warriors

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

warriors

Postby rangerchris » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:40 pm

has anybody ever read the books warriors there really interesting you should read them by erin hunter there about cats in four clans who live there own lives
rangerchris

Postby goldenspines » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:26 pm

Moved to Book Corner. Be careful where you place threads in the future.

I read some of the first books in the Warriors series, not the most recent ones though. They are enjoyable reads, especially if you like cats. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby rocklobster » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:03 am

I've been reading them too. It's kinda like Watership Down, but with cats. I say Watership Down because like that story, there's a little more blood than you think there'd be in a story meant for kids.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby SeraphicCharm » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:51 am

Haha, I'm not even a big fan of cats and I think it's a cool storyline! I haven't actually read the books yet, but I've been to the website numerous times and read a bunch of synopses. You can even get your Warrior name and clan on the website, too! And I know there are some people who made a YouTube "fanimation" for the books, and it's actually pretty decent quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mMWz9evo-s&feature=PlayList&p=0063E6C0AE2094A2&index=0
SeraphicCharm

Postby RainbowSounds » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:04 pm

I like cats so I read it. I haven't been keeping up with the last few books though.....I just read the spoilers online XD
"Life is like woodshavings. Except when its in a pail, because then its a pail of woodshavings."
RainbowSounds

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:27 pm

I read the books to, one of my favorite series! The first and second series where the best. :D
TopazRaven

Postby rocklobster » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:27 pm

Hey Topaz, I saw your pairing. That's my favorite too! BTW, is it just me or does Tawnypelt seem like the only good member of Shadowclan?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:07 pm

rocklobster (post: 1436980) wrote:Hey Topaz, I saw your pairing. That's my favorite too! BTW, is it just me or does Tawnypelt seem like the only good member of Shadowclan?

Haha, yay! Most of the time it does seem like that. Blackstar does have some redeaming quilities at times, though I still haven't forgiven him for what he did to poor Stonefur. Tigerheart and his siblings don't seem bad either. Though I worry for Tigerheart sometimes. xD I'm not sure if you've read Power of Three or Omen of the Stars yet?
TopazRaven

Postby Atria35 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:24 pm

I haven't read it, but today while I was wandering the bookshelves of my local library I discovered that they have the entire series- except the first book in it had been checked out! So I'm going to wait until it's back in to read it.
Atria35

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:41 pm

Atria35 (post: 1436995) wrote:I haven't read it, but today while I was wandering the bookshelves of my local library I discovered that they have the entire series- except the first book in it had been checked out! So I'm going to wait until it's back in to read it.

Cool! Let me know how you like it once you get the chance to read it. xD
TopazRaven

Postby rocklobster » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:48 am

TopazRaven (post: 1436991) wrote:Haha, yay! Most of the time it does seem like that. Blackstar does have some redeaming quilities at times, though I still haven't forgiven him for what he did to poor Stonefur. Tigerheart and his siblings don't seem bad either. Though I worry for Tigerheart sometimes. xD I'm not sure if you've read Power of Three or Omen of the Stars yet?

Don't spoil me!:stressed: I'm halfway through with Power of Three. BTW, is the Seekers stuff any good?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:27 am

I'm sorry! I hope I didn't give to much away! Who is your favorite character from Power of Three? I love Hollypaw! Lionpaw and Jaypaw are cool to, but I didn't like Jaypaw's attitude in the first few books. As for Seekers, I think they are good, but nowhere near as good as Warriors. The first book is a bit boring, most of the people I've talked to about it having gotten past the first book.
TopazRaven

Postby rocklobster » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:06 pm

I think the best characters from the series so far are Brambleclaw, Squirrelflight (loved the character development on her in the second series), Firestar, and Leafpool. The only characters I really don't like are Cloudtail and Mothwing.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Yeah, I'll agree with you on that. I've always loved Firestar, Brambleclaw, Squirrelflight and Leafpool. I liked Ashfur in the second series, not so much the third. I disliked Cloudtail when in the first series, but he seems ok in the second and third.
TopazRaven

Return to Book Corner