Frequently Asked Questions

Talk about anything in here.

Just curious...

Postby TGJesusfreak » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:24 am

Not sure if ths is the correct area for this but I has a question.
What does the + beside a user's name mean (on CAA)?
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:08 pm

It means you have that person added onto your buddy list ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:17 pm

TGJesusfreak (post: 1413552) wrote:Not sure if ths is the correct area for this but I has a question.
What does the + beside a user's name mean (on CAA)?

Tsukuyomi (post: 1413566) wrote:It means you have that person added onto your buddy list ^^

Okay, but what else does the buddy list do?
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:24 pm

MomentOfInertia (post: 1413641) wrote:Okay, but what else does the buddy list do?

Pretty much nothing. XD It's basically a vBulletin feature that we don't really use. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Furen » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Is the site usually slow on Sundays? It seems that way, but maybe it's just today
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:34 pm

Yeah ^^ It's pretty touch and go on the weekends in general ^^

I noticed to to ^^ Fridays seem to be a slow day as well as Sundays :-? Saturdays are a bit more active then the other two weekend days ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Alcuinus » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1413645) wrote:Pretty much nothing. XD It's basically a vBulletin feature that we don't really use. XD

Actually "Quick Links->Open Buddy List" opens a popup window that allows you to easily see if they're online, PM them, and view their profiles. I thought it was useful :P
Deo Volente Deo non Fortuna
Alcuinus

how do you put multiple quotes in a post

Postby armeck » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:50 pm

i see people quote multiple people but i never really have figured out how, help anyone?
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Dr.Faust » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:15 pm

You can copy a qout and click on the qoute icon in the quick reply box.

some thing like this

Boy34: sdkjflae

Guy454: kdkd
Check out my boy's art: http://www.arttronik.com/
Dr.Faust

Postby goldenspines » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Going off of what Faust mentioned, you can also type out the code long hand with a handy little feature called quote tags.

They look like this(only, omit the asterisk): [quote*] "Put your quoted text here" [/quote]

Or, yes, you can use the quote tag button in the quick reply box (the button looks like a word bubble and it's on the far right side of the little toolbar above the text box) or in the advanced post area, it's on the bottom row of buttons, two from the far right.
goldenspines

Postby armeck » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:32 am

Dr.Faust (post: 1423107) wrote:You can copy a qout and click on the qoute icon in the quick reply box.

some thing like this

goldenspines (post: 1423110) wrote:Going off of what Faust mentioned, you can also type out the code long hand with a handy little feature called quote tags.

They look like this(only, omit the asterisk): [quote*] "Put your quoted text here"

Or, yes, you can use the quote tag button in the quick reply box (the button looks like a word bubble and it's on the far right side of the little toolbar above the text box) or in the advanced post area, it's on the bottom row of buttons, two from the far right.

thanks guys!
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Furen » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:54 am

Glad you figured it out!
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:33 pm

I'll merge this with Frequently Asked Questions ^^

Make sure not to get the quote button confused with the multi quote button ^^

You click the multi-quote button (which is to the right of the quote button) in each post you want to quote. Then, click quote on the last post you want to quote, and that will line them up for you ^^
Tsukuyomi

Manga Bible

Postby Kitsune-Mai » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:08 pm

I know this isn't exactly what this forum is targeting when it comes to Manga and Anime etc., but has anyone looked at "The Manga Bible" or "Bible Manga" (i forget which it is) to review it? It says its drawn by some Japanese dude, and I haven't read it (cuz i just cant get past the ridiculously "christian genre-y" look of the thing) but... opinions? Can we mark points off for cheeseyness? Like in the "bad religion" section? Just wondering if there were comments out there.

ah-cha~ i found it...

*facepalms* T-T its so cheesy looking~ shouldn't it look more...manga-y? *is still horrified*
Kitsune-Mai

Postby Twila27 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:50 am

I think that depends on your artistic standards, Mai. Running by because I have the two first volumes of the manga series I think you're describing (maybe I'm wrong?), Manga Messiah and Manga Metamorphoses, though I don't have the Manga Bible. They're drawn from sections rather than displaying it all (the gospels and book of Acts, respectively) and are produced by the company Tyndale, I believe. I love them, personally, because they give faces and imagery to the events that go on. Maybe other people have different opinions, but, just to point out something I find a bit odd...Cheesy art doesn't really equal bad religion. ^^;;

I thought that they were pretty serious about it the whole way through, though no matter what adaptation you come across you have to remember it is an adaptation.

Not sure if it did, but, I hope that helped! Would be glad to talk more if you wish. I'm still trying to find the third release...
Seeking to find shelter, fellowship, and healing in the community of those who love Jesus.
Twila27

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:07 am

The art isn't anything to write home about but I think they've done quite a good job adapting the Bible stories into 'manga' form.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Edward » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:33 pm

Is there a way to add more options to a poll that has already been posted?
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby goldenspines » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Edward (post: 1464246) wrote:Is there a way to add more options to a poll that has already been posted?
Not that I'm aware of.
But, you can always ask/PM a mod to add something more to your poll if you want.
goldenspines

Can't log into chat

Postby broly146 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:14 pm

Is there a second part to the verification process? I am wondering because I can't get into chat...
It's not whether you can or can't do it, it is if you do it or not. Nothing comes easy in this world, especially a job or money. I rely on Jesus to get me through these hard times of persecution.
broly146

Postby steenajack » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:24 pm

You have to have a certain # of posts before being able to go into chat. Although, the posts in Goof off and Signature Testing do not add to your post count. You can see your post count below your avatar.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby broly146 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:25 pm

exactly how many??
It's not whether you can or can't do it, it is if you do it or not. Nothing comes easy in this world, especially a job or money. I rely on Jesus to get me through these hard times of persecution.
broly146

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:41 am

The number to access chat is 15, so you should be good to go ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Postby broly146 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:45 am

It let me on ^-^
broly146

Postby broly146 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Does a RPG have to be related to a current anime/manga or can we make one up?
broly146

Postby Midori » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:08 pm

You can make an RPG about anything you want, provided it follows the rules. Many popular RPGs in the past have been based on completely original ideas. Others have been based on anime, manga, video games, and even books.
Midori

Postby Katana » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Well, that just saved me from asking you about a bagillion questions, good job XD
[color="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="3"]I am going to live forever or die trying![/SIZE][SIZE="2"]
-Katana, the coolest dork youll ever meet[/SIZE][/color]
Katana

Location: Sorry but youll have to do better then look at my user info if you want to find me

Postby SailorDove » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Is there a way to put a long bit of text into a shrinking box? (Kinda like a quote or spoiler box but grows longer when you click it.)
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:20 am

Not that I know of. Interesting idea, though (could be thrown together with a bit of CSS and JavaScript, with a fallback for people with scripts off).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby SailorDove » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Ah well, thanks for the answer though.
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Midori » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:55 pm

If everybody's got modern browsers, just CSS can do it. No need for Javascript.
Midori

Previous Next

Return to General