I've got it! a NPG (RPG)

Projects or project ideas in the works

I've got it! a NPG (RPG)

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:42 pm

I can see it already
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Straylight » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:05 pm

the trouble with this idea, is that we've already got an RPG project (which incidentally, I haven't even gotten round to starting the code for yet).

Details for this can be found here: http://www.christiananime.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1775
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Tycho » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:04 am

Volt wrote:
Later on you can attach a couple hundred strings of code and you'll have the ability to see your character in 3rd person walk around on the screen as you click. (click in the upper left corner of the screen and that's where an animated Gif will go)

heheheeheh. I can see you've never actually tried programming a game. Try a couple hundred of hundreds of lines. 2D to 3D is no small code jump.

But I like the idea. Its time to get this project moving.
"There are obviously many things which we do not understand, and may never be able to."
[Leela, Ship Operations AI, UESC Marathon]

"Its time to metaphorically make a deal with the devil. And when I say devil, I mean Robot Devil. And when I say metaphorically, I mean "Get your coat""

[Bender, Futurama]
Tycho

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:50 pm

Oh no ...I was talking ab
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Tycho » Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:23 am

Oops, my bad. You mentioned 3D in your post and I must have misread the context.
"There are obviously many things which we do not understand, and may never be able to."

"Its time to metaphorically make a deal with the devil. And when I say devil, I mean Robot Devil. And when I say metaphorically, I mean "Get your coat""

[Bender, Futurama]
Tycho

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:38 am

No i did mension 3D...
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby madphilb » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:07 pm

VRML never caught on... I don't think we're going to see a 3D document markup language for general web use...

Speaking of which, does anyone still use VRML anymore? It was the talk of the town 7 years ago (or there abouts) but I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere in the main-stream for quite a while?

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Straylight » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:50 pm

madphilb wrote:VRML never caught on... I don't think we're going to see a 3D document markup language for general web use...

Speaking of which, does anyone still use VRML anymore? It was the talk of the town 7 years ago (or there abouts) but I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere in the main-stream for quite a while?

PHIL

VRML... now there's a bit of nostalgia. I actually learnt it, to the point of typing out vrml documents without using an editor program :sweat:

I doubt it will ever catch on anyway, because it takes about five times longer to retrieve content, and an even longer amount of time to create content. I can create a simple, meaningful html index page in about 1 minute, but to do it in VRML, it would take about half an hour...
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Tycho » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:58 pm

I agree. If browsers are going to do 3D, its going to be a seperate language instead of an HTML subset or modification. Something like Flash, Shockwave or Java.

[Bender, Futurama]
Tycho

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:15 pm

Well they can always
Fsiphskilm

Return to New Projects and Ideas