How many hours do you sleep per day?

Talk about anything in here.

How many hours do you sleep per day?

Postby anlptgtsg » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:12 am

I'm used to sleeping 8hrs or more per day. I never really got used to staying up late for school or work. It's really hard for me to just sleep 6hrs. I always surrounded with people who usually sleep way less than me. I'm curious of how much time you guys/gals sleep.
Proverbs 16:6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the Lord a man avoids evil.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.â€
anlptgtsg

Re: How many hours do you sleep per day?

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:58 am

Hmmm...Probably more like 7, or just as often, 6. Of course, I've had a schedule that pretty much guaranteed that I wouldn't get more than 5 hours a sleep a night, but that was over the summer, and my schedule is a lot less hectic now. But somehow I'm still always tired...
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby drill » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:23 am

I usually sleep for about 8 or 9 hours, as my body really won't respond well if I get less than that. I can also relate to having nearly everyone around you getting way less sleep.
drill

Postby Xeno » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:21 am

During my work week I average about 5 to 6 hours a night. On days off I tend to get 7 or 8 with the occasional 10 hour crash session.
Xeno

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Sleep is for the weak.
Ante Bellum

Postby goldenspines » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:26 pm

Back when I was in school, I usually got around 4-5 hours of sleep on weekdays. I got sort of used to this since I had to do it for 5 years and art classes are like, always in the early morning. x.x

But nowadays, I get around 7-8 hours because my job has nice hours and I don't stay up too late. >_>;
goldenspines

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:02 pm

about 6 or 7 usually '3'
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:28 pm

8 or 9. I don't feel rested with anything less.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Sheenar » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:18 pm

Between 7 and 8. I have to have at least 7 or I do not function well the next day.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Kaori » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:12 pm

Usually 6-7 on weeknights. My current job requires me to get up pretty early in the mornings, but by natural inclination I'm a night owl, so I just can't bring myself to go to bed early enough to actually get 8 or more hours of sleep.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby anlptgtsg » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:21 am

The percentage of sleeping in 8-9 hrs is much higher that I expected. Sleeping 5-6hrs is normal when working specially if you got a kid, I guess. Sleeping 4-5 hrs because of school is a shock. "Sleep is for the weak." I never expected there is also a zombie here XD

I was hoping someone will say 10hrs of sleep :D. I did that in a week and was thinking if I'm sick or something. Then real life happens and got be back to 8-9hrs of sleep.
anlptgtsg

Postby Mr. Rogers » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:53 am

Lately, I seem to function best on about seven hours of sleep. The usual model of sleep is the monophasic mode (sleep in one long chunk a day), but I've been experimenting with a biphasic sleep schedule (4-5 hours in one chunk with 90 mins in the middle of the day). I think that method is most natural and accounts for the mid-day slump that we experience.

Have any of you ever experimented with alternative sleep schedules?
Mr. Rogers

Postby Crossfire » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:35 am

Because of recent shift changes at work, I get about 8-9 hours of sleepy time. It's a nice change of pace from the usual 5-6.
Crossfire

Postby SilverToast » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:56 pm

I've been getting 8-9 hours of sleep lately. On average I usually get 5-6 hours of sleep during the school year.

Mr. Rogers wrote:Lately, I seem to function best on about seven hours of sleep. The usual model of sleep is the monophasic mode (sleep in one long chunk a day), but I've been experimenting with a biphasic sleep schedule (4-5 hours in one chunk with 90 mins in the middle of the day). I think that method is most natural and accounts for the mid-day slump that we experience.

Have any of you ever experimented with alternative sleep schedules?

I've definitely read about biphasic sleep schedule somewhere. I've tried napping for close to 2 hours and sleeping for 7 hours. I had trouble commiting to it.

Interestingly, I tried sleeping on the floor for a week and ended up feeling refreshed and alert after 5 hours of sleep. My back felt better too and I increased about an inch in height from better posture. I had to stop though after getting bug bites all over my back.
SilverToast

Postby anlptgtsg » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:42 am

Mr. Rogers wrote:Have any of you ever experimented with alternative sleep schedules?

Nope. I read something like that. certain way of sleep is good for repeating process, memorizing and others. But I don't think I can sleep in the after noon because of work schedule.
anlptgtsg

Postby shooraijin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:11 pm

There's argument over how much benefit they have, too.

I prefer to get 8 or 9, but usually I average between 6 and 8.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:40 pm

Want 8. Usually get 6 - 7. Have trouble concentrating if I get less than 6.
Sammy Boy

Postby FourFourSeven » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Want at least seven, prefer nine, usually average 5-8.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Return to General