What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Re: What Movies are you Watching?

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:40 pm

Finally got to see Frozen! I thought it was really well done; I prefer Tangled, and kind of wish they'd been able to update the animation a bit so the people and horses don't all look the same as Tangled, but at least the music was a step up in Frozen. I loved that they focused on sisterly love rather than romantic love for once, and got quite a few laughs out of the characters' antics (especially Olaf). I really liked the way they designed Kristoff, especially.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Wow, this thread was lost there for a moment. Found it! lol. Anyway, I watched Iron Man 3 the other night and it. was. EPIC! Man, Pepper was so awesome! I'm very interested in seeing The Avengers 2 now. I also watched The Prestige today on TV with my mom. I really liked it. It reminded me of The Illusionist and my mom said that they came out a few months apart from each other. Now I'm wondering if they were written by the same person/people considering how similar they were to each other.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Recently watched Haunter, with my older brother.
I have really mixed feelings about this movie D: It really wasn't all too bad until SPOILER: Highlight text to read: They attempt to explain why Edgar killed all these girls in the first place, which was just a scene of him killing his parents. But they never tell you why he killed his mother and father (though I assume it had something to do with the bible his father was holding?They liked focusing on it, at least.).
It was an interesting concept, but the pay off was just meh :T

@PLC - Oooo, The Prestige and The Illusionist <3
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby SierraLea » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Just finished Wolf Children, like, three seconds ago. I loved the actress they picked for the mom, Coleen something. (Riza for Fullmetal fans). It really brought out the difference between Eastern and Western films with the lack of music, but I really liked the way it ended.

I also watched Summer Wars yesterday, it was kind of humorous but with some good spots. Shows that you can't dis math and that the internet isn't as safe as you think.
SierraLea

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Watched a relatively bad horror anthology film All Hallows eve. It was weird, low budget, also pretty poorly made.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:05 pm

American Hustle : An outright fun drama, with some fantastic performances.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Pacific Rim - I was originally going to stay away from this, because it looked like nothing but mindless mecha action, which isn't really my thing. But to my surprise, I really liked it. It's really shiny and pretty to look at, of course, but what really clinched it for me was the strong relationships they showed. I didn't even care about the characters themselves; I just loved the relationships they showed. And they showed quite a surprising variety of relationships, too, not just sticking to romance like so many movies seem to do. (And on that note, I found it very refreshing that the main characters never actually kissed, even though it was obvious from the beginning that they'd get together.) The father-son duo even got me crying at one point.

Oh, and I also rewatched I, Robot because my roommate had never seen it. That movie never gets old :cool:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:26 pm

The Wolf of Wall street: Not a movie for everyone, because it was 3 hours of debauchery but I enjoyed it immensely.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Rewatched Bolt for the umpteenth time. Such a good movie - full of laughs and cool moments, and always makes me tear up a little about Mittens. But of course, the best part is Rhino ;)
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:35 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Rewatched Bolt for the umpteenth time. Such a good movie - full of laughs and cool moments, and always makes me tear up a little about Mittens. But of course, the best part is Rhino ;)

BOLT! Yes, another fan. Love this movie, never gets old. Now I just wish they would make a series about the TV show side of it. :P
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Crossfire » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Just got back from The Winter Soldier. Pretty solid movie, though I wonder what's going to happen now that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: SHIELD is gone.

It also snowed at some point during the movie, frozen ice crystals covering everything outside like it was Christmas Eve. Not cool.
Crossfire

Postby DecooPunk » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:38 pm

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yeaaah, I don't watch AoS, but my friends do and that is not going to continue I guess?
I saw The Winter Soldier also, and BUCCKKKKKYYY. That was such a good movie. ;_;
DecooPunk

Postby nillapoet » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:02 am

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:Wow, this thread was lost there for a moment. Found it! lol. Anyway, I watched Iron Man 3 the other night and it. was. EPIC! Man, Pepper was so awesome! I'm very interested in seeing The Avengers 2 now. I also watched The Prestige today on TV with my mom. I really liked it. It reminded me of The Illusionist and my mom said that they came out a few months apart from each other. Now I'm wondering if they were written by the same person/people considering how similar they were to each other.

I didn't really like IM3. Pepper was the best part of that movie IMO, but most of the movie felt drawn out and boring to me.

We went and saw Divergent in the theater a couple weeks ago. It was pretty decent. My wife says if you read the books, the things that happen in the movie make a lot more sense.
nillapoet

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:16 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:
the_wolfs_howl wrote:Rewatched Bolt for the umpteenth time. Such a good movie - full of laughs and cool moments, and always makes me tear up a little about Mittens. But of course, the best part is Rhino ;)

BOLT! Yes, another fan. Love this movie, never gets old. Now I just wish they would make a series about the TV show side of it. :P

Spread the bolt love ;w; <3

I recently watched 47 Ronin, which was actually pretty enjoyable XD

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Watching Studio Ghibli's The Ocean Waves

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Spread the bolt love ;w; <3

Most recently, I watched Sixth Sense for the first time in a good long while. I'd forgotten just how stellar that movie is <3
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:28 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:
Panda4christ:3 wrote:Spread the bolt love ;w; <3

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Most recently, I watched Sixth Sense for the first time in a good long while. I'd forgotten just how stellar that movie is <3

This reminded me I need to re-watch this movie~ XD

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:02 am

The Ghost and the Darkness

Based on the account about the Maneaters of Tsavo. Gotta love Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas is a bonus.

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat May 03, 2014 3:01 pm

Rise of the Guardians - Surprisingly good! This is the only movie I've ever seen where I can actually stand Santa Claus, lol. I really enjoyed the animation, the action, and the fresh spin they gave on all the Guardians. There was even a quiet hint of truth that I really enjoyed, with Jack asking the Moon what his purpose is and why he was made.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby LastLfan » Wed May 14, 2014 8:00 pm

I just watched dr. Horribles sing-along blog...for the fourth time. Man i love this movie, great cast great songs great plot
LastLfan

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed May 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Watched The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.

A good movie, if you've seen any of the other LOTOR/Hobbit movies this is more of the same. I do have to note that the Hobbit is trending a lot closer to "loosely based" territory than the first trilogy's "Almost a direct adaptation".

Also the ending is an exquisitely timed cliffhanger. Drove my little brother right up the wall it did.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby GeneD » Sat May 17, 2014 10:27 am

I finally watched Frozen and yeah, it was pretty sweet.
GeneD

Postby LastLfan » Sun May 18, 2014 9:50 am

I also just watched frozen, agreed pretty good movie
LastLfan

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:28 pm

Gimme Shelter - Good movie, not for everyone, but still good.

12 Years A Slave - I actually watched this one a while ago and never really said anything (I don't have much to add). Great movie though, it deserved the awards.

The Amazing Spiderman 2 - Wasn't mind blowing, but I'm a bit of a spiderman fan so I still enjoyed it immensely~
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Though I don't think they'll ever get Goblin/Hobgoblin costumes right.

Gattaca - I think out of the movies I put on here, I actually enjoyed this most. I wish I had something deep and intellectual to say about it, but I really don't.

Divergent - Saw this back in march lol. Nice adaption, it wasn't completely tied to the book and I enjoyed that (I personally felt it would be a little boring if it had). Though it was definitely cheesy at moments (especially the ending).
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Al's part in the story was rushed, and I feel like Tris felt more harsh towards him than in the book.

EDIT: aannnnd I forgot Secret Life Of Walter Mitty. Which was an odd, cute, and pretty funny movie that I enjoyed~

Postby CinniScrib » Thu May 22, 2014 7:04 pm

The Lego Movie

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:23 am

I've recently rewatched a bunch of old favorites because I was bored:

The Birds
Wait Until Dark
Treasure Island (1990)
Treasure Planet
AI: Artificial Intelligence
The Mark of Zorro
The Black Swan (1942)
Les Choristes
Martian Child
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Recently saw the new Godzilla and Xmen: Days Of Future Past. Neither one were particularly mind-blowing, but both were pretty fun popcorn movies.
Though I won't deny seeing Godzilla SPOILER: Highlight text to read: shoot blue flames(?) and rip a giant moth's head off wasn't just a little bit mind-blowing XD (In a different sense, though).

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Saw The Fault in Our Stars. I'm not sure why people go crazy over it. I just thought it was sad :(
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby IPv4 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:28 pm

Recently saw "Attack the Block" mainly because I had nothing else to do. It made me smile sometimes but was generally poorly made. Lousy special effects. I give it 1 out of 5 toasts.
IPv4

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:48 pm

Captain America: The First Avenger - I still think that the concept and design of Captain America is the stupidest superhero I've ever seen, but I enjoyed this movie. It was nice to see a lot of familiar faces that I didn't realize were going to be in it - like Hugo Weaving, for example. And I think it did an excellent job of explaining why Captain America is the way he is.
the_wolfs_howl

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment