April Coloring Contest

This forum contains the rules, the themes, and the entries for the monthly manga contest

April Coloring Contest

Postby nillapoet » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:09 pm

April Coloring Contest.

Since there was a decent amount of interest in a coloring contest, I figured I'd give it a go.

If you have any suggestions for future lineart, pm me.

How the contest works: Each month a lineart will be picked. Color it in with whatever medium you choose. When you post your colored in lineart, make sure to say which medium you used. Contest will be open for most of the month. About the last week of the month the contest will close and voting will open. Whoever gets the most votes wins and gets a digital high five from me.

This month's lineart is Juvia from Fairy Tail. FYI this image should print fine.

nillapoet

Re: April Coloring Contest

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:12 am

I might give this a shot. Let's see if my printer likes me.
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby artisticDreamer » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:17 am

I'll try this out. I have no idea who Juvia is, but I'll do it.
artisticDreamer

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:52 pm

Oh look, I forgot about this. I'll get right on it.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:43 am

Oh yay! A coloring contest! I've never seen Fairy Tail, but I'll color it! Cause I love coloring. :)

Where/how do we submit it once we've colored it?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby nillapoet » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:28 am

Find a photo hosting site like photo bucket and upload it there. Then post the image url in this thread and the image will show up here.
nillapoet

Postby Sheenar » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:57 pm

Thanks!

I'll get started as soon as I can. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby nillapoet » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:57 am

I used copic markers. Sorry the pic is a little blurry.

nillapoet

Postby Midori » Fri May 01, 2015 10:17 pm

I must profusely apologize that although I said I'd participate in a coloring contest, I have not produced an entry before the month ran out. I have excuses but you probably don't need them. If you want me to, I'll keep trying to make a late entry, but I can't guarantee I'll manage.

By the way, that's a very nice job, nillapoet. I especially like the almost silky texture of the hair. I'm pretty sure I could not manage to do nearly so well.
Midori

Postby Xeno » Sat May 02, 2015 1:51 am

I didn't even notice this thread until now. Suggest these contests be moved to General to draw more attention. Would have participated last month.
Xeno

Postby Sheenar » Sat May 02, 2015 6:57 pm

I forgot about the contest. :(

Was caught up in many things going on and forgot. I apologize. :(

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat May 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Aaaaah, I managed to forget about this as well. April turned out to be a very hectic month. But as Midori said, no excuses. I will endeavor to do better next time, assuming you're willing to put up with us and do this again.
Also, that picture is amazing! The lighting is perfect. I could not have matched those skills.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby nillapoet » Mon May 04, 2015 6:52 pm

I'll repost this in general.
nillapoet

Return to Monthly Manga Contest