Help w/ novels

Projects or project ideas in the works

Help w/ novels

Postby HwaRang777 » Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:35 pm

Even though I am only 15 right now I have 20+ novels, prequels, sequels, spinoffs, etc written, some may be extremely similar to things that are already published, but I didn't take any ideas from them intentionally. If anyone is highly knowledgable in these topics:
Name definitions
cars/street racing
video games
technology
fantasy/mythology stuff
psychology
organized crime
Latin
street layout & addresses of metropolises like NYC, Seatle, LA, Miami, etc.
How to publish a book
How to rewrite & edit a book
how to draw really good manga
hardcore theology (e.g. the theology used in NGE)
parenting
what literary books should have to make it funny
military technology

please let me know, & if you want to work on this more w/ me I'll keep you in contact by putting you in my buddy list for CAA & AOL, altough, it would most likely be best for me to meet you by another safe form of communication where neither one of us will know the other's true identity.

p.s. I do not intend to make any book supporting any negative and/or evil acts and objects, maybe to observe it, but never to support it.

another p.s. Some books I actually intend to use for a positive, Godly purposes
HwaRang777

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:51 pm

Hrm...the only thing I'm fairly decent at is names, and that's cos I have a book full of them O_o; Hehe...

Although...something you might wanna remember...I know I'm not a moderator anymore but we have had trouble with people having given out their personal info, like phone numbers and stuff...so...:\
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Straylight » Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:57 pm

We don't allow anyone to give out personal information on these boards, apart from details such as AIM or MSN. I wouldn't recommend ANY members giving out their phone number as we have had problems in the past.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:48 am

I'm not going to give out private info...

But, I'm working on re-wiriting (polishing) a novel right now, and have been trying to get it published. I know a little bit about the process. I have had one short story published, and a couple of poems, but that's it.

I know some stuff about fantasy/mythology... not a lot, I haven't studied mythology or anything, but I know a lot of basic stuff, particularly relating to creatures, as fantasy creatures are a great interest of mine.

I know some theology... I read my Bible, I've learned some periphriel things related to the Bible... (I watch PBS and History channel shows about Angels and stuff...), and some stuff that's come from the study of art/art history.

PM me on specifics and maybe I can give some help. I know next to nothing about stuff like cars and street fighting, though, so... eh, I probably won't be able to help there.
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby Ashley » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:01 am

Name definitions- I can help there; I know a few good name dictionary links

-fantasy/mythology stuff- what kind of mythology? I'm fairly strong in Greco-Roman, but I've studied others too. And being the art history major, I'm wiling to do some research on others as well. But I'm more into cultural myths, not Tolkien-like fantasy stuff.

-psychology- I could help a bit here too

-Latin- I can definately help here. I've had latin for the past 4 years in school and I have some books here as well, so for translations and such I'm your gal.

street layout & addresses of metropolises- erg...I could find a map of Houston...that's about it.
Ashley

additional stuff for novels

Postby HwaRang777 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:20 pm

Here are the titles of my some stories and their storyline:

Summoner (7 part series)- A teen orphan finds himself to be the Neo Archangel that must fight in the epic war of Heaven and Hell.

Wheeler - A street life drama that shows the possible dark side of the street racing world and shows the reality of committed crimes and how many of them are intertwined with one another (if organized).

Moonlight (Spinoff of Summoner)- Reveals the dark history of Catherine Summers, a.k.a. Moonlight, ally of Summoner. Also, must find cure for witchcraft spell that’s controlling him.

Archangel War (Prequel to Summoner)-Reveals the history of the first Archangel War through the eyes of the first Archangel

Michael - A young man finds himself possessing the most strongest and most advanced form of military technology, but because of mystical powers from it, he becomes less self controlling and letting it take over him.

Lady Death- An immortal woman that has trained in all forms of the military arts to take revenge of her supposedly murdered fiancee

Forbidden Sonata- A sort of Romeo & Juliet theme but deals with the relations of two major Asian mafias, the Japanese and the Koreans.

Game Over- A young man that finds himself being the convoy of the living, story also deals with advancements in technology.

My Guardian Angel- A romantic comedy that has a girl find out that she really does have a guardian angel (physically) sorta get’s sad in the end.

Narration- tells the story of a young man that discovers the strength of writing and imagination (sort of like “The Never Ending Storyâ€
HwaRang777

Novels

Postby HwaRang777 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:04 pm

Some other things I'd like to more know about:

history of angels and demons (e.g. michael, gabriel, etc.)

life as an orphan

how orphanages work

I'd also like to have an online "interview" with someone that has lived a life that has been through multiple accounts of crimes from minor to serious (e.g. theft to murder/drug smuggling)

Hopefully none of you have committed murder or any severe crime, but if you or someone you know has been through such intensity, please notify me to schedule a meeting online through IM or something else
HwaRang777

Postby EireWolf » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:14 pm

You might get more responses if you ask specific questions. For example, I know some things about fantasy/mythology, and theology, and psychology... but those are pretty broad subjects, and I'm not about to start typing everything I know about them. Narrow it down for us; what exactly is it you want to know?
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby HwaRang777 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:56 am

HwaRang777 wrote:

please feel free to say what you think about these stories

Yeah if you want to just read these basic ideas for each story and please tell me what you think about each story. But read what I wrote in parentheses after the quote above.
HwaRang777

Postby true_noir_chloe » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:59 pm

Have you really written all these stories, or are these still ideas and rough drafts? I just breezed through that and was wondering. My advice, which should be taken with a grain of salt, is that you should keep on reading, studying and living life. In that process, these stories, and probably some very different stories than what you have here, will be written. That's in my old humble opinion. ^_^

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Mave » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:25 pm

I've starting to realize that some of you want constructive criticisms that extend over "Great idea, sounds good.." Alright, here are my opinions then, as blunt as possible. My responses are in italics.

Summoner (7 part series)- A teen orphan finds himself to be the Neo Archangel that must fight in the epic war of Heaven and Hell.
Clique plot but can be done well if you present it well (good character development etc) Not a fan of anything "heaven and hell based" though

Wheeler - A street life drama that shows the possible dark side of the street racing world and shows the reality of committed crimes and how many of them are intertwined with one another (if organized).
If you could really dig deep and portray the harsh reality, it would be good. I'm tired of "Fast and Furious"

Michael - A young man finds himself possessing the most strongest and most advanced form of military technology, but because of mystical powers from it, he becomes less self controlling and letting it take over him.
It would be interesting to see what you mean by this advanced form. If you want to avoid cliques, don't do the "young killing machine, military experiment gone bad, confused, need to find past" ...It's too common now.

Lady Death- An immortal woman that has trained in all forms of the military arts to take revenge of her supposedly murdered fiancee
Sounds like a good story. Immortal? then why does she need to train so much?

Forbidden Sonata- A sort of Romeo & Juliet theme but deals with the relations of two major Asian mafias, the Japanese and the Koreans.
A nice twist.

Game Over- A young man that finds himself being the convoy of the living, story also deals with advancements in technology.
erm..didn't really get this one

My Guardian Angel- A romantic comedy that has a girl find out that she really does have a guardian angel (physically) sorta get’s sad in the end.
Could be Ok but I'm not a fan of anything related to angels .

Narration- tells the story of a young man that discovers the strength of writing and imagination (sort of like “The Never Ending Storyâ€
Mave

Return to New Projects and Ideas