Gamecast -77 - "Greenland is Party City!â€Â

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast -77 - "Greenland is Party City!â€

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:00 pm

In this show, we talk about Greenland survival, ghost chains, the Manhattan Project, and our favorites of 2010.

You can directly download the show from this link: Right Click and Save As. Or stream the show from here.

Question to the Audience:
If you had to travel to Greenland to find your long lost father, what do you bring?
Link Antilles

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:26 am

I'm glad most of you feel the same way I feel about Red Dead. I hope that Rockstar's follow-up, LA Noire, can capture the same brilliance (while being 100% different).
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Peanut » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:01 am

Listening to the podcast right now, its pretty good.

On Recettear, I actually found an even better exploit that's frankly game breaking: go into debt. The only thing going into debt does is it puts you back to the beginning of the game and you lose the adventurer cards you have. Everything else (the items you have in stock, your merchant level, and the levels of your adventurers) you keep. So, if you go into debt later and happen to have a Treasure in stock, you can just sell that on the first day and have plenty to cover the first few bill deadlines and have a sizable amount left over which you can save for latter dates. Your adventurers should be at a high enough level to just roll through the first two dungeons (though, looking back, dungeons seem to be optional in Recettear). Recettear remains the only game I can think of where losing is a game breaker.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Peanut wrote:Recettear remains the only game I can think of where losing is a game breaker.

What about Disgaea DS where if you lose to Mid-Boss it counts as "beating" the game and then you unlock that optional character that's super powerful?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:25 pm

I beat the first playthrough on Recettear with 3 cycles. I'm currently working on getting Charme's card in a new game+, so I'm having a lot of fun with that, and I actually DID fail the first playthrough several times, intentionally, to give Louie better gear.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ich1990 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:42 am

I do think that manga and anime have done much to desensitize me towards violence, profanity, and nudity. At least when it comes to watching other manga or anime. For instance, I remember being really freaked out when I guy lost his head in Black Cat. Now, I can read JoJo and Blade of the Immortal without feeling uncomfortable about the way the characters are maimed and killed.

This desensitization does not carry over into other forms of entertainment, however, which is the funny thing. While I may watch higher content films now that I am older, I think this increase is because of my relative maturity level rather than desensitization due to anime and mange viewing. Violence still bothers me, especially if it is of the usual horror kind such as torture or against women and children.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts