Another webmanga thread... :\

Projects or project ideas in the works

Another webmanga thread... :\

Postby TrigunX89 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:05 am

Hey there. I just noticed there's like a million other threads about webmangas out there. I think mine is different. Anyways, here are my questions. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to answer them!

1. How do I know the name of my manga isn't already taken?

2. Do I need to do something so that other people won't steal and take credit for my work?

I think that's it. Aside from that, any general tips for making a webmanga would be appreciated, but only if you feel obliged to do so. ^_^ Thanks again!

:dance: :dance: :dance:
TrigunX89

Postby inkhana » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:15 am

1. You don't, I guess...in my case, I just put it in a search engine and looked to see what turned up. In my case, it was nothing of note.

2. You can copyright protect your work. It won't necessarily protect from theft, though. I often sign across the border of the page in question in a way where it can't easily be cropped away, especially over like...tones and stuff. It'll be obvious if someone removes it. Not perfect, but a place to start...^^;;

My best hint for webmanga...do the rewriting BEFORE you start drawing...>.> <---voice of experience XD

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby TrigunX89 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:41 am

Yay quick response! Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

Do I have to pay to copywrite my stuff? Or do I just say something like "All content on this site belongs to [my name here]. Please do not take any of this site's content without the author's permission." ?
TrigunX89

Postby inkhana » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:09 am

You -can- pay to have your copyright registered (which may be a good idea if you actually have the means to take it to court later on) but for the most part, there is a certain imputed copyright value when you actually create work. (or such is my understanding...someone else may be better able to elaborate on this) You can probably put what you wrote above with no real problems.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby TrigunX89 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:22 am

Cool, thanks! I will probably just make a note like I said earlier then. I doubt if I'll need a copywrite anyway. I don't think anyone will want to steal it. It's not that good. ^_^;;

Thanks again for the advice!
TrigunX89

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:09 pm

If you have a good graphics program like Photoshop you can make a little logo or something with your name and put it as a transparency covering a section of the page. This would be quite difficult for someone to remove and claim as their own.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby TrigunX89 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:08 am

Ah, that's a good idea too. Thanks! :)
TrigunX89

Postby Ashley » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:35 pm

There's a digital watermarking filter for photoshop you can use too. As far as copyrighting, I know you can also print off the work and mail it to yourself and simply never open the package--the post mark date will prove you copyrighted it before anyone else. This is how many struggling novelists copyright their work because it's free (save postage).
Ashley

Postby TrigunX89 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:32 am

All good ideas. I think I'm gonna be ok. Now if I can just find the time to work on it. *sigh* Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions!
TrigunX89

Postby Souba » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:20 pm

Hi,
One more suggestion, you may want to try posting the work at sites like deviant art where they can copyright your original work. Btw all great ideas I think I've done most of them already. :)
God Bless,
Souba
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Return to New Projects and Ideas