Samaritan's Purse Christmas Campaign

Projects or project ideas in the works

Samaritan's Purse Christmas Campaign

Postby TWWK » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:33 am

Hi, All!

As you might know, I run a website (Beneath the Tangles) that discusses Christianity by delving into anime. This Christmas, our staff decided to really focus on trying to do something to give back and meet the needs of the less fortunate. To accomplish this, we're running a campaign through a crowdsourcing site in an attempt to raise $600 for three Samaritan's Purse programs which will respectively aid orphans, children with disabilities, and vulnerable women. Samaritan's Purse is an amazing Christian organization that you might know best by it's Operation Christmas Child program.

As part of this campaign, we've received a whole lot of DVDs from partnering anime production companies for giveaways. Donating $10 earns you one raffle ticket toward receiving the DVDs.

Please consider giving to our campaign this season, and if not to us, through some other organization or other manner this holiday season. My pastor always challenges us to give to missions a gift equivalent to the price of the highest one we spend on ourselves during the holidays, and I think that's a good challenge for all of us to consider as we seek to sacrificially help others. You could also really help us out by spreading the word about this project via social media.

The campaign concludes on December 18th!

Happy holidays, everyone!

Anime Fans Giving Back
TWWK

Return to New Projects and Ideas