Any muscians know of any easy Christmas songs to learn on guitar?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Any muscians know of any easy Christmas songs to learn on guitar?

Postby Never thirsty! » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:57 am

Right now I'm learning His Favorite Christmas Story by Capital Lights also do any fellow guitarists think A minor sounds a little bit depressing I know minor chords are designed to sound sad but that one is a chord for mourning does anyone else think that or is that just me?
Never thirsty!

Re: Any muscians know of any easy Christmas songs to learn on guitar?

Postby Flying_leaves » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:49 pm

Great song! Yes, I agree that A minor has a depressing sound, but combined with a nice major chord it is as if the heavens have just opened :D!

Personally, I find that "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" sounds beautiful on acoustic guitar. :)
Also, the "12 Days of Christmas" is a fun and upbeat one to play even though it is repetitive (I usually play around with the strumming to keep it interesting).
^^These are both quite easy
All of Relient K's Christmas songs are pretty awesome as well! <-- (Though some are a little difficult in terms of tuning and such)

Have fun playing guitar! :thumb:
~*~Mel~*~
When life is rough, pray. When life is great, pray.
"...forgetting what lies behind but straining forward to what lies ahead, I continue my pursuit toward the goal, the prize of God's upward calling." ~ Phillippians 3:13-14
http://flylikealeaf.tumblr.com :grin:

<3~*Sakamichi no Apollon*~<3
Flying_leaves

Return to Jam Session