Jaguar: The Hunt Begins.

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: Jaguar: The Hunt Begins.

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:58 am

Hari lifted her head, taking in Saber coming in with a little boy. For a sec, she felt a softening pity for the kid. But she had to keep up the ruse, and no man would let a girly emotion through.
"A job, eh?" was what she said. She turned to look at the kid. "So what's the deal?"
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby drill » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:43 pm

"So, we have a rescue mission, huh?" Will said uninterested.
Subaru slammed his palm into Will's back. "Cheer up Will. We will probably run into a good share of monsters along the way, so that should make it interesting."
"Yeah, you're probably right, Subaru." Will replied.
drill

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:35 am

If Ke had no other redeeming qualities, it could be said that he was pretty good with kids. When he overheard the conversation and saw the little boy, face red from crying, he smiled a little, feeling sorry for the kid. When Saber ushered him in, Ke knelt down on the floor, putting his hand on the boy's shoulder. Ignoring Hari's insensitive questioning, Ke smiled reassuringly at the boy.
"It'll be all right. You can count on us to get your pet back, okay?" Ke jerked his thumb back at the group around them as he spoke, trying to encourage the boy. "There's nobody around that's better at finding than us."
Ke reached into his pocket and pulled out a peculiarly shaped stone he'd found the other day. It's form looked a little bit like a squirrel.
"Here," he said as he put the stone in the boy's hand. "You can keep this until then, as a guarantee that we'll stay true to our word and find your little buddy."
Ke was hoping that the present would help calm the boy down and keep his mind off his worries. If there was anything Ke couldn't take, it was to see little kids upset.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby IStoleYourToast » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:08 am

The boy took the stone from Ke and sniffed, rubbing the snot running from his nose on the back of his hand and nodded his thanks. At this point Saber had directed her gaze to Bear and said, "Bear, I know you're extremely good at making sure things are taken care of, and I ask that you would keep..." But before she could even finish what she was saying Bear interrupted,
"I got it. You want me to take care of the kid and I gladly will! You probably don't need the muscle on this one anyway." he laughed at the end and Saber smiled slightly and gave a nod in understanding. Saber then knelt down again to be eye level with the little boy and told him what was going to happen before standing up and announcing to the others, "We have accepted this 'mission' and will head out as soon as everyone's ready." She paused after word thinking for a second before asking, "By the way, what species is your pet exactly?"

The forest, once quiet and peaceful was now alive with the shouts of the members of Jaguar as the tried to grab the little pet of the boy. It was seemingly easy to find for a guild that doesn't have a tracker. "Of all...the pet...monsters...," panted Saber taking a break from running after the little creature, "It had to be a....Chebbizard!" Hunching over with her hands on her knees she takes a short break trying to catch her breath. "Anyone have a plan? Cause I would sure love to hear it right about now." she said and looked at the monster as it sat on a rock and if it could laugh it would be doing so now. It long rabbit like ears were straight up as it watched the humans, with it slender body curled up slightly as it laid down, the sun glistening off its spotted scaly skin making it shine slightly, the long tail swaying back and forth. Saber gave it a glare and it only snaked its fork tongue out of his mouth as if saying, "You can't do nothing."
"I really hate fast things." she muttered under her breath.

OOC: okay so I beg you all for your forgiveness about leaving this inactive for so long, I will try to get better on that. And while I have it on my mind now I will say this, If someone doesn't post withing three days the next person may just go ahead and post.

I got sick and lost my voice finally a dream come true xP
I am not short, or small, or any of that. I am merely 'fun sized!' :D
IStoleYourToast

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:18 pm

OOC - Yay, its still alive!

Hari glanced at the creature, then began slowly moving around it. "We can't outrun it," she said. "So we'll have to outsmart it. lets try surrounding it, and Will can use his whip to trip it up and catch it."
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Wolfsong

Postby drill » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:38 pm

"That sounds like a good idea, Hari" Will stated.
As the plan was still being talked about among the members, Will was getting his stuff ready. As he was doing this, he pulled out a small bottle from his pack and dipped the end of his whip into it.
Noticing this, Subaru turned around.
"What's that?" Subaru exclaimed.
"Oh, this is just some paralysis potion that will stun it for a few seconds so we can catch it easier." Will replied.
"Are you sure that's safe? I haven't seen you use it before." Subaru replied worryingly.
"Perfectly safe." Will replied. "And I haven't used it before cause I like to use it sparingly; after all, this stuff isn't exactly cheap."
drill

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:07 pm

Ke glared at the little creature in complete and utter frustration. Plan, huh? He could think of at least one way to catch it...though it wouldn't exactly result in the miserable thing being alive afterwards...
Ke pulled his hand away from the hilt of his swords that hung from his belt, instead resting his hand on his hip. Thoughts of violence aside, he really didn't know what to do.
Ke ovrheard Hari and Will talking, then nodded his head.
"Sounds like an idea to me. Nothing else seems to be working. Just be careful."
ClaecElric4God

Postby IStoleYourToast » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:19 pm

Saber nodded to the others, the plan seeming the most likely choice and possibility in catching this little monster. She started to move slowly around the creature while the others did the same to surround it, but she noticed the little creature didn't seem all to focused on what they were doing. It almost seemed as if it was more interested in something behind them, the way it's ears stood straight up and how it was standing on its hind legs as if to get a better view, nose twitching as it sniffed the air. Saber looked over in the direction it was looking and was met with only what was there before: trees, grass, dirt, etc. She turned her head to the little creature again and looked at it confusedly. suddenly it dropped down onto all fours and arched it's back hissing loudly.
"Nobody move!" whisper shouted Saber as the monster jumped off the rock it was previously perched and and jumped up onto the nearest persons shoulder, which just so happened to be Will's. There was a dead silence all around, nothing made a sound at all not even the sounds of the forest could be heard. Saber was about to relax call it off as a false alarm when she heard it. The animalistic laughter and the thrumming of paws running toward them. Bursting forh and quickly surrounding the small guild were a group of monsters. These were new to the eyes of Saber as they walked like men, but also resembled a hyena, the most notible fact was that they seemed to be a tribal race like the Wolfian monsters. Maybe these were a subspecies?
Noticing they were surrounded, and easily outnumbered, Saber quickly looked around and raced a quick couple ideas through her brain before tuning to the others and saying, "We can either fight and run, or...yeah pretty much fight and run." What were you to do, when you no nothing of something that just appeared? Hopefully someone knew the creatures were in the area and sent another guild after them.

OOC: excuse any errors I'm not having the best of days.
I am not short, or small, or any of that. I am merely 'fun sized!' :D
IStoleYourToast

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Hari glanced around, then sighed and pulled out a pair of slim stilettos. "Fine, now what?" she snapped.

Wolfsong

Postby drill » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:06 pm

While Will was thinking of what to do, with only really two options, either run or fight, a monster charged straight at him. Will instinctively slashed it with his whip, and the enemy staggered to the ground before having an arrow shot into it by Subaru. It seemed that the monsters were testing their strength before rushing in. Will looked over and saw that the rest of the guild members had taken care of some enemies without too much difficulty.

"I say we run for it" Will said. "It's only a matter of time before they all rush in."

Seeing a gap in their formation, Will took his whip, which was already covered with paralysis potion that he used only minutes ago, and swung at the group of enemies directly in front of him. As Will was doing this, he shouted to the rest of the group, "Alright, this way! We might lose them if we can cross the river up ahead."
drill

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:32 pm

OOC: I have returned. So sorry for the wait, guys.

Ke surveyed the situation, grumbling to himself. Of course they'd be surrounded by some sort of creepy monsters that would undoubtedly kill them. What else could possibly go wrong. But at least they'd caught the little brat monster.
"Wait, what?" Ke asked, turning to Will. Run? That seemed like an awful idea. He understood the positives of avoiding a fight, but Ke was the kind of person who couldn't stand to turn his back on a monster. To him, it was much more terrifying to be running from something than to stand and fight it.
"But...I-" Ke turned to see what everyone else was doing. If he couldn't talk them out of it, he'd run with everyone else, since fighting all of this alone didn't seem very wise. But if there was any chance of standing his ground, he was going to.
ClaecElric4God

Previous

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying