Libri Prophetiae

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Libri Prophetiae

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Well, this is against my better judgement, but here we go....

A blood-red sky...a world choked by flames of destruction.
The same dream has haunted you many nights. But is it really only a dream? Or is it, perhaps, something more?
A voice calls out from within your mind.
The end of the world has come, for man has strayed from the path. I shall incinerate them with the earth, and a new world shall arise from their ashes. reach out your arms and receive me. Know what is righteous and record it, for it shall fill the world to be.
You see a book before you, its cover decorated in strange runes and pictures, securely bound. You feel drawn to this book, and both desire and fear what is asked of you.
Find the others entrusted with this duty. Together record the truth, and prepare for the coming world."
You come awake from the dream. It is as clear in your mind as if you'd lived it. Shaking, you know you must find the others like you. You must find the book. You must hurry, the fate of the world rests on your shoulders. A place comes to your mind - a stone monolith standing alone in a vast empty plane. You know, without needing to be told, that here is where you must go.

There are 6 locations: Aero Mountains, Nekali Sea, Johand Plains, Saramond Desert, Ylith Forest, and the Islands in the Sky. You will be part of a tribe living in this area, named after the area, with the exceptions of Ylith and the Islands. The forest people are called Kiilin, and the Islanders are simply called the Sky People. There are other, hostile tribes out there, as well as stranger lands beyond the Aero Mountains, so be forewarned of the dangers surrounding you. Preferably, there will be one person per area, so if you desire to be one of the Book's chosen, please keep that in mind.

You may be an ordinary person too. Please be sure to make that plain.

Also, there is another option for playable characters: you could be a spirit guardian of the Andrake - the Book of Prophecy. While the chosen's duty is to create the world, ours as spirits is to guide them (Note "guide". We are not allowed to force them). Further details for spirit players only.
One spirit per world, and when you post your character sheet you must mention which world you're from. one element of each only as well. You may choose between the elements offered below and worlds 2-7. You may make up what your world was like, if its not utopia.
One more thing, there will be seven spirits, even if no one chooses to play one. Which means there are seven openings only.

this is all done by a first-come-first-serve method, so if there's something specific you want, you need to hurry and claim it. Also, I'm gonna try and post a map of the world. Lets see how the scanner feels today XD

Now for Character Sheets!
Name: spirit players say something like: (name), a spirit from the (number) world
Bio:
Element: This is for spirits only. Available elements are Ignis - Fire, Aqua - Water, Terrae - Earth, Spiritus - Wind, Gelus - Ice, and Grameo - Grass (yes, this is an element XD)

Name: Amica Song
Appearance: Hair is a bright harvest gold and decorated with flowers. her eyes are a bright green, sparklingly clear. she wears a pale blue sleeveless tunic,a short skirt of grey, dark green leggings and goes around barefoot. She wears a simple leather strip around her ankle,a horse embroidered into it, a last gift from her mother. 16, 5'5''
Bio: Born on the plains, Amica spent ten happy years with her family roaming the plains and learned to survive on it and live in harmony with it. Then came the terrible storm that dropped a roving tornado from the sky. It destroyed her peoples homes and carried away so many, including her mother. However, she believes they are still alive and often sits on the plains waiting. Her dreams began three weeks ago, when she took to napping out there.

Name: Revus, a guardian spirit of the Andrake from the first world.
Appearance: Blonde hair spiked up, with a metallic headband that almost covers his eyes. His eyes are unusual in that one is a deep violet and the other a bright gold. Image 1'9'' to his full height of 6'3'', depending on desire or convenience.
Bio: With his fellow spirits bound to the Book, he has rested inside of it since the dawn of this world. The oldest of the Book spirits, he has seen many worlds come and go. However, he is disgusted with the easily corrupted humans, and would prefer to remain asleep in the Book forever.
Element: Fulmen - Lightning
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Re: Libri Prophetiae

Postby IStoleYourToast » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:24 pm

You wouldn't believe my face when I saw this up xD I was all most literally bouncing with excitement!

Anyway here's my character sheet. I hope it's acceptable ^^'

Name: Siilver(yes spelled with two i's) Drift
Appearance: Siilver is of average height for a man his age with a sandy blonde hair and unnaturally silverish eyes, hence his name. His clothes consist of a ight colored long-sleeved shirt and baggy pants of the same color with a brown belt holding them up. His pants are tucked into a silver colored boots, but due to the area he lives in, everything looks like the color of sand. As because of the sand, Siilver wears a piece of fabric over his head that leaves and opening for his eyes only and drapes down to just below his shoulders.
Bio: From birth Siilver was always alone. He knows not what had become of his parents or how exactly he survived out in the desert for the early years of his life, but he's thankful he did. Siilver grew up a loner and never seemed to mind, just doing things his way, making mistakes by his own fault, and not having to rely on anyone for anything, but himself and that is just the way he liked it. The first dream he had was when he was little, but he took no mind when it just came and went like any other dream. But that notion changed when the same dream came to him years later, and he claims it's 'haunting' him now ah days.
Personality: Siilver doesn't really know how to act around other people, and can be awkward at some times not knowing the right things to ay, but never the less he tries. He is often quiet because of this and is relatively shy, but hides that part under an expressionless mask, most of the time anyway.

If anything is out of place, please let me know!
I am not short, or small, or any of that. I am merely 'fun sized!' :D
IStoleYourToast

Postby DecooPunk » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Oh yeses! A new RP. I will probably join this.
DecooPunk

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:09 pm

OK! It's up a little later than I thought it would be, but you were all probably gone for the night and asleep before I even started this, so it won't make one lick of difference to you! I'm going to sleep...

Name: Mona Roseveil

Appearance: Mona is very much a tomboy, and one can tell just looking at her. She could easily be thought of as a pretty young girl, if she made an effort to look that way, but she doesn't, instead she has a bit more of a wild look around her. Like most Sky People, her skin is tanned darkly from their closeness to the sun, but even moreover Mona is hardly ever indoors, always out in the sun, doing something fun. She has light grey eyes, and her black hair is cut to hang just above it. At its longest, her hair reaches the lowest point of her ears, and its been so messy and unkempt so long that it just spikes off on its own.

She wears light colors, and most of her clothes fit tightly, like most Sky People's. Her favorite outfit is a set of a white tunic and tightly fit trousers, and a simple pair of sandals. not much remarkable about them, but that's what she'll be wearing, so it's worth mentioning. On her left forearm, she wears what could best be described as a soft leather bracer, laced up on the inner side of her arm. On her right wrist, she has a bracelet of beads in a repeating pattern of color: yellow, green, and blue.

Bio: As mentioned before, Mona is a tomboy and a wild child, and has been that way all her life. Born into a nomadic tribe that traveled around the largest of the islands (Skilands?), she never had a permanent home, save the tent that would pack up and set up every few days.
From the time she could walk, Mona was always playing outdoors and getting into some mischief. She was always the child that would hurt herself falling out of a tree, throw other kids into a lake when they didn't expect it, and come home late covered in dirt and mud from playing. The older she got, the more troublesome she became, her pranks became more elaborate, fights with the boys got more frequent, and she fell from even higher in the trees. She would even hold up the tribe's movements with her disappearances.
When she was eleven, on one of her usual escapades to explore the region around the tribe's current home, she had an interesting find: A young land wyvern, a large bird named so for its resemblance to the legendary predator, caught in a hunters trap. Sensing a potential debt of gratitude to be repayed in mischief partnering, Mona confidently approached the land wyvern ... and decided to re-think her strategy when she narrowly avoided having her arm bitten off by the creature.
She used some meat she took from the tribe's stores to calm the bird, while slowly showing that she wasn't a threat. It quickly warmed up to her, but was still wary, and she was soon able to get to its leg that had been caught it the trap. It was a large trap, and difficult for a little girl to open, but she finally managed to get the bird freed. Once free, the bird limped for a few steps, then fell and tried crawling, it seemed its leg was injured and it couldn't walk, or even stand to take off and fly. Mona decided to bring the bird back home to heal, and that was exactly what she did.
It quickly became apparent that her plan of sneaking an injured larger than herself into the camp was not going to work, so she simply waltzed in like nobody's business and took the bird to her tent. Anyone else, anywhere else, any half-sane tribe of nomads would have cooked the huge bird for a week's supply of meat, but the Sky People just took it in stride and helped Mona to tend to the young land wyvern's injury. Soon, it was back in good shape, it could walk, run and fly again, and it stuck by Mona, clearly knowing that it was due to her that it owed her its life, and having taken a liking to her.

Four more years, she lived normally with her pet wyvern, whom she named Fairy. Because, as much of a tomboy and wild one as she was, she was still an eleven year old girl, and wanted a pet fairy.
Now, however, Mona has been having a strange, recurring dream, and waking with a feeling of necessity and a deep knowing of something she has to do.

And I'm doing one for Fairy, because he's still kind of sort of a character, and I want to actually describe him.

Name: Fairy

Appearance: Land Wyverns, a truly fierce predator when they wish to be, but a strong companion to have, if one can be tamed. Despite being feathered birds, they bear a resemblance in appearance to the terrifying wyverns of legend, and their ability to survive just as well living on land as in the air. Large birds, land wyverns often stand between 10 and 15 feet tall, though usually appear shorter because their knees are constantly bent when on the ground. Their wingspans are typically double their height, and on the ends of their wings they have claw-like hands, with fairly dexterous fingers that have sharp, curving talons on the end. Their finger. Their knees bend backwards from a humans, and, unlike most birds, are strongly built to support them walking for long periods of time.
Land wyverns have triangular heads with mean-looking faces, and their beaks are long and thin. Again, unlike most birds, a land wyvern's beak holds two rows of sharp teeth. Land wyverns also have a notably wide vocal range, and, while not capable of human speech, can laugh, shout, and make basic noises, though with their elongated tongues and beaks, they sound eerily inhuman, fittingly.

Fairy, specifically, is twelve feet tall at his full height, but when on land he's closer to seven or eight feet. His primary feathers, covering the bulk of his body, are bright green. His secondary feathers, that mainly make up a patch on his chest and a broad stripe reaching from wingtip to wingtip, are dark yellow. His third color of feathers, which go around the lower edge of his wings and above his eyes, like eyebrows, are sea blue.

Bio: Not much to tell about Fairy. He grew up mostly on his own, being a solitary land wyvern rather than one that traveled in a flock, which isn't uncommon for them. He was walking along, looking for some game one day, when all of a sudden the ground reached up and bit him! He tried to break free, but found he only made it worse, and badly injured his leg.
He was there for an entire day before finally, a little No-Wings found him and tried to come close. He was so hungry by that point that he tried to take a bite out of the No-Wings, but it was too quick, and ran away. Poor Fairy thought he was done for, he would either starve to death or be killed by No-Wing's shiny stick. But, soon the little No-Wings from earlier returned, carrying armfuls of the best smelling meat Fairy had ever caught scent of. The No-Wings gave all the eat to Fairy, and then pried open the grounds jaws and let him loose.
The kind, gentle No-Wings helped Fairy limp his way to a No-Wings herd, where they all helped him heal and stay fed, with more of the hot, good-smelling meat. Before long, Fairy was as good as new and ready to take off, but he had grown fond of the No-Wings herd, and his kind-hearted savior in return, so he decided to join their herd and be friends with the little one, who he named Kind-Heart.
Lately, however, Fairy noticed that Kind-Heart has been sleeping with difficulty, and seemed worried when she wakes up, and he gets the feeling that his supply of hot, good-meat is about to be lessened drastically.
Oddood198

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:49 pm

*pines for free time/time management skills* :(

Unless you're committed to it I'd recommend changing the 'grass' element to either 'plant' or 'nature' just for simplicity's sake.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:29 pm

Thanks MOI, but its grass and I think I'll leave it that way. Call me funny, but its my tribute to an old friend...I believe grass is a qualified element.

Toast, I like the character. I look forward to seeing him in action.

Odd, detailed as ever XD. I love Fairy already.

Decoo, take your time. I'm waiting on some other people, so we've plenty of time yet. Well, a few days...I'm putting this off too long.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby DecooPunk » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Actually, I was thinking about it, and I don't think I should join.
DecooPunk

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:03 pm

That's okay Decoo.

Okay, I'm holding Ignis-fire element for Claec. I will attempt to start this rpg next Sunday, so the door's open for new characters till then. Speaking of, I noticed I left this out, so I'll say it here: There's a character max of 3. I'm not sure, Odd, if Fairy counts, but I suppose that's up to you.

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:11 pm

I am so sorry, I am so late. But I dread character sheets, and I really didn't know what I was doing for this one. Even now, I'm pretty much winging this, and making it up as I go. We'll see what happens.
I suddenly realize, I've had nice characters, insane characters, quiet characters, socially awkward characters, short-tempered characters and idiot characters. But I've never really had a mean character yet. Muahahaha.....

Name: Rowtag, a spirit from the seventh world
Appearance: Rowtag has dark, burnt orange hair that's a bit shaggy but fairly close cut, with brilliant orange eyes in contrast. He wears a short-sleeved brown shirt and pants of a slightly darker brown. He also has brown wristbands. He's pretty "big", with wide-set shoulders and a strong physique, but he's still lean considering his build. 6'2''
Bio: Rowtag is a feisty spirit. While not bad-tempered, he is rather obnoxious, and doesn't really seem to take other people's feelings into consideration. That said, he still takes his job as a spirit seriously, even if he is less than tactful about it. Unlike Revus, Rowtag itches to get out of the book and knock some sense into the idiots he watches. He is also the youngest and most immature of the book spirits.
Element: Ignis - Fire

Name: Kezia, a spirit from the third world
Appearance: Kezia is 5'6'' with a very light, thin build. She has long, silver gray hair that is perpetually blowing in the wind. Her eyes are a light brownish yellow, with no substance to them. When you look into them, it's as if you're looking at nothing. In fact, Kezia's very presence is hard to focus on. She wears a modest gray dress that reaches down to her ankles, with no decorations or jewelry.
Bio: In general she is quiet and seemingly shy. But anyone who tries to take advantage of her learns that she's anything but a push-over. She's not been around as long as Revus, but she's seen her share of worlds.
Element: Spiritus - Wind

Name: Daji
Appearance: Daji is 17, but small for his age. (He's not a dwarf, just smallish) He's 5'5'', with a very light, wiry build. At first glance he looks almost fragile, but he's very flexible and agile, with lean muscles that allow him to maneuver into tough positions and remain flexible despite the situation. He has dusty grey eyes and dirty blonde (almost brown) hair. It's not long, but there's a bit in the back that he often ties in a short ponytail. He wears the closest thing to cargo pants that this era has, in a dark grey hue, along with a black shirt. It's not unusual for him to go barefoot.
Bio: Daji was born and raised in the forest. The Kiilin are a very wary and secretive people, extremely group oriented. The entire tribe lives like a large family, working together to survive. Hidden within the depths of the forest, their home is a labyrinth that no one but themselves can navigate. Daji was born into this "family" 17 years ago. He's very smart and very quick, in mind as well as body. He reacts incredibly fast, and always seems to be on edge. He's very antisocial and untrusting. He doesn't get along well with anyone, including his parents. Daji spends a lot of time by himself, in the woods. As expected, he's an excellent tree climber, one of the reasons he often goes barefoot. When he's upset or frustrated (which is basically all the time), he'll spend a lot of time sitting in a tree. He constantly gets in trouble for disrespecting elders, picking fights, and shirking duties. He's always wanted to be a loner, but his instincts keep him with the Kiilin, where he knows it's safe.
Like anything and everything else he ever encountered, Daji didn't trust the dreams. At first, he wrote it off as nothing, but when it persisted, he decided it was all in his head and something to be avoided. He has spent months shoving it aside and refusing to listen to it. But now the pressure is getting to be too much, and he knows he needs to make a decision.
Personality: Simply put, Daji hates everyone and everything. He's really pessimistic and rude. The only living thing he can put up with is his pet squirrel, Esh.

Agh, this is so horrible. Please forgive me, Wolf!!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:54 am

Characters Accepted!
Alright gang, we're going to get started now. Just a final note before we begin, however...
This rpg is going to be a little different. Why? Because the ending depends entirely upon you. The choices you make during the rpg will determine whether the ending is good or not. There are three possibilities:
1. Mediocure world - well, its not utopia, but at least it isn't chaos. Guess we'll be doing this again in a few millennium.
2. Paradise - At last we can rest...thank heaven, I was getting sick of watching worlds burn.
3. Destruction - this is so bad, there's no good people left. I guess there's just one option left...*world dies, unrevived*

Sometimes the choices will be obvious, sometimes not so. Sometimes the consequences will be clear, other times not so. Be careful you don't make option 3!
That's done. I'll post the starting post in a little while.

Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Amica Song
A world in flames....destruction everywhere....
Prepare for the coming world.
Amica's eyes shot open and she sat bolt upright. Again. The dream came back again.
her body was trembling, her mind rolling from the images locked within. She glanced down at her shaking hand, then sighed and rubbed her forehead. the stone monolith stood out prominently. It looked like it was located on the plains, but she'd been everywhere. There was just no way.
"Its a weird dream," she thought aloud. "To repeat so often. Whatever is it?"
"Amica! Hey!" She glanced around to see a small group of girls come running over. The taller one with the hoop earrings leaned over, rapping her on the head with her knuckles. "Lazybones fell asleep again?" she chided teasingly. "You're gonna get left behind if you don't hurry."
Amica rolled her eyes expressively as she stood. "Unthinkable Lira. No one ever misses this festival. Its the one time of year all the tribes get together to trade."
"Come on!" one o the others said excitedly. "We have to prepare! Suppose, if we look pretty enough, we impress one of the men! I'm thinking a Kiilin would be a nice husband."
"Islander," another, darker girl replied promptly. "They are a clever people and besides, have you ever seen..." and the talk drifted.
Amica engaged, mocking some for their choices while encouraging others. She herself didn't care, she enjoyed being a kid. She'd worry about it when she was older.
The Festival of the Stars happened only once a year, on the eve of the last frost of winter. During this time, the stars could be seen falling from the sky. All the tribes gathered on the plains to meet, trade, and compete in various games. It was also a chance, some of the women believed, to try and charm a man from any tribe. The festival lasted a week, so they had to hurry. Amica thought it very silly herself. Still, it was a chance to meet a bunch of people she would otherwise never meet, so...yeah, she was looking forward to the festival.

Revus
Silence, and the deepness of sleep. Such wonderful things they were. He loved them, did Revus, and prayed they would go on forever.
But no, a light was breaking through his closed eyelids. reluctantly he opened them. He was surrounded by his brothers and sisters in bondage, all of whom were still sleeping. they were all gathered in the void that was between the pages of the Andrake; it had yet to be filled. If hew as being awakened now, then it meant that it was now time again.
He stretched, working the kinks out of his limbs, then looked about for the source of the light. After a second, he realized the tablet was facing the rising sun. "So soon," he whispered. "So quickly. Is the end really coming so soon?" He sighed resignedly. "We cannot leave the pages till the chosen awake the Andrake personally. I wish they would hurry. I want to sleep again." He watched as, slowly, the others began to stir and wake.

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:49 pm

Mona loved this, the feeling of complete freedom. No ground under her feet, nobody else around, and the only sound that could be heard was the wind shrieking past her ears. Just the sensation of falling, down, down, down, that was all there was. The wind was so strong, it forced her eyes shut, so she couldn't see her exact elevation, but by her count she'd been free falling for a few minutes now and was probably getting close to the cloud barrier. Well, now that I'm awake, it's time to start the day. She thought, putting a couple fingers to her mouth and issuing out a strong, piercing whistle.
It was faint, but a few seconds later she heard an answering shriek from some distant point in the sky, and Mona locked her fingers together and rested her head in her hands, And now I wait.
She didn't have to wait long, soon she heard the flapping of huge wings, and the cry of a monstrous predator, she forced an eye open to look up and saw the outline of a large bird diving down toward her, quickly reducing the gap in distance. Mona grinned, then stretched a hand up to the bird, and saw one of its huge wings extend down to her, those oddly shaped fingers wrapped around her hand tenderly, careful not to slice her on the razor-sharp talons that extended from them, and pulled her up. It was like Mona was rising, but really the bird was just falling faster than her, and as it passed her she grabbed a handful of feathers on its back and held on, then maneuvered her legs closer to sit on the bird. Once she was safely seated, the bird's wings flared outward and filled with air, sending them soaring back up higher into the sky.
Once they had stabilized and bird began gliding leisurely, it glanced back and let out a wordless shout that sounded halfway between an eagle's shriek and a lion's roar.
Mona smiled, "Good morning to you too, Fairy." She said, petting the massive bird's neck. She felt something like purring deep in it's throat, and she thought, not for the first time, that Fairy could be strangely like a housecat at times, despite being one of the most fierce predators nature had put in the sky.
Fairy did that very odd face he made that Mona interpreted as a smile, though it was hard to tell because, obviously, he couldn't bend his beak in any shape. Fairy spoke out in a few squawks and distorted humanoid sounds, but through their years together Mona had learned to interpret his 'words' fairly well, although she was glad he seemd to understand her just fine, most of the time.
Mona chuckled, "Yes, yes, I remember what today is, hard not to with all the preperations that have been going on for the past two months." Today was the beginning of the festival. THE festival. The sole annual event where people from all the lands of the continent gathered in one place, for trade, games, and general merrymaking. Mona loved the festival, and the sense of adventure with it, all the diverse people, the things to do, things to see, mischief to stir up, she wished they would have these annual events twice a year.
Fairy said something else, which had a noticeably less chipper effect on Mona. Her shoulders sagged and she let out a deep sigh, "Yeah, yeah we should get back now. They'll need us to help set up." For the past few years, Mona, and moreso Fairy, had been a large part of the final preparations for the festival, specifically getting it down from the islands. Fairy was the only Land Wyvern in their tribe, and one of the biggest birds in general, so he was used quite a bit to carry things up and down between the surface and the island.
Fairy's wings tilted slightly, and Mona felt them changing direction, going toward the islands. She sighed again, "Well, best get it over with quickly, so we can get to looking around down there before the festival officially starts."

Before very long, they were back above the island, circling the village. Mona looked down and saw they already had stacks of boxes, piles of sacks, and what seemed like thousands of miscellaneous little objects that didn't properly fit into any category. "Well, lets get started." Mona said, and Fairy angled them downward.
As Fairy got close to the ground and started flapping his wings quickly and coming down to land, Mona jumped off his side and landed on her feet, running a couple steps to keep from falling. An older woman waved to get her attention, "Mona! Thank goodness you're finally here, we need-"
Mona raised her hand to interrupt, "I know, I know. Start getting the first load to Fairy, we'll head down soon as I get some breakfast." She said.
"Oh, don't worry, we made sure to get your breakfast together quickly for you, and you can even eat it while you fly, so you can go right away." The woman said, handing a bag of assumedly food to Mona, who took it, grimacing.
"Hooray for me." She thought, taking a carrot and munching on it.
Oddood198

Postby IStoleYourToast » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Siilver trudged back into his house, which was basically just a shack built on the outer edge of the tribe. After a long night out he was weary, covered in sand, and just wanted to sleep. His body was in the same state as his mind because the of the tole of sand-surfing, his favorite past time, had on his body but the thoughts plaguing his mind didn't help his mental state. Siilver took the cloth around his head off and threw it onto a stuck that had been stuck in the ground and was sticking straight up that was his coat-rack so to speak, and shook out the sand that had worked its way into his hair. As he flopped down onto his bed, sending some dirt and sand into the air at the time, he let out a tired sigh and looked up at the sunlight that was working its way in through his window. Just a few hours of sleep would be enough to get him through most of the day and as he closed his tired, silver eyes waiting to accept the darkness a voice spoke up
"Wake up you lazy bum. You're wasting time just sleeping throughout the day."
His eyes then flew upon after he heard the voice. 'Please don't let it be him.' thought Siilver as he groaned slightly and adjusted his position to see who was at his door. The short shaggy black hair, bright green eyes, and blood red bandana tied around his forehead only confirmed that it was who Siilver did not want to see.
"What do you want Phoinix?" he asked before laying back down on his stomach, resting his head and his arms. Phoinix, the only guy who managed to get Siilver to treat as a normal human being. Not in a good way, they both hated each other and Phoinix had a way of just being present that annoyed Siilver greatly. Despite them openly showing how much they loathed each other every time they seemed to cross paths, the fellow tribesmen only seemed to think of this as they way they showed their friendship. How could they be so naive? is what they both wondered all the time.
Phoinix glared at Siilver before smirking and saying, " Just get up and do something useful. We could always use a couple of extra hands this time of year, not that it would make a difference considering its you." Oh that comment struck a nerve in Siilver, but he didn't have the energy to fight verbally right now or physically for that matter.
"I was up late last night, "said Siilver, "and I'll be up in a few hours."
Phoinix laughed at Siilver. He could suspect why he was out, but like everyone else they didn't care about it. "Really now, was that dream haunting you again?" he mocked, "that such a lame excuse so you can just go out and do whatever in the cover of darkness." After that Phoinix left leaving Siilver to sigh in relief. Finally he could get the rest he needed and Phoinix was right for saying that dream had been haunting him, plaguing his mind as he tried to sleep. Normally Siilver would deal with this by clearing his mind through various activities through the night, sleeping through the most of the day, as this was the case, but as he closed his tired eyes again, welcoming the darkness that awaited, that dream was the only thing there to welcome him this time.
IStoleYourToast

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Daji
"Daji! Daji, come down here this instant!"
Who ratted me out? Daji thought to himself as he sat perched high in an oak tree, one hand resting lazily on the branch above him as he stared down at the figure on the ground. She hadn't spotted him yet, but she was craning her neck back and looking around in the trees, searching for any sign of movement. Luckily, Daji happened to be wearing a green cloak that blended perfectly with the hue of the oak leaves, but even the slightest movement would catch her hawk-eye attention. It was just Daji's luck that Terra, of all people, was the one sent to look for him. As for how she knew where he was, he could only assume that Kirt, who had been gathering mushrooms nearby, had seen him heading this direction and watched him climb a nearby hemlock. But what Kirt didn't know was that Daji had then preceded to travel from tree to tree, until he was a good 100 yards from the hemlock. Daji shook his head. Seventeen years, and still no one knew anything about him. What was the point? He didn't even belong here.
"If you don't get down here and help with the preparations, you won't be able to attend the festival!"
And that's supposed to motivate me? Daji sighed, wishing she would just go and leave him alone. He wanted some peace and quiet. All the excitement and fuss about the festival just made everything more hectic and distasteful for Daji. Not to mention people expected more interaction from him. And actually going to the festival? He shuddered at the thought. All those people, all that activity, so much social interaction. He could die at the thought of it.
The festival. It was the one time of the year that the reclusive Kiilin came out of the woods and interacted with the other tribes. If not for the festival, it was likely that the rest of the world would suspect that the Kiilin had gone extinct. In spite of themselves, the Kiilin adopted almost a different personality altogether at the time of the festival. Abandoning their caution and wariness, they became very social and friendly, interacting as much as any other tribe and having a grand old time. Some of the older members might still cast furtive glances around or gather in groups, keeping their belongings close to them at all times, but otherwise their true nature was hidden. The younger Kiilin, on the other hand, itched to get out and see the world that was otherwise so far out of their reach. Many Kiilin girls dreamed of the day they might find a husband from another tribe and get out of the prison of Ylith Forest. For the young men, it was an opportunity for adventure and excitement, and a chance to satisfy their intense curiosity about the world.
All except Daji, that is. Daji was perfectly content to remain in the forest and never venture anywhere at all. The trees felt safe and comfortable, wrapping their arms around him and shielding him from everything unpleasant. He welcomed the idea of all the Kiilin leaving, if only they would leave him with it. He had no desire to go to the festival at all, and even dreaded it. Last time he'd been swarmed by girls from all over (particularly plains people) all asking him questions and acting incredibly strange. It unnerved him, and desperately pressed on his personal space. Out in the open, surrounded by people and flat ground, he had no retreat, and could only stand there feeling exposed and uncomfortable. And it was even worse that he was expected to actually participate.
Daji stiffened as Terra's head swiveled around. His sigh of exasperation had caught her attention, and she was scanning the trees in his general area. Daji started sweating profusely, not even daring to breathe. Finally, Terra gave up, turning around and giving her own sigh of exasperation. Daji dared to breathe again, dropping his head.
That was too close.
"DAJI!" Terra's earsplitting shriek cut through the forest, sending a handful of birds flying in all direction. It was halfway between the sound of a dying rabbit and the cry of a hawk as it honed in on its prey. Daji jumped out of his skin, and his sweaty palm slipped off the branch above him. He jolted forward, and with a cry of surprise, he hurtled toward the ground. From the high branches of the oak tree, he had time to maneuver his body so he landed on his back, but all the same, the force knocked every inch of air out of his body. Everything hurt, and he couldn't move.
"Finally," an irritating voice sounded over his head, and Daji looked up to see Terra standing over him, her hands on her hips.
"That...was a dirty trick..." Daji croaked, putting a hand to his forehead to stop the spinning. "You know, I can't really go to the festival if I'm dead."
"Well, that wouldn't be much of a loss," Terra retorted, straightening up and crossing her arms. "Besides, I'm not lucky enough for a fall like that to kill you."
Daji sighed, pushing himself up with his hands. Kirt, the only boy Daji's age who he could even stand to be around, had once told Daji that Terra liked him, but he couldn't imagine how anyone could come to that conclusion. And on Daji's end of it, he hated Terra, and he was happy for it to be that way. Not that any girl had ever caught his eye.
"Why do I have to go?" Daji groaned, slowly standing up. He almost wished something was broken, so he could make Terra feel bad for it. "It's not like it's important or anything."
"Of course it's important!" Terra exclaimed in that annoying high-pitched voice of hers. "It's our way of keeping in touch with the rest of the world, and keeping peace!"
"And what exactly has the rest of the world ever done for us?" Daji grumped. "We get along fine without them; or at least I do."
Terra humphed, turning on her heel. "Well, of course you do. Sometimes I think you'd be happy if the rest of us were all gone."
Well, I can't disagree with you. Daji didn't dare say it out loud, knowing that she'd take it right back to his parents. Then he'd never hear the end of it.
But as Terra stormed off, saying something about Daji making sure he did his fair share of the work and didn't try to ditch the festival, Daji stood frozen for a second, a scene flashing across his mind. That red sky...flames of destruction...
Daji shook his head. For just an instant, he'd felt guilty for thinking about life without the Kiilin, when those dreams haunted him night after night. But he laughed the feeling off. It didn't matter, it wasn't like that was actually going to happen. No, he was stuck with his people for the rest of his life, whether he liked it or not. It didn't matter anyways, as long as he had Ylith Forest.
But in spite of his efforts to push it aside, it was getting increasingly hard to truly ignore it these days. And an ever growing part of Daji knew that it wasn't just a dream...Whatever it was, it was real, and it was serious. Daji needed to get his act together and figure out what to do. Stone monolith?
A chill wind made Daji shudder, but not a leaf stirred in the still forest. Rubbing his arms, Daji hurried after Terra, pushing the thoughts aside once more.

Rowtag
Rowtag's sleep was fitful. He couldn't make anything of it. Being the youngest spirit, he didn't know what it meant to be awakened from this deep sleep he'd found himself in. It was a good sleep, but even in the depths of it, he was restless. As comfortable as it was, he felt no love for the sense of inactivity. So when light started to break into his consciousness, he welcomed it, trying to force his eyes open. Finally, he worked his way out of the grogginess, surveying his surroundings. Revus was already awake, it seemed, and everyone else was waking, too. Rowtag stretched his arms, letting out a loud, obnoxious yawn.
"Well, that was long," he groaned mid-stretch. "Thought I'd never wake up."

Kezia
Kezia felt the familiar nagging as the light tugged at her vision. Slowly and delicately, she opened her eyes.
"Yet again," she said quietly, a bit sorrowfully. "Will this ever end?"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:33 pm

Amica Song
"I remember last year's festival," one girl said dreamily. "There was this one Kiilin boy...he's one of the coolest guys ever, but he needed a severe attitude adjustment."
"Like someone else we know," one of the other girls, a vicious chit named Calla, snidely remarked as she cast a sidelong glance at Amica.
Amica bit her tongue to keep from replying, but she was surprised when Lira commented, "She's not too bad, she just needs to grow up some more."
"I don't need to chase boys to grow up," Amica thought grumpily. "Stupid girls..."
The girls went off to dress, Amica ran to the wagons. She liked helping out with the set-up and unloading, much more than primping.
Drafting herself into helping move things,. she went to work with a will. As she worked, her thoughts returned to her dream. The sense of urgency was increasing, and she knew she needed to do something soon. But what, that was the problem. Finding the monolith was important, she knew that right off. She just needed some time to look around.
Well, there'd be time once the festival was over. She glanced up, noting the sun's position; it was high in the sky. The other tribes would begin to show when the sun neared its setting.

Revus
Revus glanced with some distaste at Rowtag. "Too long" he said. Once he'd been around for eight worlds or so, he'd understand entirely the reluctance to wake. He glanced at Kezia with a little more sympathy. "Yes," he said quietly. "I almost wish they'd just destroy themselves and be done with it."
"Cold words, Revus," Domain, an earth spirit, rebuked him. "Fools, yes, they are, but there are people worthy of salvation."
Revus contained a grimace. Domain was only a world-span younger, but he still held the belief. Well, he was right, since the Andrake was appearing at all, but the humans were such fools.
"Is everyone awake now?" Revus asked instead, changing the subject. "We need to talk a little. While yes, the world has surely changed since it was born, we must review what we remember." He glanced around, then said, "This world has lived only twenty-five centuries. Does that not strike you as surprisingly early?"

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:23 am

OOC:
Wolfsong wrote:"There was this one Kiilin boy...he's one of the coolest guys ever, but he needed a severe attitude adjustment."

Oh, it's on.

Daji
"Daji, where do you think you're going?"
Daji sighed, slinking back to the house. He'd hoped his father wasn't paying attention, but he'd obviously been expecting Daji to try to escape.
"You're not allowed out of my sight until we're at the festival. There is no way you're skipping out."
"Why does it matter? No one will miss me."
"That's not the point," his father countered, looking perturbed. "It's a tradition, and you must attend. I've had enough of your backtalk. Whether you like it or not, you are a Kiilin, and you're expected to act like it."
"Yeah, whatever," Daji grumbled, carrying a container of who knew what. This was stupid.
"I just want this whole stupid festival to be over."

Kezia
"Yes, that does seem strange..." Kezia mused. "But I don't know what it means. What are your thoughts, Revus?"

Rowtag rubbed his head, obviously trying to think. But then he shrugged.
"What does it matter? I mean, if it's time it's time. Why do we have to worry about it?"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:13 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Oh, it's on.

Sure thing Claec.

Amica Song
The other tribes were arriving. The Nekali and Aero were already gathered and prepared, and someone was shouting that they could see the Islanders coming.
Amica felt elated, the worries of earlier gone and buried. She was watching the Nekali setting up stalls, sporting various goods from shell jewelry to various sea foods. The Nekali boasted of strong, capable seamen, and the womenfolk tended to be the craftsmen. Still, the roles reversed just as easily. Amica wasn't quite sure how it worked, but that added to the intrigue and attraction.
The Aero were even more standoffish than the Kiilen from Ylith. Living in the peaks that vanished into the clouds, they were as mysterious and interesting as the Islanders, who some believed were mystics.
Amica sighed. She wished the tribes weren't so separate and aloof. It would be so cool to talk to someone interesting and different. Not the Nekali, her tribe sometimes met and traded when they passed. Someone from Aero, or the desert Saramond. An Islander would be really, really cool.
"The Kiilin are arriving!" She heard someone shout. Quickly, she ran to see. Some of the girls were already there, watching eagerly. Amica rolled her eyes. Silly...
"Hey look!" one of the girls, the one from earlier said. "Its that Kiilin boy from last year!" She looked so eager, Amica instantly felt sorry for him. He didn't seem much older than she was...
"What are you doing her? Shouldn't you be p[laying with the other children?"
Amica grimaced, then turned to glare at Calla. "You're even more immature than a boy!' she retorted quickly.
"I'm sure you're the expert in immaturity." Chuckling, the other girl turned away.
A serious mistake on her part, as Amica reacted the only way she could. They happened to be near one of the wagons, where the wheels had opened up wet, nasty dirt, which had from yesterday's rain gone muddy and squishy. Amica dropped down, picked up an entire handful, and slung it at her enemy, hitting her on the back of the head.
The other girl screamed, and Amica suddenly realized what exactly she just did. Taking the one option she could see, she started running, away from the girls, away from the wagons, away from the tribes. She had covered a lot of distance before tripping on uneven ground. She shook her head, pushing herself till she was upright again. She stared at the sky, watching the sun set.
Great. She'd just proven Calla right. What's more, a lot of people, probably including some of the Kilin, had seen her do it. What an embarrassment. Event he thought of Calla's mud-plastered hair ruining her night for man-hunting couldn't cheer Amica up. Face red, she started crying, one tear after another.
"I'm...so....STUPID!" she half-shouted. It didn't matter so much, did it? She'd just avoid the Kiilin and her own people as much as she could. Of course, that chit wouldn't forget, but it wouldn't matter when she didn't have to worry about presenting good manners in front of the other tribes.

Revus
He glanced at Rowtag with disgust. Still, he wasn't exactly wrong. But Revus felt in his soul that there was something wrong. He wished he could put facts and words to it.
"This world, as you may recall, was crafted by people of Rowtag's world." He inclined his head briefly to Rowtag. "They chose to create humans, with few powers of their own, but a strong creativity. Remember, they may have found powers like of the past, so be prepared for anything.
"The world itself is very simple, being a single continent surrounded by water. Again, we must remember that things have certainly changed int the time between our awakening and the creation of this world. There was a forest, desert, plains, shores and mountains, as well as islands so different in internal construction that they defy gravity's pull to an extent."
He rubbed his forehead, thinking. "Any questions or concerns?" he asked.

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:22 pm

"There it is, Fairy!" Mona shouted above the wind as the site of the festival came into view. She could already see several stalls and tents and other festival things set up, and caravans of other tribes were closing in on the area. "Let's see, looks like the Aero are here, and it looks like the Johand are already there -of course, it's their plain- I think that the Ylith getting in there, too, and those guys look like Nekali." She said, pointing to each group as she saw them. "Well, let's go ahead and tell them the Islanders are here, eh?" She said, smirking as she patted Fairy on the neck.
Fairy chuckled in a manner that sounded more like a quiet cackle, then folded his wings in, tilting down for a nosedive toward the festival. Mona squeezed in close to Fairy's back, staying as low as she could to reduce the wind resistance. When they got closer, Mona saw people pointing at them, probably trying to figure out what they were doing, and she grinned wider.
They plummeted down further, closer to the ground, closer, closer, closer, until finally she could see the alarmed faces of the people below as the started to move out of the way. "Now!" Mona shouted, and Fairy unfurled his wings, immediately catching the air and cushioning their descent, but when Fairy's clawed feet hit the ground the still did so in an instantaneous explosion of mud and dirt. As soon as they had properly landed, Fairy extended his huge wings and shrieked up at the sky, an amazingly loud, ear-piercing cry that echoed across the plains.
Mona looked down at the ground, and saw all the people nearby were looking on with a mix of awe and shock, and they were gathering attention from all over the festival area. She grinned ear to ear, "Hey, land people! The Sky People are here!!" She announced with a surprisingly powerful voice, one did learn to shout when they spent all day in the howling wind the islands got. Mona waved down at the spectators, a few of whom were now smiling an waving back, or scowling at the pair for scaring them, but most were still just stunned. "I think we made a good first impression." She said to Fairy.
Oddood198

Postby IStoleYourToast » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:27 pm

Siilver yawned as he rode in on the back of a wagon in the end he hadn't gotten much sleep, but there would be plenty of time for that later. He needed to help set things up and figure out the best ways to just blend in and not stand out, as that was one of his fears, standing out. A loud shriek quickly brought him to full alert and he snapped his head to look in the direction the sound had come from. "Oh." was all he said when he saw the large bird wyvern that had made the sound and the shout that told him and everyone who heard that the Sky People had officially arrived. "Yeah I could never announce my presence like that." he thought chuckling to himself before pulling on a string to help straighten out a tent.
After managing to successfully make his way to a more isolated place he decided to just lay down and stare at the sky. It was a nice change to be out of the blistering heat of the desert and even the wet ground was pleasant after you've spent your whole life surrounded by dry sand, lots and lots of sand. Maybe a change in surrounding an atmosphere would be good, if there only wasn't so many people. Nothing Siilver could do about it though. He could hear that voice in the back of his head telling him to 'Be a man and just tough it out.' oh how it was easier said than done, especially for someone who isn't all to great at dealing with people. "I hope this festival goes by quickly." he muttered to himself still staring up into the sky.
IStoleYourToast

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Daji
"Um...Terra?" Daji asked with a hint of irritation.
"What?" The girl responded curtly, scowling at him.
"What are you doing? Let go of me."
Terra instantly released her grip on Daji's arm, jumping back a few feet as she squeaked.
"It's...don't...shut up!" She yelled throwing a hand out to smack him. Daji ducked as her palm whizzed past his head.
"You're such a girl," he said, brushing off his sleeve.
"I said shut up!" She screeched again. "You were scared too, admit it!"
"Liar," Daji spat, walking away quickly. In the confusion, he hoped no one would notice the box that he'd dropped, breaking the contents. Hopefully someone else would get blamed for it. Besides, it wasn't his fault. It had slipped when he'd jumped out of his skin. Stupid sky people...
Recovering quickly from the sudden entrance, Daji walked in the opposite direction, refusing to give whoever the rider was the satisfaction of seeing his surprise. He hated being caught off guard.
"Where do you think you're going?" A hand clamped down on Daji's shoulder, and he flinched as he turned to see his father towering over him.
"I..." Daji gritted his teeth, looking around desperately. A little ways off he saw a group of Johand girls, all giggling over something ridiculous. One of them was looking straight at him, too. Creepy...
Then Daji's face lit up. This was his chance.
"I...um..." Daji lowered his head, trying to look embarrassed. "I...saw those girls over there...and..."
Daji looked up at his dad with what he hoped was a pleading expression.
"I wanted to go say hi!"
"Wha-" The older man let go of Daji's shoulder, a look of shock on his face. But then his expression hardened and he glared at Daji again.
"What are you talking about? That's not like you at all."
"Well, maybe I'm changing!" Daji barked, but then remembered the delicacy of the situation, and tried to look pitiful again. "I just...you're always saying I need to get along with people better, and now I'm trying. Can't you give me some credit?"
Daji's dad sighed, staring hard at Daji.
Please, please, just take it already, Daji begged silently, giving him a hopeful look.
"Fine," he finally said, patting Daji on the shoulder. "But be back in five minutes."
"Thanks!" Daji smiled brightly, turning quickly toward the group. As soon as his back was turned he was scowling again, and practically marched toward the girls. They looked overly excited to see him coming, and he cringed. He risked a glance over his shoulder, to find that his father was watching with his hands on his hips. Daji whipped his head around again, ducking down low as if to hide.
What did I get myself into?
"Um...hi!" Daji offered, but in an instant his nerves snapped. A girl stepped toward him with a warm smile, and opened her mouth to speak.
"Don't bother," Daji cut her off sharply, glaring at her. "I don't have time for the likes of you. Girls sicken me."
The girl gasped, then instantly broke down crying, her friends rallying around her to comfort her. A couple shouted something harsh at him, but Daji ingored it. What he didn't ignore was the sound of his father's voice shouting at him. So much for that...
Daji didn't bother looking around, but shoved a girl aside roughly, rushing past her and diving into the crowd. He ignored the shouts, and kept on running until he broke free of the crowd and was sprinting across the plain. After awhile he stopped running, bending over with his hands planted on his knees as he gasped for breath.
"I'm...alive..." he gasped. Though what was going to happen when his father found him wasn't something he wanted to think about. "Alive" wouldn't last very long, that much was certain. "Stupid festival..."
"I'm...so....STUPID!" Daji jerked up, looking in the direction the voice came from. There, a little ways off, sat a girl, probably about his age, and it looked like she might be crying. On closer inspection, Daji recognized the girl he'd gotten a laugh out of when he watched her throw mud at another girl. Maybe someone like that wasn't all bad...
Daji's first reaction was to walk away, but what was he going to do alone on the plains? He was totally out of his element, and there was no point wandering around aimlessly. Besides, maybe he'd get some extra points with his parents if he actually did interact with someone.
And so it was that Daji found himself heading toward the girl, uncertain what he was going to do or say.
"So...how do you survive without trees around here?" He asked gruffly, assuming that was a suitable way to start a conversation.

Kezia
Kezia nodded, taking in everything Revus was saying.
"Well, it doesn't sound like much out of the ordinary, except it being so short. What are your thoughts, Revus?"
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:55 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:"Um...hi!" Daji offered, but in an instant his nerves snapped. A girl stepped toward him with a warm smile, and opened her mouth to speak.
"Don't bother," Daji cut her off sharply, glaring at her. "I don't have time for the likes of you. Girls sicken me."

This ain't over yet Claec ;)

Amica Song
She was surprised when she heard a voice behind her, a guy's voice, asking how she survived without trees. She glanced back, and yes, it was a Kiilin. Upon closer inspection, she realized it was the guy that girl had pointed out, the one with the abrasive tongue. She was surprised he had come to talk to her. Then again, maybe it was just with those idiot females, but she wasn't sure yet what to make of him. Then again, if he had seen her hurl that mudball....
Calm. She;'d give him the benefit of the doubt until he'd proven otherwise.
"Easily. How do you survive with them?" she asked, turning. Something caught her eye and she realized that some of the younger boys had begun a mudfight, laughing and having the greatest time. Some of the Kiilin even had joined, giving her a small sense of relief. However, her thoughts were both dismayed and mischievously thrilled. "Did I really start that?"
He didn't seem so bad. Maybe he'd actually have some decent conversation to offer.

Revus
He glanced at Kezia, then replied frankly, "I feel something malevolent in the world, stronger than anything I have ever encountered." He shook his head. "Everything inside me screams against coming out again, and yet...this is what we are to do. If we fail in our mission, then the world is definitely condemned, so then..."
"Revus," Celcium, an ice spirit, smirked scornfully. "You would depress a hyena." Revus straightened abruptly and angrily, but the ice spirit only laughed it off. "Seriously you old fogy, you'd rather sit back and watch the world die anyway. Excuse me if I choose not to listen to you."
Revus stared at him a long moment, then said quietly, "Fine then, when the Chosen come, go out unprepared and undefended like the fool you are. When the malevolence comes, do not expect me to watch for you."
"Yeah, whatever." He turned away, facing the others. "I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to seeing the world again!"
Revus watched a moment, then turned away, staring upwards, letting his senses override his vision so that he could look beyond. He couldn't actually see anything outside the book, but he could feel the essences of the things around them. The malevolence was there, waiting, and its presence chilled him. He feared what it meant, what it could be.
"I won't be able to properly use my senses until we're out of the Andrake. Chosen hurry..."

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Daji
Daji looked at the girl as if he'd been struck. What did she mean? How could living with trees possibly be difficult? They were..safe, and useful, and fun, and a good way to get away from people. On the plain, you were exposed and endangered, to enemies and allies alike.
"That's stupid. What do you do when something's chasing you? Run till your legs fall off?"

Rowtag
Rowtag smirked. He didn't really like Celcium all that much, but he couldn't help but agree with him. He was itching to get out and see what was going on. He felt so closed in.
"So, when exactly do we get out of here," he asked no one in particular. He was still really new at this.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:09 pm

Amica Song
"Of course not!" she scoffed. "We're renowed for our horses, remember? With those splendid mounts, we can outrun/outfight any of the creatures of the plains. Who needs a silly tree?"
She paused a moment, then said thoughtfully, "Though...a tree might be a fine place to hide when you wanted to get away from people. The plains don't offer much for hiding, unless you like digging." She shrugged. "But I'd rather be here than in a forest." She gave him a very direct look. "I suppose you would prefer to hide while others save your sorry hide, don't you?" She knew she was being rude, but she didn't care.

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Daji
Daji was angry, but he wasn't about to let on that she'd riled him up.
"Ha, let others save me? That sounds like a cowards way. I suppose your one of those wimps who believes in "teamwork"." Daji crossed his arms.
"Yeah, no. I don't depend on anyone else for anything. If there's anybody I'm willing to hide from, it's those jerks that pretend to be my friends and family; the people that think they're strong enough to save me from anything."
I'm tired of not belonging anywhere. Daji didn't say that out loud. He wasn't about to start moaning about his life in front of some random girl.
"So do you make it a habit of throwing mud at people and throwing insults out to visitors? As the hosts of this thing, I would've expected the Johand to be a bit more hospitable. But you're as hopeless as me."
We might even get along. Daji definitely wasn't going to say that out loud.

Kezia
Kezia watched Revus. She could tell he was deep in thought, and although he'd explained a bit of it, he was more worried than he let on. Her brow creased with worry, and she concentrated her senses, trying to feel the presence he was talking about. Yes...it was there. But what did it mean?
"Revus," she said quietly, stepping apart from the others. "What do you think? Is there anything we can do to prepare?"
When will the chosen arive?
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Amica Song
Amica gasped, shocked, but even more so when he started jibing at her. For a second, she felt really bad, but her anger quickly overrode her feelings there. Leaping to her feet with her fists clenched, she spoke in almost a shout.
"You're no better a guest! Don't you DARE compare me to you, you stupid smug brat! I'll bet your own people care no more for you than you do for them! I'll bet anything they'd rather you didn't hang around! Heck, why do you hang around, since you hate them so?" She smiled darkly. "Bet you're all talk and nothing to show. You stupid boy, you're no better than the fool girl I hit with that mudball!"
She instantly dropped, wrapping her fist around a clump of dirt. No where near as good as mud, but it would do. Instantly, she swung and threw it fast, shouting, "Get away from me, you tree-hiding freak!"

Revus
He glanced at Kezia, then smiled softly. "I think the best we can do is be on our guard," he said, not outright saying 'thank you for listening' but conveying it in his tone and gaze. "I don't know what it is, and there's no way I can put a name to it without a more extensive search." He shook his head. "I hope the Chosen come soon..."

Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Daji
A vein popped out on Daji's forhead as the girl started screaming at him. He wanted nothing more than to crush her. Then she struck right home with her comments about him and the Kiilin. That hit the most tender nerve he had, and all he could do was stand there in shock as she totally pegged him and brought his worst frustrations and problems to the surface.
He snapped out of it just in time to throw an arm up in defense as a shower of dirt came flying toward him. It pelted him, mixing in his dusty hair and going down his shirt. Daji gritted his teeth till he thought they would break. In an instant, he lashed out and grabbed her arm with a vice grip.
"Maybe if you'd grow up and learn some respect you wouldn't come across as so stupid!" He said harshly. "And don't ever talk to me about hate again; you don't know the first thing about hate!"
Daji stared into her eyes for a moment, the most ferocious, loathing look he'd ever given anyone, then roughly released her arm, spinning around and running off. He didn't look back, just kept running till he ran into another group of people. The desert people, by the looks of it. Or whatever part of them hadn't mingled with everyone else. Well, it didn't matter. As long as no one here knew him, he'd be free to do what he wanted. Maybe later he'd go back out on the plain, but he didn't want to risk running into that girl again. And he didn't want to be anywhere near the Kiilin or those stupid Johand girls from earlier.
"This is the stupidest day ever," Daji grumbled. "I just wish it was over..."

Kezia/Rowtag
Kezia nodded to Revus in understanding.
"Yes, I wish they would come too," she whispered softly. Though she enjoyed her rest, once she was awake she couldn't stand to be so helpless. They had to do something, especially if Revus was worried.

"Hey, what's the deal?" Rowtag grumbled, irritated that no one was answering him or paying attention. He could only feel like he was being ignored because he was the new guy and not worth acknowledging.
"Whatever..." Rowtag crossed his arms, humphing.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:37 pm

While they worked on unloading the boxes from Fairy, the massive bird suddenly perked up and looked out toward the vast, featureless plain. Mona looked up at him curiously, "What is it, Fairy, hear something?" The giant bird nodded, then pointed a taloned hand out in the direction he was looking. Mona looked, but couldn't see anything, then climbed on Fairy's back for a better vantage point. From there, she could vaguely see a couple of people out there, having what looked like a heated argument, it looked like they were about to come to blows, the boy even grabbed the girl and Mona thought he was about to really put the hurt on her, then he just pushed her away and started running.
"I couldn't hear any of that, what was it all about?" She asked Fairy, who had much sharper hearing than a human. Fairy shrugged his large shoulders, then said something resembling 'loukgesh shraut'. "Lover's spat?" Mona repeated, "I dunno, maybe." She looked down and saw them untying the last crate from Fairy's leg, and she grinned mischievously, "Hey, wanna go bug the guy?" She asked. Fairy looked hesitant, until Mona reminded him "It's either that, or go back to the island for another load." at which point Fairy nodded, making an affirmative sound and pointing toward the boy, who seemed to be trying to mingle with some desert folk.
Fairy walked over to the group nonchalantly, and, aside from a few odd looks, was not acknowledged. He started following the boy they had spotted, who still looked to be a bit fuming. Fairy stayed back a few steps, but stretched his long neck out so his beak was almost touching the boy's shoulder, and he started moving his head side to side as he followed the boy, waiting to see how long it would take for him to notice. On Fairy's back, Mona was barely holding in laughter.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Daji
Motion out of the corner of his eye caught Daji's attention. For a second he ignored it as he walked, but then without warning he stopped short and whipped around, only to feel a painful impact as his head connected with something hard.
"Ow!" He cried out, clutching his head as he stared at his attacker. Daji jumped back, letting out a startled cry, then quickly recomposed himself as he took in the sight. So it was that irritating wyvern thing from earlier. Of course this would happen to him. Of all things...
"What do you want?" Daji snapped, glaring at the rider. Great, another girl... "If you're here to confess to me, you can forget it." Daji almost felt bad about starting out so gruff, but he'd wasted all his polite first impressions for the day. Now he just wanted to be left alone.
Deep breath, Daji. You've already dug yourself an incredibly deep grave. Don't do anything else to get yourself killed when Dad finds you.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:02 pm

Amica Song
"Oh, and I bet you know everything about hate!" she shouted at him. "You've no right to call me stupid, you're no better than a mule!"
She was actually kinda scared by the intense hate in his gaze, but she would have sooner died than admit it. When he started running, she shouted after him, "Yeah, get away, you worthless brat! Maybe you'll find a wagon to hide behind, since we poor nomads have no worthless trees!"
However, deep inside, she felt really, really bad. She'd just thoroughly insulted a guest...rude or not, she shouldn't have done that. She sighed glumly. "I can't tell anyone about this...oh my gosh." She slapped her forehead, groaning. "I'm so stupid...hmm?"
She glanced up, having the strange sensation of being watched. She glanced around, then spotted a figure standing near by. She felt, for a moment, fearful that he had seen that whole episode with that boy. "Um, h-hello," she stammered. "I'm sorry, of what tribe are you? No, never mind that, come I can help you get settled."
"Oh, thank you, but no," the person replied, walking over. He wore clothing like the Islanders, but his skin was pale like the Nekali. He had dark hair, and his clothing was a deep maroon. "If you don't mind my saying so, you look as though you need some sort of guidance yourself."
Now that was rude. She struggled not to fire up again. "Okay, so maybe I'm not the best-behaved girl in the camp-"
"They don't appreciate your fire," he said musingly. She paused, staring. He eyed her with interest. "I can't see...its too soon yet. Are you or aren't you?"
"W-what?" she took a step back. "Who are you?"
He glanced at her, then smiled softly. "Forgive me, I was thinking aloud. There is always so much to worry about." He was walking toward her, and getting pretty close. She shrank back, but he was coming up to quickly. He reached up, touching her forehead. He just stood there like there, still, and she started with her eyes wide. Suddenly, he smiled. "Fine child. Here," he suddenly handed her a small sweet from his pocket. "Enjoy the fun," he said, then walked away.
She stood there in a daze, then shouted, "Wait, who are-" but he was gone. She stared for a while, then shook her head.
Suddenly, she felt something, a pull like none she'd felt before. She glanced around, then started walking, following the feeling. Where was it leading her...

Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:21 pm

Mona immediately straightened up when the boy turned around, wiping the smirk off her face as quick as she could. She was almost surprised that the boy was so abrupt right out of the ate, but she supposed she should have expected it after the argument she had seen him in. Although, something the boy said did give her an idea that seemed like fun...
Trying her best to look shocked and hurt, Mona leaned back and covered her mouth with a hand, widening her eyes and gasping deeply. "I... I'm sorry..." She said, blinking rapidly, Come on, tears! Come on, tears! She thought, and after a few hard blinks she could feel moisture being forced to her eyes. "It's just... I've seen you at the festivals before this one, and I... I always wanted to tell you how I felt..." This was, of course, utter nonsense. Mona could hardly remember seeing this boy at the previous festival, much less the one before that, but she figured it must have been a safe gamble considering everyone was always here. "I-I only just managed to get the courage to... I'm... sorry!" Right there, on Fairy's back, Mona burst into tears, crying loudly and incessantly. She was almost impressed she could pull this off, she had never been a great actor, but she was particularly proud of this performance, and having a use for her forced tears was nice, too.
Fairy turned his head back to look at Mona, then took on a saddened expression himself. He turned back ahead and looked at he boy in a rather accusatory manner. Whether the bird could tell she was acting or not was anyone's guess.
Oddood198

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying