Come on, Americans

Talk about anything in here.

Come on, Americans

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:11 pm

All right, people. This is a disgrace. I perused the forums hoping beyond all hope that somehow I was wrong and overlooked it, but it seems it is as I feared.
Those Canadians made a thread for Canada Day, but the 4th of July is nowhere to be seen. We should all be ashamed of ourselves. So...

Happy belated 4th of July!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Re: Come on, Americans

Postby Kilvakar » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Curse my apathy! I thought for sure there would be a 4th of July thread, or several even, so I never made one! :bang: That said, thanks for your patriotism and Happy Independence Day!
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Crossfire » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:15 pm

Crossfire

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:20 pm

There arem't enough guns and explosions in this thread.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Xeno » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:31 pm

Mod edit. Politics, US or International are not allowed.
Xeno

Postby nillapoet » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Mod edit. Politics, US or International are not allowed.
nillapoet

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:49 pm

People. Maybe I'm just being immature, but can't this thread be about Independence Day and not politics thinly veiled as sarcastic humor? Even if it is all meant in good fun, it's kind of unrelated to the topic at hand. I kind of meant this seriously, it being a sort of momentous occasion in history, triggered by and resulting in the fighting and deaths of an enormous number of people who truly loved their country and desired its freedom.
We can make another thread to poke fun at modern-day government and society. In this one, let's try to focus on what Independence Day is really about.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:05 pm

Come to think of it, this thread isn't in "Goof Off and Testing." In that case, I don't have anything meaningful to contribute. It's totally possible that I've become irrerevent and unappreciative of the millions of people who have died in order for me to sit here. :-/

In any case, I hope next year my friend and I do seriously get to create some big explosions for the 4th. We didn't get any mortars or anything this year...

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Xeno » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:41 pm

Oh, okay I didn't realize this was supposed to be the Fourth of July thread. Sorry about that.

Here is to the approximate 8000 men who died in a unified insurgency against the motherland of Britain to establish the United States. They fought for an honorable cause. It's quite unfortunate more Americans don't realize the gravity of the Revolutionary War; or in some cases, don't even know what July 4th is about.

nillapoet wrote:Just a communist.

lol
Xeno

Return to General