Crazy for God

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Crazy for God

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:42 pm

...you'll see what I mean shortly.

Psalms 1:1-2
Blessed is the man who walks not
in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
v2. But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.

A basic approach to this slice of passage would be that this is a picture which may be used to define someone. Simply put, a contrast between what the godly and ungodly do. You can view the whole passage for more embelishment and enrichment, but my focus here is the actions of the godly man.

The footnotes of my Bible give a literal equivilent of the word "meditates," as being, "ponders by talking to himself". Generally speaking, talking with one's self is viewed as a sign to being out of your sound mind, but here God tells us it is an appropriate method for processing and considering what He says in His word!

So the next quiet moment you get(or make), go a little crazy.
As the rest of the passage goes on to say, it'll do you a lot of good.

...and if you are introverted like me, I'm fairly confident the voices in you head will work just fine as well. >_<
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby dothackzero » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1598893) wrote:So the next quiet moment you get(or make), go a little crazy.
As the rest of the passage goes on to say, it'll do you a lot of good.

Actually it ususally does do a lot of good. Though I tend to focus a lot more of how good God is than the law.
dothackzero

Postby SilverToast » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:16 am

I can see how speaking out loud to yourself can help process and consider the information you just read. It makes sense.

If you try to process it by thinking alone it can lead to an unorganized mess of thoughts which is usually what happens to me. ha
I guess saying your thoughts out loud reinfoces and puts focus on each thought for processing and consideration.

I know how it is with voices inside your head as an introvert. It gets tiring.
SilverToast

Postby SierraLea » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:40 pm

I do this a heck of a lot. I can make up whole stories just by talking to myself, and constant inner dialogue helps to form good vocabulary and speech patterns, like forming well-worded sentences on the spot.
I talk out loud to God too, especially when I'm mad at Him.
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby MrKrillz0r » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Hmm this is interesting, good point Rusty! Thinking of it, I tend to pray out loud when I really feel unfocused for some reason but yet really feel the need to pray. It really helps me, especially when my OCD is bothering me and making my mind a mess. I'll keep this in mind! God Bless! :D
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth