My Anime Blog

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Postby TWWK » Wed May 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby TWWK » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:58 pm

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
TWWK

Postby TWWK » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:37 am

JadeDragon999 (post: 1571163) wrote:I read your blog entry. Hard to say why this person bailed on you in terms of the interview.

Thanks for the information - it certainly helps to hear from someone with experience.

As for the interview I mentioned, I've gotten back in touch with her several times, only to lose touch again. I've now pretty much just chalked it up to her rarely checking/responding to the email addresses I have. I still hope to get in touch with her one day, but it doesn't bother me much.

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:19 pm

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:44 pm

It's a new season! Thus, we a couple of of posts regarding new shows: one regarding Sword Art Online and the nature of Christian discipleship and the other comparing character growth in Tari Tari to the need for living water.

Also, Lynna writes about The Legend of Korra and how we grow closer to Jesus through adversity.

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:28 pm

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:08 pm

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Laura of Heart of Manga guest posts on a Christian manga character, Maria Kawai of A Devil and Her Love Song.

Maria Kawai's Amazing Grace - Part I

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Our last couple of posts have been written by CAA members, Goldenspines and Hansha:

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita: Lessons from the decline of humans. (Goldy)

Stepping Out in Love in Inu X Boku SS (Hansha)

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:29 am

Maria Kawai's Amazing Grace - Part II
Laura from Heart of Manga concludes her guest posts about one of the few Christian characters in manga whose actions demonstrate her faith.

Mileposts: Claymore Prophet and Letting Go of Faye Valentine
I mention some past posts that have hit "milestone" markers in terms of hits: a post comparing Teresa of Claymore to John the Baptist; one discussing Cowboy Bebop in terms of loving by letting go; and a post about injured pride and interviewing a voice actress.

Untangled: What Series Should We Be Watching?
We post the questions to you readers - what series should we watch which we perhaps haven't seen yet?

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:44 am

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:17 am

Today's post is a little off-topic, but I think it might be worth your time:

How to Make a Care Package for the Homeless

TWWK

Postby seaglass27 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:26 pm

I liked this one a lot.
seaglass27

Postby TWWK » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Otaku Jordan (post: 1580559) wrote:I liked this one a lot.

Why, thank you. It was an unusual post for the blog. :P

A lot of Kokoro Connect this week:

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:09 pm

Written by CAA's Goldenspines:

Medaka Box: Kindness is stronger than anger.

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:36 pm

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm giving away a copy of FUNImation's upcoming release of Haibane Renmei. There are multiple ways to enter the drawing.

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:54 am

TWWK

Re: My Anime Blog

Postby TWWK » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:42 am

TWWK

Postby TWWK » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi, all!

We just joined Facebook. I'd love to have you add to the conversation on our page as we try to engage anime fans in spiritual conversation.

Beneath the Tangles on Facebook
TWWK

Postby TWWK » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:51 pm

My interview with Vic Mignogna about faith and voice acting: Interview with Voice Actor Vic Mignogna
TWWK

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:17 pm

Ah, that was very enjoyable. I always love hearing from Vic, especially about his faith. His testimony is such an encouragement. Thanks so much for sharing.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby KazeShiki » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:58 am

Since TWWK no longer frequents CAA and has subsequently abandoned this thread, I'll be hijacking it. Contrary to what the state of this thread may imply, Beneath the Tangles is growing a lot lately, with new writers, myself included. While still incomplete, we've been working on a Christian guide to Otaku-dom. We just started a monthly podcast, where we will be discussing anime and spirituality with guest speakers. We are also having our first live stream event, where we'll be reviewing and previewing the summer and fall seasons and also taking requests for what anime to specifically cover. Other than that, blog posts still get written on a pretty regular basis.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby drill » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:26 am

So, I just have a few questions, and one suggestion. My first question is should "When They Cry 1&2" really be skipped? I have yet to read any of the series, so I'm just wondering as "When They Cry 3" was the one that was listed under recommendations. Second question is, was Little Busters considered when making the VN recommendation post? Just curious about this one as the main path was amazing. Lastly, my suggestion is to update the Planetarian link as it is coming out for steam in 3 days.
drill

Postby KazeShiki » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:20 am

drill wrote:So, I just have a few questions, and one suggestion. My first question is should "When They Cry 1&2" really be skipped? I have yet to read any of the series, so I'm just wondering as "When They Cry 3" was the one that was listed under recommendations. Second question is, was Little Busters considered when making the VN recommendation post? Just curious about this one as the main path was amazing. Lastly, my suggestion is to update the Planetarian link as it is coming out for steam in 3 days.

When They Cry 1&2 make up Higurashi while When They Cry 3&4 make up Umineko, but while both have a sequel, the two are largely unrelated to each other as far as plot. The reason the Higurashi series was not included is because it is a lot more gory and disturbing as far as torture/etc. There are little bits of references to Higurashi scattered in Umineko though, so if you do plan to read all of them, you may want to read Higurashi first, but hardly anything significant will change.

Little Busters actually had a lot of back and forth discussion about whether to include it or not. In fact, it was on the page at one point before being taken down. We are trying to be considerate of the more conservative Christians, and, despite its many positive points as far as plot and themes goes, it had a chunk of fan service and cursing (even if it was in jest) that some felt might result in negative responses.

Good call on Planetarian.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:17 pm

KazeShiki wrote:We just started a monthly podcast, where we will be discussing anime and spirituality with guest speakers.

What is the expected schedule of this? I see one podcast so far; are you planning on a specific schedule, or just when it's convenient?
Mithrandir

Postby KazeShiki » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Mithrandir wrote:
KazeShiki wrote:We just started a monthly podcast, where we will be discussing anime and spirituality with guest speakers.

What is the expected schedule of this? I see one podcast so far; are you planning on a specific schedule, or just when it's convenient?

The planned schedule is to have one at the end of every month.
KazeShiki

Postby TWWK » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:32 am

KazeShiki wrote:
Mithrandir wrote:

The planned schedule is to have one at the end of every month.

More specifically, the last Thursday of the month, so episode two will be posting in a few days, on the 25th!
TWWK

Postby KazeShiki » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:42 am

Failing to keep this updated but oh well.

The monthly podcast is now up to episode 4! All episode links can be found here

We are also doing an anime raffle/charity event - donate to the less fortunate and win big anime prizes! Actually, TWWK already made a thread on this site over here.

I can't think of any particularly amazing posts lately, but we've been doing many episodic posts on current airing series, mainly for Sora no Method, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, and Grisaia no Kajitsu http://beneaththetangles.com/category/currently-airing/
KazeShiki

Previous Next

Return to Computing and Links