Favorite Christian Celebrities

Talk about anything in here.

Favorite Christian Celebrities

Postby radical edward » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:14 am

Who are your favorite Christian celebrities?
Here are some of mine:
Bono from U2
Dean Koontz
Father Frank Pravone (founder of Priests For Life)
Vic Mignogna
Linkara
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Re: Favorite Christian Celebrities

Postby nillapoet » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:34 pm

I don't know if he considers himself a believer, but he listens to Chuck Misler and has talked about faith before, Robert Downey Junior.
nillapoet

Postby faithb4sight » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:30 pm

I definitely admire Vic Mignogna for being vocal about his faith, but I don't always like the roles he plays :/
There are many Christian vocal artists I admire.
Other tan that, I don't really know which celebrities are saved...
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby Tigerchu » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:36 pm

Skillet: You can rock hard and be Christian.
Not many bands are "good" and Christian in my opinion. Red being a close second, but they're a little too downbeat for me to listen to them right now.
Well, I recently found out that Selena Gomez was a Catholic, so YEAH! (I'm Catholic)
Tigerchu

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu May 01, 2014 5:06 pm

faithb4sight wrote:I definitely admire Vic Mignogna for being vocal about his faith, but I don't always like the roles he plays :/

^This, so much, on both points.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat May 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Zachary Levi and Dule Hill.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun May 04, 2014 1:54 pm

Vic Mignogna, Caitlin Glass, Micah Solusod, Zachary Levi.
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby faithb4sight » Sun May 04, 2014 3:21 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Vic Mignogna, Caitlin Glass, Micah Solusod, Zachary Levi.

Didn't know about Micah Solusod. Just googled it and found a Youtube vid where he's being interviewed and talks a second about his faith. Awesome. ~
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun May 04, 2014 5:19 pm

Seriously? That's awesome! I knew he was my second favorite voice actor for a reason.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:53 am

How did I actually forget Hayley Williams. Officially a bad paramore fan.
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby LastLfan » Sun May 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Owl city, i'll second on skillet and add in ted dibiase Sr and Jr
LastLfan

Postby K. Ayato » Mon May 12, 2014 8:14 am

Kevin Sorbo
K. Ayato

Postby marro1 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:27 pm

i didn't knwo Vic Mignona was christian. that's epic! I also really like Emma Watson.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Flying_leaves » Tue May 20, 2014 8:22 pm

Tigerchu wrote:Well, I recently found out that Selena Gomez was a Catholic, so YEAH! (I'm Catholic)

Interesting, I didn't know that! I do enjoy her music :sweat:

I like Vic Mignogna, Caitlin Glass, Adam Young (Owl City), Matt Thiessen (Relient K), Lacey Sturm (from Flyleaf), Ariel (from Icon for Hire) and Ted Dekker (fiction and thriller author), among others.

I like to imagine that Adam Young and Matt Thiessen often hang out and write songs together :). Matt Thiessen actually collaborated with Young on Ocean Eyes and sang with him on "Fireflies" and "Tidal Wave". I just thought I would enlighten you with a music industry knowledge nugget ;).
~*~Mel~*~
When life is rough, pray. When life is great, pray.
"...forgetting what lies behind but straining forward to what lies ahead, I continue my pursuit toward the goal, the prize of God's upward calling." ~ Phillippians 3:13-14
http://flylikealeaf.tumblr.com :grin:

<3~*Sakamichi no Apollon*~<3
Flying_leaves

Postby rstewart424 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:14 pm

Definitely Vic Mignogna, Caitlin Glass, and Laura Bailey. There is an excellent panel Vic did where he talks about faith and other things, it's called Christianity in anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOdaaUV0r1M
rstewart424

Postby nillapoet » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:25 pm

marro1 wrote:i didn't knwo Vic Mignona was christian. that's epic! I also really like Emma Watson.

Emma Watson is actually an athiest. I remember reading an interview of her's somewhere where she said it.
nillapoet

Postby marro1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:47 pm

nillapoet wrote:
marro1 wrote:i didn't knwo Vic Mignona was christian. that's epic! I also really like Emma Watson.

Emma Watson is actually an athiest. I remember reading an interview of her's somewhere where she said it.

Some people spread false rumors about her cause she acted in harry Potter, she has declared many many times that she is Christian.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby radical edward » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:05 pm

Sigh. They probably did that because Harry Potter is evil because magic. Yep. That's never gonna go away. Note: I don't think Harry Potter is evil.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby marro1 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:29 pm

radical edward wrote:Sigh. They probably did that because Harry Potter is evil because magic. Yep. That's never gonna go away. Note: I don't think Harry Potter is evil.

That's good, Christians demonize it, and then demonize anyone associated to it, some Christians believe that it's actual witchcraft, but it's actually Latin, and JK Rowling has said so many times that it's meant as purely fiction.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby nillapoet » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:56 pm

marro1 wrote:
nillapoet wrote:

Some people spread false rumors about her cause she acted in harry Potter, she has declared many many times that she is Christian.

This is from an interview she just did. "I already, before I did the movie, had a sense that I was someone that was more spiritual, than specifically religious.

"I had a sense that I believed in a higher power, but that I was more of a Universalist, I see that there are these unifying tenets between so many religions."

So I stand corrected as far as being an atheist, but her own comments are not christian. If she is or isn't isn't my concern. Just pointing out words straight from her mouth that I've read.
nillapoet

Postby LastLfan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:33 pm

I totally forgot jason david frank, tommy from power rangers. He's very outspoken about his faith and I'm so excited to meet him next weekend.
LastLfan

Postby Xeno » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:46 pm

Matthew McConaughey apparently.

Xeno

Return to General