The Cube

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Re: The Cube

Postby sarahleinaar » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:23 pm

-- Rose, William, Mary --
Rose turned and saw two more people walk in. One was only a teenager, probually around 15 or 16 years old. She motioned them over and they cautiously walked over to the group. "Hi, I'm Rose, what's your name," Rose asked Mary.
"I'm Mary. This is my friend Alex. But, he was hurt but one of the traps behind a door. I think he hurt his ribs," she explained.
Love The Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul,
with all your mind, and with all your strength
sarahleinaar

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:45 am

Peter sighed. "Sadly, I'm not sure we can do anything about that."
Jo stood up. "I can." She took out her bag she'd been clutching. A box with a red cross came out. "I'm a med student back on earth. I can patch you up, but that's it." She walked over to Alex and began dressing the wound.
"All right," said Peter. "I'm going to look around and see which one we go through next." Peter looked around and chose the door on the floor. "Adds up to 31. Didn't expect to get it on the first try."
rocklobster

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:37 am

OOC- okay, I think I'm caught up enough...sorry guys, busy time at the dojang.

-Maka-
Maka considered the face staring at her, then shrugged. "So you gonna come down or not?" she asked, as though she hadn't been hopefully calling out for other people. She turned around to walk away and accidently fell through a door.
There were people in this room, thouhg no one seemed to see her. That suited her fine, as she didn't know anyone in the group. So she crossed her arms and stood in the corner, and just listened.
Even with all she heard, she didn't lose her air of complete confidence. Pfft. She couldn't die. She was way too good for that. So what they weren't on earth anymore? Only a crybaby would weep over it.

-Eric-
He eventually chose the left door, which opened up to a room of people. He considered pulling back out, but this room felt safe and perhaps they would know where he was, so he drew closer. He was shocked by what he heard, but made no sound. No longer on earth? Experiments? For what?
He almost spoke aloud, but then remained silent. Besides, one usually learned more by listening that chatting senselessly.
Wolfsong

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:40 pm

-KITTY and ALEX-

Kitty blinked in surprise at the brisk nature of the girl she had just met. Definitely strong-willed. She politely nodded her head as a bow to her before coming closer to the assembled group. ALEX! She rushed over to her friend, throwing her arms around him.

"OWWWW!", he exclaimed.

She looked up at him, hurt and puzzled.

"This lady here just gave me some gauze and a hot-cold pack. I opened a door and have a log swing out and hit me."

"But the ribs only seem to be cracked,correct? You should be more cautious, Alex."

"Thanks Kitty...", he said with an air of annoyance though he was happy her unharmed.

Kitty turned and looked over to the dark corners of the room. The silhouette of a man was hard to make out. She smiled. Someone highly intelligent. Interesting. She slightly waved in recognition before turning her attention to Peter and the chosen door.

"Why is it that you know about the prime sequence, sir?", she asked as she pointed at the door.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:14 pm

"I don't know why they chose me." Peter said. "By the way, I have food in here if anyone needs any. And as soon as you're ready, Alex, we're heading off to the next room."
rocklobster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Noire had come into the room just as Peter had begun talking. She tilted her head, looking up at the numbers on the doors. She had been wondering about them. Walking up, she tapped Peter on the shoulder. "Who are these people who are experimenting on us?" she asked.
Diamond Dragon

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:21 pm

-Eric-

His ears perked up at this one. "Yes, please tell us," he thought hard.
Wolfsong

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:01 am

-ALEX and KITTY-

Alex stood up, and brushed himself off.

"I'm fine, but I would also like to know who? Why us? Why out in somewhere in outer freaking space!?! And why is it that you are the only one with any answers?!", he demanded with anger growing in his voice.

Kitty touched his shoulder, signaling him to check his temper.

"Though rudely noted, Alex does make a point. Why should we follow so blindly? I think the majority of everyone here would like some answers before following you.", she politely said towards Peter, though her eyes dimly shown with some untraceable emotion.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:07 am

Peter sighed. "All right, I'll tell you. They've done this before, with a different group. I'm the only one from that group who survived. Everyone else...died. I tried to help, which is against the rules, by the way. So, that should tell you who's side I'm on. I know the way out."
A rumble was heard again.
"And the route just changed. Perfect." He checked the door on the floor. "Good, that room's still here."
rocklobster

Postby sarahleinaar » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:21 am

"What I don't get it why us? Why do something like that without even telling us? You said everyone else died? Well look at Mary, and those other two girls," Will said pointing to Maka and Noire. "They haven't even experienced life yet," he said.
Rose nodded. "Plus, things could have changed from the last time you were here. I mean, who knows what they could have in the rooms next door. Alex was lucky enough to only get a few ribs cracked, but what about next time? What if next time, it's lasers? Or something that can kill you," she said. Mary thought for a moment. "As much as that all makes since. I trust Peter. He seems to know what he's doing? I mean, what other choice do we have," she asked.
Last edited by sarahleinaar on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
sarahleinaar

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:05 am

OOC- um, Sarah, where did they learn Maka's name?

-Maka-
She suddenly snorted. "So you know the way out," she drawled. "I suppose that means we should just blindly trust you? Why? How do we know this isn't all just some sort of scam, with you leading us directly into a trap?"
Wolfsong

Postby sarahleinaar » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:15 am

(OOC:Whoops, I thought she introduced herself. I'll edit :sweat: )
sarahleinaar

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Peter sighed. The last time, he didn't have nearly this much trouble getting others to trust him.
"Actually, I don't know the way out. It keeps changing. That rumbling you heard? That's the rooms being reshuffled. It happens every few minutes." Peter said. "You want to know you can trust me? Here's how: I'm not supposed to tell you anything about how to survive. You're supposed to figure it out for yourself. When I left, they told me that they might come back. I decided if they did, I would try to save as many as I can, and then we would go after them! Now, let's stop standing around and go. Like I said, the route just changed again. I don't know how many more times it will change, but if we move quickly, we can still get to the end. I hope."
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:05 pm

-KITTY and ALEX-

"We don't have much time to lolly-gag around then, do we?", responded Kitty to Peter's urgency.

She crossed into the group of people and began to climb down the black staircase of the door Peter was holding.

"Kitty!", Alex pleaded, "don-"

"It's alright, Alex. This man isn't lying. His body is not giving off any indications of such. He's just too vague, most likely to prevent a panic. Besides, when I woke, I had a strange book next to me in a code of sorts", she said as she patted her coat that responded with a thick plump sound, "it may contain clues to help, but standing around won't."

With no more, she turned and continued onward. Alex swore silently under his breath, and followed after her.

"If she gets hurt, I'll make sure you don't survive this place a second time", he said in a menacing tone to Peter before going down into the stairway.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:46 am

Noire frowned. Peter hadn't answered her question. "Who are the people experimenting on us?" She asked again. If he dodged the question again, she was going to bug him until she got a satisfactory answer.
Diamond Dragon

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:07 am

-Maka-
After a moment, she shrugged. "Yeah, whatever. Trust you, because of...what? I'm sorry, but that really sounded like a lot of junk." She crossed her arms behind her head, stretching them experimentally. "Whatever. I'll play along now, but I promise, if it turns out you're messing with us, I'm going to make you pay before I ditch you."

-Eric-
That girl had a temper. Eric wondered how long she would survive in a setting like this. Then something occurred to him, a concern that actually drove him to speak. He walked up to Peter, paused hesitatingly, then asked in a voice so quiet you almost couldn't hear him:
"What happens if we get separated? Are there any tips or clues you can give us, if that happens?"
Wolfsong

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:14 pm

"Just what I've given you already." said Peter. "I don't know how often the rooms shift or anything like that."
He sighed and said to Noire, "All I know is that they are aliens. I don't know why they're experimenting on us or why you were chosen. It might've just been a random thing."
He climbed into the entrance he had chosen. "All right, it's up to you. You can stay there, or come with me."
rocklobster

Postby sarahleinaar » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:43 pm

Rose shrugged and followed Peter, making Mary do so as well. WIll looked at the group.
"You guys go on up, I'll make sure everyone gets there safely," he said.
sarahleinaar

Postby rocklobster » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:29 pm

Peter shrugged as he helped the group get through.
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:59 pm

-KITTY and ALEX-

The dark stairwell soon emptied out into a dimly lit hallway with doors galore: doors on the floor, doors on the ceiling, doors lining the walls-all in various colors, sizes, shapes, and styles.

"Oh my...", began Alex.

"Don't finish that sentence", Kitty quietly snapped, "you might offend with such a off handed remark."

"R..right...", he replied. He usually would not let someone scold him so easily, but Kitty was different. He put his hand her shoulder and guided her beside him.

"Alright, Pete. Where do we go from here? Since you want to be the leader and all...", Alex said with light sarcasm. Kitty shook her head.
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:16 am

"Well, we know the door on top is out of course. How about we check the others."
But moments later, even worse news hit Peter. All the doors led to traps.
"We're screwed." he sighed. "Not a single one of these doors is safe."
rocklobster

Postby sarahleinaar » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:15 pm

"Oh that makes us feel so much better. I thought you said you knew the way," Mary said accusingly.
sarahleinaar

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:59 pm

KITTY and ALEX--

"Yeah, that's right!", pipped in Alex. His attitude quickly agreeing with Mary's.

"Yes...they are all trapped, but some will be worse than others", replied Kitty coolly.

Fishing in the her coat pocket, she fished out the strange code book she woke up with.

"Hmm"...she muttered, then motioned Peter to come over. "I see several mathematical correlations to the arrangement of these doors that are somewhat similar to what's on this page here...do any of this signs or marks look familiar?"
Phantom_Sorano

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:57 am

Peter looked over the code. "Yes. I think that one might be a good one." He said, pointing to the door on the right. "If I recall, that trap was an easy one to get past."
rocklobster

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:19 am

-Eric-

An easy trap? He hoped it didn't involve too much in the way of physical action, or he was toast.

-Maka-

She smiled faintly, stretching out her arms above her head. She'd finally decided how she was going to play this. She was going to tag along until she'd figured out how this place worked, then she'd break from the group and get through by herself. Which would, of course, be so much more preferable than hanging around with a bunch of bunglers.
Wolfsong

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Peter opened the door. He looked down at the floor. Yep. Still just the way he remembered it. Some red and blue squares all along the floor. The aliens love this kind of trap, he thought.
"Okay, if I remember right, we're not supposed to step on the red squares." Peter said.
rocklobster

Postby sarahleinaar » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:07 pm

Mary looked up at Peter. "Do I even want to know what will happen if we do," she asked just a hint of nervousness in her voice.
sarahleinaar

Postby rocklobster » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:48 am

Peter said "Since you asked. A tiny spike is hidden under the wrong squares. It has a neurotoxin on its tip."
rocklobster

Previous

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying