Hello you all :)

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hello you all :)

Postby WarriorSam » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:34 am

hey i'm Samuel from the Netherlands 28 years old
currently studying applied Arts & Technology to become cameraman/documentary maker

I love anime/manga

big fan of Studio Ghibli
and One Piece

also love
Fullmetal Alchemist
Mushishi
Wolf Children
Monster
Barefoot Gen
Death Note

and i just finished reading they whole 20th century boys series which i also loved..

currently watching Steins:Gate (not a big fan so far)
and a bit of Natsume Yuujinchou (just 2 episodes in)

I keep track of my anime and manga on
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/UncleSam

other hobbies are music
http://www.last.fm/user/WarriorSam
and i also play drums

and also watch allot of other movies and series..

I

I made this account a few years back... when i stumbled on the bookmark in my list i thought why not try be a bit active there so here i am :P
Last edited by WarriorSam on Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WarriorSam

Re: Hello you all :)

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:53 pm

Hey Sam, welcome to the family!
Don't know how far you are in Steins;gate but I really liked it after the first couple of episodes - it's a little... "meh" at first, though...
What's your favorite Ghibli film?
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:24 pm

Welcome.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby WarriorSam » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Fav Ghibli movie.. Laputa: Castle in the Sky... I have kind off a weak spot for that one..

I'm now 6 episodes in with Steins:Gate.. i do like the story so far but the characters annoy me for some reason..
WarriorSam

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:11 pm

Hey, welcome!

I'm a huge Steins;Gate fan. I loved nearly everything about that show, especially the characters. I thought the chemistry between them was so much fun to watch; however, I know some people had some issues with the first the half of the show. Around episode twelve it really picks up, and I think you'll really enjoy it from that point on. For me, I enjoyed the whole thing; loved almost every minute of it, but, it's not for everyone.

Fullmetal Alchemist (both FMA and FMA:B) and Death Note are also really good. If you enjoyed Death Note and Monster, I highly recommend checking out Psycho-Pass. It sort of falls under the same umbrella as those two except with more of a cyberpunk/futuristic vibe to it. It's a little bit episodic early on, but it becomes more serialized as it goes on.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby WarriorSam » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:34 am

Yeah gonna watch Psycho-Pass after Steins;Gate.. :)
WarriorSam

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:Hey, welcome!

I'm a huge Steins;Gate fan. I loved nearly everything about that show, especially the characters. I thought the chemistry between them was so much fun to watch; however, I know some people had some issues with the first the half of the show. Around episode twelve it really picks up, and I think you'll really enjoy it from that point on. For me, I enjoyed the whole thing; loved almost every minute of it, but, it's not for everyone.

Yes, yes. Quite right, quite right, old chap.
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:59 am

Welcome, welcome.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Who's Who