The History of CAA

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:15 pm

I think we ( meaning the Mod.s or Admin.s) should post a kind of....log..thing..of when key members of CAA joined...Like Micheal, Zilch, and Master Uc.
Solid Ronin

Postby Ashley » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:30 pm

The only problem is A--who would decide who "key" members are and B--that'd be an unfair ego boost to them. All members are equal here--ok, except the ones with colored names. ^^
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:34 pm

But then there's the ultimate question of which color is more powerful: The blue or the red. . .

The world may never know.

(I'm joking, but I honestly am curious why the moddies names are two different colors.)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:41 pm

Huh, I guess no one ever explained that. Red names are Admins--they have full access to all the inner workings of the site and can do pretty much anything. Blue names are mods--they have more limits on what they can do internally (aka messing with the system). But really, when it comes down to it we usually try to consider everyone's voice equally.
Ashley

Postby JediSonic » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:59 pm

you, meaning the ADMINS :lol:
JediSonic

Postby termyt » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:38 am

Ronin of Kirai wrote:I think we ( meaning the Mod.s or Admin.s) should post a kind of....log..thing..of when key members of CAA joined...Like Micheal, Zilch, and Master Uc.

Every member does have their join date listed in their profile. Perhaps not as good as a thread, but the info's out there if you are interested.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Gypsy » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:08 pm

Ashley wrote:Red names are Admins--they have full access to all the inner workings of the site and can do pretty much anything.

Red is very gypsy-ish, is it not? :evil:
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Knives » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:12 pm

Wow
Knives

Postby Kura Ookami » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:38 am

Yep i agree Gypsy. Red is definately your color. :)
Absence is to love as wind is to a flame. It extinguishes the little, it ignites the great.

Life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been real life you would have have been instructed where to go and what to do.

When i argue with reality I lose.....But only 100% of the time.

Once you've decided on a course of action, only you can finish it. As long as you remember that, there's nothing you can't accomplish.
Kura Ookami

Postby Tommy » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:25 am

Don`t forget:

January 2005. Tom Dincht showed up and this website took a toll for the worst. This avatar-free man strived to beome like the others with avatars. He wanted a colored name, a high post count, and a cool avatar, but realized none of that mattered. What mattered was the beauty of the actual post....-sniff-

Seriously, I wouldn`t mind having a high post count, it`s not bad or anything. Almost at the 1000s yes!!!! And I did get a fairly decent avatar, but no colored name.

I found a web adress in Focus on the Family`s "Plugged In" Magazine and what it basically said was: "All Anime is bad." And then it had a link to http://www.animeangels.com or .net (Can`t remember). Well, I didn`t find the website that interesting so I was about to leave and then I saw a little banner at the top that read "Christian Anime Alliance." I clicked on it and joined and since then, this website has been a nightmarish realm of eternal darkness. MWAHAHAAHAHA!
Tommy

Postby c_hunter » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:06 am

Amazing history...
God has a plan for each of us
He wants us to fullfill
And He'll provide the strength we need
To carry out His will.

God bless.. :jump:
c_hunter

Postby Christian_Shugo » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:18 pm

Truly awesome site and history.
Christian_Shugo

Postby Yokuo » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:28 am

Wow. It's been a long road then, huh?
Yokuo

Postby Kaorugirl » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:44 am

God really has worked His hand on this site now, hasn't he??
Kaorugirl

Postby c_hunter » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:31 pm

*congratulates the founder* - God bless!
God has a plan for each of us
He wants us to fullfill
And He'll provide the strength we need
To carry out His will.

God bless.. :jump:
c_hunter

Postby indyrocker » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:28 pm

Gypsy wrote:Red is very gypsy-ish, is it not? :evil:
gypsy dont give into the dark side for anger gives into hate and then hate gives into the dark side and the darkside uses red light sabers stay one of the light.
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby CephasWhite » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:42 pm

:sniffle: So...that's how it's started...*sniff*

Don't forget how the Goof Off forum started :lol:
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby c.t.,girl » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:17 pm

agentsmith700 wrote:gypsy dont give into the dark side for anger gives into hate and then hate gives into the dark side and the darkside uses red light sabers stay one of the light.

o_O eh? *hides red light saber* >8D ... >_>; ... o_O eh?
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:37 pm

I was just wondering: When did oldphil/mithrandir and shoo became part of the staff? Same applies with ink and shiroi (before the removed themselves)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Scribs » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:46 pm

Ash wrote: Since we were adding members left and right, Aaron, Ink and Shi-Hi were our next moderators to step up in June 2003, followed a few months later (I want to say fall 03 but I don't remember for sure) by Shoo, OldPhil and UC.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby beffi90_09 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:20 am

Wow, it's amazing how God can work.
beffi90_09

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:45 am

So what was the first title that was reviewed?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Ashley » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:32 pm

DJNoz wrote his own take on Evangelion waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back before we even had a review database, so I'm sure you could count that as the first. As for the first currently-formatted one, you'd have to ask Gyppers.
Ashley

Postby Akane » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:53 am

Thank you for CAA, Ashley^^ Did you start it when you were my age? Wow, I feel like I can do something now at 16, lol...
John 8:32~
Akane

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:58 pm

I'm glad you came up with this site too. Sorry I ruined it by getting a strike a while back.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:39 pm

I was in on this from close to launch! Wow... That was when I first moved to Azusa, chances of securing a girlfriend high... Then CAA... CAA is the reason I'm single, and it all started about 3 and a half years ago...

Ark wrote:Seems like only yesterday BOB? was running around Asking Riana to help him fix a multiple account messup caused by MSN....*laughs* Old Skool right here baby. \m/

??? I don't remember this. I did have multiple accounts on TechTV (I migrated from TTV to here in August) because I kept forgetting my password.

EDIT:

OHMYWORD... Another gravedug thread... I never notice these things!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Crimson Crusade » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:30 pm

cool
Proof that God has a sense of humor. :dance: ;) :dizzy: :dance:
Crimson Crusade

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:45 am

It's a sticky, so it isn't really gravedigging. And yeah, this site rocks.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:38 am

So what was the first RPG on this site?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Ashley » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:42 pm

That would be the first Chronicles of Tairis story, but it was quite different than what we had going a few years ago. First off, it wasn't named Tairis; secondly, we had no GM; third, it wasn't on this VB forum...it was at the old MSN boards; and finally, it was only me, Gypsy, Lightbringer, and ShatterheartArk playing.
Ashley

Previous Next

Return to General