Name a song that describes you or your life story

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Name a song that describes you or your life story

Postby snowcatgrlX7 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Yeah so basically just name songs that describe your personality I guess :sweat:
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalms 23:4
snowcatgrlX7

Re: Name a song that describes you or your life story

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:19 am

Easily 'Breakaway' by Kelly Clarkson! That song's pretty much my life story.

Others include 'Lithium', 'My Heart is Broken', and 'Bring Me to Life' all by Evanescence. 'Never Surrender' by Skillet. 'Wake Me Up' by Aloe Blacc. 'The Highroad' by Three Days Grace. 'Shattered' and 'What I'm Dreaming Of' by Trading Yesterday. 'I Was Here' by Beyonce. 'Only Hope' by Mandy Moore. And...yeah, a lot. XD I just noticed, my music is quite varied...
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:49 pm

Not sure if it explains my entire life story, but I've always felt oddly akin to vindicated by Dashboard Confessional.
EDIT:[Didn't realize it's completely acceptable to post more than one]
So to add to this
Breaking the habit - Linkin Park
Dear Agony - Breaking Benjamin
Last edited by Panda4christ:3 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby LastLfan » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:41 pm

"Welcome to my life" by simple plan
"I don't love you" by my chemical romance
"Welcome to the black parade" by my chemical romance
"Your body is a weapon" by the wombats
"I for you" by the all-american rejects
"Forgiven" by skillet
"We fall apart" by we as people

I've had to let go of a lot of people in the past and these songs always bring me comfort and hope as i see myself in them
LastLfan

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:31 pm

"The Statue Got Me High" by They Might Be Giants
DaughterOfZion

Postby Never thirsty! » Mon May 05, 2014 12:29 pm

Thorns by Demon Hunter I Will Fail You also by them Collapsing again, Demon Hunter Fading Away by Demon Hunter, Driving Nails by Demon Hunter, Don't Wake Me by Skillet, I Play Dead by Demon Hunter, Carry Me Down by Demon Hunter That Last Night by Skillet, Dead Flowers by Demon Hunter, and I will try to end with something not so super depressing Nintendo Thumb by Heath McNease
Never thirsty!

Postby faithb4sight » Mon May 05, 2014 2:40 pm

mmm I've always felt that Paradise by Coldplay reminded me of me.
But one day, if I could live a life that reminds me of the original Pokémon dub theme song, well, I think I'd be satisfied. :)
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby snowcatgrlX7 » Mon May 05, 2014 6:44 pm

You guys have good music taste :) lol
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalms 23:4
snowcatgrlX7

Postby shooraijin » Mon May 05, 2014 6:56 pm

Doctor Worm, by TMBG.
(Though I am a real doctor. And maybe, somebody else besides me will call me by my stage name. They will ...)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby faithb4sight » Mon May 05, 2014 7:23 pm

shooraijin wrote:Doctor Worm, by TMBG.
(Though I am a real doctor. And maybe, somebody else besides me will call me by my stage name. They will ...)

I'll call you Doctor Worm! Good morning, how are you?
Are you a real worm? An actual worm? Do you live like a worm and like to play the drums?

eeeee I love that song (specifically, the Relient K version).
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby shooraijin » Wed May 07, 2014 4:49 pm

I do live like a worm! And I like to play the drums. I think I'm getting good, but I can handle criticism.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Jam Session