Job hunt back on

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Re: Job hunt back on

Postby Psycho Molos » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:03 pm

Applied at Arby's and went to the open interview and got a callback for a second interview but.... They said they're looking more for full time night people that could do register and/or fryer. I also applied at this burger place that's going to open up soon.

Sometimes I wish I could've kept my mouth shut and had not posted those "notes" all over social media and just went ahead and drink myself to oblivion.....

Also, harassment is no fun for either party....guess which side I was on, and that's how the termination happened.
Psycho Molos

Postby IPv4 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:48 pm

tell me more about the harassment
IPv4

Postby Psycho Molos » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:53 pm

IPv4 wrote:tell me more about the harassment

I'll pm u
Psycho Molos

Postby IPv4 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:39 am

well, in Sweden you cant terminate people for no reason that easily. Or if you get terminated it is common to get 3 months pay, since if you dont theres a big chance that the ex-employee will seek revenge. And revenge is more expensive than 3 months of salary.

*edit, its against the law to fire someone without a valid reason.
Last edited by IPv4 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IPv4

Postby Xeno » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:38 pm

IPv4 wrote:well, in Sweden you cant terminate people for no reason that easily. Or if you get terminated it is common to get 3 months pay, since if you dont theres a big chance that the ex-employee will seek revenge. And revenge is more expensive than 3 months of salary.

The state that Molos, and I for that matter, lives in has what are known as right-to-work laws. Ironically, theses laws do the exact opposite of what it sounds like it should be doing; they restrict the abilities of employees to form unions/make it non-mandatory to join the union at a unionized work place, and also allow for employers to terminate any employee at any time with zero notice for any reason outside of protected class things (age, sexuality, gender, race, religion, etc.), though that's not exactly hard to get around if you're questioned as to why you fired someone. So basically, if a supervisor or manager doesn't like you for one reason or another that has nothing to do with your ability to do your job, there is really no way to stop them from terminating you or preventing retaliation via termination for reporting them for harassment.
Xeno

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:18 pm

Most of the work you mentioned applying for has been fast food kind of work - have you considered branching out? Data entry or other office temp work was really good to me, helping me build up a better resume until I got back into my field and the best job I've had. Look up temp agencies, use them as a way to start moving towards what you really want to do with your life. (That's assuming it's not in restaurants or fast food, that is.)

Speaking of, what kind of work do you really want to be doing? Is there a field you really feel attracted to?

Xeno wrote:and also allow for employers to terminate any employee at any time with zero notice for any reason outside of protected class things (age, sexuality, gender, race, religion, etc.), though that's not exactly hard to get around if you're questioned as to why you fired someone. So basically, if a supervisor or manager doesn't like you for one reason or another that has nothing to do with your ability to do your job, there is really no way to stop them from terminating you or preventing retaliation via termination for reporting them for harassment.

This would actually fall under "at-will employment," which is a separate issue from right to work. My state is not a "right to work" state, and for my jobs, I've always had to sign documents saying that there is no contract guaranteeing my term with the company, and that my time can be ended by either me or them at any time, for any reason.
Davidizer13

Postby Psycho Molos » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:24 am

Davidizer13 wrote:Most of the work you mentioned applying for has been fast food kind of work - have you considered branching out? Data entry or other office temp work was really good to me, helping me build up a better resume until I got back into my field and the best job I've had. Look up temp agencies, use them as a way to start moving towards what you really want to do with your life. (That's assuming it's not in restaurants or fast food, that is.)

Speaking of, what kind of work do you really want to be doing? Is there a field you really feel attracted to?

Xeno wrote:and also allow for employers to terminate any employee at any time with zero notice for any reason outside of protected class things (age, sexuality, gender, race, religion, etc.), though that's not exactly hard to get around if you're questioned as to why you fired someone. So basically, if a supervisor or manager doesn't like you for one reason or another that has nothing to do with your ability to do your job, there is really no way to stop them from terminating you or preventing retaliation via termination for reporting them for harassment.

This would actually fall under "at-will employment," which is a separate issue from right to work. My state is not a "right to work" state, and for my jobs, I've always had to sign documents saying that there is no contract guaranteeing my term with the company, and that my time can be ended by either me or them at any time, for any reason.

Actually u misunderstood. I was the one doing the harassing :-/
Psycho Molos

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:00 am

Psycho Molos wrote: Actually u misunderstood. I was the one doing the harassing :-/

And here I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

For someone who talks about how much he hates how his life is going, you have a way of self-destructing the ways by which you can change it. You're lucky that getting fired was all that happened - from the sound of it, your actions could have been the grounds for lawsuits or criminal charges. And you since you seem to realize that what you were doing was wrong, I doubt you could have weaseled your way out based on mental deficiency. Does your guardian know that you got fired from a job because you chose to harass a co-worker online? Was it worth whatever jollies you got from venting your real feelings?
Davidizer13

Postby IPv4 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:38 am

I dont think he should have been fired from what I've heard. He wasnt given a chance to explain himself.
IPv4

Postby shooraijin » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:00 pm

Let's not get into the who-did-what, since we only have one party to the event here.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Psycho Molos » Wed May 11, 2016 9:49 pm

Thanks Shooby for being in my corner.

I had a change in job coaches, there is this new guy there at Gatesway and they shifted around the caseloads and I got shuffled to the new guy. Anyway we went to do more applications but only had time to fill out one online before going to this diner to see how I still am at table bussing and I did well. We talked to the manager at this steakhouse (the place I filled out the application for) and everything points out to looking quite good. The last I heard is that I go there tomorrow afternoon for an interview before he decides whether or not to take me. I don't know if I jinx anything by typing this though....
Psycho Molos

Postby Psycho Molos » Thu May 12, 2016 12:07 pm

I start Monday at Santa Fe Cattle Company!! Glory to the Capellan Confederation! :P
Psycho Molos

Postby Sheenar » Thu May 12, 2016 6:06 pm

So glad to hear you got the job!!! I hope it works out well for you! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue May 17, 2016 2:23 am

That's awesome to hear. Hope all goes well.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Previous

Return to Prayer Room