My webmanga "Work In Progress"

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

My webmanga "Work In Progress"

Postby dyzzispell » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Hey all,
I just thought I'd introduce you to my webcomic "Work In Progress" (link). It's about a girl named Krista, who is a Christian just starting 9th grade in a new school. She wants to show others the love of Christ, but she quickly learns it's not quite as simple as it seems. Her first test comes when she meets a boy in school who is mean to everyone. How will she react to him?

Simply said - wearing a cross doesn't make you a Christian.

Violence: 0
Language: 0
Sexual Content: 2
Nudity: 2
Bad Religion: 3

Some of these ratings actually don't fit yet, as a couple of them may come into play in Chapter 2, which isn't up yet.

Anyway, I hope you'll read it!
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
"Work In Progress" Facebook Fan Page
My DeviantART

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." - Colossians 3:23 NIV
dyzzispell

Postby Alcuinus » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:33 am

Wow! I like it! Keep up the good work. :thumb:
Deo Volente Deo non Fortuna
Alcuinus

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm on SmackJeeves now too, and I've already faved your manga. ^.^ Please update soon! I love this story!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Ante Bellum » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:52 pm

Just read through it, I like it! I think the part I really like, though, is how Krista isn't the "perfect Christian" type, and is flawed. To me at least, it makes the story much more realistic and admits that yeah, Christians are still human.
Ante Bellum

Postby dyzzispell » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm on SmackJeeves now too, and I've already faved your manga. ^.^ Please update soon! I love this story!

Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it! :P I'm actually storyboarding Chapter 2 right now, so it'll be a little bit before I get to update, but I will as soon as I can!

Just read through it, I like it! I think the part I really like, though, is how Krista isn't the "perfect Christian" type, and is flawed. To me at least, it makes the story much more realistic and admits that yeah, Christians are still human.

Thanks! Yeah, I hate when people expect us to be perfect, because if we're not, then we must be hypocrites. We are aspiring to be more like Jesus, but we are not there yet. That's the whole point of the title. It's taken from Phillippians 1:6 - "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." We will always be a "work in progress". :)

I should also note that the next chapter won't have a whole lot of Christian overtones, as I'm setting up the story for that to come in later. There will be some, but not a lot. I will deal a little with Adrian's background, and then it gets fun. :grin:
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
My DeviantART

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." - Colossians 3:23 NIV
dyzzispell

Postby ST. Attidude » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:16 pm

This work of yours is really something! Can't wait to read the next chapter! And just so ya know I've "liked" your fan page on Facebook. :)
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby dyzzispell » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:21 pm

ST. Attidude (post: 1403235) wrote:This work of yours is really something! Can't wait to read the next chapter! And just so ya know I've "liked" your fan page on Facebook. :)

Aw, thank you!! :P I'm so happy so many people like it! I guess I really better get cracking on Chapter 2 - I'm moving too slowly! :sweat:
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
My DeviantART

dyzzispell

Postby dyzzispell » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:14 pm

For anyone following my comic, I've begun Chapter 2! Right now it's only posted on Smackjeeves, but I have also updated my DeviantART account to include all of Chapter 1.

I'm going to try to keep to 1-2 pages per week on Smackjeeves, but I will have some things coming up in a month or two. I will have a table at NY Anime Festival and I will need to be preparing art for that, so I'll need to take a break for that. But until then I'll be working hard on my comic, and I hope you enjoy it! :jump:
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
My DeviantART

dyzzispell

Postby steenajack » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:15 pm

Y'know, I'm really liking your comic so far. :3! And the art's actually quite nice. Keep up the awesome work. XD!
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby dyzzispell » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:39 pm

Just thought I'd give an update.

I have up through page 9 of Chapter 2 posted on Smackjeeves, DeviantART, and Christianmanga.com, but I'm taking a break now because NY Anime Festival is coming up soon and I need to prepare for that. I'll get back to it as soon as I can though!

Also, in case anyone is interested, my comic is available in print online at IndyPlanet: [link]

And thanks again for the support!
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
My DeviantART

dyzzispell

Postby AJV » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:22 am

Nice job with the art and backgrounds.
I really like your comic! :D
Hope to see more from you soon. ^^
[url=ajvsblog.blogspot.com]Image[/url]ImageImage
AJV

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:55 pm

Dyzzispell, your manga doesn't belong to one of my reading genres and the story is quite a bit more overt than I'm used to and enjoy but your work was still good. Krista seems like a real character. Also, much of your artwork is incredible and it's great to see some different Christian themes explored. Excellent work! I'm interested to see what happens next.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Return to Webmanga/comics