Gamecast – Episode 61 – “Jedi onlyâ€Â

The anime/manga/forums podcast

Gamecast – Episode 61 – “Jedi onlyâ€

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:17 am

In this show, we talk about the best version of Episode I: Pod Racer and update you on Nate’s Final Fantasy XII journey.

Apologies for the sound quality in this one. We'll get the next show sounding better.

Stream the show from here or download it directly from here.

Question to the Audience
What's the longest amount of time you have invested into an RPG and which game was it?
Link Antilles

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:24 am

Link Antilles (post: 1349110) wrote:In this show, we talk about the best version of Episode I: Pod Racer
I could boil a pot of coffee with my righteous rage.
Link Antilles (post: 1349110) wrote:Question to the Audience
What's the longest amount of time you have invested into an RPG and which game was it?
Since this wasn't posed on show:

In one playthrough, probably Persona 4 (or Raidou Kuzunoha, need to check the times). Both Megaten games, so they easily lived up to their 70+ hours of gameplay advertising. This doubles when you take into account my inevitable New Game+ file, albeit chiefly for Persona 4 since it'd be simple to rush through Kuzunoha with your higher level summons.

Overall though, Final Fantasy IX, which I have effectively played from start to finish three times, the third attempt even being a completion run (as publicized on air a few episodes back).
Fish and Chips

Postby goldenspines » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Is it bad that I only listened to this because I couldn't believe that Fish would even say the name of Episode 1: Pod Racer ever again?

The rest of gamecast was entertaining too, though.

Question to the Audience
Hearing all you guys talk makes my 59 hours, 17 minutes on Tales of Symphonia seem rather small. Although, since I tend to take my sweet time on RPGs, I may break my ToS record if I ever pick up Chrono Trigger again.
goldenspines

Postby Peanut » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:29 pm

goldenspines (post: 1349324) wrote: Hearing all you guys talk makes my 59 hours, 17 minutes on Tales of Symphonia seem rather small. Although, since I tend to take my sweet time on RPGs, I may break my ToS record if I ever pick up Chrono Trigger again.

Only 59? Dang,I'm pretty sure my first playthrough was near the 100 hour mark when I stopped.

To answer the question (even though I haven't listened to the show yet...yeah...) Persona 4 or ToS. With Tales it was mostly because I leveled every character up to level 100 and started a second playthrough. With Persona 4 it was because that game is massive, I'm trying to complete it, and I'm into my second playthrough.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Nate » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:47 pm

I checked my time on FFXII and it is not 180 hours as I stated on the Gamecast, but 143 hours. Still a lot.

Not as much as the longest RPG I have invested time into, which would be Arc the Lad II, with a save file I had over 160 hours long (that's not including the time I put into Arc Arena, the side-quest of sorts to Arc II, which I probably spent an additional 10 hours in I'm sure).

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ich1990 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:53 pm

Like virtually all 90's children, there was a time in my life where Pokemon was my life. Pokemon Blue had close to 100 hours, and I think my Pokemon Gold has around 120 hours (but I can't be sure exactly because I don't have them with me at the moment).

Runners up would be Tales of Symphonia at around 80 and FFXII which is getting close to 90 and Earthbound in which I leveled everyone up to level 99 at one point, which had to have taken a while.

Looking back, I am glad I have mostly given up on massive RPG's. They can be epic fun, but they suck my life away.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby jayquam » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:58 am

The longest time I spent on an rpg was about 110 hrs. It was on Megaman Battle Network 3.
Serious, Intense, Low-key.
jayquam

Return to CAA Radio and Gamecasts