game design.

Projects or project ideas in the works

game design.

Postby ZiP » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:08 am

yo all... As sum of you may have seen in gamers galore and graphic design, there has been specutlation about creating our own games,
this just seems like a more direct place to discuss it though,
it falls under the catogory of ideas so:
anyone interested in creating a game E-mail me:

Agent_Jack_Bauer _CTU@hotmail.com
ZiP

Postby JediSonic » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:10 am

Or I have a better idea.. why not post it here so everyone can see it? lol!

Are you a programmer?

I mostly make games using C++ as my main language and libraries like SDL (for sound and 2D graphics) and OpenGL (for 3D graphics), using my own homemade 3D graphics editing software for that :D

Howabout everyone post a lil resume here or profile on what if any skills and ideas you have :grin: Right now I'm working on StarSheep as my main project but if you guys were thinking about starting some group activity, I'd be happy to consider it. I tried this with some unchristian people once online and it worked out badly, but maybe if there's good communication between team members we can organize something :lol:

Kaldris doesn't seem to be getting anywhere fast, and I didn't know if there were any other SDL or even OpenGL programmers here that would be interested in trying to make something less internet-based. I can program some Java too, by the way.
JediSonic

Postby Fsiphskilm » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:26 pm

Well If you're
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby ZiP » Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:45 pm

right, im no good at anything exept the story-line so ^~^ thats the only place ill be of help (im not trying to lead the project, i think volt should). im just here to offer help.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Thomas J. R. » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:41 pm

Y'all should check out Reality Factory at http://www.realityfactory.ca . That is one of the coolest 3d engines ever. You don't even have to know how to program to use it; in fact, just yesterday I put together a working level with monsters that could attack you and stuff. Check it out.
Thomas J. R.

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:44 pm

ooo THanks. I'm there. That could be g
Fsiphskilm

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:42 am

Hmmm. Very interesting, to say the least. I'll have to give it a serious look, but I don't think it's compatible with the games I usually work with.
uc pseudonym

Postby Retten » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:21 am

If this turns into an actual project let me know and I will help out as much as I can my only experience is with RPGmaker2003 and multiple 3d programs I have been wanting to learn C++ though :thumb:
I recommended you guys try out Gmax form discreet its there only free application and it lets you create 3d characters http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/
now if you want to make a real major selling game I recommend you get all the programs listed under Animation/Game design http://www.discreet.com/products/ or Maya at http://www.alias.com/eng/index.shtml and http://www.alias.com/eng/community/industries/games.jhtml

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:16 pm

Oh, thanks for the li
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Retten » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:12 am

Yeah 3ds max and maya is for the graphics end of things :)

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Return to New Projects and Ideas