New Here!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

New Here!

Postby Penter » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Greetings!

After looking for a community of Christians and anime fans, I finally stumbled across this place.
I hopefully will no longer have to compromise my morals to stay in touch with an anime community. :)

Just a little bit about me-

I am currently living in Middle Tennessee, so I am in USA Central Time.

I am a huge fan of Visual Novels, if that can be considered anime. I spend much more time reading than I spend watching anime. Favorites include Ever17, Remember11, Higurashi, an Umineko. (Currently reading Umineko)

While I generally keep this separate from the anime fandom, I am a furry, so all be warned ahead of time.

Aside from reading, I generally waste my time messing with FL studios, Listening to music, and Debating( Yes, I am a debater. Don't get into an argument with me. :P)

I'm not too great at this introductory stuff, so I really don't know what to say next.

Thanks!
Penter

Re: New Here!

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:46 pm

Welcome! I like a lot of visual novels as well :) What kind of music are you into?
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Penter » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:25 pm

Makachop^^128 wrote:Welcome! I like a lot of visual novels as well :) What kind of music are you into?

I'm a bit selective, but I will listen to most songs that don't have words. I stick mostly to soundtracks and a few select artists I like on soundcloud.
Penter

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Hello! o_o/
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Thunderscream872 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:32 am

Welcome!

I've spent some time messing around with FL Studio myself; it's pretty fun. There just seems like there is so much there you gotta learn to be good with it, and I just don't have the time, but it's pretty cool software nonetheless!

Do you have a favorite anime that isn't a visual novel?
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Penter » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:Welcome!

I've spent some time messing around with FL Studio myself; it's pretty fun. There just seems like there is so much there you gotta learn to be good with it, and I just don't have the time, but it's pretty cool software nonetheless!

Do you have a favorite anime that isn't a visual novel?

The amount of anime I have watched is limited. I've read a few mangas that have an anime, though. I probably haven't watched enough to be able to have a favorite, but I enjoyed Death Note pretty well. I'm open to suggestions, even though I prefer reading over watching. :)
Penter

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:55 am

Welcome, welcome.
Don't trip on the doorframe on your way in. Enjoy your time and don't talk to inanimate objects. They can smell fear.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby WorldsTraveler » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:58 am

Wow, we live in the same state! I was just thinking yesterday that I don’t see many anime fans around here. TN doesn't have many conventions or meetups though, so that might be the reason.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! It is indeed great to be in a Christian environment that loves Japanese animation. Hope you enjoy your time here. ^_^
WorldsTraveler

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:25 pm

Penter wrote:I am a furry

Purge the unclean. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I like some furry stuff too. Don't tell nobody.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Sheenar » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:28 pm

Welcome! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Hey welcome :3
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby Midori » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Welcome to CAA.
Midori

Postby Lilac#18 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi, Penter. Image
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Hello! :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Huh. I've got a friend who's in debate, though I don't understand what all the stuff she tells me about is, its sounds pretty fun.
Welcome and have a cookie. The chocolate chip ones came out great today.

...someone start an argument, I wanna see this guy in action XD
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Penter » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Well, It turns out just around the time I joined I was to get into some family issues along with plenty of excess outside stress. Credit to MathGrant for reminding me this palce existed. Anyways, while I don't plan to be too active I'm hoping to get back into things and meet some good friends here.

Wolfsong wrote:Huh. I've got a friend who's in debate, though I don't understand what all the stuff she tells me about is, its sounds pretty fun.
Welcome and have a cookie. The chocolate chip ones came out great today.

...someone start an argument, I wanna see this guy in action XD

You don't wanna do that. Trust me. It will come in time; I'm an argumentative person. :P
Penter

Postby Lovemelody » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:54 am

Hello Penter!
I wanted to come to your introductory post and say hello as well! ^_^

I peeked and I saw that you like visual novels.
They are pretty great and the art is really beautiful most of the time if it is a professional one. ^_^
Sometimes I will play otome visual novels because I like the stories and the art.

Penter wrote:I'm a bit selective, but I will listen to most songs that don't have words. I stick mostly to soundtracks and a few select artists I like on soundcloud.

That's awesome! :D
Do you have a favorite composer or do you like the soundtrack from a specific series? I love soundtrack music and I'm always wanting to find new songs.
Lovemelody

Return to Who's Who