Is it bad to be Christian and an Anon(A member of the hacktivist group Anonymous

The purpose of the forum is to allow people to post spiritual questions for which they would like answers from their fellow board members.

Is it bad to be Christian and an Anon(A member of the hacktivist group Anonymous

Postby Never thirsty! » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:54 am

I have a friend in my cyber security class who has a black hoodie he made that has a hood that pulls over into a V for Vendetta mask which are what the anonymous wear in all the pictures you see. Some of you may think coincidence but on the back it says this:

We are Anonymous
We are legion
We do not forgive
We do not forget
Expect us

Or as he called it his Creed.
That is the anonymous motto

He has a software on his computer where he can talk and it becomes automated speech which is heard in every Anon YouTube video. He identifies as a Christian but in one of the Anon videos they talk about destroying religion
Never thirsty!

Re: Is it bad to be Christian and an Anon(A member of the hacktivist group Anonymous

Postby Mullet Death » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:57 am

It's likely that he's not really a hacktivist and just wants people to think he's cool.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Re: Is it bad to be Christian and an Anon(A member of the hacktivist group Anonymous

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:42 am

Mullet Death wrote:It's likely that he's not really a hacktivist and just wants people to think he's cool.

....or he hacks people to troll them. I had a classmate at my English courses that once hacked their own school to troll the teachers with Anonymous. Whether it is bad to be an Anon I will say this: If God accepts it, it is fine.
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby Never thirsty! » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:04 am

TheChocolateGamer wrote:
Mullet Death wrote:It's likely that he's not really a hacktivist and just wants people to think he's cool.

....or he hacks people to troll them. I had a classmate at my English courses that once hacked their own school to troll the teachers with Anonymous. Whether it is bad to be an Anon I will say this: If God accepts it, it is fine.

I can't say one way or another if he is in fact a hacktivist some Anons are not hackers some have very minimal coding skills but we're in a cyber security class so I wouldn't be surprised if he learned to hack from the snippets of CMD we learned

I also said the Anons are against religion just watch this YouTube video
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yfMRKWO3ihA
Never thirsty!

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:15 am

Never thirsty! wrote:
TheChocolateGamer wrote:

I can't say one way or another if he is in fact a hacktivist some Anons are not hackers some have very minimal coding skills but we're in a cyber security class so I wouldn't be surprised if he learned to hack from the snippets of CMD we learned

I also said the Anons are against religion just watch this YouTube video
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yfMRKWO3ihA

Haven't watched the video, but I'm going to say this: our faith in God is not a religion. Religion does NOT save. We may have done 100000+ good works, but that won't save us. We are commanded to love God and to love each other, but that doesn't save us, only faith does. Everything legalistic and religious-centralic is a BURDEN to us. Yes we should have morals and good thinking, but to have a religious-centred life is a no, no.
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:19 am

I'd vote for the "bad boy" trope thing.

Anonomnomnominous's behavior is contrary to the way God want's his people to behave, so if you participate as a Christian I'd say to expect some discipline and character building in the future.

Personally, I'd say it's bad to be an Anom whether you are a Christian or not.
Rusty Claymore

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:13 pm

Sounds like he's doing this for attentionand people's reactions.
K. Ayato

Postby Never thirsty! » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:37 pm

ChocolateGamer in the video the Anon giving the message says "God is not spelled with a capital 'G'" so I don't think that matters to them any belief in a deity is a bad thing. K, I just watched a video from the anonymous YouTube channel and basically according to the channel anyone can be an Anon. Forr all you know your best friend could be an Anon like I said before not all Anons are blackhats some are average people like your coworker or the cashier at the game stop or someone in your house it could even be that guy you think is socially awkward and won't do anything with his life. Personally I like most of what they stand for except ridding the world of all hope in any deity no matter what the belief system is
Never thirsty!

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:58 am

Never thirsty! wrote:ChocolateGamer in the video the Anon giving the message says "God is not spelled with a capital 'G'" so I don't think that matters to them any belief in a deity is a bad thing. K, I just watched a video from the anonymous YouTube channel and basically according to the channel anyone can be an Anon. Forr all you know your best friend could be an Anon like I said before not all Anons are blackhats some are average people like your coworker or the cashier at the game stop or someone in your house it could even be that guy you think is socially awkward and won't do anything with his life. Personally I like most of what they stand for except ridding the world of all hope in any deity no matter what the belief system is

Not surprised. Most of the ''secret'' (which are not actually secret) societies like SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Illuminati, KKK and others are pretty much everywhere. They want to rule the world and this shouldn't surprise you. It is stupid, but not surprising. Still, your friend could be just hacking people for trolling. If there is something very fishy about him, tell the teacher and/or the local police. :thumbsup:

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby Never thirsty! » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:05 am

TheChocolateGamer wrote:
Never thirsty! wrote:ChocolateGamer in the video the Anon giving the message says "God is not spelled with a capital 'G'" so I don't think that matters to them any belief in a deity is a bad thing. K, I just watched a video from the anonymous YouTube channel and basically according to the channel anyone can be an Anon. Forr all you know your best friend could be an Anon like I said before not all Anons are blackhats some are average people like your coworker or the cashier at the game stop or someone in your house it could even be that guy you think is socially awkward and won't do anything with his life. Personally I like most of what they stand for except ridding the world of all hope in any deity no matter what the belief system is

Not surprised. Most of the ''secret'' (which are not actually secret) societies like SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Illuminati, KKK and others are pretty much everywhere. They want to rule the world and this shouldn't surprise you. It is stupid, but not surprising. Still, your friend could be just hacking people for trolling. If there is something very fishy about him, tell the teacher and/or the local police. :thumbsup:

Yeah I guess it is not a surprise that anyone can be an Anon but he isn't a hacker at least not that I know of. Like I said, we learned a few cmd commands that could possibly be used for hacking if they we arranged correctly I mean any code could. But this guy mostly sends people what we call 4/1 programs which are as the name suggests in reference to April fools day prank programs for example last night he sent me an email with some batch code that made an infinite loop that says "We will survive the eve and end of spring, we will survive the eve and end of summer, we will survive the eve and end of autumn, we will survive the eve and end of winter." Which is what is in a video Anonymous released about a week ago it was not a virus or a hack because it didn't and won't harm my machine. He's not engaging in anything illegal unless he's been pulling of the major hacks Anonymous has been credited with from the McDonald's down the road from the police station I know he's not that stupid. Other than that I am with him all the time because if we're not in class, studying, working or doing assignments together. We are either smashing to the max. Or at Bible study. So I am sure he has no time for complex hacks like Anonymous has done
Never thirsty!

Postby Ante Bellum » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:44 am

Ante Bellum

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:24 am

Ante Bellum wrote:Image

Don't joke with these things. There is nothing funny in this :/. Sorry, but there isn't.

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby shooraijin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:25 pm

Before this degenerates, Never thirsty, do you have any further questions on this topic?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Never thirsty! » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Yes I did more research on Anonymous and found out being an Anon is not illegal it's about as illegal as being a law-abiding citizen and they aren't against religion at least according to a more recent video. What they are against is causing other people who don't think like you to suffer. Among other research and it's not anti-christian like I thought previously. So this thread now has my permission to be discontinued as it serves no purpose since I have found what i need
Never thirsty!

Postby goldenspines » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:53 am

a wild goldy appears

Okie dokie, let's lock it up then.
goldenspines

Return to Christian Growth Q&A