Our Story: Revolution

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Our Story: Revolution

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:06 pm

okay, this is just something that randomly came to me one day, and something I couldn't find any characters or anything to suit me, so I did it this way. As it turned out, this way was much funner. Its a CAA fanfic, no I will not try to imitate Goldy or Claec, I'm just having fun in my own special way. I can't promise it'll be funny the whole way through, as I am not very good at making jokes. The best I can do is write a story and hope I entertain.
That said, I hope you enjoy my attempt at explain how CAA came into being. No, this isn't a true story.... ;) maybe.

It was the sound of the alarm that woke me today. I blinked, groggy and not yet fully awake. I came to much faster as it cut off, and I remembered what it meant; someone had tried to run. And judging by how quickly the alarm went off, they'd already been caught. I felt a stab of pity for the poor unfortunate. If he was lucky, he'd be dead before entering the eraser. I couldn't think of a darker fate.
With a sigh, I rolled over, though shift was a better word. If you rolled, you would all right off the narrow bunk. I leaned over the edge, peering down at my roommate, who had slept through it. my best friend in the whole world, but also the high-lord snorer. We'd been together in this hades for a long time, and I was determined to pull us through.
"Hey," I said. "Wake up." Silence. "Hey." I spoke a little louder this time. I was answered by a snore. Sighing, I slid off the bed and studied the prone form under the blankets. I nodded to myself, then launched a kick that sent him into the wall. "WAKE UP!"
The sheet-shod figure detached itself from the wall. "...why?" it asked in a winy voice.
I sighed and shoved the sheet off his head. "Because some poor kid just failed to escape. C'mon, Odd! We gotta keep him out of the eraser's hands!"
Odd shook his head, yawning." No point. We'll just get sent there ourselves."
I groaned in exasperation. "Odd, I've had it with your 'doom and despair'! If you won't help me, summon Dox!" he stared at me through bleary eyes, like he didn't even know me. Vexed, I started shaking him and shouting. That failed. Sighing, I turned away,. saying, "Fine, I'll just go-"
Something suddenly forcibly connected with my back, sending me flying into the iron door. I heard a sharp laugh behind me. "That was easy."
Rubbing my back where I'd taken a sucker-punch, I turned calmly to face Dox, Odd's other self. I'm not entirely sure what Dox is, exactly. An evil alter ego, evil twin, or just plain personality disorder, Dox was the violent one of the two.
I jumped on him, unleashing a kick to the collar. He ducked aside, making a palm strike at my throat, which I skillfully deflected. We fought like this for a time, but soon coolness turned into immature amateur wrestling on the floor. Eventually we settled on a truce and sat on the floor. "So who was it?" Dox asked.
I shrugged. "We'll know soon enough. They said there would be a demonstration, after last time, if anyone tried against...but we'll succeed sometime. We just have to keep trying."
Dox shook his head."Wolfsong, there is no way out." He raised his hands defensively as I started to flare up. "Hold it, I'm not despairing, its just a fact. The only way anyone gets out of here is either conforming to their standard or death." He shook his head, starting to look more like Odd than Dox. "I mean, darn it Wolf, they don't even let us see daylight! What can we do?"
"We will escape the Compound,." I declared adamantly, burying my own fear.
The Compound was a prison camp, designed to contain those of us who refused to be fit with the 'ideal' human being society and dictatorship tried to force us into. We spent days either belabored or badgered by our 'Teachers' trying to conform us to the dictator's wishes, or laboring and worse doing the jobs no decent person would have to do. For those who resisted, it was life imprisonment. To those whose resistance was open rebellion, they met their end in the Eraser's arms.
I had been in the Compound since my youth. I hardly even remember daylight. Odd/Dox had. But what I didn't really have, I couldn't miss, right? But I did stil remember a time outside the darkness of the Compound, a time when a mother's loving arms held me, tried to even when the soldiers broke them to take me away. I never forget.
I was going to go outside someday, and it wasn't going to be by the Teachers choice. I would be free someday, and everyone with me.
A few minutes later, our caretakers came to get us. There was to be a demonstration for us unruly, strange ones. odd looked a nervous wreck. I struggled to keep my face clear. Who was it going to be?
The room was large. It had to be, to hold all of us. A podium was raised above our heads. On it stood one of the Teachers, who I recognized with a grimace. He called himself Jingo Jaden, and was known for his stern hand. The truly frightening part of him was that he did not behave like a maniacal monster. Quite the contrary, he behaved more as the disappointed father who must punish his favorite child. Even when he gave you to the Erasers, it was with that disappointed look in his eye. Of all the Teachers, he gave me the most chills. A couple of other officials stood up there with him, then the two guards with the victim between them. i sought the person's face, and gasped when I realized who it was.
"No," I breathed. "Not her. Light, you filthy blackguards, not her! Not Kris!"
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Re: Our Story: Revolution

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:22 am

S-s-scaaaarrryyyy.....
*me huddles in the corner*
Wolf and Odd are going to take over the world! AAAAAHHHH!!!!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby goldenspines » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Ahahahahahahahaha!
I know, I shouldn't be laughing because this is a great and dramatic start to your story (I can't wait for more!), but I can't get over how you got Jaden's character perfectly. XD

You've set up your intro quite nicely, though. The intrigue is too much! I hope no one dies. D:
goldenspines

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:07 pm

So, I already told you in chat but,
I like this and it's beautiful.
And Ringo had better happen.
That is all.
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:So, I already told you in chat but,
I like this and it's beautiful.
And Ringo had better happen.
That is all.

XDXDXDXDXD *dying laughing*
I can't make no promises, you'll just have to wait and see!

Kris was covered in blackish-blue marks, clearly struggling just to stand. Her eyes however carried her strength as they scanned the crowd. When she saw me, she smiled brightly. I smiled back; I was so proud of her.
It took me a second to realize Jaden was speaking. "...gather to witness the punishment of our wayward one. As the fifth one to attempt to run away this month, she will stand as an example for those of you who harbor the same desires." Was he looking at me when he said that? He motioned to one of the officials, who I recognized as an Eraser by the uniform. My heart froze when I realized what he meant to do. We were all about to witness an erasing.
Around me, others were reacting as they realized the truth. Some gasped, others froze in shock, and some broke sobbing, and I felt a stab of pity for them as well. Everyone was so tired from the fruitless rebellion, and I realized that this would surely break them. I had to do something, or we all were going to lose. I didn't intend to give up Kris either!
I glanced at Odd, giving him a direct look. He sighed. "You're really going to do this?" I glared at him. He sighed, then seemed to shift slightly; I realized I now stood with Dox. "Lets get going," he said.
I nodded, then charged forward, changing into the being that made me different, that earned me the dictator's disapproval, that I chose to suffer and possibly die for to keep within me forever.
I changed into a wolf.
Howling, I leapt onto the podium, traveling a perfect curve to hit the ground running. Dox was right beside me, striking with fist and kick while cackling with maniacal laughter. "Don't actually kill anyone," I remarked in passing. "Murder is a definite erasing."
He snorted and dove straight into the officials. I tackled the Eraser, knocking him to the floor. Behind me, there was a sudden loud roar, and the crowd surged forward for their share. Kris suddenly straightened with a roar, snapping the chains holding her. I glanced around, noting Jaden surrounded by most of the others. "I'll get the keys!" I shouted at Kris, then dove into the mass.
Surrounded by a bunch of rebels, Jaden was keeping a clear circle of maybe six feet across around him. in his hands was a gun with a large barrel, with a bunch of different functions. Then I realized that actually, the gun was his hand.
"Pity," he was saying, "But if we cut off the head, the rest will submit." His eyes suddenly rested on me. I snarled and lunged into the circle with him.
Instantly the gun snapped in my direction, letting loose a round of electric bullets, pulsing with enough energy to stun a horse. I was hard-pressed to dance around them, struggling to even get an inch closer to him.
Odd suddenly came up behind him, yelling like there was no tomorrow. Jaden whirled around and shot him, and I snagged the keys off his belt. Suddenly, Jaden had me by the neck, lifting me up as though it were no effort whatever.
"Here's our mutt," he said. I tried to snap at him, but he suddenly bent my head back in the most uncomfortable position, till my neck felt like snapping off. I spotted Dox on the floor, stunned. A score or dozen of the soldiers had burst into the room, and were taking down everything that moved. I twisted my head to see Kris swinging her chains around, flailing and shrieking.
"Kris!" I shouted, feeling intense pain. "Do your thing!"
She glanced at me, then nodded. I watched as she stored energy, just as the soldiers came down on her. I closed my eyes, bracing myself. You see, Kris has this really special, super ability. Its very dangerous if uncontrolled....see, she has the capacity to be, basically, a bomb.
The whole world just suddenly exploded. As the lights dimmed, I made a quiet prayer that everyone would get away safely.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:01 pm

I regained consciousness slowly. Hearing was a bunch of bells, and vision was underwater. Eventually my vision settled and the ringing stopped, so I took stock of where I was. It was a dark room, darker than my usual cell, and even more bare if that was even possible. I couldn't see any doors; I couldn't see much anyway.
"Wolf? You finally awake?"
"Hey Dox. What happened?"
"You mean while you were napping on the job?" I heard Dox shifting, but I couldn't even make out his shape in the darkness. "Chaos. Kris had disappeared when the dust had cleared, as well as a bunch of others. We were thrown down here and the Teachers are out hunting for the escapees. Once they've caught who they could, they're going to make examples from all of us."
I stared at the floor, silently. I knew what that meant. "We'll be erased."
Silence. Even Dox was quiet. No bravado, no quips, nothing. I slumped, my thoughts dark and despairing. I suppose attacking the Teachers was a condemning move, but still...I couldn't entirely believe it. Erasing meant complete annihilation, the destruction of your very essence. Even the memory of you would die with you.
I couldn't think of a worse fate.
I stared fumbling around, trying to find something, anything, that could help us escape. I felt along the concrete hard walls, tested the floors, couldn't find the ceiling even when I jumped. Eventually, I tripped over Dox, smashing my face against the floor.
"Ow!" he cried. "Watch it!"
It took my a second to get that Odd was back. I sat up slowly, gingerly fingering my face. Nothing felt broken. "What'll we do?" I asked quietly. Odd whimpered and didn't reply. Myself beaten, I curled up as tightly as I could, biting my lip, trying not to break down. We were...doomed.
My eyes opened with a start, and I sat bolt upright. It took me a minute to realize I had been sleeping, and I remembered a strange noise...
I glanced around cautiously, shifting into a crouch, trying to listen. Besides Odd's snores, however, I could make out very little. I began to wonder if it was just Odd I'd heard. Then I heard a bang overhead; something had fallen. I craned my neck back, staring, I believe, at the ceiling. Were they coming for us? An opening appeared above, a light. I never thought I;d be so happy to see any light. A face appeared, a woman's face, one I'd never seen before. She had a different sort or uniform too, though her face looked kind...I watched warily.
She looked around the pit, then spotted Odd and I. She smiled in...was that relief? "We found them," she said to someone behind her. The face disappeared, and then a rope came down. "Quickly, climb out! We're gonna get you out."
I deated, then decided it was better to die in the light than the dark. I kicked Odd awake and eventually managed to make him climb the rope. I followed after, readying myself for a fight.
The woman helped me the rest of the way. "Are you alright?" she asked. "It didn't seem very healthy down there..."
Someone else, some dude dressed casually sloppily, rolled up the rope and slung it over his arm. "Goldy," he said. "They're bound to wonder soon why they lost contact with those guys." He gestured to a couple of bodies stowed in the corner.
She looked around quickly, then back at me. "We're here to help you escape. We'll do the formal introductions later, but I'm Goldenspines and this is AceWing. You can call us Goldy and Ace, okay?" At my slow nod, she smiled again. "Come now, quickly!"
I glanced at Odd, who stared back at me with fearful eyes. I was still a little wary, but she seemed so genuine, I couldn't think ill of her. I sighed, then grabbed Odd and rushed after her.
We were running through corridors I'd never seen before, and despite my best tries, I quickly lost my sense of where we were. Still, I could feel wind. My instincts told me what that meant, that we were near an exit.
Suddenly Ace and Goldy slid to a stop, and Odd and I nearly crashed into them. Ace had dropped to a crouch, hand diving into his belt pouch. "You came here?" he asked, adopting a smirk. "Do I have to teach you again?"
""As long as I control death," the dark figure said. "I will beat the lesson into you, cocky boy." He raised his arm and a sword of flame suddenly appeared in his hand, revealing some of his features. Cloaked in black, with a deathly pallor, he cut a grim-reaper figure. I shuddered and drew back.
"Who is that?" I asked.
"That," Goldy said slowly. "Is MulletDeath.
Mullet Death? No one I knew, but judging by Goldy's tone, he must mean something elsewhere.
Ace was moving toward him, holding a small silver box in his palm. "You wanna get out of the way? You're not working for them, are you?"
Mullet smiled thinly, though it failed to reach his eyes. He suddenly lunged forward. The box in Ace's hands came alive with strong electricity, making a current fall like a whip, and he cracked it against the floor, unleashing a small wave of energy. Mullet held the sword forward, and the wave split at the tip, moving around him in a V. His eyes glowed eerily.
This was going to be interesting, I decided.

Wolfsong

Postby goldenspines » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:18 pm

:'D

I am beaming with joy.

But the suspense! D: I can't wait for the next chapter~
goldenspines

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:44 am

Goldy and Ace are just perfect~
But *gasp* The mullet finally made an appearance!
The suspenseful ending is killing me.

Postby thisiskris89 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:28 pm

yes it is true. I am the bomb! \( > u < )/
wolfy I wuv u!hahaha!
thisiskris89

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:38 pm

Mullet and Ace watched each other, Ace flicking the static whip and Mullet brandishing the flaming sword. They were both winded from earlier fighting, and now both were waiting to see who recovered first.
It hadn't been more than a couple of minutes, but I was growing agitated at the wait. At any moment, the soldiers could appear, and it would be all over. Goldy seemed so calm though, I wondered what she knew that I didn't.
Mullet snapped his fingers suddenly. Out of nowhere this weird clam-like things appeared; I realized it was a huge mullet. "Meet Ringo," he said in his dead-pan voice. "Lets see how you do with him."
"A clam?" Ace laughed. "Easy." and he moved toward it, lashing out with his whip.
The whip bounced off its shell, and it suddenly shot forward, and had a solid grip on Ace's left before he was even aware it had moved. Horrified, he struck it multiple times, but its shell proved indestructible. So it worked its way up. I glanced worriedly at Goldy, who was fiddling around in her backpack, trying to find something. "So," I drawled, turning toward Mullet. "Will he become a pearl, when he's swallowed?"
"Heck no. What would I do with all the pearls? When Ringo swallows you, you are sent to a place of eternal torment."
"You're sending him to Hades?" I gasped.
He had a funny grin as he replied, "Oh no, you're teleported to the 80's. Though I suppose its relatively close by."
Ace was almost gone. Goldy suddenly pulled a crowbar from her pack with a triumphant flourish and propped the clam's mouth open so that Ace could crawl out. "Mullet, you're an incredible warrior, everyone knows that. But we really need to leave now."
"I'm not done!" he exclaimed, sounding like a little kid deprived his treat.
"I know, but if we get caught, you won't have your duel anyway," she replied reasonably.
He considered this, then nodded. "Then I'll make sure you get out." He whistled and Ringo came back to him. He turned and disappeared into the building. Goldy quickly began to lead again after tossing Ace a towel to clean himself off with. We hadn't gone far when we began to hear loud, agonized screaming. I glanced questioningly at Goldy, who winked back at me and kept moving. I glanced at Odd, then recognized Dox by the mad light in his eye.
"This," he said. "Is pretty cool."
I found his grin contagious and smirked back, "These people are as strange as we are."
"The best kind."
In a few minutes, we were outside. We were on the outside wall specifically, with the sky above us. It was still dark, but so vast, so unconstrained. It didn't press in like the walls of the Compound, but Expanded with freedom. I stared, with the deepest joy a human being can feel. I was finally out. I was out! Then Goldy was motioning us to the wall as she vaulted over, followed by Ace. Dox didn't hesitate but followed after. I glanced back once, thinking on the others, before I leapt over.
"Can you help them, the others inside?" I asked Goldy. She smiled reassuringly back at me.
"They're already out and safely away," she replied. "That's how we learned of you. They asked us to get you." She smiled faintly. "It will be all over the news, but thanks to Mullet, they may believe it was another attack of the duelist."
"why is he like that?" I asked, following her away from the Compound.
"He's vowed to duel all the warriors of the world. No one's entirely sure why. If he loses, he revives and keeps coming until he wins."
Revives..."Can he really do that? Defy Death that way?"
"Rumor has it he may just be Death," Ace replied. "Come on, we need to be gone by dawn."
Mullet suddenly appeared in our midst. I jumped, surprised, for I hadn't sensed him at all. He and Goldy locked gazes, then he joined us as they led us away into the night.

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:01 pm

"Welcome to our camp," Goldy said, pushing aside the overhanging branch.
Dox and I climbed through, then stared about. We were in an open field, just outside the forest surrounding the Compound. Filling the stretch of field before us was a huge campsite. Several people stood or milled about, and among them I recognized people from the Compound. Free. We were all free.
"Welcome to the Alliance," Goldy said. "Here gathers the refugees and the warriors training to take down the dictator and his cronies. Living quarters are down that way, and the place we call a kitchen is here. Ace will show you around. Mullet, you stay out of trouble." and she walked off.
"She makes a good leader," Ace remarked when she was away. "Just don't make her mad, whatever you do. She is terrifying then."
"She's a leader here?" I asked. He nodded.
"One of our best. Come, I'll get you situated, and you can start enjoying yourselves." He grinned. "Taking on those monsters is fun. I look forward to taking on his best."
"I already have," Mullet mentioned. Ace instantly turned on him and they started arguing. I glanced at Dox, who grinned t me.
"Lets show ourselves around," he suggested. I nodded and followed him. He steered in the direction of the kitchen Goldy had gestured towards, predictably. There were a lot of people beginning to gather, for breakfast I gathered, so I was quickly losing sight of Dox.
I shouldn't have worried.
"Wolf!" I whirled to see Kris come flying t me, catching me in a tackle-glomp of about medium-explosion. I barely managed to stay upright as everyone's favorite bomb began talking excitedly about coming to this place and how overjoyed she was that I wasn't erased. Admittedly, I was overjoyed about that one too.
"Good to see you too Kris," I said, smiling at her. She grinned at me, and I was struck by the change in her. Only a day free, and her face had a whole new glow to it. She'd even changed from the drab outfit of the prisoners into some nice comfortable clothes. I needed to do that too. "I need food clothes and a bed now!" I laughed.
"I can help you out there," she said. "I've memorized everything! Come on, lets get you a change of clothes first, then some food. You'll feel better once you're outta that drab!"
A few minutes later, I was in complete agreement with her. Dressed now in a tee-shirt and sweats, with real shoes and a jacket, I really felt like I'd left the Compound behind. We were on our way to the food when there was a sudden commotion on the edge of the camp. Kris and I went eagerly to investigate and saw some new people coming in. "What's going on?" I asked no one in particular.
"The scouts are back." I jumped when Mullet spoke, suddenly appearing behind me. How did the man do that? "Everyone's eager to hear the news."
Goldy and two others appeared from the tents, and people parted to make room for them. Someone stepped from the scouts, a girl who looked to be about my age. She saluted Goldy and the two with a cocky grin. "Reporting for duty, ma'am!"
"What did you find?" the tall man with the no-nonsense face demanded.
"An empty building, mostly. Mullet was very thorough, as usual. We did, however, spot a small group headed north, back towards civilization. Teacher Jaden was there, and though I can't be certain I believe H-sama was with them."
H-sama? That was an unfamiliar name. The other person with Goldy considered the news, carefully adjusting the hat that seemed melded to their head. "If Jaden and Crossfire are together again, we may expect trouble ahead."
Goldy seemed perturbed. "But Cross was on the other side of the continent yesterday."
"With all due respect ma'am, H-sama is an incredible person," the scout said. "I would imagine he came by sheer will power. And gun exhaust."
"Mr. HatnClogs?" Goldy turned to her companion questioningly.
Removing a rock from his clog,. Hats responded, "We'll know more when Fu gets back from the capital. In the meantime, My only suggestion is to get the new recruits ready." and he strolled away.
"Claec!" The scout snapped to attention when the no-nonsense man turned to her, a rueful smile on her face. "Gather those we rescued from the Compound, and make sure they're all settled. No fooling around, understand?" He gave her the evil eye, so terribly well done even our Teacher Jaden might have quaked.
"Yes sir Commander Mechana," she said, keeping her voice steady while her knees knocked together. Clearly anxious to get from under his gaze, she rushed into the crowd, ramming straight into Kris and I and bowling us both over.
"Gosh I'm sorry!" she said, scrambling to her feet. She glanced worriedly back but Mech had gone. "I haven't seen you two around. Did you come from the Compound?"
"Yeah, we were about to go eat," Kris said.
The teen nodded, then said, "I'm ClaecElric4God but you can call me Claec or Claecy or Cece or whatever springs to mind, I adore nicknames. Come on, lets go get breakfast!"
I couldn't make up my mind, as I followed her, as to whether she was obnoxious or hilarious. Not that it matters, I decided, I'd probably see very little of her at this place.

Wolfsong

Postby goldenspines » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:30 pm

I love how your portraying all the characters! This continues to be super fun to read. I can't wait to see what happens next! Crossfire and Jaden working together? The world is in terrible danger. D:
goldenspines

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:57 pm

RINGO ;w; seriously, as soon as he showed up I couldn't stop laughing XD;;
awe, Cece showed up too :3
I agree with Goldy, I love how you portray everyone cx

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:31 pm

Thanks everyone. The hardest part of this is the portrayal of the characters, so I'm glad I'm getting it right. Thanks, I hope I can keep it going.

We eventually located Dox stuffing his face. This was one of his longest appearances, and I found myself hoping Odd was okay.
"Hey Odd, uh, Dox," Kris said, laughing as she took the seat opposite. She poked the uniform shoulder, frowning. "You didn't even change," she said accusingly.
"Clothes can wait. The stomach isn't as patient." He gave her a lopsided grin as she snorted, then shifted his gaze to me as I sat beside Kris. "I note you left your stomach hanging."
"I wanted out of that drabby uniform," I explained.
He rolled his eyes heavenward. "What is it with girls an clothes?" he said in such an annoying tone I could barely restrain myself from hitting him.
Claec had no such qualms. Whacking him upside the head, she took the seat next to him and across from me. "Who is this mannerless oaf?" she asked, grinning.
Dox had such a look on his face it took all I had not to laugh. "That is Dox," I said in an even tone. "Though only for a little while, thank goodness. His other self is named Odd, Dox's polar opposite." I glanced at Dox, who was studying Claec through narrowed eyes.
Totally oblivious to his scrutiny, she started laughing. "Odd and Dox huh? Do they take turns? Awesome!" She grinned at Dox, sticking out her hand. "A pleasure to meet you! I'm Claec."
He stared at her hand, then at her, raising an eyebrow. "You hit me," he said slowly. "Then you expect me to shake hands with you?"
"Why not?" she cocked her head lazily, and I noticed her eyes suddenly sharpen and focus.
"Dox, no," I started warningly, half-extending a hand, but he was already moving.
Leaping out of his chair, he brought his fist down on Claec's head. She ducked aside, sweeping with her leg and knocking him down. He kicked out his legs, hitting her knees and knocking her down. They both regained their feet quickly and faced each other.
"Guys stop!" Kris begged as we quickly escaped out seats and backed away.
"You're not too bad for a newb," Claec said with a smirk.
"You could hardly be called a newb," he retorted.
Claec's grin turned mischievous. "Wanna see my special move?" She leapt up onto the table, smirking at Dox who watched with his arms crossed. Planting her feet firmly she raised her hand. "Doritos to me!" she cried.
For a second, nothing happened. Then, suddenly, thousands of bags worth of chips were pouring in through every available opening. The room began to fill quickly, and Kris and I joined the others in climbing onto the tables and other available surfaces.
"Jalapeno to the front!" she shouted. The chips came forward as she marshaled them into position, facing Dox. "Ready!"
"You seriously expect me to fear a snack food?" Dox snorted.
"Aim!" The chips moved, as though cocking themselves.
I felt Kris tensing up behind me. "Please don't blow," I begged her quietly.
"FIRE!"
They suddenly unleashed a flurry of bright red spices. Most of it settled on Dox, but some particles, caught by the wind, came upon us. Dox looked about to speak when a thoughtful look crossed his face, to be quickly replaced by one of pain. Howling, he lunged at Claec through the racks of Doritos. In a moment I realized what happened, as the particles on my arm began to burn like crazy. Kris screamed, and I realized just what position we all were in.
"Everyone SCATTER!" I shrieked, flinging myself headlong towards the doorway. Transforming, I put on an extra burst of speed, escaping the tent and rushed into the woods. I heard a lot of shouting behind me, but I was focused completely on the spices charring my hide. Rolling in the grass didn't help, so I ended up hurling myself into a pond. Thrashing about awhile, I was able to get it all off. I crawled back to dry land, shivering.
I remained there. I wasn't going back until I knew it was safe. I rolled onto my side, returning to human form. Light, who was winning that competition? Dox was powerful, so a few burns weren't going to stop him. Much more likely to prompt him to action than anything. I hoped for Claec's sake he didn't utterly destroy her once he reached her.
It felt like hours before someone came. I was both dismayed and relieved to see it was Claec. She didn't say anything at first, just walked over and sat down next to me. "Dox is kinda scary," she remarked after a moment. "But Odd's okay." She suddenly giggled. "I told him to call me Onee-chan and I'd take care of him, But Dox, he's all yours."
"Oh thanks," I said sarcastically, snorting in amusement. I rose, stretching. Well, if she was befriending Odd, I was probably going to see a lot more of her. "I never told you, I'm Wolfsong. Though everyone just calls me Wolf." I offered my hand tentatively.
She grabbed my hand, pumping it energetically. "Awesome! I'll call you Wolfy! We'll be good friends."
"Great," I said with a half-hearted smile. Here we go.

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sun May 04, 2014 12:49 pm

Our days became filled with rigorous training. All of us from the Compound chose to fight and so, under the strict eye of Mech, we were becoming warriors. Hats educated us in strategy and tactics, and Ace with, surprisingly, Mullet, trained us in various weapons and gadgets. Mullet, it turned out, had much more than a sword in his arsenal. After showing off various high-tech guns and such, I had much more respect for his abilities. I still didn't know what to make of Ringo, who I often didn't see till the last minute and would trip over.
I grew closer to my friends in this time. Claec, it turned out, was pretty great once you got used to the high amount of energy she had. She and Odd got along well, except when they didn't, and I became fond of her quickly. I learned she had a sister who she'd been separated from, someone named Cheetah, and shew as trying to find her. I couldn't imagine losing a sibling, and I wished her luck.
The time passed steadily, sometimes painfully, but after a time we adjusted to our new lives, preparing for the day we made our stand against the dictator.
Then, one day...

"Wait up!" Odd was shouting, running after Kris and I.
I paused, then turned. "Odd, hurry!" I urged. "We're not gonna make it at this rate."
Kris glanced at the map in her hands, biting her lip. "Ten miles, on foot. We must secure the point, and stop the other team from making it." She shook her head, biting her lip. "I don't know we can do it," she mumbled.
"Sure we can." I studied Odd, who was doubled over trying to catch his breath. I rolled my eyes. "If we all work together with all we have. With that in mind..." I raised my hand. "I SUMMON DOX!" and I whacked him upside the head.
"Onee-chan," Dox said darkly, rubbing his head, glaring at me. "I told you to stop doing that."
"Well, its about the only way to summon you," I replied, ignoring the 'onee-chan'. That was a joke from Claec and Odd, saying that since odd was Claec's 'onee-chan', I could have Dox. For some reason, he'd adopted it. I tolerated it. "We have a job for you."
"Oh?" He gave me a dark look, but I noticed interest behind it.
"See, we need you to go distract the other team so Kris and I can reach the fort first. Make them think its our whole team there."
"Who is our opposition?"
"Ace is leading the group, with MichaelLance and Diamond Dragon. Claec and Panda are up at the fort, to hold it with whoever gets there first."
"Ah, us against the big kids eh? Finally, a challenge." Reaching back, he drew the two swords strapped to his back, grinning. "Get that fort. We'll need Claec and Panda." and he broke into a run.
Kris grabbed my arm and started running. "Wolf, you would probably do better to go ahead. Those three will not be a cake walk. The rules don't state that we all have to be at the fort to claim it. You get moving, and I'll slow down whoever gets past Dox."
I nodded and lunged forward, transforming. With all my senses at full, i rushed through the surrounding trees, reviewing the map in my head.
At ten miles I was in fora heck of a run. The first five would be trees and hills, then there would be open plains between me and the fort. If I was lucky, I would reach the plains at least before anyone caught up.
I ran hard for several minutes, till I finally reached the edge of the trees. I paused a moment to catch my breath, when there was a huge explosion behind me. "Kris," I breathed. "Are they coming that quickly?" and I burst forward with renewed vigor. Several more explosions went off behind me, and the sound of trees falling sent adrenaline pumping. The blasts meant she was trying to cut someone off. Someone was coming up behind me!
Seconds later, someone pulled up alongside me. Crouched low on a hoverboard of his making was MichaelLance, his gunsword in hand.
"Hey Wolf!" he shouted, grinning. "Move over!" and he started shooting.
I pushed forward, dodging a bullet, pushing myself further. The fort was nearby. I just had to beat the tech-kid. I dove at him suddenly, taking a bite out of the board. I took a good chunk out of it, but missed the all-important wiring. Unfazed, he slashed at me with the blade, cutting into my shoulder. I snarled as red-hot pain seared through my shoulder and snapped at his leg. Trying to avoid me put him off-balance, and I took another bite. This time I found what I wanted, and tore the wires. The board spluttered, then stopped completely. Michael was thrown and I ran as fast as I could. Up ahead was the fort.
"Wolfy, hi!" Claec, leaning over the wall, waved eagerly. "I knew you'd make it!"
"Open the gate!" I howled, pain in my voice. My shoulder was bleeding heavily now. Injuries were all part of the training course, but I found myself wishing that I had some sort of armor. It stung.
"Door's over to the side." and she disappeared. I ran toward the gate, which opened just enough to let me in.
Panda,a sweet girl in a panda suit and an eternal love of bamboo, stared in horror at my shoulder. She quickly worked out a bamboo bandage for me, and we made our way to the walls. Claec was on the wall, shouting encouragement to Kris and Dox, who were moving toward the fort with the other team hot on their heels. Panda lowered a long stick of bamboo which Dox and Kris grabbed onto, and the three of us pulled them up to safety.
"So what's the plan?" Panda asked, chewing absently on the bamboo pole.
"We switch to Plan B," I said, grinning. "Hold down the fort."
"Against three of the Alliance's best?" Dox snorted. "You're either way too optimistic or crazy. Either way, it sounds fun. Count me in."
"Hey!" We all turned to stare over the wall. Ace, Michael and Diamond Dragon stood there, staring up at us. "Open the door," Ace called. "And let us in!"
I gave him a flat look. "Seriously?"
Claec, however, leaned dangerously forward over the wall and replied, "Not by the hair of Odd's chiny chin chin!"
"I don't have hair on my chin!" Dox, or Odd, protested.
"Does that mean we let them in?" Panda asked, confused.
I rolled my eyes and was about to answer when a bullet suddenly grazed my cheek. Shouting and slapping a hand over my cheek, I turned to see a couple of snipes taking shots at us, which the others were just beginning to notice. The uniforms were hauntingly familiar.
"Soldiers!" I shouted. "We're under attack!"
Dia's response was immediate as she transformed into a great dragon. Ace and Michael grabbed onto her as she leapt into the air. Another round of shots were fired, which Dia barely avoided as she landed inside the walls. Ace, however, was shot clear through the leg.
"Panda, go help them!" I said, my heart pounding against my ribs. Attacked, by the Soldiers, here of all places. I felt great fear, which I forced down into anger. So the training session just became a real skirmish.W ell, worse come to worse, we'd hold the fort till help came.
Dox suddenly pointed to the opposite side, his face deadly serious. We turned to see a small army of Soldiers coming toward us. "I'd say this just got a whole lot more interesting," he said with a grin.

Wolfsong

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun May 04, 2014 1:00 pm

Eee, I have bamboo bandage <3 (Bambandage?)
Love all the action in this part~ It really flows :3

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed May 07, 2014 10:36 am

I'm sorry I haven't been commenting on this at all. I'm just sitting here enjoying the show. :lol:
But seriously...it's uncanny and scary how perfectly you get the characters. Well, I shouldn't speak for other people, but me definitely, you're spot on. It makes me smile.
I can't wait to see where this goes. Keep up the awesome, Wolf!
I must say, I'm a bit surprised I didn't open the gate for the opposing team. :sweat:
Anyways, this is all awesome.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 07, 2014 5:20 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:I must say, I'm a bit surprised I didn't open the gate for the opposing team. :sweat:

I thought about it, but then I realized you'd never pass up a chance to take a snipe at Odd or Dox :grin:
I'm glad you guys are enjoying it so far. The characters are, in all honestly, my most favorite part of writing this whole thing. Hard they are, but its just. So. Much. FUN.
More action to come, so hold on to your socks!

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sat May 10, 2014 9:25 am

"This looks pretty grim," Panda said.
If I didn't believe the situation darker than grim, I would have agreed with her. Claec and Michael were arguing in the corner, debating and rejecting ways of escape. Panda, with Dia's aid, was tending Ace;'s injury, which threatened with infection. Odd leaned against the wall, his face buried in his knees. I was pacing back and forth, trying to come up with an idea, anything at all.
"Half and hour left," Odd suddenly told us within hearing range. Michael, Claec and I all winced, glancing towards the gate. Half and hour left to either surrender and die or fight and die. Neither option was appealing.
"There has to be something!" Claec said, thinking.
I slumped against the wall, sinking to the ground. Doomed. We were all doomed.

---3 hours ago---

"They're surrounding us now," Dox reported, watching.
"Stay calm," Ace urged, grimacing as Panda frantically worked on a bamo-dage (there ya go Panda) to stop the bleeding. "We can hold against a squad like this."
"This will be easy," Michael snorted. "We've handled far worse than this."
I stared over the wall, careful to watch for snipers, thinking they must have been in some interesting situations. The Soldiers had fully surrounded the fort, and were setting themselves up as if for a short fight. I watched it, grim-faced; we were gonna die, most likely. "If that's the case, what is our game plan?" I asked.
"Give me a minute," Ace said. "For now, just keep an eye on the enemy. Let me know if anything changes."
"Well here's something," Dox announced, leaning forward. "Onee-chan, get up here. You too Kris. Get a load of this."
Kris and I glanced questioningly at each other; he sounded very unhappy. Quickly we trotted over to Dox's side. He pointed to a spot in the enemy ranks where a group seemed to be forming. "I just saw an old friend of ours," he said grimly. I didn't get it till the group separated from the main army and marched toward the fort. I gasped as I spotted the figure leading them.
"Its Jaden!" Kris gasped, snapping backwards like she'd been shot.
"Jaden?" Michael had joined us on the wall. "If he's here, then this was no coincidence, that squad coming here. Either he intended to take out the trainees, or we had the misfortune to get in the way." He pursed his lips, staring thoughtfully at the group. 'I suppose he's here to give us the chance to surrender." He grinned slowly. "Let me do the talking, since Ace is indisposed."
As he'd "been through worse", I decided I'd be happy to let him have the pleasure of talking to our favorite sadistic godfather. Claec came up to stand with us, and we waited.
Jaden seemed neither angry not happy as he came forward; he had no emotion at all. If I had to put an emotion to it, I'd say he simply looked bored. He always did, I reflected, even when he was monologuing. He wasn't even describable as ice, which is frosty indifference, Emotion just wasn't there.
He stared up at us for some time, contemplating how to squash us like bugs I guessed. "So," he said after a moment. "Do you believe yourselves kings of the hill now? Free of the confines of the Compound to live your lives as you please?"
"You betcha beloved boots on it," Claec replied, smiling. "We also intend to end tyranny and all that rot. That includes you, buster."
"Do you "warriors or justice" know the terror you cause the ordinary people?" he asked. "Your differences, abilities and powers spread fear and havoc through the order we have tried to create. You are, then, disturbers of the peace."
Claec opened her mouth to retort and was shoved back by Michael. "Lets cut to the chase," he said. "Undoubtedly, you're here to ask us to surrender."
"Quite the opposite, I'm here to let you know we will attack when the sun reaches the edge of the forest. I expect proper defenses and resistance prepared. Please make this at least minimally interesting." He turned and started waling away.
Michael seemed speechless. Dox suddenly asked, "Tell me, truce is only when they have a white flag, right?" Kris, who'd been studying, nodded. I noticed Dox's hands behind his back, and felt a sense of foreboding. He grinned, then suddenly whirled around and threw whatever it was at Jaden. A black glob splattered on the man's shoulder, most of it staining the brown cloak.
"We'll have something prepared alright!" Dox shouted, black mud dripping from his hand, the same hand currently cupped to his mouth; I cringed. "You;'re going to be running back home begging for your mamma when we're through with you! not even you can surpass us in the cruelty of practical jokes and mudslinging! You'll be creamed, old man!"
Jaden paused and turned his head slightly, something in his eye stilling even Dox's tongue. "I look forward to it," he replied and continued on.
Everyone turned slowly to stare at Dox. "So, master of torture," Claec said with a grin. "What now?"

---3 hours later---

"I have it!" Claec suddenly declared, leaping up. "Wolfy, Panda, and Kris, to the storage! Odd, go to the kitchen and bring me all the pepper and peanut butter you can find! Dia, you get Ace into the building, guard him with your life. Michael, how soon can you repair that board of yours?"
"An hour, give or take," he answered.
"Well we need it in five minutes so you better get working. Lets go girls." and she marched towards the storage shed.
Once inside, she quickly set us to collecting and tearing stuff apart. "What exactly do you have in mind?" I asked as I chopped down a wardrobe with a knife-hand-strike. "Seeing as how you've only half an hour to put it into practice."
Claec, almost buried under a mound of rubber, just grinned at me. "Just watch me."

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Thu May 29, 2014 6:55 pm

Like the rhythmic pounding of drums comes the marching feet of the Soldiers. There was no sound from the fortress, no sign of any living creature. Jaden, armed and armored, stood before the fortress gates, appraising them through expert eyes. After a moment, he gave a magnanimous wave of his hand. "Break it down," he commanded.
The first twenty rushed forward, hurling their spiked shoulder plates against the doors. Instead of the resistance they'd expected, the door fell open and the men fell forward onto their faces.
"Wouldn't you feel stupid to know it wasn't locked?" someone piped up.
Jaden just looked disappointed. "So much for resistance. Up men, lets...?"
It took them all a moment to realize what had happened. At first, it seemed the twenty who'd stormed the gate were either leaning against it or laying down. Upon closer inspection, one realized they were straining against some strange force that held them to the surfaces, something a light brown with a chemical smell. Jaden bent down to study it, and soon identified it.
"Super glue and peanut butter," he surmised. "...Impressive." A slow smile spread over his face.
Some of the other Soldiers were inspecting the stuff. A man poked it with his weapon experimentally, and what he touched suddenly burst and unleashed a black powder that descended like snow. It had an interesting effect, causing everyone who breathed it in to start sneezing.
Jaden snapped a guard over his mouth. "Black pepper?" he said incredulously.
Suddenly, paintballs, mudballs and spitballs came raining down on the regiments' heads. Kris, revealing her position on the wall, whooped gleefully as she got someone in the face with a paintball. "Keep them coming Claec!" she shouted to her on the other side of the wall.
From my position with Odd in the guardhouse, we had a clear view of the mess below. I had to giggle; Jaden and his men looked like they'd walked right out of the rainbow. "This is fun!"
"Is it our turn yet?" Odd asked, glancing up.
I shook my head. "Not yet. We don't strike till they pass the gate. Has Michael moved?"
"Yes, he just went to-"
Loud explosions suddenly went off. I glanced around, then smiled. "I can't believe he, Claec and you came up with all this!"
"Its mostly Dox's ideas," he replied, trying to shrug it off. "He's had more experience than I with the stuff."
"Its still impressive," I replied.
"Where are they now?" Odd asked, changing the subject.
I glanced out the window. "Almost through. You know, Jaden can make even the rainbow seem menacing." I watched a minute longer, then nodded. "Our turn. Lets go!" and we exited onto the wall.
"Did Dia take off?" Claec asked, quickly hurling another mudball.
"If the smokeshield Michael set up worked, she and Ace are long gone."
"Went off without a hitch," Michael announced, arriving on his board. "Who're my passengers?"
"Claec and Kris, if the board can take it," Odd replied. "Wolf and I are confident we can hold up in the main building till help comes."
"No, if you guys are staying then I'm hanging around," both Kris and Claec said, then glanced at each other and grinned.
I opened my mouth, then changed my mind. Truth be told, I would be very happy to have them with us. "Okay then Michael, you job is to get a rescue squad together then. Good luck."
"You too," he replied as he took off, disappearing over the wall.
Claec glanced down, then at Odd. "Did you release the tear gas bombs?" she asked.
"Um, sorry Onee-chan, almost forget." and he disappeared into the gate house again.
"I'll secure the building. Join me when you can," I told Claec, then bolted.
Running alongside the wall, I quickly made my way into the building. It was unduly small, but compact and strong. It would withstand much before it fell. There were two doors, a front and back, and a skylight overhead. I began by securing the front door, then slid the some-metal-or-another slide to block the skylight. This plunged the room into darkness, so I switched to wolf form to wield my other senses.
The sudden appearance of another presence behind me stunned me. Before I could move, I was suddenly struck on the head, then snatched by the scruff of the neck and smashed against the wall. Dazed, I could not fight, and was dropped into some dark box.
"Not bad, but so very careless," came Jaden's voice. I looked up blearily, just able to see his face. Despite everything I'd seen, there was no paint or stuff on him, and I couldn't understand or guess how that was. "I would normally offer you a chance to surrender, but once you left the Compound, I'm afraid you destroyed all chances. Suffocation isn't so painful, so be a grateful dog." Still with that sad sort of smile, he reached overhead, grabbing something. "Farewell, and may heaven have mercy on your soul."
and he closed the lid.

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Next chapter coming up! ...this one will ensure the hatred of a certain someone XD This will be fun

I clawed at the lid of the box, but it barely budged; seemed he'd put something on top of it. I rammed the side a couple times, but that wasn't working either, so I sat down and started thinking.
Come to think of it, what was also in this crate? Curious, I started sniffing at the strange lumps beside me; could be something useful.
Outside, I hear a door burst open. "Wolfy, they're moving again. We're going to OH MY GOSH!!!"
I heard gunfire and a lot of shouting. I still haven't figured out what the thing in the crate was. "How did you get in here?" I heard Kris demand.
"The front door."
"Where's Wolf?"
"Probably greeting the devil now."
There was another loud crash, and a new scent was suddenly available, though it took me a minute to figure it out. This thing was a bomb.
There was a symphony of crashes, bangs and shots going on outside. Much as everyone loves to end these things with a bang, I was understandably reluctant to set this thing off.
Suddenly, my crate was overturned and I was spilled onto the floor. Shaking my head, I quickly took stock of my surroundings.
Dox was going back and forth with Jaden, struggling to gain the upper hand. Claec, apparently dorito-less, had summoned mutant bunnies to try and keep the Soldiers out, with Kris as her back-up. Panda was guarding the back door, a terror with a bamboo spear. I decided to help Dox and transformed.
I started searching through the boxes, trying to find something that would give us an edge over our old teacher. There was a collection of different explosives, from the dangerous ones to smoke bombs. And in another box hidden in the corner...
"Oh sweet!" I glanced back. Dox was leaping about like he was on a trampoline, trying to get past Jaden's defense. Grinning, I grabbed the box and flung the whole thing at him. Jaden's response, as expected, was to whirl and fire at the threat. The whole thing exploded, showering him, and Dox who was just too close, with a fine selection of manure. Dox broke into a choking fit. Jaden just stood there, an unreadable expression on his face.
"They used to stable horses here, ya know," I informed him with a smile. I straightened, raising my voice. "Hey gang, its time to go!"
"Wolf!" Claec shouted. "Find me Doritos and I'll clear us a path!"
"No, don't worry, I've got it," Panda said, putting two fingers to her lips and whistling a long shrill note. For a second, nothing seemed to be happening.
Then the ground started shaking.
Hoards of miniature, adorable pandas began to pour over the foe, burying them in a mound of fuzzy black-and-white cuteness. Several thousand came in through the door, all for the sole purpose to mob Jaden the same way. Completely unfazed, he shot a grapple hook to the ceiling and rose up, out of the panda's reach. However, those clever creatures had already began climbing onto each other, forming a panda pyramid, slowly climbing their way, bear by bear, to their victim.
I saw Jaden leveling his gun-arm at Panda; naturally if you take out the leader the troops fall apart. I rushed forward, shoving Panda out of the door, just as the lazer bored into the wall beside me.
"Lets get clear!" I shouted. Claec set the bunnies loose, and she and Kris rushed after us. Dox paused to assist a beat in his hiking mission before joining us.
"There's nowhere for you to run!" Jaden called after us, fuzzy bears clinging to his legs. "Crossfire has already crushed the Alliance. You have nowhere to go."
"Nowhere but up!" Claec proclaimed cheerfully before ducking out.
There were mounds here and there of pandas swamping some poor men who had never experienced such horrifying adorableness. A panda hug, I reflected, can be dangerous in its own way. I resolved never to underestimate them in the future.
"Why didn't you summon them before?" Kris was asking Panda.
"Its hard to convince a panda to move, they're always so sleepy. Fortunately, I remembered something pandas love doing." She giggled, then suddenly flung her arms around Claec. "PANDA HUG!!!"
We all started laughing. We'd just escaped a death trap, successfully made the enemy look ridiculous, and we were all together.
"We need to get back to the Alliance," Dox said, interrupting our laughs. "You all hear Jaden. We need to save what's left, if we have to."
Our good mood broken, we broke into a run. An ominous pillar of smoke rose into the sky before us....

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:06 pm

The camp was on fire.
Normally, a fire was nothing new, particularly when Michael was working on one of those inventions of his. However, this fire was not only bigger, but spread out all over the camp. As we ran into camp, it felt like we'd entered a furnace.
I glanced around, worried. There was no sign of any of our friends in the camp, I couldn't even see Dia or Michael anywhere. Now that I thought about them, I was growing quickly worried. Where was everyone? Surely they weren't...
"This is H-sma's handiwork, alright," Claec was saying, pulling my thoughts from their grim trail and back to earth. "Always fond of explosives. Not the deep craters. Probably grabbed the heavy artillery for this."
"How do you know this guy?" Dox asked.
"Oh, we met when I was trying to shut down a factory dedicated to sour cream. I really loathe the stuff. Anyways, we had our run-in there. My, what good times we had..."
I wandered a little further in, remaining in human form. The surrounding scents would be overwhelming, and I already felt dangerously lightheaded. The fact that there weren't even any bodies was food for thought as well.
"You call him trying to blow you sky high funny?!"
"Hey, I was trying just as hard to smother him in cherries. And it was funny."
I glanced around, then bent down to examine something: a footprint in the dirt. It was relatively new, too. "Hey guys, take a look," I called, and they came running over.
Claec bent down, studying it. "Looks like someone's wearing a heavy shoe. Look at the impression on this thing..."
"You know something?" Kris said suddenly. "I don't think this was caused by a few big bombs."
We all stared at her blankly until we realized she wasn't discussing the footprint. She watched the fires, brow furrowed. "No...more like a bunch of tiny ones scattered strategically around. To do that, they'd have to know all the best places, which they did, judging by....but then....who....and how..."
"Kris," Dox said, exasperated. "Mind explaining your thoughts, instead of just giving us bits and pieces of it?"
"Oh, sorry." Sheepishly, she began again. "I took the look around, because I was trying to figure out where the blasts originated from. I then realized there were too many to be big ones - this would be a single crater then. No, it was a bunch of small bombs, to incapacitate first, and then they could just pick off the remainder. But to know where our leaders, where everyone gathered, and to get so many into those spaces..."
"He's either fiendishly clever or we have a traitor," Dox finished. We stared at each other in horror.
"Dun-dun-dunn!"
We whirled around at the new voice. But though we searched the area, we could not find the source of the voice. "Who goes there?" Panda cried, waving her (bamboo) spear.
Nothing, no answer. I glanced behind me, just in case, but no one was there. Dox suddenly shouted, and I turned to see where he was pointing.
A dark silhouette seemed to appear from the rising flames. A black figure, a gun in his hand. At his side a small, rounded creature followed. Our eyes went wide as flying sparks lit up his face.
"Mullet!" Panda cried in horror.
His face was devoid of emotion. The barrel of the gun released a thin trail of smoke, and his flaming sword hung suggestively at his side. Ringo opened his mouth slightly, as though scenting the air.
Claec stepped forward, eyes narrowed. "What have you done Mullet?!" she demanded harshly.
"What I had to do. Fear not, your friends are in a much happier place."
"You traitor!" I shouted. "How dare you?!" I started to lunge forward, but Claec threw out an arm in my way.
"Who payed you?" she asked. "What was so great you sold us out?"
"I would be much more worried...about yourselves. Get away quickly, before you're caught in the crossfire to come." He raised the gun.
Something shot past my face, and I jerked instinctively back. Claec instantly whirled around. "Follow me guys!" she shouted, running through the flames.
"But...what about him?" Kris asked, glancing back as she followed. "We can't let him go..." Mullet fired a few more rounds as we made our get away.
"He's on our side!"
"Say what?" I gasped. A tree suddenly fell, its base giving way, and I slid under the trunk. A stray branch snagged my cheek, but otherwise I made it unscathed.
"Didn't you get it? In a 'happier place' in other words they escaped and are safe. 'caught in the crossfire' in other words, H-sama's on his way. We need to clear outta here!" She suddenly looked wistful. "Much as I would like to try and punch his amazing lights out again..."
Amazing? I did not understand this girl sometimes. Oh well. Following her, we fled the burning camp, alone and away from the Alliance.

Wolfsong

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:55 pm

Yaaaaaaaaay piles of pandas! Soldier: "I could... probably shove these miniature pandas off but... too cute...ARGGGH!" *gets absorbed into pile and never seen again

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:54 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Yaaaaaaaaay piles of pandas! Soldier: "I could... probably shove these miniature pandas off but... too cute...ARGGGH!" *gets absorbed into pile and never seen again

:lol:
can't......stop.......laughing....... :XD:

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Wow, this is getting intense. But I don't think I would ever assume Mullet is anything other than evil.
Wolf....where are you going with this H-sama thing? I'm worried...

ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:04 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Wow, this is getting intense. But I don't think I would ever assume Mullet is anything other than evil.
Wolf....where are you going with this H-sama thing? I'm worried...

you should be, dear.

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:15 pm

We traveled for days, taking as few breaks as we dared. Who knew if Jaden, or the man of legend Crossfire, were right behind us? At one point, by complete accident, we stumbled upon a small squad of men patrolling the area. We successfully trapped them in bubblegum and strung them up, but we realized we would have to split up. our group was just too large to pass unnoticed. So, despite our reluctance to do so, we agreed to split up into two teams. Odd, Kris and I made one team, and Claec and Panda made the other.
"With any luck, one of us will find the Alliance, if they're still alive," Claec said.
"Wait," Kris said, startled. "I thought you said Mullet said..."
"I lied. I needed you guys to follow me. I firmly believe he is totally evil."
Claec smirked brightly while the rest of us groaned.
Agreeing to meet in the town fifty or so miles ahead, we split up.
And so it happened that we found ourselves alone in a sprawling forest with no clue which way was north. We planned to follow the sun, but it being nighttime, that was impossible. Odd deduced that the moon went from east to west, which set up a debate as Kris wasn't entirely certain, and we ended up just following it. It worked great for a while until Odd fell into a nice dark crevice.
Things went downhill from there.

"For the record, I blame you," I groused, glaring at Odd.
Hanging upside down with his feet trapped in a tight crevice, he had trouble twisting around to look at me. "Why? Kris is the one who caused the explosion and the fallout."
Kris, arms lodged in the rock behind her, slumped. "I'm so sorry..."
"You fell in the first place, Odd. She was trying to get you out." I sighed,. hanging my head. I'd somehow gotten trapped in the middle, wedged between the walls. My feet hung over heaven-knew-what and I could barely move my torso. Transforming was definitely not an option. At least my arms were free, i supposed. "I'm sorry Odd. This is uncomfortable for all of us."
"Ah, its okay." Odd glanced around. "So is there anything we can do?"
"Well, if Kris exploded again, we'd probably be worse off," I said. "I'd say we're pretty firmly trapped here waiting for Jaden's troops to find us."
We all went quiet at that.
Finally, one by one, we slumped in defeat. We were well and truly trapped.
Time passed slowly. Night turned to Day, and to Night again, and nothing about our circumstances changed. I was just about ready to ask Kris to explode again, if but to relieve the boredom, when we heard whistling coming closer to where we were.
Suddenly, a white moose and a gold-feathered eagle appeared, and it was the moose who was whistling. The eagle sat on its antler. They stopped dead when they saw us.
We stared at each other in mutual shock for about a minute. Then the eagle said, "Well, this was the last thing I expected to find."
"No freakin' kidding," I breathed. An albino moose and a golden eagle. Holy crow...
"Do you need a hand?" the moose asked. I nodded slowly. Odd and Kris glanced up, their eyes growing wide.
The moose and the eagle transformed, taking on human figure. "Come on then, bro, lets dig them out!"
"Um, who are you guys?" Kris asked.
"I'm AlbinoMoose and this is my bro GoldenEagle!" the white-haired chap said.
Such original names. But then, I was Wolf, so who was I to judge? "Thanks," I said, with feeling.

Wolfsong

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:58 am

Yikes, I need to comment on this more often...
But Piles of fuzzy pandas. I. Approve. So. Much. <3 (also, I agree Mullet, that was really funny XD).

Just wanna say I can totally see Claec saying this.

But yay for Moose and Eagle being in here now :)

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:31 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Yikes, I need to comment on this more often...
But Piles of fuzzy pandas. I. Approve. So. Much. <3 (also, I agree Mullet, that was really funny XD).

Just wanna say I can totally see Claec saying this.

But yay for Moose and Eagle being in here now :)

I'm glad you approve. I thought you would.
I'll be honest...this was what was on my mind when I wrote that thing:
Panda4christ:3 wrote:
Nate wrote:There's too many pandas in this thread.

I don't know what you're talking about

So...yeah.... :XD:

And yes. I know Claec would say that. She's said that about me a time or two :XD:
Anyways, glad you're enjoying, and I'm working on the next part now. I should have it out sometime soon.
And don't worry, I'm not neglecting you and Claec! You guys are gonna have some fun all of your own.

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:16 pm

"I sure hope they'll be okay," Panda said wistfully, about two hours after splitting up.
Claec was tossing a rock back and forth between her hands. At Panda's words, she snorted. "They'll be fine. Odd has his personality disorder, Wolf has her fangs, and Kris explodes. I pity anyone who runs into that trio."
"Yeah, but...they're not always...cautious. They get way too impulsive."
"Implusivity's my job. Sure they get careless every now and then, but when it comes down to it they're some of the best." Tossing the rock behind her and almost hitting Panda with it, Claec said, "Alright! Enough chit-chat! Lets-"
"What is that?" Panda pointed to the right, eyes wide.
A grand castle stood there, hidden by the curtain of trees. Claec and Panda stared in amazement. "I thought all castles were gone," Panda said softly.
Claec blinked, then a familiar grin reasserted itself on her face. "Well, lets go see who owns it! Hurry up!" and she started running.
"H-hey!" and Panda rushed after her.
By the time she caught up, Claec was already trying to pound down the doors. "Helloooo! Anyone home?"
"Claec, cut the racket already!" The gate opened, revealing a familiar face.
"Fu! FullmetalAlchemist, you are here!" Claec exclaimed, glomping her. "Why are you here?"
"My cover got blown, so I came out here to hide. The owner of this place was kind enough to let me stay." She glanced back, then gestured to the woman coming up behind her. "Claec, Panda, meet PrincessZelda!"
"Its a pleasure to meet you ma'am," Claec said grandly, executing a splendid bow. Both Panda and Fu looked stunned. Zelda appeared amused.
"Just Zelda, please. Its nice to meet you."
"So how long have you been here Fu?" Panda asked.
"A few days now. Panda..." She lowered her voice. "Is it true? Was the Alliance destroyed?"
"..well..."
"Scattered, sointenly," Claec suddenly responded. "We're working on finding the leftovers. Why we-"
THUNK!
A crossbow bolt lodged itself in the wall directly beside Fu's head. Claec instantly slammed the door closed, bolted all the locks, let out an insane cackle and started running for the nearby staircase, declaring, "Fighting positions, ladies and gents! The fun begins again!"
"But who is it?" Zelda asked, following them.
"That's what we shall find out!" Claec replied before vanishing from sight. Zelda watched her go, then glanced at Fu.
"Are you sure she's never been here before, disguised or something? I've lived here my whole life and I still miss the door sometimes.":
"She's special," was all Fu replied.
Once out on the outer wall, the situation became all too clear - and all too familiar. A huge army was surrounding the castle. Panda groaned and collapsed. Fu was clearly chagrined, Zelda was totally calm, and Claec was bouncing up and down with excitement.
"Its Jaden! He's here! He found us!"
"Oh joy," Panda moaned from the floor.
They watched till they spotted the man himself. Claec grinned. "Time for chaos, boys and girls. Hold on to your socks."
"Who exactly is this Jaden?" Zelda asked, studying the surrounding enemy.
"A lot of trouble. He was a Teacher. Now I guess he's a hunter," Panda replied.
Zelda nodded slowly. "Well, I doubt he can do much. No one has penetrated these walls for generations."
"There's always a first time," Panda sighed.
"Oh stop worrying!" Claec said. "Everything's going to be just fine! Trust me!"

Wolfsong

Next

Return to Writing