What If....

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Re: What If....

Postby SierraLea » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:59 pm

Ante Bellum wrote:Dead characters do not a good story make.

Who said I was continuing the story after she was dead? I'l admit, I don't have the whole thing planned out yet, but I know I would not survive so she's not going to either. I'm very physically weak, so I wouldn't make it a week, and neither will she. But it will be a heck of a week, I promise you that.

Due to the excellent criticism I received here, I've redone the first chapter and, for the first time, let my readers vote on something via poll. Please check it out and tell me if it's an improvement!
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:15 am

Got a second chapter of my Hunger Games story up. Updates won't be very fast since I'm really trying to make this believable, but they'll probably be some of my best work.
SierraLea

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:04 pm

You're missing Ante's whole point. It doesn't matter if a story ends or continues after it's main characters death, Ante means that the act of killing off someone does nothing either way to make a story good or not.

Also killing a Mary Sue does not negate her Mary Sue-ness. Horrible things can happen to a Sue and she can remain a Mary Sue. There are many Mary Sue variants including Sympathetic Sues who were probably abused as children or forced to live on the streets, etc, whatever will make a reader feel bad for her.
DaughterOfZion

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:18 pm

May I suggest looking through TV Tropes?
K. Ayato

Postby SierraLea » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:02 am

What are TV Tropes?
I'm killing her because I love to write tragedy, and try to let each story teach a lesson. It's one of the reasons I love the original Romeo and Juliet.
SierraLea

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:40 pm

tvtropes.org
K. Ayato

Postby SierraLea » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:34 pm

I'm still figuring out the story for now, but I got two more chapters up and posted. How do you guys like the scene between Luke and Sierra? Luke's built off my older brother, although I did make him a little nicer on screen.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:10 pm

I want to write a scholarly piece on how FMA emphasizes the dignity of human life, but don't know where I would put it besides this thread. Anyone have suggestions, because I don't think it would really work in my fan fiction account either since it's not a hard and fast story.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:26 pm

I know I just dug myself a deeper hole, but I ended up creating another story after watching Ironman III last night. Premise: What happens when Winry and Tony put their heads together over a chunk of metal? Even I don't know yet, although I have quite a few ideas.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Added a new chapter to my Hunger Games story. And I cannot write Tony Stark so I have no idea what to do with my crossover.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

I found this pome I wrote a while ago. It doesn't rhyme, but I still thought it was cool.

Repetition

Memories are just excellent repeats.
Practice makes perfect. Flashcards
For biology fill the next half hour, over and over.
I read my favorite book the twelfth time,
And find a dozen new things to love.
Go back again when you know more.
Thirteen’s your lucky number. Repeat that much.
Fallen? Get back up.
Next time you fly.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:52 pm

This poem has NO racial meanings.
The Blacks
Theater lights hang on a scaffold that
No one notices.
Couch goes up, bar goes down.
Audience doesn’t bat an eye.
You see the sweet stage grannies.
But not us blacks.
Props, set , ques.
Acting needs a framework.
Soundless transitions.
Keeping time.
Blacks.
We don’t get a curtain call.
But we make the play.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:16 pm

I've added a lot of chapters to my fanfictions. I might put the X-men one on hiastus for a while until I get the others finished.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:48 pm

I just keep digging deeper holes. I started a new FMA fanfic, and don't know how far I'll go with it, but it was an idea I just couldn't put down.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:00 pm

My new fan fic took off like a shot. I already have seven chapters, nine reviews, and over 300 views! I think it's some of my best work yet!
SierraLea

Postby DecooPunk » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:47 pm

SierraLea wrote:My new fan fic took off like a shot. I already have seven chapters, nine reviews, and over 300 views! I think it's some of my best work yet!

Could I have a link? I like FanFic~ :n_n:
DecooPunk

Postby SierraLea » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Here's the link
https://www.fanfiction.net/story/story_ ... id=9885904
It's grown since I last talked about it here.
SierraLea

Postby DecooPunk » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:05 am

SierraLea wrote:Here's the link
https://www.fanfiction.net/story/story_ ... id=9885904
It's grown since I last talked about it here.

The link seems to not work.
DecooPunk

Postby SierraLea » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Try searching Years vs. Days in the FMA category. It's a recent update so it could be one of the first you see in the archive.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:11 am

I have discovered the oneshot. Try out "The Joke's on Roy" and "The Men who Loved the Elric Brothers"
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:21 am

I just cannot stop writing. I have two more FMA oneshots, more serious than the last one but very sweet.
SierraLea

Postby DecooPunk » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:49 pm

I found your FanFics! I really like the Hunger Games one.
DecooPunk

Postby SierraLea » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Thanks Decoo! I'll try to update more now I know someone is actively reading it.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:04 pm

I finished my FMA/Iron Man crossover, if anyone was interested in that. I've started Betaing for people now, but have another story in the works, besides the two I currently have on the site.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:25 am

I now have four stories I'm working on, on and off the web. The two on the web are built off of Hunger Games and The Phantom of the Opera. The two off the web are built off of the Percy Jackson series and (yes, I just had to) Harry Potter. I have no idea where I'm going with Percy, but Potter should be fun. I'm working with Snape, a severely misunderstood character. If you'd like more details on the offline ones, I'm open for questioning.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:41 am

Here's the first 100 words of something I've written for a class. I'll try to keep these posts small.

Manicured Books
They wouldn’t leave her alone! Seriously, why did Delilah have to have friends over at all hours? She was sharing this dorm room! What, did she think Thalia was fine with whatever she did simply because the introvert didn’t complain about it as loudly as the wannabe fashion star did on a nearly daily basis?
As if that wasn’t bad enough, they had to spend the entire time they were together trying on clothes and makeup. Couldn’t they just sit down and have an intellectual discussion, like Thalia did when her friends dragged her out of the comfortable world of written pages? They’d pull her out to the kitchenette on their floor, slip the steel kettle on the stove, and sit at the nearby table to talk while the water boiled. Classes, Shakespeare, family issues…anything was fair game in these conversations. The best thing about it was that they could have as great of a time as they wanted and they didn’t disturb anyone.
Unlike Delilah.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:37 am

Speak of the Devil and she shall appear, thought the English major as the bright pink head turned around and fixed her with a hungry look. Oh no. This was not going to be good. “Chelsey,” the manicured harpy purred to her fellow makeup accomplice, “what do you think she would look like with that new shocking purple lipstick?”
Not again, thought Thalia as, once again, Delilah fixed her face in place with one hand and wielded the weapon of choice, the bright purple lipstick, in her other. She swore hemlock could not be more deadly to the bookish demeanor she had cultivated and cherished since middle school. She felt the thick paste smear over her lips and a little of her cheek in a rough movement. Delilah was really having fun with her face now. Maybe she would be satisfied after this single agent of cosmetic chaos. “I think the lime green eye shadow and orange bronzer would go well with this,” her captor crooned. Or not.
But it wasn’t as if this was a new experience for Thalia. Delilah did this to her at least once a week, nearly every time a friend came over with some new cosmetic concoction or she brought home the poison herself. Never mind that the stuff was full of chemicals that hadn’t even been tested for safety. Never mind that you couldn’t express any emotion for fear of smudging when it was on. Never mind that you couldn’t put your fingers on the sides of your face or pinch the bridge of your nose to think without your fingers coming away covered in gunk. No, Delilah never minded these things, and seemed to think that Thalia was crazy for even considering them.
Finally, the other cosmetics fanatic rescued the almost-poet from the world of glorified face paints. “Dellie. That is one of the worst color combinations I’ve ever seen. I mean, it would look great on you with that hair, but she looks so…quiet. We have to get that off her.” Yes! Someone finally got the idea! “Then maybe we should try a more classic look.” And just like that, the cool taste of freedom evaporated.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:52 pm

This struck me, and I decided to write it out. If it doesn't make sense, don't worry. It's not supposed to.

Christian Anime Alliance
Someone started a site for us.
Do we know who?
It doesn’t matter.
It’s ours now.

Members bring color.
Neon green for Anime
Yellow for happiness
Purple for need.

Colors wind into threads.
Royal prayer threads.
Bright goof-offs.
Multicolored status.

This is not a site.
This is a tapestry.
Warm with love
And Beautiful.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Fri May 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Hello! I'm officially back from the dead and happy to see everyone again. I have a lot of piece on Fanfiction now, but also some more serious things there too.
SierraLea

Postby SierraLea » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:10 am

I once attended a christian youth conference and one of the talks spoke about God as a love you don't offend, a peace you can't explain, and a hope you won't outlive. Those three things were brought back to the forefront of my mind recently by a discussion I had at my parish with some friends, and they just kept rolling around in my head until this came out. I don't know how else to share it, but I feel like I need to put it somewhere where others can read it. So please, if this strikes something inside you or resonates with you, take it and make it circle the world. I don't know why, but I feel like God wants people to see this.

God Is
A love you don’t offend
Arms that hold you close
Sometimes let you go
When you need to learn

A hope that never ends
That sings inside the soul
Emboldens us because
In Him is certainty

A peace you can’t explain
Our value is assured
We know that we are loved
So this world holds no fear.

He can be all this
If we let Him
Our heart’s door has no knob
On the outside
Just the inside.
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Previous

Return to Writing