CAA Radio – Episode 22 – “Black Eyeâ€Â

The anime/manga/forums podcast

CAA Radio – Episode 22 – “Black Eyeâ€

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:01 am

In this show, we are joined by a special guest, fight awful CG bugs, throw mops, break the fabric of time and space, and talk about Mongolian art!

You can directly download the show from this link: Right Click and Save As. Or stream the show from here.

Enjoy!
Link Antilles

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:07 am

Hurray! This makes me happy!

You just gave me something to go do my chores to.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby goldenspines » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:13 am

The intro song....I can die happy now. <333
goldenspines

Postby blkmage » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:51 am

Guys, there is already an orchestral arrangement of music from Phoenix Wright. In fact, there are two such albums, both titled something like Gyakuten Meets Orchestra, and a Jazz arrangement album titled Gyakuten Meets Jazz Soul. FYI, Gyakuten Saiban is the Japanese name for the Ace Attorney series. Also, those albums are awesome.
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:39 pm

So that was pretty awesome. Ending with Libera Me From Hell was an epic end. I'm glad Link discovered the greatness of Gurren Lagann.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby ich1990 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Brotherhood has gotten to some of the King Bradley fights? I am going to have to go look up some episodes now.....

That ending song was from Gurren Lagann? Now I am going to have to watch some of it.

Also, what exactly was Mary's selfish reason for wanting to buy everyone on CAA tickets to Otakon? I don't think she ever fully mentioned it.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby goldenspines » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:18 pm

ich1990 (post: 1381132) wrote: Also, what exactly was Mary's selfish reason for wanting to buy everyone on CAA tickets to Otakon? I don't think she ever fully mentioned it.

Selfish? So I could meet you all whether you wanted to meet me or not. :D
Though, I can't imagine too many people would be upset about free plane and con tickets, but still...
goldenspines

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:53 pm

I'm so used to being in voice chat with you guys, that I'm always wanting to reply to you guys XDDD; This is so weird XDDD

"Fish, telephone :o" XDDD

Goldy, I would love to go to Otakon, but I could never ask such a thing from you <333
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby ich1990 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:33 am

Here is the image from A Young Bride's Story that was spoken of during the podcast:

goldenspines (post: 1381136) wrote:Selfish? So I could meet you all whether you wanted to meet me or not. :D
Though, I can't imagine too many people would be upset about free plane and con tickets, but still...
Okay, fair enough. I think that it is a bit of a stretch to call that selfish, though. You have set a difficult act for the next guest to follow. I look forward to the next episode.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:18 am

Excellent Episode. I really enjoyed it! :)
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:34 am

ich1990 (post: 1381194) wrote:Here is the image from A Young Bride's Story that was spoken of during the podcast:
Actually, this was the image I used.

It's probably difficult to tell since I shoehorned it down to fit better in a forum post, but every crosshatch, curly, and design is in there.

Also, here's my official Why SBR Would Be Difficult To Animate image.

Yes, those are three dudes teleporting out of another dead dude. With newsprint paper-mâché haircuts.
Fish and Chips

Postby GeneD » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:49 am

I’m really glad this is back! So far the shows are great. Keep it up. :)

Topic ideas:

Fish and Chips (post: 1381212) wrote:For convenience, Gene, I should ask you to keep everything like this in the thread we have tacked up in general.

My bad. I actually had both threads open and posted into the wrong one. My ideas have been moved. :)
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:13 am

[quote="GeneD (post: 1381211)"]I’m really glad this is back! So far the shows are great. Keep it up. :)

Topic ideas:

1. What do you think about anime merchandise, like art books, plushies, figurines, model kits etc? Do you own any such merchandise, think it’s a money-making gimmick or just a natural part of most forms of “screenâ€
Fish and Chips

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:03 pm

Great episode all you presenter-types.

Good job Goldy!

I found the discussion on the American manga to be riveting. It was obvious you guys were passionate about it, and, because of that, this particular segment of the podcast was on a different level than what has come before. Informative and stimulating discussion, all participants. You had me pumping my fist in the air, shouting in affirmation. So yeah, anytime you guys want to discuss something weighty, or, at the least, something you feel strongly about, I would encourage following through on that.

BTW Fish...considering your sensibilities, you'd like Ergo Proxy. Promise.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:26 pm

What the-- How did I miss this? I will be listening later.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:04 am

very interesting episode everyone!
Goldy, it was neat to get to learn more about you! ^_^/

The anime you all suggested sounded pretty cool, and I kind of want to read Otoyomegatari... >_>'''

XDDD I didn't think you all would have such a negative response to the American made stuff. It is interesting to hear your opinions...

Personally, if famous titles get people into reading comics because its about their favorite book series, then I'm all for it...

I guess I've just had good luck with the comics I've selected. Maximum Ride and another series which will remain nameless have REALLY awesome artwork... haha!

Anways, thanks for a great show! I forward to the next one!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby goldenspines » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:46 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1382673) wrote:XDDD I didn't think you all would have such a negative response to the American made stuff. It is interesting to hear your opinions...

Personally, if famous titles get people into reading comics because its about their favorite book series, then I'm all for it...

I guess I've just had good luck with the comics I've selected. Maximum Ride and another series which will remain nameless have REALLY awesome artwork... haha!

Anways, thanks for a great show! I forward to the next one!

Oh, Maximum Ride! I knew there was an American "manga" I had read, but I just couldn't remember at the time.
But, Maximum Ride isn't manga, it's considered more manhwa. Though, I think the discussion still applies. Manga or manhwa cannot be defined by a certain art style(awesome or not) or other elements. Though, if there was a series that came close to being purely being manhwa (even though the story was written by an American, the art was by a Korean artist), that would be Maximum Ride. In my humble opinion, at least.
Concerning books becoming comics(or manga/manhwa), I'm not against, but like one of the guys commented, many of the books they are converting to comics/manga are not the best choices. Plus, a lot of manga do reflect some already written books' plots]Kuroshitsuji[/I] reflects a lot of elements that are in the classic play Faust. The basis of the plot is literally the same as well: Deal with the devil, who then becomes your servant).

/very late posted thoughts.

P.S. I am rather curious about this nameless series. XD;
goldenspines

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:43 pm

goldenspines (post: 1382842) wrote:Oh, Maximum Ride! I knew there was an American "manga" I had read, but I just couldn't remember at the time.
But, Maximum Ride isn't manga, it's considered more manhwa. Though, I think the discussion still applies. Manga or manhwa cannot be defined by a certain art style(awesome or not) or other elements. Though, if there was a series that came close to being purely being manhwa (even though the story was written by an American, the art was by a Korean artist), that would be Maximum Ride. In my humble opinion, at least.
Concerning books becoming comics(or manga/manhwa), I'm not against, but like one of the guys commented, many of the books they are converting to comics/manga are not the best choices. Plus, a lot of manga do reflect some already written books' plots]Kuroshitsuji[/I] reflects a lot of elements that are in the classic play Faust. The basis of the plot is literally the same as well: Deal with the devil, who then becomes your servant).

/very late posted thoughts.

P.S. I am rather curious about this nameless series. XD;

You are correct, I should have specified that the art for these series is indeed done by Korean artists...which is something I am really annoyed about! XD we have plenty of talent here, why outsource it? Okay, okay...cheaper...I know... haha! I just wish they would have like looked for American talent to do the American stories...you know? I would have loved to work on some of the projects they are releasing! haha! Oh well the artwork is amazing... :P

Ehh...not saying. XD I'd get da boot. but I will say this: The artwork is definately an A.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby airichan623 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:33 pm

I really loved goldy-san's feminine perspective in there! Goldy, you should totally do it again! And, ironically i had just mentioned to a friend that I wish everyone in the CAA could have a meet and greet.

Now I definetly need to see the Tegami Bachi anime.

Do it again guys! I love the podcast!

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby airichan623 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am

bradley...bradley...bradley... great now in the latest dub episode of brotherhood im sitting trying not to start screaming bradley or think about chuck norris w/ five swords. XD

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts