Want to play multiplayer?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Want to play multiplayer?

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:01 pm

Hey siblings of faith. Does someone have an idea of a multiplayer game we could play together. I want to test your skills (and mine). So,if anyone has an idea, please reply. :grin: :P
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Re: Want to play multiplayer?

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:27 pm

Do you play Gears of War Ultimate Edition for Windows? I play that quite a bit, one of the few games I can consistently be persuaded to boot into Windows for along with Dark Souls (but not the third game, yet). Or we can play co-op Victor Vran. Or one of the other roughly 500 games I have/ one of the multiplayer games within them. Add me on Steam, GOG, and/or the Xbox app.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:05 am

Mullet Death wrote:Do you play Gears of War Ultimate Edition for Windows? I play that quite a bit, one of the few games I can consistently be persuaded to boot into Windows for along with Dark Souls (but not the third game, yet). Or we can play co-op Victor Vran. Or one of the other roughly 500 games I have/ one of the multiplayer games within them. Add me on Steam, GOG, and/or the Xbox app.

Something free to play, please. :sweat: I added you on Steam, so we could play something. :thumbsup:
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby IPv4 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:52 am

There is a steam sale right now so you can get civilization complete 3 for about a dollar, But in order to play it multiplayer you need to setup a fake lan over the internet through an ip-tunnel, luckily there are free softwares for that like for instance "hamatchi". I have a few copies in my steam library I might gift away if many people here are interested.
IPv4

Postby IPv4 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:06 am

I have all star craft 2 versions and if you play star craft brood war with someone who owns the game it is free, but if i play it on my current laptop it eventually overheats

""Woops apparently its called heart of the swarm
IPv4

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:29 am

IPv4 wrote:There is a steam sale right now so you can get civilization complete 3 for about a dollar, But in order to play it multiplayer you need to setup a fake lan over the internet through an ip-tunnel, luckily there are free softwares for that like for instance "hamatchi". I have a few copies in my steam library I might gift away if many people here are interested.

Of the game? That's great. I can buy the game (and any other game) myself, but the machine is closed for today (there is a machine in the city centre, where you people can pay their taxes and where people can add money to Steam). Also Civilization is one of my most favourite game series :)

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:31 am

By the way, what's your Steam name?

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby IPv4 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:09 pm

not sure if I want to tell my steam id, also playing as only 2 humans on a high difficulty with someone who is a MLG n0scoper gandalf at this game wouldnt be fun
IPv4

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:22 pm

IPv4 wrote:not sure if I want to tell my steam id, also playing as only 2 humans on a high difficulty with someone who is a MLG n0scoper gandalf at this game wouldnt be fun

Can't blame you for the steam id. It's probably better not, if you feel that way :thumbsup:

Who told you I'm a MLG n0scoper gandalf? :lol: I'm maybe strong, but not THAT strong. Also I haven't played the third game (I have played mostly IV, V and a little of I).

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby IPv4 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:43 pm

TheChocolateGamer wrote:
IPv4 wrote:not sure if I want to tell my steam id, also playing as only 2 humans on a high difficulty with someone who is a MLG n0scoper gandalf at this game wouldnt be fun

Can't blame you for the steam id. It's probably better not, if you feel that way :thumbsup:

Who told you I'm a MLG n0scoper gandalf? :lol: I'm maybe strong, but not THAT strong. Also I haven't played the third game (I have played mostly IV, V and a little of I).

I was referring to myself, I tried playing on the "emperor" difficulty on a huge map and I seem to be winning (altough I cheated by loading old saved files from time to time).
IPv4

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:49 pm

I was referring to myself, I tried playing on the "emperor" difficulty on a huge map and I seem to be winning (altough I cheated by loading old saved files from time to time).

That is not very convincing my friend (due to your cheating). But I LOVE to play with someone much stronger than me. So don't worry about that. :thumb:

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby LecktheTech » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:44 pm

Have you ever heard of The Battle for Wesnoth?
[url]wesnoth.org[/url]
♪The sword is sharp, the spear is long.

The arrow swift, the gate is strong

The heart is bold, that looks on gold

The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.♪
LecktheTech

Postby IPv4 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:02 am

LecktheTech wrote:Have you ever heard of The Battle for Wesnoth?
[url]wesnoth.org[/url]

Nope, and it looks like an indie game (bad).
IPv4

Postby IPv4 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:13 am

when playing civ 3 multiplayer you can choose to have simultaneous moves, which means that all players move at the same time during a turn (which is a huge time saver, but not always "fair" since you may have to be quick).
IPv4

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:48 am

IPv4 wrote:
[url]wesnoth.org[/url]

No, but I'm interested in it. Reminds me of Heroes of Might and Magic IV.

Minecraft is an indie game BTW. :D The most original video games are actually indie ones. They may not be as professional as the other ones, but they are good also (yes there are awful ones but so do the other).
Last edited by TheChocolateGamer on Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:49 am

IPv4 wrote:when playing civ 3 multiplayer you can choose to have simultaneous moves, which means that all players move at the same time during a turn (which is a huge time saver, but not always "fair" since you may have to be quick).

That is very interesting. Very interesting, indeed. Hmmmm....

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby LecktheTech » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:44 am

TheChocolateGamer wrote:
IPv4 wrote:
[url]wesnoth.org[/url]

No, but I'm interested in it. Reminds me of Heroes of Might and Magic IV.

If you have a free hour or two sometime, I wouldn't mind playing a game with you. You'd have to set up a server and port forwarding. Unless the offical server would do.

LecktheTech

Postby LecktheTech » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:46 am

IPv4 wrote:
[url]wesnoth.org[/url]

It's not so much indie as free.

LecktheTech

Postby Mullet Death » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:53 am

Not sure why you think a game needs to have a publisher to be good, IPv4. Your attitude is one of the bigger problems with the industry.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby IPv4 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:00 am

ofcourse not ALL indie games are bad, but many of them looks bad imo.
IPv4

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:16 am

Okay let's not go to a point where we will regret it. I suggest these games:

1. Robocraft
2. League of Legends
3. Team Fortress II *
4. Any board and card game online
5. Any abandonware game with (online) multiplayer.
6. Battle of Westnoth (I'm trying it)

Or on the PS3 these games:

1. Uncharted 3
2. Alien vs Predator *
3. GTA V *
4. Rainbow 6 Vegas
5. Minecraft
6. ModNation Racers
7. Need for Speed: Prostreet
8. Payday 2 *

*I don't play it but I have it

These are the games I suggest. If there are other suggestions, please NO arguing. Just say is want to or not. Thank you. :angel:

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby LecktheTech » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:54 am

I can play TBFW most evenings after 6, but the time difference is about 8 hours, so that would be two in the morning for you. I could go till about 9:30 at night, which would be 5:30 in the morning for you...I'm not sure if this would work for you or not.

LecktheTech

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:01 am

LecktheTech wrote:I can play TBFW most evenings after 6, but the time difference is about 8 hours, so that would be two in the morning for you. I could go till about 9:30 at night, which would be 5:30 in the morning for you...I'm not sure if this would work for you or not.

From 6 to 6:45/7 (your time) would be enough for me :sweat: I would sleep 3 hours then I will wake up at 3 my time to play a little, then I will go back to sleep. Don't worry, SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK :lol: (I'm so sorry)

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby LecktheTech » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:05 am

Ok, I'll see if that would work for me tonight if you want. How is the server being taken care of?

LecktheTech

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:09 am

I will start it, when I wake up if that's what you mean. :thumbsup:

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby LecktheTech » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:17 am

Ok

LecktheTech

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:27 pm

Sorry, I can't play today. I have to wake up at 7 AM (our time) and risking my health is not a good thing. I will sleep in the afternoon and a little in the evening, and we could play at 3. Hope you understand.

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby LecktheTech » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:45 pm

3 my time or yours?

LecktheTech

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:35 am

Mine

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby LecktheTech » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:03 am

Oh

LecktheTech

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews