World Missionary Press

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

World Missionary Press

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:14 pm

World Missionary Press is an interdenominational faith ministry producing 48-page topical Scripture booklets in more than 337 languages, along with Bible study booklets and New Testaments in a variety of languages. They are producing approximately 6,000,000 Scripture booklets each month to send out free of charge as the Lord enables them financially. During their 51 years of ministry they have sent literature by request into 210 countries and islands of the world. A roll of paper can produce 80,000 Scripture booklets at a cost of $1,080. Every donated dollar on average can reach 25 people anywhere in the world with the life-saving, life-changing Gospel! [mod snip: No advertising please.]

But aside from just spreading the booklets, some are available to read online! I will be posting links for whoever wishes to read them. :D

I will start with the Booklet, "The Way to God" : http://www.wmpress.org/wtg_text/engnkjv.htm
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Location: I live wherever the Lord leads me. (currently in an apartment with my sweet cat.)

Re: World Missionary Press

Postby Nate » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:14 pm

I'm not sure why they say that the Lord's Prayer should be memorized. I don't really see the necessity in it.

Other than that, eh, pretty standard stuff. Better than Chick tracts at least, but then what isn't?
Nate

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:09 am

The Lord's Prayer is more than it seems. Perhaps I'll make a thread about that some time. :)

Anyways, next booklet! And let me share a little secret... These two booklets are two out of three of the first booklets I ever received. I don't know if these are always the first booklets which are sent out to new individuals, but I figured I'd follow in their example. So, here we go!

This time I'll post a booklet called - Help From Above : http://www.wmpress.org/hfa_text/engnkjv.htm
Luke 10:25-27 Mark 12:28-34 Matthew 22 Deuteronomy 6:4-5 Deuteronomy 10:12
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
No one is perfect, but by one prayer at a time, and one step at a time, God can make our paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Location: I live wherever the Lord leads me. (currently in an apartment with my sweet cat.)

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the Lord's Prayer, just that it isn't necessary to memorize and doesn't really confer any special benefits if it is.

Anyway this second booklet...not very good. It's just a bunch of text, not even any pictures, most people aren't really going to read a booklet like this. Some might, but they're in the minority, because there's nothing interesting to hook the reader. At least Chick tracts have goofy looking people in them that you can sorta say "Okay so what's this guy gonna do?" Worse still, this doesn't even have any sort of narrative at all. It's just copy-pasted Bible verses. There's no explanation of their relevance or what they mean. The first tract was okay, but this one is just really really poorly done.
Nate

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Yes, it is true, these booklets are not picture books nor are they actual devotionals. But what they are, are booklets of bible versus.

They're shorter than the full bible, quicker grabs and reads, the gist of things, and to the point.
They are used to help spread the Gospel around the world and are sort of like little bite size pieces of the bible, for those that can't read the full bible.
They are also good for those who can't bring them selves to dig into the huge thick overwhelming full bible.
They are good for those who read the bible, but there's so much there, they can't connect the dots.
They are good for those who are just starting in their faith.
They are good for helping understand the basics of the bible and the Gospel.
To sum it up, they are not the full bible, but they are The Gospel. They're good for spreading THE GOSPEL. :angel:
Mark 16:15 "And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."

Quote from booklet: "Help From Above" is a collection of related verses of Scripture by subjects from various parts of the Bible. I believe the best commentary on Scripture is the Bible itself."
Those who love bible verses and want to know the Gospel, will love these little reads. And if the online formats don't suit your taste, try ordering a couple. They're FREE.

To know more about the ministry and the booklets, check out their webpage : http://www.wmpress.org/index.shtml
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
No one is perfect, but by one prayer at a time, and one step at a time, God can make our paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Are you trying to use these as devotionals or just advertise this site.
mechana2015

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:45 pm

I was explaining what the booklets are with some joy, as I am excited about these booklets (enthusiasm), but was getting concerned people were having misunderstandings on what they were or what their point was. They are rather unique after all, but in a good way! ^.^
Maybe the devotional area wasn't the best category, but...
Comparing to a devotional, it's true, these booklets are not exactly devotionals like most people are used to. However, like a devotional they are shorter reads, they can be read on a daily/weekly basis, and they are meant to help people on their walks with God.

I often give lots of links, as I like to show where I get my resources, so people know the source, and can explore the source.
My focus and reasons for posting these booklets and info, is to share and encouraging God's word, and hope that discouragement doesn't come into play.
please pm me if you need to talk to me, or let me know if my pm doesn't work.
:angel:

Now then! For those who enjoy these booklets or have curiosity about them, more are to come! (Unless otherwise stated by authorities.)
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Ok, moving on! :n_n:

As I said with the last booklet, the first two booklets were two out of three of the first booklets I ever received. Now, for the third booklet! Then after this I will post other booklets at random.

This booklet is called - "How to Know God" : http://www.wmpress.org/hkg_text/engnkjv.htm

And actually, I have a bit of a super short, slightly funny, story about this. It has nothing to do with the contents of the books, but it's what happened when I got my books. So, just for laughs....

I originally received these three booklets in the mail as an unexpected gift in a letter. The Way to God, Help From Above, How to Know God.
But, shortly after getting them, I forgot that I had received three. And it didn't occur to me that there were three. That is.... until I talked with my mom. We got to talking about the booklets, and she made a comment about three. I don't remember exactly how the conversation went, but it was something kind of like this...
I said : "Three? Well, they only sent me two. The Way to God and Help From Above."
Mom : "No, you got three. You got those two and the green one."
Me : "What green one?"
Mom : "You definitely had three."
As she told me I had three, I wanted to know what this third one was, as the other two were interesting. My eyes scanned the room I was in and I started shuffling through piles of other papers that were next to me, and looking under stuff, but to no luck, I was baffled on what could of happened to it. I told my Mom, "I haven't seen it, I can't find it, and can't even remember what it looks like. What if I threw it away by accident, or it's lost? Are you sure I had three?"
Mom : "Yes, the green one. And no, it's not missing...."
Me : "It's not?"
Mom : "I took it."
Me : "Oh... geee... thanks for telling me...." I said in sarcasm.
Mom : "Yeah, sure no problem!" she laughed back. But then told me, "I saw what it was called, How to Know God, and just had to give it to Gran."
I was finding this humorous too, and said, : "Well, that's cool and good news, giving it to Gran and all. But... You took my book and I didn't even know it? Mom! You ninja'd my book! Haha, I can't believe you ninja'd me!"
And the two of us laughed as she really did swipe it like a ninja. I got ninja'd by my mom!

I hope you enjoy the booklet, my mom apparently thought it seemed good enough to ninja it! XD
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Postby goldenspines » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Asking to give donations to a certain site is considered advertising, so I snipped your link. I'm quite sure if people want to donate, they can find a way via the site somehow. But your posts were starting to look like advertising spam rather than a devotional.

Though your booklets are not exactly devotionals, and I personally still don't see the point of them. But I guess if you think they help people, that's all right. Throwing single Bible verses at people without much if any context can be quite dangerous, though, and can often do much more harm than good.
In this day and age, I'd support making the Bible into an eBook (in many languages) and giving it away for free rather than printing a lot of little booklets. But one step at a time, I guess.
I'm glad you're excited about these, though. I hope they are helping you out a lot. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:45 pm

goldenspines wrote:Throwing single Bible verses at people without much if any context can be quite dangerous, though, and can often do much more harm than good.

Another thing along these lines, these tracts are saying all these things about God taken from the Bible, without any explanation about why you should accept the Bible as an authority on Him in the first place; it just assumes that the Bible is right about it all and keeps building on that. Now, I believe this is a correct assumption, but if I didn't, then all this would be useless until you' prove to me that it is true and that the Bible is the word of God. Only then would I be able to accept what the tract's saying, and otherwise, it's just a bunch of quotes from a book people really like, no better than quotes from Pride and Prejudice. Not trying to dampen your enthusiasm here, just giving you some food for thought before you go around using these as the be-all end-all of evangelism, a'ight?
Davidizer13

Postby Nate » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:40 pm

I'm with goldy and Davidizer here, they're just verses void of context. I don't really see how that's helpful, especially to a person who doesn't believe the bible is God's word. Just like how if you got a booklet of Qur'an verses, or excerpts from the Bhagavad Gita, you wouldn't really read it and go "Wow, this is life-changing stuff!" because you don't believe they're truly the word of God. I mean if someone is willing to accept a religion based on just a couple of verses in a booklet, well, I don't trust their faith to go very far, since they'll probably pick up a Scientology or Jehovah's Witness booklet the next week and then go "Wow this is even better!"
Nate

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:09 am

Nate wrote:...if you got a booklet of Qur'an verses, or excerpts from the Bhagavad Gita, you wouldn't really read it and go "Wow, this is life-changing stuff!" because you don't believe they're truly the word of God.

This is pretty out of the ordinary for me, but I want to respond to this. I've run across several pieces of wisdom from various non-bible sources which I consider to have been life-changing. As such, I then went back and explored other writings by the author to see if there was more wisdom there. Where there was, I learned - where there was not, I ignored. It's not our job to "convert" people, but it *is* our job to spread seeds which the Holy Spirit can water. If someone desperately needs that piece of wisdom, maybe this is how God chooses to introduce himself to them.

That being said, let's move on to the topic here.

CFH: You are clearly enthusiastic about this endeavor. You've almost certainly noticed that not everyone else here shares your enthusiasm. That's OK - everyone has a different style of witness and is inspired and motivated by different things. If you want to take something away from the feedback provided here, I would recommend the following:

Not everyone who receives these will be as happy to receive them as you are to hand them out. And that's OK. As ambassadors for Christ, we must be respectful of everyone we come into contact with - whether they are receptive to His message or not. If this is going to spark a conversation, be sure to listen - unless people know your motivation is a genuine concern for people, they probably won't be receptive to the message you are bringing.

- Mith
Mithrandir

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:57 pm

During Christmas I got a CD from a church event. One of the songs on it was one I hadn't heard for a while. Now, one of it's phrases keeps going through my mind. "Jesus your loving kindness is better than life!"

With singing about Jesus, I suddenly wanted to share this next booklet that's all about Jesus! <3
The song is completely unrelated, as the song is all about how Jesus' love is better than life, while the booklet is all about Jesus' life. But hey, my mind works in weird ways, so Enjoy! :)

http://www.wmpress.org/alc_text/english.htm
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Alrighty! Next booklet! ^.^

I'm obviously not consistent at posting these, but for those who like them, I'll keep on going! :3
Now then, does the power of God intrigue you or excite you? Because the next booklet is called just that, The Power of God : http://www.wmpress.org/pog_text/english.htm Enjoy!
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:19 pm

Have you ever bothered to ask outright if any of us like these things? You're posting them, assuming we're all gonna be wild and crazy about them just as you are apparently.
K. Ayato

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:51 pm

I will respond to your question, but after this, PLEASE PEOPLE, NO MORE DISCOURAGING COMMENTS. THANK YOU! :)

I do not post because I assume everyone else would love them the same as I do. Please do not judge my trying to love, be kind, and happy personality like that. I try to post with a smile and joy no matter the thread or content, because always trying to be encouraging or spread a smile is just what I like to do. I understand most people do not view things with a positive perspective, but that doesn't mean I can't share things with my positive perspectives.
And of course, as with many Christian things, I do understand a positive side is not seen till after we go through the experience and can look back on it. I have gone through some experiences though, and so now, I can't help but smile with many different things of Christian content. Just because I smile though, doesn't mean I'm expecting others to smile, however, that also doesn't mean I'm not hoping they will smile. Hope! Even in an uphill battle, there's always hope with God. Hope in God's awesomeness is a wonderful thing for those who are willing to give it a chance.

Now then, why do I keep on posting even though I am clueless to who actually bothers with them?
Well, that's the thing. I do not know who does or does not read them. Not everyone is vocal on the forums. We have a lot who read but do not post. We also have a lot of guests. And we have a lot who come and go. Also, there are people who think they are invisible, but I know they are here, so I still post for them. They don't have to have a voice, God knows them and sees them, and I am happy they are here.
Whether for those who are only passing by or for those who stay, as long as my Lord wills it, I will keep on sharing even if it's just for one person (unless authorities shut me down). I trust in my Lord that He will lead to these booklets who He pleases to lead to them. And if He leads no one, then so be it. All I'm doing is trying to serve God and love others, by sharing with people what He has shared with me. It's up to Him to chose how He uses my attempts at doing so.
But do not think these are the only things I will share. I will share other things too in other threads and posts. At the time of starting this thread, I did not have anything else to try and share as a daily/weekly/monthly reading. But in due time I hope to think of other things. However, I will still continue posting these till there are no more to share. Which, you guys will be happy to know, there were not a lot to begin with, so there are only a few left.

Also, please remember, as long as the gospel is spread, it is a good thing. Whether for Christians growing in their faith or those who have yet to know Jesus personally, the spread of Jesus Christ is always a good thing! <3

Philippians 1:15-18
15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

Mark 9:38-40
38 John said to Him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we tried to prevent him because he was not following us.” 39 But Jesus said, “Do not hinder him, for there is no one who will perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me. 40 For he who is not against us is for us.”

PLEASE, NO MORE DISCOURAGING COMMENTS. THANK YOU! :)
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Postby Xeno » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:34 pm

Cc4FuzzyHuggles wrote:Image

So...basically you're going to post them because they make you feel good. Regardless of what anyone else says or does, you're going to continue post this stuff, because you think some potentially nameless, faceless person is going to see your links and find god through these pamphlets that you're linking to. I can understand linking to the site so people can get access to the stuff, because yeah, someone might get something out of it, but making post after post linking to different ones on the same site...no. Not so much.

And then there is your protest. You'll keep doing it until the authorities Image stop you. It's almost like you're under the impression you're in an oppressive environment or something. Not sure if you're aware, but most of the people here are Christians. The non-christians like myself are definitely in the minority. When you start to bug other Christians with what you're posting, you might want to rethink your tactics.

I'm not entirely clear on the purpose of the scriptures you posted. Are you trying to say the people who posted against you (or really they were just questioning why you are posting this stuff) aren't as Christian as you? Or are you getting at something else? And if you are getting at something else, what is it exactly? I also like how you basically called everyone else negative. Image

People aren't being discouraging; well, maybe they are to you, but really they aren't. They're trying to figure out what the real point behind you posting all of this stuff is. Of course you finally explained it. Perhaps this will sufficiently satisfy others and they will no longer bother you, I really wouldn't know because I kind of eyeroll at a lot of stuff that gets posted anymore. But please, people not wholeheartedly agreeing with you is not the same as people being discouraging. You just have trouble taking criticism, which you displayed in your writing thread. You should learn how to take appropriate forms of it and grow instead of just getting grouchy any time someone tells you something you don't like.
Xeno

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Alright! Sorry for the late post, but I'm having PC problems with my main PC.
Thanks to God letting me have the blessing of my old PC though, I wanted to still try and slip in here for a quick share of love! I was hoping to post this on Sunday, but certain things didn't let me. So, here it is now!

The next booklet is called, Let’s Praise The Lord!
God loves to hear us praising Him. And since He loved us so much that He died for us, I think He deserves it. ENJOY! :)

http://www.wmpress.org/ptl_text/english.htm
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:28 pm

I still don't have my main PC, so again, I'm just going to slip in and make a quick post.

This booklet is called, Satan versus CHRIST :

http://www.wmpress.org/svc_text/english.htm

Learn, grow, read, or Enjoy! ^.^
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:41 pm

Hello, Hello! ^.^

Alright, I've got another booklet to post! This ones got quiet the fancy title, but I'm sure there's love to be found inside.
For anyone interested, here is the next booklet! It is called, "Who Am I That a King Would Die in My Place?" :

http://www.wmpress.org/wai_text/english.htm

Enjoy!

extra comment :
Seeing this title made me think of what He is called. :)
He is King of kings, Lord of lords, He is our God, and His Son is Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Lord who is our Savior!
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:43 pm

Wooot! We made it! Last Booklet! This one is a special one which talks of the love of ISRAEL! But of course, there's plenty in it which speaks closely to my heart too. Though not everything may seem relevant to everyone, I do hope there's at least a little which leaves you walking away with something. <3

The Booklet is called, Wings Over Zion
http://www.wmpress.org/woz_text/english.htm

Thanks! & Enjoy! :)
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Return to Devotional Readings