Review Requests//Database updates

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby QuirkyIceHeart » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too... I submitted a review and it went up really, REALLY quickly... Hmm. Maybe they're just that fast :P

Out of curiosity, who annoyed you...?
[I]“Love crosses all boundaries, and is often shot for trespassing.â€
QuirkyIceHeart

Location: IN YOUR FACE. And the internet. And my personal dream worlds B) Arkansas for you boring people :P

Postby Atria35 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:33 pm

QuirkyIceHeart (post: 1388096) wrote:Yeah, I noticed that too... I submitted a review and it went up really, REALLY quickly... Hmm. Maybe they're just that fast :P

Out of curiosity, who annoyed you...?

Erm.... Well, Watanuki did. I know he's the main character- I did sympathize with him at first, I really did! But then his honest complaints started to seem more like whining. He also acted in some annoying, selfish ways that irked me after a while. Again, this was only for the anime version, so I have no idea whether it would be/seem like that in the manga. And from what I hear, he does get better about it in the manga.

*thinks hard* I know that AnimeGirl has a review site of her own, and she's reviewed the first volume of the manga. So here: http://breakingmetalwindows.blogspot.com/ She reviews with Christians in mind, so that would be a start. I can PM with any other manga review sites I can find that might help, too.
Atria35

Postby wildpurplechild » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:27 pm

Yeah, both of my reviews went up quickly, but I didn't get a PM from the mods.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby QuirkyIceHeart » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Oh! Thanks for the link :D
QuirkyIceHeart

Location: IN YOUR FACE. And the internet. And my personal dream worlds B) Arkansas for you boring people :P

Postby AnimeGirl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:04 pm

Atria35 (post: 1388105) wrote:Erm.... Well, Watanuki did. I know he's the main character- I did sympathize with him at first, I really did! But then his honest complaints started to seem more like whining. He also acted in some annoying, selfish ways that irked me after a while. Again, this was only for the anime version, so I have no idea whether it would be/seem like that in the manga. And from what I hear, he does get better about it in the manga.

*thinks hard* I know that AnimeGirl has a review site of her own, and she's reviewed the first volume of the manga. So here: http://breakingmetalwindows.blogspot.com/ She reviews with Christians in mind, so that would be a start. I can PM with any other manga review sites I can find that might help, too.

Awww...why do you not like Watanuki? He's my favorite character! I finished the anime and loved it (still need to buy more manga volumes), now all I need is to await xxxHOLiC Kei. I think Watanuk is hilarious. Volume 6 of the DVDs was sad though, it made me cry. I didn't know xxxHOLiC could make me cry, but it did!

Oh wow, you linked to my blog. XD!!!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:16 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1389847) wrote:Awww...why do you not like Watanuki? He's my favorite character! I finished the anime and loved it (still need to buy more manga volumes), now all I need is to await xxxHOLiC Kei. I think Watanuk is hilarious. Volume 6 of the DVDs was sad though, it made me cry. I didn't know xxxHOLiC could make me cry, but it did!

In all honesty, I thought it was really good. But, as for Watanuki.... [SPOILER]It was how time after time he was rescued, but all his thanks had to be drawn out of him, and then his behaviour went right back to being brash and mean, and in my opinion, downright spiteful. And it didn't get better. It was every single time. Twenty six episodes was all I could take of that. All the sympathy I had for him dried up by the end, and all I wanted him to do was man up and be civilized, for once.[/SPOILER]

Oh wow, you linked to my blog. XD!!!
Ah! Yeah:sweat:. Well, it was really well done, and seemed like just the thing to give her some insight. Glad you don't mind too much!
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:53 pm

Atria35 (post: 1389888) wrote:In all honesty, I thought it was really good. But, as for Watanuki.... [SPOILER]It was how time after time he was rescued, but all his thanks had to be drawn out of him, and then his behaviour went right back to being brash and mean, and in my opinion, downright spiteful. And it didn't get better. It was every single time. Twenty six episodes was all I could take of that. All the sympathy I had for him dried up by the end, and all I wanted him to do was man up and be civilized, for once.[/SPOILER]

Well, actually he does get better, but that's further down in the manga (and second season, I believe). Where he will....

[spoiler]Begin to complain less and less, and he actually starts to not get so irritated around Doumeki. I've read volume 15 (because it has a shocking ending about Yuuko and I wanted to read it). And man, the final chapter of that volume made me cry.[/spoiler]

Ah! Yeah:sweat:. Well, it was really well done, and seemed like just the thing to give her some insight. Glad you don't mind too much!

Thank you so much for saying I did well. ^_^
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

AnimeGirl

Postby mkalv » Fri May 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Since I recently finished reading Full Moon o Sagashite by Arina Tanemura, maybe I could review it.
mkalv

Postby Atria35 » Sat May 15, 2010 4:45 am

mkalv (post: 1394346) wrote:Since I recently finished reading Full Moon o Sagashite by Arina Tanemura, maybe I could review it.

Well, there's already a review for that manga in the database :sweat:
Easy way to check that for any manga is to go look at the reviews section.
But if you do end up reading something that isn't in the database, really hoping to see a review from you for it!
Atria35

Postby mkalv » Sat May 15, 2010 7:12 am

Atria35 (post: 1394442) wrote:Well, there's already a review for that manga in the database :sweat:
Easy way to check that for any manga is to go look at the reviews section.
But if you do end up reading something that isn't in the database, really hoping to see a review from you for it!

Whoops!:red:

Well, since Nightmare Inspector by Shin Mashiba isn't listed, I'll review that one, as I just finished all 9 volumes.
mkalv

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:31 pm

[color="Plum"]Could someone please review Tail of the Moon?[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:37 am

Lilac#18 (post: 1402366) wrote:[color="Plum"]Could someone please review Tail of the Moon?[/color]

You know, one of my friends has been raving about this one to me... Maybe I'll take a look?

Edit: Done. Review up. But it was very hard.
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Could someone review the second half of Cardcaptor Sakura, Master of The Clow? I've already read the review here for the first six volumes, but I'd like a review for the final six before I decide on reading it.

AnimeGirl

Postby QuirkyIceHeart » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:20 am

AnimeGirl (post: 1390055) wrote:Well, actually he does get better, but that's further down in the manga (and second season, I believe). Where he will....

[spoiler]Begin to complain less and less, and he actually starts to not get so irritated around Doumeki. I've read volume 15 (because it has a shocking ending about Yuuko and I wanted to read it). And man, the final chapter of that volume made me cry.[/spoiler]

Thank you so much for saying I did well. ^_^

I'm with you on Watanuki ^_^ I didn't think it was that he went back to being mean... His whining/brashness was more out of... friendly rivalry, especially later on. A couple specific instances, he's acting 'mean' towards Domeki to hide that he was really really thankful, and the 'whining' was mostly comical and even affectionate towards the people he whined to... He didn't whine at people he didn't like >_>

As for volume 15 and afterwards (online stuff... heh)
[spoiler]Would I be martyred if I said I don't like Watanuki as much now? ^^]
That being said, I still LOVE this series :D

Ooh! And you wrote the review, then? Awesome! Thank you thank you ^_^ And, as you might have noticed, I ended up reading the series :)
QuirkyIceHeart

Postby wildpurplechild » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:11 pm

Did anyone elso see the double Franken fran review? Also, I was wondering if I could review Shugo Chara Encore.
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby samurai10 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:06 am

haha, i saw this thread right after i submitted a review of Boku ni natta Watashi. i don't think i put any spoilers or anything bad in it, and i think it's completed, but i'm not entirely sure since i read it online. boku ni natta watashi is really annoying.....
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Atria35 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:00 am

samurai10 (post: 1429424) wrote:haha, i saw this thread right after i submitted a review of Boku ni natta Watashi. i don't think i put any spoilers or anything bad in it, and i think it's completed, but i'm not entirely sure since i read it online. boku ni natta watashi is really annoying.....

Don't worry about it. I'm excited to read your review!
Atria35

Postby samurai10 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:24 pm

he, it's an extremely bad review. i mean, i gave it a 4, and for good reasons....
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Atria35 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:26 pm

submitted a review for Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge
Atria35

Postby J.D3 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:42 pm

Ashley (post: 431839) wrote:Last updated: 12.31.08 - Victorian Romance Emma added (17 pending)

Only completed reviews will be accepted. If the series is licensed, the review must be based on the official licensed material. Only when a series is unlicensed may it be based on scanlations

By the way, the list was extremely outdated so it has been axed. If you are curious as to if anyone else has written a review still in the pending area, please PM me!

Hi Ashley! Is there any change to how Reviews should be written?
Also, as I'm planning to write a Review of an anime soon, is there a place where I can find all the necessary details of going about doing that?
I'm new to CAA, so just unsure about stuff :)
J.D3

Postby Atria35 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:45 am

J.D3 (post: 1440017) wrote:Hi Ashley! Is there any change to how Reviews should be written?
Also, as I'm planning to write a Review of an anime soon, is there a place where I can find all the necessary details of going about doing that?
I'm new to CAA, so just unsure about stuff :)

I think I already welcomed you to the boards, but...

I'm not Ashley, but since I've reviewed a few titles, I think I can help you :) (Especially since Ashley isn't active anymore)

Basically, to submit a review you need to be logged in, and you'll see a 'submit review' button on the respective anime/manga reviews pages. I personaly copied down what I found on the submissions page, since it's not an outright 'type down a whole review'- you have buttons to click and separate boxes for things like 'details on bad religion', etc. You don't absolutely have to submit a review if you go onto that page, so it's easy to just take a look at what's on there.

Basically, all that's asked for is good grammer, spelling, and punctuation, and try to be objective.

What's on the Anime review submission page is almost the same as the Maga review submission page, but you might want to check them both out just so you know what to be looking for in the respective mediums.
Atria35

Postby J.D3 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Atria35 (post: 1440055) wrote:I think I already welcomed you to the boards, but...

I'm not Ashley, but since I've reviewed a few titles, I think I can help you :) (Especially since Ashley isn't active anymore)

Basically, to submit a review you need to be logged in, and you'll see a 'submit review' button on the respective anime/manga reviews pages. I personaly copied down what I found on the submissions page, since it's not an outright 'type down a whole review'- you have buttons to click and separate boxes for things like 'details on bad religion', etc. You don't absolutely have to submit a review if you go onto that page, so it's easy to just take a look at what's on there.

Basically, all that's asked for is good grammer, spelling, and punctuation, and try to be objective.

What's on the Anime review submission page is almost the same as the Maga review submission page, but you might want to check them both out just so you know what to be looking for in the respective mediums.

Thanks heaps for that, I'll look into it straight away!
J.D3

Postby wildpurplechild » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Can anyone recomend a good shojo or horror (but not to scary or gory, more like creepy) manga that wouldn't have too much objectable material? Also I would like a now-typical plot. I'm really interested in stories like Death Note if that helps.
wildpurplechild

Postby Midori » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:13 pm

wildpurplechild (post: 1444080) wrote:Can anyone recomend a good shojo or horror (but not to scary or gory, more like creepy) manga that wouldn't have too much objectable material? Also I would like a now-typical plot. I'm really interested in stories like Death Note if that helps.
You'd probably get more answers if you made that request in the Manga Recommendations thread.
Midori

Postby wildpurplechild » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Woops sorry!
wildpurplechild

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:11 am

Submitted a review for Baby & Me
Atria35

Postby J.D3 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:19 am

I'm considering writing a review for "Shin Angyo Onshi". First I'd have learn how to review manga properly though, then find some time to do it, haha!
Will keep yal' posted! :thumb:
J.D3

Haruchi Suzumiya

Postby Watermaster2 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Could someone do a review for Haruchi Suzumiya? :n_n:
Watermaster2

Postby Atria35 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:57 pm

Watermaster2 (post: 1517034) wrote:Could someone do a review for Haruchi Suzumiya? :n_n:

Well, it's still ongoing, but sure! My library has a good number of the volumes that are out, and I can get all that are out through the system. You'd just need to give me until the middle of December to read it.
Atria35

Postby Watermaster2 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:54 pm

Atria35 (post: 1517172) wrote:Well, it's still ongoing, but sure! My library has a good number of the volumes that are out, and I can get all that are out through the system. You'd just need to give me until the middle of December to read it.

Thank you very much, Atria35! Take all the time you need. :thumb:
Watermaster2

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews