Ever cryed over a manga (or anime)?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Ever cryed over a manga (or anime)?

Postby Lynna » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm reading Hikaru no Go and Crying. I've cryed during lots of other mangas too, namely Fruits Basket. Anyone else?
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby ich1990 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:42 pm

I shed a manly tear during a certain character's demise in Monster.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:59 pm

I've cried at so many anime. Not so much manga though, but that's because I don't read a whole lot of manga.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:12 pm

Bitter Virgin. Oh, the tears....
Atria35

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:27 pm

I have, actually. XD I cried (during multiple viewings) at the end of Full Moon wo Sagashite (the anime). 'Cause it was SO SAD/HAPPY. I'm not at all ashamed to admit that. XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Neither anime nor manga has not yet made me cry, though I hope to fun into one at some point. Maybe I will check out some of the ones in this thread that I haven't already seen.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Cadence » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:21 pm

I'll admit that I cry in basically every anime...I'm quite prone to overreacting.

But I've only had manga-prompted tears a few times. YKK made me cry. Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan turned me into a human water fountain. And Natsume's Book of Friends...oh boy... It took me like 20 minutes to get myself back together after I read the chapter where they take a family picture...of all things...
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
Cadence

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:16 am

There's never been an Anime or Manga to make me cry, simply because I don't cry over those things. There have been scenes that affected me, certainly, but never to the point of tears.

The closest any Anime has come to making me cry though is probably Kaiba.[spoiler]Chronikooooooooo~.[/spoiler]
Fish and Chips

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:47 am

Some parts of Monster were heart-wrenching but I don't think I've ever cried during or after reading a manga. I only do that with several movies and some music.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:50 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:I have, actually. XD I cried (during multiple viewings) at the end of Full Moon wo Sagashite (the anime).

Second.

Fushigi Yugi (anime) has made me cry quite a bit, the most of any anime to be sure. This thread topic has come up a couple of times and I'm sure I've posted a few things there that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Still, nothing has made me cry harder than the final episode of Kamen Rider Blade, and episode 48 of Kamen Rider W.

And although I rarely cry at manga, one of the volumes of the Mahoromatic manga (I think maybe it was 6 or 8) made me cry, and the anime made me cry as well. So yep.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:59 am

Yes, some manga scenes have made me shed tears!

In xxxHOLiC vol.15
[spoiler]When Yuuko dies and Watanuki doesn't want her to go[/spoiler]

In Game Plan!
[spoiler]When Sonia sheds tears after Locke reveals his past. And also when Locke was yelling at Sonia when Lucy was in the hospital[/spoiler]

In Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles vol.26
[spoiler]When Clone Syaoran is killed by Fei Wang and he wishes he heard what Clone Sakura told him, and he says sorry to everyone before he shatters[/spoiler]

I think there's more, but that's at the top of my head!

In anime, oh man. Many scenes! Many scenes! I think I've listed them in the anime thread similiar to this. But the most recent scene would be in Black Cat when....
[spoiler]Saya is killed by that creepy Creed guy. That was such an emotional scene. Also when Train had a nightmare of her being killed after she says in the dream "You can forget about me now"[/spoiler]
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:08 am

Saikano, Now and Then, and Grave of the Fireflies did it for me. As for manga, none yet, but then manga's hard to keep up with, so I watch anime instead.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:05 am

Cadence (post: 1455795) wrote:Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan turned me into a human water fountain.

Oh, yes. That was heartwrenching.

Believe it or not, Higurashi: When They Cry also set me off. It wasn't from fear, either. The second season is where most of the tears came in. A backstory like that deserves lots of tears.

The third season of Aria.

The last two episodes of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 had me bawling like a baby.

Episode 9 of Monster.
Atria35

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:15 am

I don't usually cry at well anything, but the last three episodes of Wolf's Rain had the tears coming out. Lol. I was only 13 then though. Then again, I've noticed I'm becoming a lot more emotional over the years.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:35 pm

I have! It's funny (...well, not funny, but you know what I mean :P ), because I'm really not that emotional most of the time. But, for some reason, there's something about a few stories (visual or written) that get me.

In terms of anime/manga...

Anime: I think I teared up once or twice during Scrapped Princess. Oh, and I think I also teared up near the end of Trigun [spoiler]with the death of a certain character. If you've seen it, you know who I mean; if you haven't, I'm not going to spoil it for you![/spoiler]
Manga: This one I'm certain of-- most of the last 3 volumes of Fruits Basket were so emotional and beautiful that they had me either tearing up or indeed actually crying... even when I read it a second time!

(And now that I'm thinking about it, I want to go read that series again... :) )
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Lynna » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:46 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1455759) wrote:I have, actually. XD I cried (during multiple viewings) at the end of Full Moon wo Sagashite (the anime). 'Cause it was SO SAD/HAPPY. I'm not at all ashamed to admit that. XDD

Me tooo!! Though in my opinion
[SPOILER] The ending of the manga was better XD [/spoiler]
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:48 pm

Ah yes, I forgot about that episode of Trigun, which I also cried at.

Nate

Postby TWWK » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:28 pm

On the Trigun note...I thought there were two "cry-worthy" death scenes. :P

For me, only one series actually made me cry - Clannad After Story (it's self-promotion day for me here!).
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:43 pm

TWWK wrote:On the Trigun note...I thought there were two "cry-worthy" death scenes. :P

[SPOILER]...Rem? I...I have to admit I barely remember her death scene. It certainly wasn't powerful enough or interesting enough to stick in my memory at least, and I've seen Trigun at least three or four times. It's just kind of like, okay, she died, yep, now back to the main story. Certainly nowhere near the level of Wolfwood's death.[/SPOILER]

Nate

Postby TWWK » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Nate (post: 1455978) wrote:[SPOILER]...Rem? I...I have to admit I barely remember her death scene. It certainly wasn't powerful enough or interesting enough to stick in my memory at least, and I've seen Trigun at least three or four times. It's just kind of like, okay, she died, yep, now back to the main story. Certainly nowhere near the level of Wolfwood's death.[/SPOILER]

Yep, you got it. I thought it was a good one - not as impactful as the other, but if you liked that character (as I did), the scene might've been powerful, especially the sacrificial manner in which it occured.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby steenajack » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 pm

Lynna (post: 1455747) wrote:I'm reading Hikaru no Go and Crying. I've cryed during lots of other mangas too, namely Fruits Basket. Anyone else?

OMGOSH! Hikaru no Go made me cry too! )X! It's so good though!
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:13 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1455806) wrote:There's never been an Anime or Manga to make me cry, simply because I don't cry over those things. There have been scenes that affected me, certainly, but never to the point of tears

Same for me.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Two words

Manly tears

Few things I can think of in amine and video games. There were two moving scenes in FONTS. Also, game wise, I cried at Bang's true ending in BlazBlue Calamity Trigger. I guess I can cry for characters I respect.

But other emotional key emotional scenes from anime? Nah, tend to enjoy them and at times even be affected, but at the same time, more often than not it does not even get close.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby airichan623 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Have I cried during an anime? Oh too many times too count.

Most recently, during Gundam Seed I broke a personal record and cried for the entire last 3 episodes straight. That series made me cry quite a bit... even for people I hated. (FLAY ALLSTAR)

Code Geass (including R2) had many cry moments. For me, most notably, when Shirley's dad dies, when Suzaku's past is discovered, when [spoiler]Euphie dies,when Shirley dies, when CC lost her memory, when Kallen kissed Lelouch, and when Lelouch dies (I cried every single time I saw that scene for the first 10 times)[/spoiler] I cried over that series so much you could have probably filled a bucket with them.

Fruits Basket manga was also a big crier for me, and end of the anime too.

Naruto Shippuuden I think I cried when Sasuke appeared then left the first time. I forget.

Gurren Lagann i cried at episode 8. (you know who I'm talking about)

I cried over Shugo Chara! a couple times.

FMA:Brotherhood and the manga got me a lot: I cried every single time read/watched Hughes die (which was like 5 times), when Ed confronts Roy about 'killing Maria', when Winry meets Scar, the first time I saw how they lost their bodies, the ending...a lot.

Death Note cried for [spoiler]our dearest L[/spoiler].

Kimi ni Todoke makes me cry happy tears. :'D

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby christianfriend » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:50 pm

The ONLY anime that has ever made me cry was Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star). I literally cry when any of the main characters die D: Every time. Even some of the bad guys made me cry! That series always find the most dramatic way to end a character!
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby CrystalChalice » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:30 am

airichan623 (post: 1456441) wrote:Kimi ni Todoke makes me cry happy tears. :'D

THIS.

Also, the final episodes of Ginban Kaleidoscope and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 made me cry.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby Atria35 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:36 am

CrystalChalice (post: 1456719) wrote:Also, the final episodes of Ginban Kaleidoscope and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 made me cry.

Ginban... Aw, I forgot about that show! Sooo good! Yeah, that was a tearjerker. And I'm glad to see another fan of TM 8.0
Atria35

Postby samurai10 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:40 am

It is REALLY hard to make me cry at anime. EXTREMELY. XD So, the few ones that did are real tear-jerkers XD

Clannad

Aaaaaand that's the only one that I can remember XD
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Wallachia » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:31 pm

I want to say I don't cry often at all, but if I were to include every series that made me choke up or simply wriggle out a manly tear:

Air
Angel Beats
Azumanga Daioh
Casshern Sins
Chrno Crusade
Clannad
Clannad ~After Story~
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
ef - a tale of memories
ef - a tale of melodies
Fate/Stay Night
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Kaiji
Macross Frontier
Myself;Yourself
Onegai Teacher
Planetes
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Gurren Lagann
Gurren Lagann: Lagann-hen
Gunbuster
Diebuster
Toradora!
Trigun
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Zero no Tsukaima: Futatsuki no Kishi

I think that would be every Anime I've ever shed a tear at.

Wallachia

Postby Asuka Neko » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:52 pm

I don't really cry while reading manga. Hm... only Tsubasa. Made me cry once, during either Volume 21 or 22, when Fai was being depressed and having flashbacks of his past which was also depressing. Actually, I didn't actually cry, just kinda teared up.

Video games, however... well, I WOULD cry if I played Kingdom Hearts II, which is why I don't play it. And I also cried at the end of Final Fantasy: Crisis Core. Square Enix has a thing for killing off my favorite characters.
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews