My Little Pony Friendship is Magic General

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic General

Postby Nate » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:07 am

I watched the first two episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magical.

It-it's pretty good.

I'm just...um...throwing it out there. This show is really good. Like...really.

Yeah. >.>;;

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Atria35 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:01 am

I haven't checked it out, but I admit- I'm a fan of Rainbow Bright and some other shows like it. So...

I'm glad you like it! :)
Atria35

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:40 am

There are plenty of guys who have watched it.
Including me.
Granted, it was just one episode, but I still sat through the whole thing.
Ante Bellum

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:54 am

Ante wrote:There are plenty of guys who have watched it.
Including me.
Now you're just messing with people. XD
MLP, huh? Well, it's nice to know some people still care enough about what they do to make it good! n.n
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:02 am

Oh heck, I love My Little Pony!
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:04 am

Nate (post: 1467749) wrote:My Little Pony: Friendship is Magical.

Did they give a friendship speech?
Roy Mustang

Postby Nate » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:15 pm

They did give a friendship speech at the end of the second episode when they were facing down the villain.

Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Now I'm curious.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby blkmage » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:21 pm

It's the show that everyone watches after Madoka so they don't drown in despair.
blkmage

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:30 pm

[quote="Nate (post: 1467749)"]I watched the first two episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magical.

It-it's pretty good.

Yeah. >.>]

Nate I'm revoking your man license until further notice.
Death Pony commands it.

But on a srs note, if you enjoy it, that's cool. :grin:

Edit: I looked this series up on the tropes and found out quite a few males like this. DANGIT now I'm interested. Thanks a lot Nate.
Yamamaya

Postby Wolf-man » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:28 pm

WELL ITS ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!!!
I have been waiting for someone to make a topic for all of us Bronies out there for a while. I'm really surprised it took this long. I was beginning to think that I would have to start the topic.
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a fantastic show and yes I am not afraid to admit that. The show is well written and beautifully animated. It is quite good and actually funny. It is nice to see a show made for little girls that doesn't treat them like idiots. The jokes are intelligent but understandable. They preform stellar comedy that can enjoyed by kids and adults without resorting to dirty jokes or innuendo.
The show is just so addicting. It basically goes like this: Step 1: "A new My Little Pony show? That's dumb! I'll never watch that!" Step 2: Wow lots of people are talking about this. I guess I will watch one episode just to make fun of it...yeah!" Step 3: "Well that wasn't so bad...maybe I will just one more and then stop" "Step 4: "Onto episode 12! I love me the ponies!!!!"
I mean just look at my signature! That says it all!!!
Anyway, any guy who hates on this show either A.) Does not have a sense of humor or B.) Has not watched an episode.
I guarantee after one episode you will want to watch another and then another and then another and before you know it you will have come into the fold as a fellow Brony.
One other interesting fact: Series developer/creator Lauren Faust is wife to Craig McCracken creator of The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
Wolf-man

Postby Sheenar » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:54 pm

That actually sounds really interesting. I'll have to check it out. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ADXC » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:30 pm

ADXC

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:42 pm

[quote="Nate (post: 1467749)"]I watched the first two episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magical.

It-it's pretty good.

Yeah. >.>]

Solid Ronin

Postby Wolf-man » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:57 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJbAT1wzS8U

And Nate this is for you...
Wolf-man

Postby Nate » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:41 pm

I have been watching this show literally all day. Or well, at least since I woke up.

It's like a drug.

Nate

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:15 pm

♪a, B, C, D, Mlp...♫ >_<
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby steenajack » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:35 pm

That's cool for you to admit that Nate, and I honestly do NOT look down on you for liking the show..........all though now I'm thinkin'........

Say what?!? A My Little Pony show that's actually GOOD? I don't think my mind can comprehend believing that until I see it for myself. O_o I mean....are we talking about the same brain-washing ponies that have the toys and the cheesy music and preachy speeches about friendship? And you guys are saying that this particular show of them is actually good?.......then again I've never seen any of the shows....so maybe I'm assuming too much? I mean, most My Little Pony shows seem like they would go that way.

EDIT: *after watching an episode* Okay....that was actually kinda cute. O_o....definetly for little kids....but it actually made me giggle in certain parts......So, I guess imo, from what I have seen it's not so bad. Mind you it was a bit cheesy imo, but not as cheesy as I thought. ^^;
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Nami » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:21 am

O_______________________O

I used to love My Little Ponies...

Can it really be so magical?! NATE! If you speak the truth!! O_O I must see it!
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby samurai10 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:05 pm

steenajack (post: 1467898) wrote:That's cool for you to admit that Nate, and I honestly do NOT look down on you for liking the show..........all though now I'm thinkin'........

Say what?!? A My Little Pony show that's actually GOOD? I don't think my mind can comprehend believing that until I see it for myself. O_o I mean....are we talking about the same brain-washing ponies that have the toys and the cheesy music and preachy speeches about friendship? And you guys are saying that this particular show of them is actually good?.......then again I've never seen any of the shows....so maybe I'm assuming too much? I mean, most My Little Pony shows seem like they would go that way.

My thoughts exactly. XP When one of my friends confessed to this, and tried to make me watch it, I was like, "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Darn you Nate. I now have an interest in these strange girly unicorn shows.

Edit: Oh, guess what? Nate got me into this! Now I'm addicted too! DX

Thanks a lot. XD
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:09 pm

I actually watched the first episode last night and it is startlingly well written and animated. It seems like it'll actually entertain kids and adults alike and seems to be tapping into a lot of the older cartoons that we know and love with some very seriously dark themes from older disney and newer pixar and the wackiness of tiny toons kind of mashed together into the same ball. It looks kiddy but the actual motion of the characters is spectacular, and if you ever see the hiccup incident with PinkiePie it's one of the silliest animations ever. Or the sneezing incident.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Wolf-man » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:17 pm

Nate (post: 1467891) wrote:I have been watching this show literally all day. Or well, at least since I woke up.

It's like a drug.

and its cheaper! I will say to my brother that I need my pony fix. XD Or I will get mad late at night and he will say "Your getting cranky I think you need your ponies":grin:
Seriously, though it is super addicting because it is actually good!
Wolf-man

Postby Nate » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:43 pm

mechana2015 wrote:It seems like it'll actually entertain kids and adults alike

Well let's put it this way. Episode 3 has a Benny Hill chase scene, complete with sound-alike music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8iWgoOxaYU

Kids aren't going to get that one, but adults are. Oh yeah, not to mention the pony based on Doctor Who. Oh and of course Barry White himself even comes back from the dead to do a song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7PGKcikaGY&feature=related

Um...the reason her voice is like that...it's a long story.

Well...uh...off to watch My Little Pony all day again... >.>

Nate

Postby Wolf-man » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Nate (post: 1467957) wrote:Well let's put it this way. Episode 3 has a Benny Hill chase scene, complete with sound-alike music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8iWgoOxaYU

Kids aren't going to get that one, but adults are. Oh yeah, not to mention the pony based on Doctor Who.

The kids will think its funny though. So even if they don't understand the reference they will still laugh.
As far as Dr. Whooves goes there is no real evidence to say that he is actually a Dr. Who reference. Fans just noticed that he looks like a horse version of David Tennant with an Hour Glass on its butt so they started calling him Dr. Whooves.
Wolf-man

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:07 pm

The curse episode is pretty fun for all viewers too.

EDIT: apparently there's also a Charlie's Angels reference too

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:04 pm

blkmage (post: 1467794) wrote:It's the show that everyone watches after Madoka so they don't drown in despair.

"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Nate » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:08 pm

*Rarity voice* Horror of horrors! Alas, I have run out of ponies!

Yeah...hit a wall. Hasbro apparently went on a deleting spree and so the latest episode I can find is episode 20 on Youtube. Someone has episode 21, but it's pretty lousy quality so I don't particularly want to watch that one. So until someone uploads better quality versions of the last five episodes (I think there's 25 episodes in season one) I can no longer enjoy new ponies. D:

HOLD ME FLUTTERSHY. ;.;

Nate

Postby rocklobster » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:06 pm

So, Nate, you like Care Bears too?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:24 pm

I gotta say, guys, this show is pretty great.

Rushiar was actually the first person who brought it to my attention, and I put it on my all too long watch list, but after seeing a huge reaction to it, I knew I had to check it out.
I'm watching it fairly slowly (only on episode 3), but I'm enjoying it so far. :3
While being quite cute, it skips past the "cheesy kid's show" factor and carries a very uplifting and inspirational mood that's appealing to kids and adults alike, I think.

And this is another reason I'm watching My Little Pony:
Wolf-man wrote: As far as Dr. Whooves goes there is no real evidence to say that he is actually a Dr. Who reference. Fans just noticed that he looks like a horse version of David Tennant with an Hour Glass on its butt so they started calling him Dr. Whooves.

goldenspines

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:27 pm

rocklobster (post: 1468006) wrote:So, Nate, you like Care Bears too?

I'm going to say probably not since it hasn't come out with a well written and visually entertaining show... ever.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Next

Return to General Entertainment