New guy = me

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

New guy = me

Postby totomo_oishi_desu » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:05 pm

I am probably older than most of you...currently 47 and have been a believer since 1990
I am married with 3 daughters...2 are in their 20s and like anime
I live in Georgia, USA near the Alabama line
We attend a local baptist church where I am a deacon.
I work in Atlanta, but we live on a small farm and we are in a very rural area so wifi is non-existent there.

I enjoy watching :
Bleach
Mars Daybreak
Planetes
Full Metal Alchemist
Witch Hunter Robin

My kids like One Piece A LOT!!!!!!
My wife and youngest daughter don't really like it at all.

I was introduced to Bleach first as part of a Japanese language class we took at the local library for 2 years. The course was called Irasshai and our teacher wqas American, but had lived in Japan for 10 years.

I am so glad I stumbled into this site...I can hardly wait to read all the posts and reviews.
totomo_oishi_desu

Re: New guy = me

Postby shooraijin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:55 am

Not super old (I'm 38), but welcome! yoroshiku o-negai shimasu!
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Thunderscream872 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Welcome to CAA :)

Fullmetal Alchemist and Bleach are both awesome! I'd like to see Planetes, it looks really different from most other anime out there.

I've never watched One Piece. I know you shouldn't judge an anime by the art, but I can't help it, it just looks so weird to me. Yet, from what I hear, its actually suppose to be the best out of the "big five", or whatever--all those really long running ones (Bleach, Fairy Tail, etc.).

Anyways, I hope you enjoy it here!
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Kraavdran » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:14 pm

Hello, welcome welcome!

Ah, Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist! I was first introduced to real anime by way of Bleach... and Full Metal Alchemist was soon after that. Very fun shows. That's really cool that your family watches anime! To be honest, I've never gotten in to One Piece. I don't really like the animation style. But I have friends that really like it.

So, you learned about Bleach through a Japanese language class? I'm curious, what made you interested in the Japanese language, if not anime? That's cool that the person teaching it recommended anime. Makes lots of sense.

Atlanta! I've actually been there briefly. Lots of traffic, from what I remember.

Anyways, welcome!
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum et pereat mundus"
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kraavdran
Kraavdran

Postby Shroopy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:27 am

Welcome to CAA! Image
HERE BEGINS THE QUOTE SECTION

"Click click click. Still defective." -Defective Turret

"Hands off my bread!"-Falco

"NYEHEHEH!" -Papyrus

THIS IS WHERE THE QUOTE SECTION ENDS

DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE!

Where did you come from? Yes/No

ImageImageImage
http://img.memecdn.com/i-dare-here-to-do-that-with-a-piggy-bank_o_6395283.jpg
Shroopy

Postby totomo_oishi_desu » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Kraavdran wrote: I'm curious, what made you interested in the Japanese language, if not anime? !

The opportunity! If it had been Romanian or Hindi it would not have mattered.

My oldest daughter joined the class as well. She also took 2 years of it in High School and a year of it at Georgia Tech getting all "A"s.

You can view them online I think...Just google "Irasshai" or go here: http://www.gpb.org/irasshai/japanese-i
totomo_oishi_desu

Return to Who's Who