be reading the first page ^^;

I wondered if you'd edit the first page or not, but I forgot to check. ^_^" The 25th sounds good; gives me more time to slowly work away at my entry.
It's so fun to be entering these contests again! Seriously, these monthly contents give me so much pleasure to watch, and they're so fun to enter too; win or lose. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby soul alive » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:23 pm

Lovely job LQ.

The 25th, huh? Guess that means I need to get my rear in gear... I have barely enough done for mine to be considered a WIP... lol.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:39 pm

Thanks all for the feedback ^_^ I pretty much did my entry entirely for fun and the sake of practicing. I probably can't include it since odds are I'll be judging the contest and that would get weird O_o

And now for my attempt at catching up in a commenting barrage!

chibiphonebooth - I love the concept! The colours are so lively and warm and the visual texture is so rich, I just can't stop staring because I wanna pick out every single one of the details.

Kewl Girl - Welcome to the contest! I'm really liking the colour scheme that you picked for the figure and I absolutely love what you did with the field background, the butterfly is an excellent touch too.

ChristianRonin - Awesome! That's probably the most that I've ever seen added to a contest entry but it's fine. I'm impressed that you did an entire other image as the background and I love the concept and story behind it. Oo, and I wish you all the best with college.

Puguni - SWEET. Such an absolutely killer concept! Love it! It's very cool to see the artist's approach to the line-art.

Vernhal - Why didn't I think of a sci-fi lab setting?! It totally suits the floating hair! *headdesk* The coloring is awesomely polished and clean looking too.

Radical Dreamer - Such an amazingly intricate background! I really like how you've created such a fully realized setting. The shading on the figure is really nicely done and the tones for the hair and body are really working together. The hair shading is so cool.

Ashley - I love the shade of green in the hair! I have such a weakness for rich earth tones and greens. Needless to say I'm really liking your version, it has quite a peaceful and relaxing vibe to it.

RubyJewelStone - Excellent concept and the shading on the figure is very realistic. The colours that you chose are simply lovely and I absolutely have to give ya credit for tackling the image twice!

meboeck - Well, you've definitely snagged my inner art geek's attention with the Van Gogh reference. I lovely Starry Night and it's had a really cool effect on your style. I really like the composition and I love what you did with the wave curls and the bright colours.

marty - YAY another new face! Welcome ^^ I really like the vibrant contrasting colours that you used and the background is working well. Very spiffy, especially for a first entry.

QtheQreater - Oooo...such pretty glowing hair and I am really lovin' the patterns on the body. Great use of textures and I like how you emphasized the figure while still maintaining overall unity.

So very, very sorry if I've missed anyone ^^; I think I'm going to bed now *is all commented out for the night*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby Photosoph » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:39 pm

Lol! All the best, SA. ^_^ Me, I've got a few more things to add to mine, but I'm feeling kinda lazy, and also giving my hands a rest since I went a little overboard yesterday. :P
Good luck to everyone who's still scribbling away! But I wonder... where's Scribs? o_O
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:24 pm

soul alive wrote:The 25th, huh? Guess that means I need to get my rear in gear... I have barely enough done for mine to be considered a WIP... lol.

*gets out the cheerleading pompoms*

You can do it!!! :jump:

Seriously though, good luck with the entry and it would still be great to see it even if it isn't finished by the deadline ^^
Photosoph wrote:Me, I've got a few more things to add to mine, but I'm feeling kinda lazy, and also giving my hands a rest since I went a little overboard yesterday.
Good luck to everyone who's still scribbling away! But I wonder... where's Scribs? o_O

EEP! Do preserve the hands! Glad to hear that your entry is going well and nearing completion ^^

I'm not sure what happened to Scribs but I do think he mentioned something about "going out in style" with his edible entry to the July contest. Which kinda sounds not to promising for future appearances by teh Scribs-miester :/

the_lizardqueen

Postby soul alive » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:42 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:*gets out the cheerleading pompoms*

You can do it!!!

Seriously though, good luck with the entry and it would still be great to see it even if it isn't finished by the deadline ^^

Photosoph wrote:Lol! All the best, SA. ^_^

XD Thanks girls. *scurries off*
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Photosoph » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:09 am

Don't worry, I'll take care of them! /(>.<) <-(*salutes*) That's why I'm taking a break from colouring for a few days. ^_^ They'll be all right with rest and responsible use. ^^

Aw man... :sniffle: -Scribs! No, don't leave us mate! T_T
But that was such a cool entry with the meat and chilli sauce last time, lol! XD *lols just thinking about it*
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Souba » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:31 pm

Hi,
I love the artwork Pungi gave us to work with. It really helps with the creative process. ^_- You guys have done such wonderful work! *amazed* Well here is my try, I just couldn't resist working with that cute pic! :)
God Bless,
Souba
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:44 pm

DUDE thats amazing!

wow O_O
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Puguni » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:45 pm

Everyone, you're doing a spectacular job. I love the effort you all put in your pictures. <3 I can tell this is going to be very difficult to judge.

Thank you for coloring my lineart! *bows* :]
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:58 pm

Wow, Souba, I really like yours! I love how you used the swirly-design brushes on the actual subject; it makes for a very cool effect! Nice work! :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:01 pm

FWOAH!!! So many good entries!! WOOT
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Photosoph » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:36 pm

So true, CR! ^_^

Wow: Souba, that's amazing! I love all those soft colours and textures. And for some reason it kinda reminds me of candy... Probably the nice, soft colouring job you did on it... :drool: Aw man! Now I'm hungry! >_< ;)
Your version of the pic is really kawaii! ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:51 am

*hates not knowing how to digitally color stuffs*
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby RubyJewelStone » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:31 pm

Wowie guys. School has finally given me a long enough minute to finally look through this thread.

My jaw hurts from dropping so much.

Rad Dreamer's and lizqueen's are my faves and I adore c-ronin's idea with the sprite in a bubble.

So pretty...

But of course, pick me as the winner anyways... ;-) ...j/k

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I really didn't think mine was THAT good.

Good luck everyone.
I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when he is silent.
~Author Unknown
RubyJewelStone

Postby Puguni » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:40 pm

030 Two more dayssss.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:56 pm

Puguni wrote:030 Two more dayssss.

till my birthday!!!! WOOT!!! lol and the end of this contest!!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Esoteric » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:21 pm

Verrrrry cool entries, everyone! Sadly, although I want to, I cannot participate this time. Good luck to all you new comers! I can see some real talent out there!
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:41 pm

Aw man; that's too bad Eso. But there'll be other contests in the future; I'll look forward to seeing your entries in those. ^_^

Well, happy early-birthday, Vernhal!

Gah... must finish off entry. o_O *scurries off*
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby soul alive » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:44 pm

I finished. *wipes brow* I'm not completely satisfied with how it turned out, but I had fun playing around anyway. But the background... *shoots* :P
I just had too much other stuff to do.

Good job everyone, there are some absolutely lovely entries this month.

:edit: ^^;;;;; Might help to put up the picture...

-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:03 pm

oooh very cool SA!!!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Photosoph » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:36 pm

Gah! So very cool, SA! I love the pink blushes on the cheeks too. ^^ (*mutters about how she should've done that to her entry...* ;) )
Love the blue. Love the clouds. In fact, your entry looks a lot like something I would've done, since I love clouds, blue, and cute blush marks on the cheeks. ^_^ So obviously I love what you've done with your entry. :grin:

Man, mine's just about ready... but as per my perfectionistic self, I have the major desire to tweak and tweak it. In fact, I was doing so when I must've overloaded my computer and Photoshop closed. No worries though, since I've got the whole thing saved.

*Resists urge to tweak*

I think I'll post my entry tomorrow; it'll give me time to look at it afresh before putting it up.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby soul alive » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:19 pm

X3 Thanks so much.

I'm a bit of a cute addict, but my regular artwork is rather serious, so I don't ever get to do cheek blushes. *tucks pouty lip back in* So I ran with the opportunity, lol.

I understand about tweaking... I'm horrible about it, it takes all my strength of will to let a picture be, save it as a jpeg, and delete the photoshop file with all the layers. lol

Puguni - do you have a DA account so I can credit you when I put my entry up on my DA?
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Puguni » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:36 am

soul alive wrote:X3 Thanks so much.

I'm a bit of a cute addict, but my regular artwork is rather serious, so I don't ever get to do cheek blushes. *tucks pouty lip back in* So I ran with the opportunity, lol.

I understand about tweaking... I'm horrible about it, it takes all my strength of will to let a picture be, save it as a jpeg, and delete the photoshop file with all the layers. lol

Puguni - do you have a DA account so I can credit you when I put my entry up on my DA?

Yeah, yeah I do. It's the same as my screen name here, puguni.deviantart.com. And your coloring is so nice! I love your choice of colors, especially for the hair. X3
Puguni

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:10 am

oh, can i do the same, Puguni?? :3
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby soul alive » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:45 am

X3 Thanks, blue seemed to fit it well.

And, gracias for the DA 411. *runs off to put it up and learn to stop using Spanglish*
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:47 am

that was a sad movie... ;-;
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Previous Next

Return to Art Contests