Frequently Asked Questions

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 am

Ashley (post: 1335597) wrote:Mith can correct me, but I don't think you can.

Mithrandir (post: 1335991) wrote:I totally read this wrong and nearly feel on the floor laughing when I figured out what you actually meant. o.o/

Mwahahahahaha.. ha, that cracked me up just now xDDD; I didn't read it that way at all xDD I read it as it was meant.. Which is quite suprising (I guess) xD;

I have a question about grave digging o.o/))

I know most say if it's older then a year old don't post in it, but what are the conditions under that rule ^^?

What would be the perfect cut off age for a thread that's still under a year old, but old enough to be considered "dead" ^__^?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:23 am

I think the general rule is that if you're going to post in an old thread, your post needs to add something to the discussion. That or you could just make a new thread about the topic. I think for threads about stuff like movies coming out, it's okay to revive them since there are always new developments and all that jazz.

Here's a thread about it. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=9170
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:39 am

LadyRushia (post: 1337506) wrote:I think the general rule is that if you're going to post in an old thread, your post needs to add something to the discussion. That or you could just make a new thread about the topic. I think for threads about stuff like movies coming out, it's okay to revive them since there are always new developments and all that jazz.

Here's a thread about it. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=9170

Why thank you, Rushiar ^__^ I will definitely keep this in mind the next time I come across a thread older then a year 8D
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby airichan623 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:32 pm

Can someone define 'troll' for me?

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:35 pm

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=14764

Here's a thread that answers that very question in a number of helpful ways!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:25 am

[color="Plum"]In a new members thread in the Who's who section, I post "Hi.:)" like I always do when I greet a new member, but it didn't let me just type that this time. A message popped up saying "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

Why is this happening?[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:54 am

Lilac#18 (post: 1379762) wrote:[color="Plum"]In a new members thread in the Who's who section, I post "Hi.:)" like I always do when I greet a new member, but it didn't let me just type that this time. A message popped up saying "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

Why is this happening?[/color]

CAA now requires all post to have at least 10 characters ^__^ This will help prevent spam post/one worders/post made to boost up post count ^^
Tsukuyomi

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:18 pm

A phrase like, "Welcome to CAA" contains 12 characters.
Mithrandir

Postby SailorDove » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 pm

Okay, I've been trying to figure out where would be the best place to post a thread. But I give up and need to ask.

This is what I want to do. You know those question threads in Who's Who? Well, what'd I like to do is start a thread to compile all those questions into one place to create a Question Game for my friend, (who really loves games & not really online much.) I've copy & pasted about 100 of them, then I lost where I was. So I need help in the gathering of them all into one place without answers, etc.

Which area would be the most appropriate post in?
1) General
2) Who's Who
3) Goof Off
4) Miscellaneous
5) New Projects and Ideas

or somewhere else
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Since the intent is to be more of a game, I'd go for Goof Off for now!
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby rangerchris » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:07 pm

how do you know how many threads you have posted

how do you know how many private messages you have?
rangerchris

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:06 pm

rangerchris (post: 1380052) wrote:how do you know how many threads you have posted

If you go to your profile, look at "Forum Info". Click where it said "View all threads made by rangerchris" and it should also tell you how many threads you have made (all the way to the right) ^__^

Example: Showing results 1 of 14
how do you know how many private messages you have?[/QUOTE]
If you go to your Private messages, in the Folder controls, it should tell you how many PM's you have and how many you have sent ^^
Tsukuyomi

Postby SailorDove » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:37 pm

Thanks RD for the help!
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Wolf-man » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Ummm...I was considering making a thread where people say what College (this way they are not minors) they go to. Is this inappropriate? I didn't want to post it till I got the OK from the staff. Thanks!
Wolf-man

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Wolf-man (post: 1388301) wrote:Ummm...I was considering making a thread where people say what College (this way they are not minors) they go to. Is this inappropriate? I didn't want to post it till I got the OK from the staff. Thanks!

This is probably one we would rather not have on the main board. While not exactly an address, it's a bit to close to comfort from a liability stand point.

CAA Rules wrote:Personal information - Do not solicit personal information on board. If we find you are seeking said information, such as home address, telephone number, etc., for any reason, this is grounds for banning.

Thanks,
Mgmt
Mithrandir

Postby Wolf-man » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Ok I wasn't sure thanks.
Wolf-man

Please help??

Postby Libby » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:54 pm

I recently searched one of my email address (since it's linked to my real name) and found my introductory post that I made here nearly SIX YEARS ago. I was really astonished and ashamed because I way way way overshared not just my own personal information, but my dad's, acted like a total troll apparently, and then posted my email address publicly. I didn't even remember joining this board and now it's the second thing that comes up if someone searches my email!!

I know it's against your policy, and I don't deserve any special treatment from this board after the stupid way I acted way back then, but I have to ask -- is there anyway you could just remove my email address from the last post on this thread?

Nowadays I'm way more careful with privacy and so on but back then I was so stupid and careless... So sorry for taking up your time...
Libby

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:58 pm

Taken care of! Hope that helped!

Radical Dreamer

Postby Libby » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!
Libby

Postby Twila27 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:12 am

This might sound a bit...obvious?
But, when there's a problem or argument in chat...
What should users do?

That I have to ask this on CAA, and hear about dissension between users...
I hope there's a simple answer. >.<;
Seeking to find shelter, fellowship, and healing in the community of those who love Jesus.
Twila27

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu May 27, 2010 11:40 am

Honestly, the best thing to do is to try to keep things civil. Disagreements and arguments are a part of life, and they can flare up much faster in the chat than they do on the boards. Still, there's no excuse for disrespect and mudslinging amongst members. If no one listens to your attempts to make peace and there isn't already a mod present, then quietly back down and leave the chat until the air has cleared. Using your best judgement as to whether or not the situation ought to be noted (not every argument does, but if the situation got more intense and CAA's rules were broken), PM a mod with information and possibly a log of what happened. If we think the problem is serious enough, we can take it from there!

Radical Dreamer

Postby Twila27 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt answer. ^^
Seeking to find shelter, fellowship, and healing in the community of those who love Jesus.
Twila27

Postby Wolf-man » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:47 am

What is the rule on bumping topics? Like I was considering starting a topic but I searched and saw there was already a topic on the same thing. However, no one has posted in it for 2 or 3 years. Also I wanted to post in a topic but no one has posted in it since April. Thanks!
Wolf-man

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:08 am

Honestly, if the last post in a topic is three or more years old, it's best to just create a new thread. Even if you did have something of dire, dire importance to say, it's likely that many of the members posting in that thread may not even be active anymore, so it wouldn't matter. XD

When the last post in a topic is only a few months to a year old, gravedigging that is a little more acceptable, especially if you have something of value to add to the thread (or if it's the thread for a television show, and a new season is starting up). The only exception here is if the thread is a few months to a year old and is home to a raging, off-topic argument. If you're interested in posting about the original topic, make a new thread to keep from re-opening an old can of worms. If you're interested in posting about the off-topic argument, go write an LJ entry about it and leave the thread to rest in peace. XDD

Use your best discretion, but those are some general rules for how to know which threads are okay for posting and which threads are best to let sink. Hope that helps!

Radical Dreamer

Postby GeneD » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:45 am

What happens if you send someone a PM and their inbox is full? Do they get a notificatio, does the message appear when they've made some space or is it just never received?
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm pretty sure they get an email notification of their inbox being full, but I think the message never shows up for them since in a way it was never sent (due to the full inbox) :-? It may be wise to send them another message once they do get it cleared out ^^
Tsukuyomi

Postby Hetharu » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:54 pm

I have a problem/question. Just saying ahead of time; sorry if this question has been asked before or is addressed somewhere already.

The CAA chat doesn't work for me. I have my settings set with the new site theme (as it said in the first post in this thread), and yet it still doesn't work for me. It gives the unverified user response and that my account has to be verified (which I thought was what I did when clicking the link in my email) before I can use it, and there there will be a little bit of time before I can access it.

So I'm wondering, is there a glitch? Is the chat for the entire site down? Or maybe I have to wait for a certain amount of time/attain a certain amount of posts before I can use the chat?

Sorry, please and thank you. :x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="2"][color="Red"]I can't[/color][color="Orange"] whistle, so[/color][color="Yellow"] I just say[/color][color="Lime"] the words[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] "wheet-whoo".[/color][color="DarkOrchid"]
- Fai D. Flourite[/color][/SIZE]
Hetharu

Location: In the Land of Rainbows, beyond Unicorn Mountain in Marshmallow Woods~ ಡಿωಡ&#

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:18 pm

You'll need to reach a certain amount of posts (not in Goof Off or Signature Testing) before you're allowed use of the chat.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Hetharu » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:31 pm

Ah I see. Thanks. :o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="2"][color="Red"]I can't[/color][color="Orange"] whistle, so[/color][color="Yellow"] I just say[/color][color="Lime"] the words[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] "wheet-whoo".[/color][color="DarkOrchid"]
- Fai D. Flourite[/color][/SIZE]
Hetharu

Location: In the Land of Rainbows, beyond Unicorn Mountain in Marshmallow Woods~ ಡಿωಡ&#

Postby XIV_whisper » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:05 pm

oh so that's why my name didn't appear on the members list. thank you fer that infermation. :thumb:
XIV_whisper

Previous Next

Return to General