Between these who would you say is the best Christian Band?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Between these who would you say is the best Christian Band?

Postby Angelii777 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:37 am

I have a hard time picking between some Christian Bands because its just hard to choose between them when they all are about equal lol

For me at least they'd be Red, Mercy Me, Disciple, Fireflight, Building 429, and Skillet

The ones I would have a debate on most would be Disciple, Red and Fireflight

What do you guys think? :P
"JESUS Said Unto Him, Thomas, Because You Have Seen ME, You Have Believed: Blessed Are They Who Have Not Seen, And Yet Have Believed". JOHN 20:29

"Be Strong And Of Good Courage, Fear Not, Nor Be Afraid Of Them: For THE LORD YOUR GOD, HE IT IS WHO DOES GO WITH YOU; HE WILL NOT FAIL YOU, NOR FORSAKE YOU". DEUTERONOMY 31:6
Angelii777

Re: Between these who would you say is the best Christian Band?

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:16 pm

I'm sorry, the correct answer is Jon Foreman, but we would also have accepted mewithoutYou, Five Iron Frenzy or Third Day (circa Conspiracy No. 5/Offerings I).
Davidizer13

Postby John_Smith » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Between these, my favorite is MercyMe. Out of your three finalists? Er... Red, narrowly.

But when you say best, I think more along the lines of DC Talk or Newsboys. While I am biased on the latter, I've hardly heard DC Talk. I just think their impact on contemporary Christian music is notable. Hm... and I suppose Switchfoot and Third Day deserve an honorable mention. Along with Jars of Clay.

Alright, I'll put an end to my rambling now, and just link to my favorite MercyMe song... Technically it's just their lead singer.
John_Smith

Postby LastLfan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:00 pm

I love skillet, haven't listened to comatose much, but the awake album got me hooked, and then rise just blew me away can't wait to see them in concert again. Totally agree with dc talk as they are from my hometown so its cool seeing a local group be so huge
LastLfan

Postby drill » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:49 pm

I would have to say a toss up between the Newsboys and the Afters. I have seen both of them in concert, but I actually got to get all the Afters members' signatures, and they were pretty cool people, so I would have to say I like them better. Probably my favorite song by them. But if I would have to choose between the ones that you gave, I would have to vote for MercyMe.
drill

Postby Okami » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:06 pm

Angelii777 wrote:I have a hard time picking between some Christian Bands because its just hard to choose between them when they all are about equal lol

For me at least they'd be Red, Mercy Me, Disciple, Fireflight, Building 429, and Skillet

The ones I would have a debate on most would be Disciple, Red and Fireflight

What do you guys think? :P

...Those are all bands that I started out with in Christian music (alongside dc Talk and Relient K). Don't get me wrong, I still listen to them at times, but there is such a diverse spectrum out there in terms of Christian Rock. I'd recommend checking out Theocracy. (Here's a song to start. ;))

One of my favorite Christian songs currently is Bethel Music's Breaking Through. It's just so...anointed. I don't use that word often for anything, but you can just feel the Holy Spirit's healing power dripping through the lyrics. Bethel is definitely my favorite "big church" group! :D
Okami

Postby DecooPunk » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:44 pm

I haven't heard of more than half of these bands... XD
I do like Francesca Battistelli.
DecooPunk

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Davidizer13 wrote:I'm sorry, the correct answer is Jon Foreman, but we would also have accepted mewithoutYou, Five Iron Frenzy or Third Day (circa Conspiracy No. 5/Offerings I).

WE HAVE OUR BELIEFS BUT WE DON'T WANT OUR BELIEFS.
God of Peace. We want you.

You mean just mewithoutYou, right? Though I don't like labeling them as a Christian band per se. Especially if they're often also quoting Sufi Muslims, the Qu'ran, and other various mediums of spirituality or literature.

In A Sweater Poorly Knit
January 1979
Fox's Dream of the Log Flume
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby PandaPop » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:12 pm

My vote goes for Mercy Me :) mostly because they were the first Christian band I ever listened to, I didn't even know there was such a thing as Christian music before I heard them, so they hold a special place for me!
PandaPop

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Between those, Red. They were the ones who made me realize that yes, Christian bands can sound as cool as secular ones. They have some really awesome songs.

As for ones other than those you mentioned, Theocracy. Definitely Theocracy :rock: If you ever have twenty minutes to spare, go and check out their song "Mirror of Souls." You won't regret it ;)
the_wolfs_howl

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:36 am

Between those three... I have heard of none of them. None of my personal favorites are on your list, actually. Skillit might be in my top ten... maybe.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:26 pm

out of the ones you selected, I like Red, Skillet, and Fireflight.
Here's some others you might want to check out:
Casting Crowns
Decyfer Down
Showbread
Jars of Clay (you didn't list them, really?)
rocklobster

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:30 am

rocklobster wrote:Jars of Clay (you didn't list them, really?)

This and Relient K. No other Christian bands matter to me anymore.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Wild Eagle » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:15 pm

I would have to say Skillet. I just got back into them a few months ago and I love their music!

the_wolfs_howl wrote:
As for ones other than those you mentioned, Theocracy. Definitely Theocracy :rock: If you ever have twenty minutes to spare, go and check out their song "Mirror of Souls." You won't regret it ;)

Theocracy is my favourite Christian metal band hands down!When I first listened to Mirror of Souls, tears were streaming down my face. It didn't matter at all that I was on the public transit at the time (though I'm sure I probably got some concerned looks!). :P
Wild Eagle

Postby Never thirsty! » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:40 pm

I say MercyMe disciple and Red
Never thirsty!

Return to Jam Session