July Coloring Contest!!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

July Coloring Contest!!

Postby olorc » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:52 am

Ok, same rules. Just keep the general lines of the image the same. Use whatever you want to colorize the image. (props to eso for the toothpaste use last month)
Hopefully we'll have just as big a turn out this month as last month.
The deadline is July 23.
Although the image isn't as clean as I had hoped, I think this will provide you all with a lot of room for creativity. Is he falling down, floating, swimming up, breaking through ice? That's up to you. Use your imagination. The lighting in this one I expect will be pretty sweet too.
Ok, get to it.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:18 am

Nice. This picture leaves alot open to interpertation... I think it will be very fun...

I will get right on it.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Esoteric » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:52 am

He's being abducted by aliens!! Ahh!! :lol: Hmm, this will take some thought...
Esoteric

Postby Falcon » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:05 pm

OK, thios is very interesting. [frowns and ponders with deep thoughts of creativity]
should provide a gret deal of fun and activity.
Love Light Life -
be these and it could cost you your Pride.
do not be them and you will sure keep your Pride.
But certainly lose your Love, Light and Life.

Love God, Love People.
Falcon

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:56 pm

Oo, cool! What I'm trying to figure out though: is he going up or down?

We're prolly better off not knowing, it leaves more room for crazy personal intepretations :grin:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:00 pm

I thought of sitting out this month, but this picture is too interesting to turn down. :grin: Guess I'll be doing it again this month.
bigsleepj

Postby olorc » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:52 am

exactly the response I hoped for.
BTW: You are most decidedly encouraged to remove my sig. from the art when coloring it. Thanks
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:36 pm

I sort of look at it like he is falling sort of, but the indevidual interpertation is half the fun of this contest...
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:44 pm

Woo! The July contest is up!
This is going to be a lot of fun. I can't wait to see everyone's interpretations. I've got school holidays next week so I'll probably be able to put a lot of time into it.

Whoa - awesome image, Olorc. :thumb: this is definitely going to be another good month. ^_^
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby olorc » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:51 am

C.A. wrote:Whoa - awesome image, Olorc. this is definitely going to be another good month. ^_^

Thank you, thank you.
olorc

Postby Keckhs » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:27 am

Well, I'm interested. Are we allowed to up the brightness/contrast of the [Edit]lines[/Edit]? It makes the lines cleaner and makes it easier for me to color.

EDIT: Eyes!? Where did that come from?
5 points to anyone who can translate the following:
Namekemono no neko wa mazui na tabemono o tabemasu
Keckhs

Location: Nowhere. I don't exist. Waitaminute, then how am I writing this?O_o

Postby Sam*ron » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:49 pm

Meh, maybe not this time.. Sorry. Nice drawing though. ^_^
Thank you Admins & Mods - @)}~`,~
Sam*ron

Postby Photosoph » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:33 pm

Cool! I really like this one.
Man, why do I always seem to be slow off the bat? It always takes me a while to find the new Colouring contest thread. ;) Ah well; off to change my siggie!
I've begun colouring it, too. It's going to be interesting to see different people's interpretations of this pic too, Olorc.
Also, for the idea I had, I was wondering -is it okay if I play around with the rocks a little, perhaps removing a little of the linework, to make them into something slightly different?
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Esoteric » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:23 pm

Keckhs wrote:Well, I'm interested. Are we allowed to up the brightness/contrast of the [Edit]lines[/Edit]? It makes the lines cleaner and makes it easier for me to color.

EDIT: Eyes!? Where did that come from?

Certainly. I always do a little cleaning/contrast bumping myself.

photosoph wrote:Also, for the idea I had, I was wondering -is it okay if I play around with the rocks a little, perhaps removing a little of the linework, to make them into something slightly different?

Well, Olorc's the boss, but I think that would be find too. Just between you and me, I was planning on adjusting the rocks a bit myself to improve the feng shuei (and suddenly I forget how it's spelled... :drool: )
*looks down at watch, looks at picture, then looks around at piles of other stuff that needs doing.* I think I'll be bringing up the tail end this month...if I finish in time...yeesh.
Esoteric

Postby olorc » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:21 am

[photosoph wrote:Also, for the idea I had, I was wondering -is it okay if I play around with the rocks a little, perhaps removing a little of the linework, to make them into something slightly different?

That's cool with me. I mean look at what piloswine does every month.
olorc

Postby Photosoph » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:19 pm

Cool. Thanks Olorc!
Still trying to decide exactly how I'll interpret the picture, but I do have several ideas for colourisation flickering about in my brain. ;)
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Mave » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:58 pm

I think I'll participate. ^^
Mave

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:39 pm

Woo - it'd be cool to have you, Mave. ^_^

Very cool iamge this month - I wonder if there's going to be any alien inspired interpretations... :lol:
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby olorc » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:10 am

Woot!! Mave welcome aboard!
olorc

Postby girlninja » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:17 am

I think i wanna try ^^; it will be a pathetic attempt cuz i'm stuck with markers and watercolor lol but maybe i'll try watercoloring it ^_^ *bow's to everyone else's ninja like coloring skills* *twitches at my own* lol but i wanna try ^_^ So can i join?
"If not now then when? If not me then who?-anonymous

and of course now i must instill the Dancing BANANA'S!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WHY AM I CRYING IN FRENCH-Vash the Stampede

ORORORORORO!-Himura Kenshin

:jump: :lol: :thumb:

"It is not weak to value human life!"-Raiden, Mortal Combat II

*ADOPTED BY* ..yea i know scary I got a adopted ~_^

Nami
girlninja

Postby olorc » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:05 am

[quote="girlninja"]I think i wanna try ^^]
ABSOLUTELY!! I'ld love to you kick our tails analog style. :thumb: Go for it.
olorc

Postby Esoteric » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:34 pm

All right, i'm done. Wait, what am I saying?! This picture isn't done at all!

What I mean is, You guys remember the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland right--how he's running around in frantic circles because he's late? Well, when I look at my watch lately, that's how I've been. Too much to do, no time to do it in. I currently have 4+ pictures of my own waiting to be colored, so, this month's entry is only half finished, but it'll have to do. I just hope I have time for next month's competition. At this rate, I might not... *runs around in circles, shaking watch and screaming...*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:43 pm

Wow, Eso; that's great! I really love the lighting effect... and the textures and colours are just superb. :wow!: Even half-coloured, it looks really great -and I'm not just saying that. :thumb:
Hope you manage to finish everything else you're working on; and though I know it's easy to say this but not so easy to actually make it happen, I hope you're able to keep from being too stressed. All the best, Eso.

While I have more time to do my entry in, I'm not sure how my version will turn out -I'm using a weird way to 'colour' everything, and so far need to do some scanning and also find a map... but I've got quite a chunk finished so far. It should turn out to be 'interesting' at least. :grin: I love trying out new things. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:04 am

Whoa - that's half finished, Eso?!??!! That's brilliant! I love it! The textures and lighting are beautiful!

As a general note, I'm not sure if I'll be able to put in an entry this time around. I'm involved in singing competitions at the moment (not that I'm really spectacular, but I enjoy it ^_^) and have quite a lot of school commitments these holidays. Still, I'm hoping that it is only this first week that will be so busy, so if I am able to put in an entry, it'll all be done next week. I'll just have to see. I'm really hoping to put one in (the drawing gives such a nice range of possibilities) but am just 50/50 about whether I'll be able to.

I will be watching to see all the entries, though! I can't wait to see what more in entered in!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Esoteric » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:17 pm

Photosoph wrote:Hope you manage to finish everything else you're working on]
Thanks Photosoph. :hug:
I sound more stressed than I really am. My brothers and I have started a art accountability meeting to combat our laziness and build our skills. We do artwork and bring it to show each other once a month for critique. Between this and greater time demands at work lately, I haven't had time for much else. My Gamecube is collecting dust and my aikido skills are suffering...but, it's worth it... I think. :sweat:

BTW, your wierd way of 'colouring' wouldn't have anything to do with toothpaste would it? :grin:
CreatureArt wrote:As a general note, I'm not sure if I'll be able to put in an entry this time around. I'm involved in singing competitions at the moment (not that I'm really spectacular, but I enjoy it ^_^) and have quite a lot of school commitments these holidays.

hehe, sounds like you can relate to being busy. Good luck in competitions! You two are North Islanders right? (I spent a week in NZ five years ago) Are they local competions or will you travel?
Esoteric

Postby olorc » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:16 pm

Good luck in your comp's CA.
Eso, very beautiful. Not bad at all. I'm very curious, is the guy going up, down, or floating in midair in your version of the pic? It looks like you have him falling onto sharp rock in shallow water, but there are hints that could suggest otherwise.
olorc

Postby Esoteric » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:59 pm

olorc wrote:Good luck in your comp's CA.
Eso, very beautiful. Not bad at all. I'm very curious, is the guy going up, down, or floating in midair in your version of the pic? It looks like you have him falling onto sharp rock in shallow water, but there are hints that could suggest otherwise.

Well, he's falling in slow motion I guess. Because of the hair floating upward, he really can't be travelling in any direction except down, IMO. (unless he's stationary in water). The original concept was an explorer falling through the crumbling floor(and a time warp) into an ancient cavern full of old stone carvings. They look like sharp rocks now, but I envisioned rectangular stones with glowing red glyphs on them. And the water... I originally wanted it to seem more like he was piercing through layers of distorted space/time. Like I said, only half finished...
Esoteric

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:13 am

Esoteric wrote:Like I said, only half finished...

But it still looks awesome. :) . I like the idea, too.

Thanks for the best wishes, Eso and Olorc. They were just local classical/musical singing competitions for the South Auckland Area (yes, we're Northlanders)and is around a 40-50 minute drive. I did manage to take out a Third place and a few commendeds. It's not as good as it sounds because there were only 7-9 people in each class, so I ended up about in the middle overall, but I'm pleased with how I did. I learned a lot about singing and improved from last year. :thumb: .

It looks like I'm going to have a little more free time than I had previously thought this week, too... so it's looking up to be able to get an entry in. :) .

I wonder how everyone is doing on their entries.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Esoteric » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:33 pm

CreatureArt wrote:They were just local classical/musical singing competitions for the South Auckland Area (yes, we're Northlanders)and is around a 40-50 minute drive. I did manage to take out a Third place and a few commendeds. It's not as good as it sounds because there were only 7-9 people in each class, so I ended up about in the middle overall, but I'm pleased with how I did. I learned a lot about singing and improved from last year. :thumb: .

Ah, Auckland...I spent two days there.. at least I think it was two days..strangely, I can't seem to remember much of that city, whereas I remember Rotorua and Wellington. :eh: Well as long as you had fun, that's what counts!

Yes, I wonder how the other entries are coming along too...
Esoteric

Postby Scribs » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:18 pm

I await the finished versian of that esoteric.

In the mean time, I must get busy... I have not even started on this months comp, and the time is nearly up. No time. Must go work on entry.

*leaves*
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Next

Return to Art Corner