TheSubtleDoctor

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:34 am

I truly hope it will...
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:02 pm

I think a revival is unlikely. Last I heard from Link Antilles, the level of difficulty in coordinating everyone's schedules for the recording was a bit too much.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:40 pm

This would great, but I'd imagine it to be very difficult to get everyone around :\ We do however, have the podcast, but I can see how that's a bit different ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Our biggest issue was that we had at least 3 different time zones involved in the recording process, and multiple work and more importantly, school schedules. The podcasts became more and more irregular due to the scheduling mayhem, especially since the recording host was in one time zone and two of the three other hosts several hours off. Some things have changed since then so I suppose we could try to resurrect this project at some point. One of the issues is that we probably need a Mod on the podcast to help keep people from saying things they shouldn't.

In other words, it could come back, but we'd have to change the cast lineup somewhat, possibly including the recording person and the staff member on the podcast, since Link was getting rocked trying to schedule both podcasts regularly around his and all the other members schedules.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Do you remember the old cast lineup ^^? Do you remember what topics there were ^^?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Final Cast: Me Fish&Chips, LinkAntilles and CrashWindthorn

Topics: Whatever was on the site at the time.

My opinion...

Needs a total overhaul. Tighter program schedule, non-recording support team (content generation), possibly a smaller recording team so schedules are less hectic to work with. At least one of the people in the lineup isn't on the site anymore anyways.

I'd propose a task force or something to get it going again, but I'd want input from the other people that are still around before progressing,as well as staff.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:42 am

Ok, I could reboot the show if we did one per month. A *set* Friday night or Sunday afternoon/evening would actually make this work.

If Mech and maybe Fish would be up for that, I'd give it another shot.
Link Antilles

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:09 am

With stabilized Schedules that could be totally possible. In addition, we're looking at some other segments that could be recorded at more convenient times that could be spliced in later to make scheduling even less of an issue. Would you like a PM with some of the new ideas me and Fish came up with or...

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:25 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I was going through iTunes trying to find a good anime podcast to listen to, and I stumbled across CAA's old listing. There are no files there...bummer.

I would love to see a revival of CAA Radio. I'm not much of a gamer, so the Gamecast doesn't really interest me as much as the original podcast did.[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Mr. Rogers » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:19 pm

If you need someone on the back end of things (someone to record, edit, w/e) I can do it. PM me if needed.
Mr. Rogers

Postby RidleyofZebes » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Ah, I miss the old CAA cast... I'd be willing to pitch in some effort to get it back running. I'm pretty handy with audacity and whatever else. Though... <_< Wait, that's right. I'm on Dial-up. Well, still. I'd love to help if I could. :)
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:56 pm

I am so glad I asked. The prospect of this coming back is very exciting. I can't offer any help on the tech side of things, mostly because that would end in tears (read: I am not qualified). However, if you need someone to talk about anime once a month (or more or less regularly) I am totes down, as the kids say. At the very least, you've got a loyal listener/subscriber and email contributor here.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby goldenspines » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:01 pm

Though I think I've posted my opinion on this elsewhere, I will mentioned it here as well. It would warm my heart to see the CAA Podcast revived. Granted, if it doesn't give Link (or the rest of the cast) too much stress trying to organize. :\

I fear I can not provide any help in production, but I know I will be one of the many faithful listeners. :3 Though, if you can think of some way for me to help, I'll gladly chip in if possible.
goldenspines

Postby Saint Kevin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:13 pm

I actually work at a radio station.

This one.

Should you guys need some pro sounding liners, sweepers, intros, outros, or imaging - let me know. I'm in the production room goofing off a few hours a week anyway...I might as well help out in any way I can. I rock a ProTools LE setup, so editing and sweetening is actually a possibility.

Though Skype isn't on the studio computers currently, I could probably run it off of a flash drive and join the banter if you'd need a co-host.

Also, it would be nice if I could do a 3-5 minute devotional or something, if you feel the space is there for it (along with the desire for it on the part of listeners). My concern is, if no one is listening, or if this is just a selfish endeavor...why do it?

If it can bear fruit for the Kingdom, why not go all out?

Pray about it, then, should things come together, PM me if you feel like I can help.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks for the offers to help folks! On the technical side of things, I think we are okay at the moment.

After we get a new show up, we will talk about the possibility of adding new people. For right now, I like Mech's suggestion of a smaller and focused team.

I'm going to talk with Mech via PM and get this thing rolling. In the meantime, I want to know what you guys want to hear about on the show. More of an Anime focus? Maybe some Manga? Entertainment news? Forum happenings? Etc.
Link Antilles

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:57 am

I think forum happenings would be great ^__^

Wait, would that be like site updates o.o? Or, topics going around the boards ^^? Anime would be nice ^^ One of the cast members can talk about what anime they're watching ^__^ Or, talk about what manga they're reading ^^

If you guys do decide to take another cast member, how would you guys go about finding one ^^? Will voice interviews be the way to go ^__^?
Tsukuyomi

Postby goldenspines » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:56 pm

Link Antilles (post: 1373665) wrote:Thanks for the offers to help folks! On the technical side of things, I think we are okay at the moment.

After we get a new show up, we will talk about the possibility of adding new people. For right now, I like Mech's suggestion of a smaller and focused team.

I'm going to talk with Mech via PM and get this thing rolling. In the meantime, I want to know what you guys want to hear about on the show. More of an Anime focus? Maybe some Manga? Entertainment news? Forum happenings? Etc.

As tedious as it may have been in the past, I was always happy to hear when certain anime were going to be released and even manga volumes for that matter. ^_^

I'm down for entertainment news as well.

Echoing a bit of what Tsuki mentioned, forum happenings are cool, but I like the idea of talking about anime/manga the cast is currently watching/reading if at all possible. ^_^
(though considering two of you guys are also playing video games as well (for the Gamecast), you may not have much time for anime on top of that. D: ).

I think what made the podcast great when it was running was that it contained a little bit of everything. Granted, I think anime should play a bigger role than it did (my opinion only, though), but when you also throw some other stuff in there, it becomes more interesting and fun to listen to. :D
goldenspines

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:20 pm

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1373513) wrote:I am so glad I asked. The prospect of this coming back is very exciting.
Mech and I have been discussing a probable revival of CAA Radio for a couple months now, actually. Good timing to bring it out in to the open, however.
TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1373513) wrote:At the very least, you've got a loyal listener/subscriber and email contributor here.
General consensus is that we'll have a thread where people can request topics for open discussion, and we'll pick several for the meat of the show. People can post anything topical, though preferably not highly controversial, serious or just for fun. For example, you could ask about the history of Christianity in Japan, or something like the top five Samurai Manga, or what we think of the Big Three (Roosevelt, Churchill, and One Piece). Favorite studios, super robots vs. real robots, anything really.

This should keep things relevant to the board's interests without having to scoop for stuff to talk about.
Fish and Chips

Postby Nate » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:20 pm

I think a thread where people request topics for discussion is a good idea. At any rate, it beats "Let's talk about threads people have already read and we could easily post in" which I thought was the weakest aspect of the show, because, well, people already read them and the hosts could easily post in them.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1373668) wrote:Wait, would that be like site updates o.o? Or, topics going around the boards ^^? Anime would be nice ^^ One of the cast members can talk about what anime they're watching ^__^ Or, talk about what manga they're reading ^^

If you guys do decide to take another cast member, how would you guys go about finding one ^^? Will voice interviews be the way to go ^__^?

I think due to the schedule being moved to only once a month... forum happenings aside from major, major events would be a bad idea. Most stuff would be long past and settled by the time we started talking about them.

Interview methods are still being looked into, as are applications for any extra people.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby airichan623 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:04 pm

you should have a segment where a bunch of people act out in funny voices the best chat/ chatbot moments on record. they r public domain so why not? or maybe recommendations to the top goof off games of the week/month.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Now that we have a new official thread on this, I'm gonna do a little lock-and-redirect action here. XD

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=54983

Here's the new, official thread for suggesting topics and all manner of other things for the CAA Podcast!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts