Infinite Powers OOC

This is where all in character roleplaying occurs. Please note that posts in this forum do not count toward your post count, and that old threads are subject to periodic prunination!

Infinite Powers OOC

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:41 pm

okay, due to the pressure, I have created this thread to discuss random things about IP. Hope everyone's happy.
let the chaos begin. Just please try to keep it relevant to the topic.
Wolfsong

Re: Infinite Powers OOC

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:44 pm

We've officially reached 8 pages and have almost used two days. All in all, I'd say we're doing well
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Well, I've got Aeon on his little story thing, and Lydia just wandering around doing nothing. Shoot, I'm stuck. I'll probably have her log off for the night, soon, and something, I'm sure, will happen tomorrow.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:48 pm

Yeah,. Aeon seems fine, but I haven't seen Lydia in a while...
your third character mystery is giving me nightmares, man
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:51 pm

I think I'll write something to conclude her day. Come the next day, I'll look for something for her to do and get Aeon moving.
As well they should. I've already planned how to bring them in, though, and it involves a little thing I have layed out for Lydia, but I can't get that moving until a certain other thing happens, so until then, I'll just go along with things.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Hey, Zare did tell Lydia he'd quest with her sometime, so don't complain about her not being with another character! Zare'll ditch Ash or something. (Don't tell Wolf I said that)
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:58 pm

LOL Claec, if it weren't for Ash's personality, Zare would be a dead man.
Except...well, maybe he will be anyway.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:00 pm

I don't get the serious attitude people in here have towards death. it is a video game, you will respawn.

That being said, I get the exact same way in an MMO.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:01 pm

what, you respawn in Infinite? I didn't know that...mwahahahahahaha....
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:29 pm

But...but...I like Ash. Don't make me not like him....
Seriously, though, I think it would be hilarious if Ash killed Zare. Zare would laugh, too, actually. You know he totally expects Ash to stab him in the back, right? Which is half the reason he decided to go with him. He likes a challenge.

Finally! I was wondering how long it would take Caesar to discover his rivalry with Kenji. But you know you can't beat an insane person, right? I love the tag he's given Kenji. "unpredictable" Heheheheh...This is way too fun.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:07 pm

Rivalry is so much fun...

Ash might kill Zare. Anything's possible. I honestly don't know how this will turn out...

Hey! Big news! I'm going to use the Infinite rpgs to help me write my books.
That is, if no one minds if I borrow their characters...
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:22 pm

NOOOOO! Don't you dare steal Zareshstymone....however you say his name. Jk, that would be awesome, but you have to let me read it.

don't worry about courtmartialing me, I'm sure Claec will take care of that

Court-martial?! You think we'd go that easy on you? Oh, no...We have much more planned for you. Heheheh...*rubs hands together*

And Wolf has a point, Odd. She did come back on Tuesday, true to her word.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:02 pm

Wolfsong wrote:Rivalry is so much fun...

Ash might kill Zare. Anything's possible. I honestly don't know how this will turn out...

Hey! Big news! I'm going to use the Infinite rpgs to help me write my books.

Rivals are fun, lots of fun.

Also, by 'borrowing your characters', were you thinking of doing backstories? Or were you going to take them all off in a completely different direction from what we're doing in the RP? What do you mean you're using the RPs to help you write your books?

If you want to make up a character who was, 'inspired' or 'based off of' some of ours (I'm not quite sure what word[s] to use here), I don't see what the problem with that would be. But to make a character exactly like ours without getting our approval (saying 'I hope no one minds' isn't really getting our 'OK') would technically be stealing. And while I know that wouldn't be your intent at all, I for one would still prefer you actually asking first. And for those who agree to let you use their characters, you would most likely still want to talk with them about the characters so you can write them correctly.

Sorry about the rant guys, I just needed to ask a few questions and make a quick point, and it got longer then I intended it too. :sweat:
Banana Lobster

Postby Oddood198 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:46 am

Hey guys, just dropping in to say I'll be gone over the weekend. Going on a canoeing trip with my youth group, and I'll be getting back Sunday. Sorry it's kind of sudden, see you all in a few days.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Oddood198 wrote:Hey guys, just dropping in to say I'll be gone over the weekend. Going on a canoeing trip with my youth group, and I'll be getting back Sunday. Sorry it's kind of sudden, see you all in a few days.

Excellent news, Wolf. We're putting your sentence on hold. Something else requires our attention...
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:08 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Excellent news, Wolf. We're putting your sentence on hold. Something else requires our attention...

Thank you.

My apologies for your concerns, BL. I wasn't entirely sure if I needed to do a formal....questioning....XD though yes I did know I had to ask. That is, in part, why I put it here. Also, I did say: "That is, if no one minds if I borrow their characters..." Thus opening the door to other things. I'm sorry if I went about this wrong - I am still very new to this. I intend to send out something more formal shortly, that way everyone's in the know.
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:31 pm

Banana Lobster wrote:Also, by 'borrowing your characters', were you thinking of doing backstories? Or were you going to take them all off in a completely different direction from what we're doing in the RP? What do you mean you're using the RPs to help you write your books?

If you want to make up a character who was, 'inspired' or 'based off of' some of ours (I'm not quite sure what word[s] to use here), I don't see what the problem with that would be. But to make a character exactly like ours without getting our approval (saying 'I hope no one minds' isn't really getting our 'OK') would technically be stealing. And while I know that wouldn't be your intent at all, I for one would still prefer you actually asking first. And for those who agree to let you use their characters, you would most likely still want to talk with them about the characters so you can write them correctly.

Sorry about the rant guys, I just needed to ask a few questions and make a quick point, and it got longer then I intended it too.

Wolfsong wrote:My apologies for your concerns, BL. I wasn't entirely sure if I needed to do a formal....questioning....XD though yes I did know I had to ask. That is, in part, why I put it here. Also, I did say: "That is, if no one minds if I borrow their characters..." Thus opening the door to other things. I'm sorry if I went about this wrong - I am still very new to this. I intend to send out something more formal shortly, that way everyone's in the know.

I'm just gonna say something here (I meant to mention this earlier). I understand your concerns, BL, but I'd have to disagree. It's not like we're making loads of money off of our characters; we created them in fun (and for Wolf's rpg, actually), and I don't know why it would be a big deal to let her use them. Of course, if you personally have an issue with it, that's understandable. But for myself personally, I don't mind at all if you use my characters, Wolf. You don't need my permission or anything. If anything, I'm honored that you would be interested in using my meager ideas. :lol: I'm not gonna get mad at someone for using a character I came up with on the spur of the moment, and I'd love to see my characters/people with similar personalities used by someone else. But really, I understand being offended that people would steal one's ideas and such, but that's not how I see it when you're talking about friends, especially someone as awesome as Wolf. :hug:
ClaecElric4God

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Wolfsong wrote:Thank you.

My apologies for your concerns, BL. I wasn't entirely sure if I needed to do a formal....questioning....XD though yes I did know I had to ask. That is, in part, why I put it here. Also, I did say: "That is, if no one minds if I borrow their characters..." Thus opening the door to other things. I'm sorry if I went about this wrong - I am still very new to this. I intend to send out something more formal shortly, that way everyone's in the know.

No, you were fine Wolf. I went overboard there, the blame is all mine. Sorry guys.
Banana Lobster

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Its fine, BL, I do understand your concerns.
Wolfsong

Postby Oddood198 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:57 am

Wolfsong wrote:Hey! Big news! I'm going to use the Infinite rpgs to help me write my books.

Eh? I thought you said that at the beginning of the original RP. I was wondering what happened to those. But yeah, if you wanna use my characters, feel free, I don't mind.

Anyway, back from canoeing yaaaaaaaay. I'm kinda tired, but I got a new battery and power cord for my computer now (the ones I had were either defective or borrowed) so I can use my laptop when I want yaaaaay.

Well, I feel like my last post was really poorly written, but eh, it has what I wanted it to, good enough for now.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Oddood198 wrote:Eh? I thought you said that at the beginning of the original RP. I was wondering what happened to those. But yeah, if you wanna use my characters, feel free, I don't mind.

Um, I remember saying this was based on a book I was trying to write, but....maybe I'm forgetting. Oh well...Thanks loads, Odd!

Random thought: there's...four Dragon Gems left, if I counted right. Anyone interested? I may be able to drop some into your hands. I don't want to hog all the wealth, after all.
Wolfsong

Postby Banana Lobster » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:58 pm

I'd love to say 'yes', but I'm not sure how to get one for Shade, she doesn't seem to wander all that much. She pretty much seems to stay in the general area around the harbor town (which still doesn't have a name :XD:). I'd love to have her roam around a little more, but she just seems to stick to that area. Maybe she could join up with someone? Anyone have any ideas? She'd probably be more interested in the cash at the end of the journey though, rather then the Dragon Gem, if that helps any. She's not interested in politics.

Speaking of which, are the Gems all colored? Because if I recall correctly, there's been a Dragon Ruby, and a Dragon Emerald, so will there be a Dragon Sapphire and so forth? If so, what will the other colors be? And do the colors of the Gems have anything to do with magical properties? Could they, say, enhance certain abilities? Like Ruby = fire or something?
Banana Lobster

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Should I have a scene where Kenji talks to a guard or something? Anyways, of course Kenji wants to tag along with Regal, silly. :)
ClaecElric4God

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:56 pm

lol yeah, Claec.

Bl, I'll try to answer you tomorrow. Sorry about that...
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Banana Lobster wrote:I'd love to say 'yes', but I'm not sure how to get one for Shade, she doesn't seem to wander all that much. She pretty much seems to stay in the general area around the harbor town (which still doesn't have a name :XD:). I'd love to have her roam around a little more, but she just seems to stick to that area. Maybe she could join up with someone? Anyone have any ideas? She'd probably be more interested in the cash at the end of the journey though, rather then the Dragon Gem, if that helps any. She's not interested in politics.

Speaking of which, are the Gems all colored? Because if I recall correctly, there's been a Dragon Ruby, and a Dragon Emerald, so will there be a Dragon Sapphire and so forth? If so, what will the other colors be? And do the colors of the Gems have anything to do with magical properties? Could they, say, enhance certain abilities? Like Ruby = fire or something?

That's an interesting question. Lets see if I can answer it.
Yes, all the gems are colored, and have various dragon images within them. there are six:
Dragon Ruby: dragon of the hunt. Raises fire attack/defense. Gives control over balefire, the most powerful form of fire known.
Dragon Emerald: dragon in flight. Raises forest attack/defense. Uses Mana Tree, a complete statis healing
Dragon Sapphire: water dragon swimming. Raises water attack/defense. Uses Tidal Wave, capable of drowning an opponent.
Dragon Amethyst: dragon preparing to fight. Raises lightning attack/defense. Uses Bolt, a great charge of electricity.
Dragon Onyx: dragon in sleep. Raises dark attack/defense. Uses Shadow Sword, a blade dealing 1/4 damage to any opponent. Limited usage.
Dragon Diamond: dragon in birth. Raises general power/defense. Uses Magistrum, an ability to heal all of your HP and your MP, as well as damaging the opponent.. Can only be used once a fight.

That's the lot. anymore questions?
Wolfsong

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:22 am

Hey, Odd. I noticed Lydia's been MIA for awhile. What would happen if she randomly showed up at the whole IFF/Nescala/Tiera battle and just randomly happened to run into Zare? Of course, that's assuming Zare and Ash resolve their hate/hate relationship and actually get there. :lol: But seriously, you should do something with her; I miss her. :sniffle:
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Yeah, I was thinking about Lydia, too. I've not been sure how to bring her in, but I can take a look at recent developments and probably fit something in for her. I'll find something she could have been doing all this time and figure out where she would be, then I'll... somehow, put her near... someone. Hopefully.
Oddood198

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Well, I don't know what Wolf's long-term plans are, but if you don't have any other plans, I can figure out some way to have Zare cross her path. *shrug* But I don't want to interfere with your brilliant and complicated plans for world domination.
ClaecElric4God

Postby Oddood198 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Pfft, as if I had any such plans for world domination. I'm just winging it.
Anyway, posted for Lydia, not sure if it really helps or changes much anything to get her involved, but it's there.
Oddood198

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Why conquer the world? Such a mess to take care of then...and you'll be absolutely responsible.

lol actually, if you can get me some information on where she is, I could work Lydia back into circulation.

Oh, heads up people! I'm leaving for the Colorado doctor's appointment on Friday, and will be gone for...a week, I believe. Just fyi, and for those doing so, its a great time to work on your back stories, or if you're behind, catch up. Don't leave me too much to read when I get back though, okay?
Wolfsong

Next

Return to RPGs and Roleplaying