Nicknames

Talk about anything in here.

Nicknames

Postby Furen » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:14 pm

So... I realized recently that my signature link was missing... well... a link

Without further adieu, what nicknames do you have on CAA? Also, which ones do you like best? and finally, any real life nicknames you would like to share (not names, but like... nicknames due to an event that happened/personality?)

Nicknames I've had on CAA have been:
    Fur ----> I don't like this one...
    Ren
    Fu... though that makes me thing FllMtlNovelist, so I never respond to this

Of all of those NNs, Ren is by far, beyond a shadow of a doubt my favourite Nickname, trumping my actual username.

I've never really had a good nickname in real life... I've had like... super small joke ones before.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Re: Nicknames

Postby Vii » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Mine's basically a nickname as it is, but people who think it's the number seven have shortened it to "Sev." Also someone used to spell it backward as Iiv.
I'll also respond to Viv or Vivi as my irl name is Vivian (I don't mind sharing it.)

So yeah, Sev is probably my favorite.
Vii

Postby Banana Lobster » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Vii wrote:Sev is probably my favorite.

Now I will forever think of you as a wicked-cool commando shooting down Geonosians and battle droids. :XD:

Nicknames from the CAA chat: BL, Banana, Blobster, Nanalob...there might be another one, but I can't remember at the moment.

Offline, my nickname is still Blondy, 'cause I was a really light blonde when I was younger. It's darkened now, but I'm still known as Blondy to the rest of my family. It used to drive me mad, haha.
Banana Lobster

Postby Okami » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:24 pm

Sometimes in chat you'll see me as Oka (I think Daughter of Zion is the only one that still uses it, though? :sweat:)

I'm sure some of you have seen my fiance call me Wolfy - that's been my nickname IRL for many years by my closest friends! :D If I didn't have such pride in having Okami on an anime forum, I would probably change it over, but as it stands, it's such a rare alias to snag for a username that I couldn't part with it. :thumb:
Okami

Postby Nate » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:27 pm

I...um...hmmm.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Xeno » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:25 am

Mine all contain words that trip the forum censors.
Xeno

Postby Furen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:44 am

I can see how you two, Nate and Xeno, wouldn't have many. My real name has 4 letters, so usually you don't try to shorten names, the nicknames actually start getting longer it seems. :/
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Well, my username is long and obnoxious, so I have a few nicknames. The most common is Claec, followed by Cece. Some people typo it so much I wonder if they do it on purpose, like Calec. Also, Elric and Kaname-san. At one point a couple people called me CE4G, but that never really stuck. Also Onee-chan, but that one is specific to one person and I doubt I would respond to it if anyone else called me that. Can't really think of any others.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Kaname-san.? Where'd that one come from?

Mine have ranged from
Wolf
Wolfy
Song, though not very commonly
Hey you

And from one person, Onee-chan, which was kinda weird. I don't even remember why that started...
I prefer straight Wolf, honestly.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby FourFourSeven » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:45 pm

Just turn mine into all numbers. 'Tis easier that way.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:39 am

Oh, I missed the part about real life nicknames. Hmm....well, my name is short, sweet, and to the point, so it's sort of hard to turn it into a nickname. The only nickname I really have is one that only one person in the world (one of my sisters) calls me, which is Beverly or Bevy. This is due to the fact that one time a lady was trying to remember all of our names and got all my other sisters' names right, but out of the blue decided my name was Beverly. As some of you know, this is not even remotely similar to my real name, and to this day I don't know where she came up with that one. But we got a kick out of it, and my sister decided to call me that.
Also, Cheetah calls me twerp on occasion. I feel like I have a couple nicknames I acquired from people at church, but if I do, it's been so long since anyone has used them I don't remember.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:00 pm

Furen wrote:Fu... though that makes me thing FllMtlNovelist, so I never respond to this

Wolfsong wrote:I prefer straight Wolf, honestly.

I've been doing my whole life wrong...

My sister is one of those nickname giving people, so I have a lot XD;; but the few that come to mind are...

IRL:
Ro
Ru
Maka-chan
Roxy/Roxas
(None of these have anything to do with my name, mind you).
I don't think I really have nickname on CAA besides "Panda" XD (With an affectionate "-chan" occasionally).
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Panda and Wolf, I am absolutely certain I named one of you Waffles, but I don't remember which of you it was. >.<
@Wolf - Kaname-san came from H-sama when he decided I'm like Kaname from FMP because I hit people. I would complain, but it beats Hime-sama (san?), which he tried to call me at one point.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Nate » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:08 pm

Furen wrote:I can see how you two, Nate and Xeno, wouldn't have many. My real name has 4 letters, so usually you don't try to shorten names, the nicknames actually start getting longer it seems. :/

My username is a nickname though, as Nate is short for Nathan. But my name is NOT Nathaniel. However some people have taken to calling me Nathaniel, if only because they know it annoys me slightly.

Yeah short names having longer nicknames happens from time to time. Someone I know has a daughter named Grace. Her nickname is Gracie. Or people who are named John who get called Johnny. Nicknames: THEY'RE KINDA WEIRD.

Wolfsong wrote:I prefer straight Wolf, honestly.

Sure thing, straight Wolf! :B

Nate

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:45 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Panda and Wolf, I am absolutely certain I named one of you Waffles, but I don't remember which of you it was. >.<
@Wolf - Kaname-san came from H-sama when he decided I'm like Kaname from FMP because I hit people. I would complain, but it beats Hime-sama (san?), which he tried to call me at one point.

Now that I think about it, it was me. I don't even remember why...XD

Don't worry Panda, its not that I mind being called Wolfy. It just seemed a little odd to me at first, but I'm rather used to it now. So don't feel like you have to stop. :hug:

Thank you Nate. :bootout:
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:19 pm

Wolfsong wrote:Don't worry Panda, its not that I mind being called Wolfy. It just seemed a little odd to me at first, but I'm rather used to it now. So don't feel like you have to stop. :hug:

Haha, Alright.

Actually, I think I remember Wolfy being called waffles too XD I don't remember why either.

Postby Okami » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Wolfsong wrote:Don't worry Panda, its not that I mind being called Wolfy. It just seemed a little odd to me at first, but I'm rather used to it now. So don't feel like you have to stop. :hug:

Lol but it would be so much easier if I was the only Wolfy. I'm so used to it being me that when it's not me I'm so awfully confused.... :dizzy: :bootout: :sweat:
Okami

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Okami wrote:

Lol but it would be so much easier if I was the only Wolfy. I'm so used to it being me that when it's not me I'm so awfully confused.... :dizzy: :bootout: :sweat:

We could always call you Ammy

Or maybe I could come up with a new nickname for Wolf like....like...Wolfmeister...Wolfster.
Except those both sound so horrible and kind of unattractive and weird.
Or maybe I'll call her Ammy XD;;
(I'll fit an Okami--the game--reference into this somehow)

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:22 pm

I've got more suggestions; see what you think, Wolf!

Wolfmaster
Wolfmonster
Wolfricson
Wolftacular
Wolfpocalypse
Ralph
Wolfet
Wolfle and syrup
Wolfie
Wolphee
Last edited by Mullet Death on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Nate » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Wolfsong wrote:Thank you Nate. :bootout:

You're welcome straight Wolf~

Nate

Postby Furen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:49 pm

Nate wrote:Nicknames: THEY'RE KINDA WEIRD.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Nate wrote:Yeah short names having longer nicknames happens from time to time. Someone I know has a daughter named Grace. Her nickname is Gracie. Or people who are named John who get called Johnny. Nicknames: THEY'RE KINDA WEIRD.

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Or maybe I could come up with a new nickname for Wolf like....like...Wolfmeister...Wolfster.
Except those both sound so horrible and kind of unattractive and weird.
Or maybe I'll call her Ammy XD;;

Case and point.
Also, I've fit a few of those references before, she didn't respond :P Though she did know what I was talking about.
Furen

Postby Anisha93 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:49 pm

I have had weird nicknames all my life. Even now people call me Mathew or Matz, sometimes even pest when I manage to annou them.
I really don't mind what people call me as long as its friendly^^
"God works in strange ways. Sometimes you don't like it but hey! it works out in the end."

"There is no only one emotion in the world. If it is futile to say there is no hope it is equally futile to say there only despire.-" Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Anisha93

Postby Furen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Anisha93 wrote:I have had weird nicknames all my life. Even now people call me Mathew or Matz, sometimes even pest when I manage to annou them.
I really don't mind what people call me as long as its friendly^^

Do you have something you like best? (Like as I said, Ren's my favourite version of Furen)

Also, I take it that Matthew's just some strange nickname, not related to your name, if so, that's weird... (Then again, I know a guy that goes by Petey, and Pete/Peter isn't his name either)
Furen

Postby Anisha93 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:58 am

Mathew is my family name. people say I am more like a tomboy so it works and cause i flare up when ppl call me by my last name. my best friend usually calls me matz but when she is **** with me, she calls me Anisha.
"God works in strange ways. Sometimes you don't like it but hey! it works out in the end."

"There is no only one emotion in the world. If it is futile to say there is no hope it is equally futile to say there only despire.-" Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Anisha93

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:38 am

Mullet Death wrote:I've got more suggestions; see what you think, Wolf!

Wolfmaster
Wolfmonster
Wolfricson
Wolftacular
Wolfpocalypse
Ralph
Wolfet
Wolfle and syrup
Wolfie
Wolphee

......................................... :shake:

Wolfpocalypse? Seriously? Is this what I mean to you people? :sniffle: :waah!:

Haha well, if you want to call me Ammy go right ahead. I can't promise I'll respond to it at first, but I'm sure I would get used to it eventually. Its better than waffles XD

Wolfsong

Postby drill » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:56 am

My steam username is actually the very first username I tried out, drilltickle257. I also used it on a Minecraft server I was one of the staff of. Everyone pretty much called me drill, and i was tired of having such a long username, so I just made sure I had drill as my username for now on (which half the time seems to be taken when making a new account somewhere). As for my real name, its kindof the same. I use my nickname so much, that I sometimes forget about my real name :P
drill

Postby Okami » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:54 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:We could always call you Ammy
*snip*

Shush, we all know my name has nothing to do with the game. :P :bootout:
(For those that don't know, "Okami" has been my nickname for almost twelve years now; yes, older than the game itself!
"Wolfy" took over as a primary alias around the same time I joined these forums, and it's stayed that way ever since. :thumb: )

drill wrote:I use my nickname so much, that I sometimes forget about my real name :P

Same here! :XD: Or rather, my friends use it so much, that I forget my real name. :lol:
(Thus why seeing Wolfsong as "Wolfy" is confusing) :sweat:
Okami

Return to General