January Photography Contest

Win the competitions and get free cookies! (sorry for lame description, perhaps Ink can come up with a better one)

January Photography Contest

Postby Scribs » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:25 am

Well it's halfway through the month, but not too late to pull out those cameras, It is time for another CAA Photography contest!

This month's theme is the color white. Take a picture of anything you want, but the focus of the picture must be on something that is the color white. It could be a fresh new snowfall, it could be a whitewashed fence, or it could be that old white safari hat that your uncle Bernie keeps in the closet. Each member gets a total of 2 entrys.

The picture must have been taken by you, and you are not allowed to alter it with any photo editing software (unless you are just resizing it).

I look forward to seeing what you all come up with!

(Could a mod please move this to the propper forum? Thanks.)
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby PigtailsJazz » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:34 pm

Now....can it be a picture we took recently (as in, this month), but not after the topic & such was posted?....
PigtailsJazz

Postby Scribs » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:56 pm

Yeah, that is allowable, as long as you are the one who took it.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby PigtailsJazz » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:34 pm

Ok, well here is my (first?) entry then! : ) Took this picture with my now broken camera....rrrrrr :shady: At least I still gots my digital....

It's a picture of the alter at the painted church somewhere around Kona on the big island of Hawai'i. We went there over New Year's.
PigtailsJazz

Postby Heart of Sword » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:40 pm

Darn! I have an awesome photo of my white bird Kimoro flying in front of a Chinese fan...=__= It's not on this computer though.....
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Thistles

Postby EireWolf » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:02 pm

Thistles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Scribs » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:47 pm

Nice entrys so far, I forgot to mention in my initial post that each member gets 2 entrys, I edited it in.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Scribs » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:23 am

This has sunk and people are looking for it, so I will bump it.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Syreth » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:47 am

Thought I might give this a try. This is one of the neighborhood ducks from my old college!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Syreth

Postby soul alive » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:14 pm

Alrighty, here's one entry. I'll attempt to do a second one later, I already had this photo. Took it last spring when the flowers were just starting to bloom on campus. I love spring.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's pictures this month, there are already a bunch of great entries!
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby kaji » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:06 pm

White eh? Thanks for bumping this Scribs, I will have to double-time my efforts to make an entry this month. :sweat:

I see some good pictures already everyone.

Oh, and can we count Black and White pictures as being white? Or does it have to be narturally white?
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Scribs » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:03 pm

If it is a black and white picture of something that is white already than it is fine, otherwise no.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Scribs » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:30 am

Only a few days left till the deadline! Get those pics in if you can.

(oh, and could a mod move this to the contest area? Much thanks)
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Chiyocities » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:47 am

Chiyocities

white

Postby edendreams » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:53 pm

I actually have an image to enter ^-^

this was taken on a slow shutter spead in black and white. hope this qualifies because the snowflake was made by a projector but the color was white on the ground.... err i dunno it falls under light mroe doesn't it? :(
-||My Deviant ||-
edendreams

Postby Scribs » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:17 pm

Thats a perfectly legit entry, thanks.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Scribs » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:08 am

Well, this month is over and we have a new winner...

Syreth

Congrats! There were some really great entrys all around. Thanks for all those great entrys.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Syreth » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:07 pm

My friend from college would be proud. He really hated the ducks at our school. :lol:
Syreth

Postby VashTheStampede » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:23 pm

Congrats Syreth, good duck pic =P
I felt Your hands move mine aside, as those nails were driven down [[color=Gold]†][/color]
"There is a time for everything. A season for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

~Do not have feelings of animosity and resentment towards the depressing times in your life, but turn to God in praise for the days He gives you. Along with the times of joy He blesses you with, also come the times of hardship. For how can one reach for the stars without darkness?~

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)

Digitally Imported Radio<-~-~Love Techno?~:cool:
Myspace!<--PM me for info if you wanna add me:sweat:
VashTheStampede

Postby soul alive » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:46 pm

Congrats Syreth.

And what's up for this month?
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Return to Art Contests