CAA Radio Season Two Topic Circuit

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri May 06, 2011 4:01 pm

Oh, so I've been listening to Anime World Order and realizing how little I know about who makes anime. Most anime fans over here really can only list dub actors and Miyazaki as the industry people they know about, or at best can know that Mamoru Hosoda is "that guy who did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time". So then, wise podcasters, what studios, directors, animators and character designers do you like or follow?

Also, light novels. While they are much less read than manga, do any of you guys read them? Do you think that people who license them should try and market them towards people who aren't into anime in an attempt to get them interested in more Japanese stuff? Would lending someone a copy of Spice and Wolf(with the cover that isn't hideous) be a good way to get someone interested in our fandom?
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby WeirdWater » Mon May 09, 2011 12:40 pm

Why can't I subscribe/listen to the podcast in Itunes? I mean, I see it listed but whenever I select it it says I'm not allowed to access it D:
WeirdWater

Postby mechana2015 » Mon May 09, 2011 12:59 pm

This podcast had a several year hiatus (hence the Season 2 title to this thread) and in that time the subscriptions and season one links on iTunes were broken, and the subscribe option was then disabled, either by the person in charge of the distribution, or iTunes themselves. We haven't really worked on re-upping the subscription yet, since there hasn't been a whole lot of interest.

http://www.christiananime.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=96&page=1&pp=50&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1 Should show you all the episode threads. There are links to listen to or download the episodes from episode 21 on currently.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby WeirdWater » Mon May 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Thanks! I'll give it a try!
WeirdWater

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon May 16, 2011 6:16 pm

After a quick thread search nothing on tis topic popped up, so if you were forced to play cosplay chess, who/what would you be, and what piece would you play?
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby goldenspines » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:34 pm

<_<

>_>

<_<

This was already a thread, but I suppose it could be a fun topic! Have you ever had any crushes on anime/manga characters? If so, who? :D

If CAA was a TV show, what would it be about?

What is the longest anime you've watched (or are currently watching); the shortest? How about longest manga series you've read? Shortest?
What do you think are the pros and cons of a longer or shorter series?
goldenspines

Postby GeneD » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:46 am

Which anime character's superpower OR talent would you like to borrow for a week?

Which character's power/talent would be the most useful to you in a real life context.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:03 am

I don't know if this has been done before but...

What are your families opinions on anime/manga? How did they feel about you watching/reading it? How did you explain it to them, and have you watched any shows or movies with them?
Atria35

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:57 am

I guess I can throw a lighter question out that doesn't involve you finding translations of books.

I've been recently thinking about Ouran again and realizing how brilliant a show it was, and while even though I remembered Ouran being pretty awesome, it's only recently that I'm realizing really how top-quality Ouran is. What anime have you watched, enjoyed even, but only realized how much you liked it a while later. Also, what anime did you enjoy but rather than grow out of them or have your tastes change, simply realized you didn't like as much as you thought you did.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:11 pm

Well, this is a odd one...

If trolls (internet kind) were real in anime, how would they ruin the most popular anime?
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:46 pm

It's the end of a long and frustrating day, and due to a series of unfortunate events, you are forced to take the public bus. At the very next stop, an anime/manga character or pair of characters get on. Judging on how things usually happen for you personally on such days, what character/characters are they, and how do you respond? (E.g.: If your day usually just gets worse, which character would facilitate that, and would you just sit and watch or interact in some way.)
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby rocklobster » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Everyone's favorite Time Lord, the Doctor himself, has offered to make you his next companion. He's even letting you decide the next destination. When and where would that be?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:34 pm

sorry about the double post but I just thought of another topic:
It is now CAA's 10th anniversary. Reflect on how much the site has changed over its first decade and reminisence about the past.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:54 pm

What is your favorite childhood memory?

If you had to re-live high school (what torture) but could do so in a high school that exists in an anime; which high school would you choose and why?

If given only these two options to spend an evening; would you choose to watch a marathon of a really terrible anime with a lot of your good friends, or would you choose to watch the first episode release of a new and greatly anticipated anime all alone?

Do you tend to follow new series coming out in Japan or ones licensed in the US/other country? Is there a particular series' release you're looking forward to?
goldenspines

Postby Masquerade1412 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:11 pm

*ahem*

I don't know if anyone else has come up with this, or if this has been done in a previous episode, but....

It's the Christian Anime Alliance Awards!
*Fireworks*
The Awards are...
1. Most Shocking Moment. (Think "Luke, I am your father" shocking.)

2. Funniest Moment in a Non-Comedy Anime. (In other words, it's a serious anime, but something happened that made you burst out laughing.)

3. Most Complex Plot. (The hardest plot to follow, but it COULD be followed.)

4. Most Random Moment. (Even the most random anime has 1 moment that stands out from the rest.)

5. Most Hyped Anime with Most Disappointing Results. (Yesyesyesyes!!!........NOOOO!!!!!!)

6. The Tear-Jerker Award. (....:waah!:....So beautiful!)

7. The "Couldn't Get Past One Episode" Award. (Not for the faint of heart.)

8. Most Suspenseful Anime. (Imagine the longest hill on a roller coaster...and your going 0.25 miles an hour.)

9. Best Heroine in a Shonen Anime. (For something more than eye candy.)

10. Best Hero in a Shojo Anime. (The same as #9.)

11. Most Epic Battle Scene. (Not DBZ length epic, but DBZ depth epic.)

12. Most Memorable Line. (What line had the most impact?)

13. Worst Villain. (Not good "Bad", terrible "Bad" :bang:)

If you guys can come up with some more awards, feel free!
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Not a bad idea masquerade.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Not sure if it's already been done before, but how about what anime you've seen that you'd love to have Rifftrax for (whether by the MST3K team or even your own).
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:27 am

What will you guys do when you are old and retire?
Rusty Claymore

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Does the average mid-rank Big Fire operative (e.g. Ivan) outclass the average mid-rank Expert of Justice (e.g. Issei)?
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby goldenspines » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:13 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1504175) wrote:Does the average mid-rank Big Fire operative (e.g. Ivan) outclass the average mid-rank Expert of Justice (e.g. Issei)?
Only in nose size. *is shot*

Something that may be interesting to do is to list some of the most popular anime genres (i.e. mecha, magical girl, slice of life, etc.) and pick one anime that you consider the best representation (or rather, use of) of that genre. And for something fun, pick an anime that falls into a certain genre, but breaks through the "tropes" of that genre.
goldenspines

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:52 pm

[SIZE="1"]Hey look, I'm posting in here. >.> [/SIZE]
Not sure if these have been asked yet, but...

What messages/themes in anime or manga (e.g., "seize the day" in The Tatami Galaxy) have you loved, and why?
What messages/themes have you hated?
Are there any you don't dislike intrinsically, but feel are overdone?
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Previous

Return to General