I'm getting married!

Talk about anything in here.

I'm getting married!

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:09 am

We met through a friend's Facebook Group (invite only at the time) and bonded over talking about the Disney short Paperman. He lives in the middle of Oregon and I'm in southern California. When I finally told him I liked him back, he said, "Okay...So, we're going into this without a plan." Now we're making plans for me to move up there to be a heck of a lot less than 16 hours away from him, and next year get married! We've known each other for 3 years and have been together for 1 year. Since we've been together, I don't think we've gone more than a day without talking to each other. My old roommate thought it was weird, so, I brought it up to him and asked him what he wanted to do, "But I like talking to you." We've gone back an forth as far as traveling to see each other is concerned.

Anyway, he proposed at Disneyland with a scavenger hunt after already spending the entire (until closing) previous day there. When we got there, our friend Ashley asked me if I wanted coffee (YES.), and then everyone split up to either do things they wanted or to get seating at the Royal Theater in Fantasy Faire. While we were at the Starbucks on Main St in Disneyland, she tossed me a paper airplane. It was the first clue that sent me off ALLLLL THROUGHOUT DISNEYLAND and meet a few of his family members. lol The last clue was suppose to send me on the train, BUT THE TRAIN WAS DOWN and I had to walk to the train station on Main St after having to go to the farthest part of Fantasy Land. As I walked up the steps of the station, there were a trail of paper airplanes leading to a PILE of them on a bench with him sitting next to them with his family behind him. Ashley helped me to the bench and the family all began to...coo? I don't know what to call it. They were harmonizing "Oooo~." Anyway, then Steve (that's his name), began singing Flynn's part of I See the Light. Once they were done and I was sufficiently covered in tears from exhaustion and overwhelmingness, he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. :)

Anywho, I just wanted to share. :>

c.t.,girl

Re: I'm getting married!

Postby Kilvakar » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:40 pm

Wow, that is incredibly amazing! Congratulations! :thumb:
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Banana Lobster » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:02 pm

A Paperman scavenger hunt and singing Flynn's part of I See The Light sounds like a really sweet and romantic way to propose. Congratulations to the both of you, I hope you have a long and happy life together! :D
Banana Lobster

Postby ClosetOtaku » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:22 pm

Very classy proposal from someone who sounds like they've fallen completely for you. I hope the next year allows you to deepen your relationship and learn more about the person who you may be spending the rest of your life with. Congratulations!
ClosetOtaku

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Congratulations!
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Aww, cute! Why can't I find a guy like that? *sighs* lol. Anyway, congratulations CT! :hug:
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby GeneD » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:22 am

That sounds like a really sweet proposal. Congratulations to you both.
GeneD

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Sounds wonderful! Congrats!!!!
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:52 pm

That is so freakin' adorable~ <3
Congrats :)
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby little.gun.nut » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:22 pm

That's absolutely wonderful!! :D Congratulations!
Words are beasts. Chains can be used for more than tying down. They can be used to connect, and tie together. Looking forward and speaking positively makes all the difference. -Yuuko Ichihara (xxxHolic)

Do you think you could tell me what true strength is? I may be out of line, but hiding your true self and putting on airs doesn’t seem any different than running away to me. I would think that embracing the things you truly like and being able to enjoy them is worth more than anything. To just be yourself… I believe that’s what true strength really is. -Tamaki Suou (Ouran High School Host Club)

If I sit like a normal person my investigative abilities would be half as effective. -L (Death Note)

No matter what happens, I’ll keep on moving. Until this life runs out of me, I’ll keep on walking. -Allen Walker (D.Gray-man)
little.gun.nut

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:20 am

Very happy for you both, may your love for each other continue to grow in the years to come. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby Lynna » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:31 am

Congratulations! :D That was really such a sweet proposal idea!
Lynna

Postby agasfas » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:36 pm

Congrats! That was definitely more creative than my proposal to my wife.
agasfas

Return to General