Hi from TsubasaKamen! :)

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Hi from TsubasaKamen! :)

Postby TsubasaKamen » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi I am very happy to have come across this website. For a little while I thought I was the only person who watched anime that was actually a Christian. Of course, I knew this wasn't the case, but it felt that way. To establish what I believe in, just so we are sure on what "kind of Christian" I am, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Most High God, and that He proceeded forth and came from God from Heaven to Earth, being Miraculously Conceived within the womb of the Virgin Mary by the overshadowing of the Father and by the power of the Holy Spirit. I believe that there is only "ONE" GOD! But that He is Manifested as Three Glorified Persons that make up the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. I believe that we are Justified by Faith in Christ and the Cross, Sanctified with the Holy Spirit through Baptism into Christ, and that the Glorification process is still future, which will take place at the Resurrection/Rapture. I like to help people understand Bible Fundamentalism but without drifting away from the Cross of Christ. I welcome all questions and comments if you have any you would like to ask/share.

Really my Christian values outweigh my love for anime by an unmeasurable distance but that does not mean I do not love anime. I watch it daily, and get loads of laughs and enjoyment from it. Some animes can even bring me to tears. But at the same time nothing is as precious and important to me as my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Who has conquered the grave and gives Eternal Life through His Sacrifice on the Cross. Even so I like anime that has supernatural and spiritual plots like Shakugan No Shana, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, and let's go with Madoka Magica.

Also if I may, could someone please lead me in the right direction to find an Avatar that will fit on this site? ^_^;
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Re: Hi from TsubasaKamen! :)

Postby Furen » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:26 pm

Nice to meet you :D
Welcome to CAA
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby TsubasaKamen » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:31 pm

Thank you, I am happy to be apart of this site, and hope to spend a lot of my free time here. :D
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:21 am

Welcome to CAA!

Do you have a favorite anime?

TsubasaKamen wrote:Also if I may, could someone please lead me in the right direction to find an Avatar that will fit on this site? ^_^;

Are you asking what we think your avatar should be, or how to size a picture so it works in the site?

Your avatar should be whatever you want it to be, whether that's a fictional character, your pet, whatever.

You can use Paint or other picture editing software to resize the image, or you could do it online. I think this is the site I used: http://www.picresize.com/ It's pretty simple, but if you need me to explain it, I'd be cool with that. :)
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby TsubasaKamen » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:14 am

My favorite "classic" anime is Ranma 1/2. It was the first anime besides what I watched on Television during the mid 90's that I watched through right to the end off the Internet. Since then I have watched the anime several times over and would say that I invested the most time into Ranma 1/2 than any other anime that I've watched. My favorite "newer" anime would be either Spice and Wolf of Shakugan No Shana. But Sailor Moon Crystal and Sword Art Online are up there as well! Thanks for the idea to go to Paint. I was able to fix resize my Avatar there. ^_^
TsubasaKamen

Postby drill » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:32 am

Welcome to CAA!

Do you read manga as well?
If so, what are your favorites?
Favorite music (bands/songs/genres/etc.)?

Hm... can't think of anything else right now, but I hope you enjoy your stay here :D
drill

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:54 am

Welcome! o_o/
Thunderscream872 wrote:
TsubasaKamen wrote:Also if I may, could someone please lead me in the right direction to find an Avatar that will fit on this site? ^_^;

Are you asking what we think your avatar should be, or how to size a picture so it works in the site?

Your avatar should be whatever you want it to be, whether that's a fictional character, your pet, whatever.

You can use Paint or other picture editing software to resize the image, or you could do it online. I think this is the site I used: http://www.picresize.com/ It's pretty simple, but if you need me to explain it, I'd be cool with that. :)

Specs for avatars are 100x100 pixels, with a maximum file size of 63.00 KB. I don't think there's any restriction on filetype (png,jpg, etc.), you can even have an animated gif if you like (I had one for a bit).
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby TsubasaKamen » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:36 pm

drill wrote:Welcome to CAA!

Do you read manga as well?
If so, what are your favorites?
Favorite music (bands/songs/genres/etc.)?

Hm... can't think of anything else right now, but I hope you enjoy your stay here :D

Like the Ranma 1/2 anime I am also into the manga, but the truth is I watch more anime than I read manga. The biggest manga I ever read completely through was Air Gear which was over 300 Chapters in length. I am presently working on getting all the remastered stuff for Ranma 1/2 as it comes out in Omnibuses and on DVD and Blu-ray. Another anime and manga that I've watched and read through several times is Sailor Moon with Sailor Moon S being my favorite season.

As for Bands, I listen to some Indie Rock groups like Tegan and Sara, mainly because I find Sara Quin adorable. My favorite Christian artist goes to Keith Green hands down. His Music is so inspiring and anointed. But in all truth and fact I prefer just to listen to music that I hear in anime, and I like any song that goes good with an AMV that I like.

Thanks for thre welcome. I really get a sense of being amongst friends here. :)
TsubasaKamen

Postby shooraijin » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Excellent choice on Ranma 1/2. :)
Welcome.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:25 am

Welcome, welcome.

That is quite the testimony. Praise God! That is fantastic! I hope we can become very close friends. It is fantastic to see someone with such a love for my God and such an understanding of the truth. Enjoy your time here, and God bless!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:17 pm

Welcome! Glad you've joined us! It's awesome to see someone on fire for God - It's very inspiring ^_^
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby TsubasaKamen » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:21 pm

shooraijin wrote:Excellent choice on Ranma 1/2. :)
Welcome.

Thanks. Ranma 1/2 is an anime that I watch through every year or second year and I never get tired of it. It always cracks me up when Akane misunderstands Ranma and gets angry at him and ends up knocking him out of her window, or when Dr. Ono Tofu loses his sanity whenever he is in the presence of Kasumi or the way Soun and Genma act when they are sucking up to their martial arts master, Happosai. XD The anime is such a classic, and a favorite for life.
TsubasaKamen

Postby TsubasaKamen » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:40 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Welcome, welcome.

That is quite the testimony. Praise God! That is fantastic! I hope we can become very close friends. It is fantastic to see someone with such a love for my God and such an understanding of the truth. Enjoy your time here, and God bless!

Yes, praise be to God, and may He receive all Dominion and Glory and Power on Earth as He has received it in Heaven. I talk of the exaltation of Christ, Who came to Earth not to be served, but to serve, and give His Life in Sacrifice for the sins of the world. All power over everything spiritual as well as everything material has been given to Him, but there is a coming time at His Glorious Second Coming when He will Judge the world in righteousness and justice and set up His Kingdom on Earth from Jerusalem as Israel's King. We, the Church and Bride of Christ will live and reign with Him on Earth during what's called the Millennial Kingdom Age. (1,000 year Kingdom Age.) The Words Jesus spoke in His prayer will then be fulfilled; namely, "Your Kingdom come, your will be done, on Earth, as it is in Heaven."

Now mind you, I know that the Kingdom is within us, and we are brought into the Kingdom at the moment we are Baptized into Jesus Christ with the Holy Spirit, but that Kingdom that is alive within us will one day be Manifested when Christ Himself will be seated on the Throne of David. May we prepare our hearts and sincerely commit ourselves as His workmanship until the day we are taken to be with Him in the clouds. I thank you for your comment. May the God and Father of lights richly bless you in the power of His Resurrected Son!
TsubasaKamen

Postby TsubasaKamen » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:44 pm

TheAlbinoMoose wrote:Welcome! Glad you've joined us! It's awesome to see someone on fire for God - It's very inspiring ^_^

God bless you. May the Lord strengthen you, keep you, bless you, and give you victory in every area of you life as a creation designed for good works in Him.
TsubasaKamen

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:10 pm

Oh, I haven't said hello yet. So... Hello! I don't think I've seen... any of the probably awesome anime you mentioned, except for Spice and Wolf. I feel like I'm misding out, especially considering how awesome Spice and Wolf is (except for its antireligious themes if one chooses to take it that way) Anyway, don't have anything interesting to say-- rarely do, but you seem allright in any case. Welcome!

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby TsubasaKamen » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Oh, I haven't said hello yet. So... Hello! I don't think I've seen... any of the probably awesome anime you mentioned, except for Spice and Wolf. I feel like I'm misding out, especially considering how awesome Spice and Wolf is (except for its antireligious themes if one chooses to take it that way) Anyway, don't have anything interesting to say-- rarely do, but you seem allright in any case. Welcome!

Thank you for your comment! Spice and Wolf will always be one of my top favorites. I love the Intellectual Negotiations and the team work that is at hand between the merchant Lawrence Craft and Holo the Wise Wolf. I love Holo and the stories that would form and become tradition concerning here from outside of her Northern Homeland of Yoitz. I have never tried honey pickled peaches, or potatoes covered in goat cheese but all these foods in the anime make my mouth water!

God bless you, and may Christ keep you in Salvation through the Seal and Security of the Holy Spirit.
TsubasaKamen

Postby FourFourSeven » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:16 am

Welcome to Allied territory!

Besides your most favorite and your most hated anime, what's the weirdest one you've ever seen?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Crossfire » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:15 pm

Sweet, another Canadian. Which province might you hail from?

I remember loving Spice and Wolf as well, though admittedly I last watched it a few years ago. Perhaps it's time for a rewatch...
Crossfire

Postby TsubasaKamen » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:41 pm

FourFourSeven wrote:Welcome to Allied territory!

Besides your most favorite and your most hated anime, what's the weirdest one you've ever seen?

Honestly, that's a tough question. I've only watched about 200 anime which is not much compared to some of the long term anime watchers on here. The one that pops into my head the most at the moment is Chronicles of the Going Home Club. But it wasn't so much weird as it was crazy, random, and hilariously senseless. It kind of had a Lucky Star feel to it as well as a Yuyushiki feel to it. Both at which were dealing with school life - Slice of Life. Another one that comes to my mind is Serial Experiments Lain, which was very weird. I think one of the episodes is called Weird now that I think about it. FLCL was weird also. I could probably conjure up more but that's all that I can think of at the moment.
TsubasaKamen

Postby TsubasaKamen » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:44 pm

Crossfire wrote:Sweet, another Canadian. Which province might you hail from?

I remember loving Spice and Wolf as well, though admittedly I last watched it a few years ago. Perhaps it's time for a rewatch...

Prince Edward Island (PEI) in the Maritimes. You should definitely watch Spice and Wolf again, that anime deserves to be watched more than just once through.
TsubasaKamen

Postby Yami » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Late reply is late.....
Anyways welcome to caa!

Good to know someone other then me reads Air Gear!
Do you play Pokemon or any MMORPGs?
Yami

Postby TsubasaKamen » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:15 am

Sorry for not replying to you sooner, Yami. I kind of drifted away from this thread (for quite some time at that! :P) Yes, Air Gear was such a great series. I enjoyed both the manga and the anime, but more-so the manga because the anime was only 1/4th of the manga in length. I use to be quite obsessed with Pokemon. Mostly the anime and the HeartGold/SoulSilver versions of the game(s) because I love the Johto Region, with Umbreon being my favorite Pokemon. Unfortunately I have since then gotten out of Pokemon, and do not battle or play any games in relationship to them. I do however play Sm4sh Competitively. And placed 7th in a Press Start Tournament that just passed by. I've also went out of town to compete in bigger tournaments as well, and consider myself quite competitive. If you wish to see the live stream of the tournament that just past on Twitch I will gladly link you up if you're interested. God bless! :)
TsubasaKamen

Return to Who's Who