Friends of the Dead--a vampire webcomic

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Maledicte » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:05 am

Oh my word. Over a month and I haven't posted anything. Stake me now XD

deviantART page
Webcomicsnation page

Also, random sketch page from the promo I made for Anime Expo. There wasn't a whole lot of new material besides this. http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h291/SirThinks2Much/Sketches/sketches.jpg

Conventions are over over over and I won't be doing Artist Alley for a while now, so I hope that no huge breaks such as this one will be in this comic's future for a while now. Thanks for all your patience guys!

So...how y'all doing?
Maledicte

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:31 am

Doing good. How was the convention?
Ante Bellum

Postby Maledicte » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:11 am

Ante Bellum (post: 1328211) wrote:Doing good. How was the convention?

The convention itself, seeing as I was apart from the festivities for most of the time, was actually quite fun. I finally got to see an entire AMV contest and went to a Hellsing cosplay meet (pictures once I get them). And I sold a decent amount. However I'd much rather *enjoy* the con and strut around in cosplay than peddle art that barely anyone wants. :/
Maledicte

Postby Sanji07 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:04 am

You're alive! ='D

I'm doing good. ^_^ What about you?
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
Servant of: Hypersocks-the leader of extrolling hyperness! ^-^
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:06 pm

Hm. Well, I can't stake you, but I can attempt to amputate your toes with this broccoli. Would that be okay?
Ante Bellum

Postby Lady Kenshin » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Yay! How exciting! Update soon!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby Maledicte » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:09 pm

Ante Bellum (post: 1328405) wrote:Hm. Well, I can't stake you, but I can attempt to amputate your toes with this broccoli. Would that be okay?

Mm. Brocolli.
Maledicte

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Okay!
*stabstabstab*
It's not working! D':
Ante Bellum

Postby Maledicte » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:01 am

MURRRRRRR!

webcomicsnation
dA

Beef. It's what's for dinner.
Maledicte

Postby Sanji07 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:52 am

Yay update. ^0^

I can't wait for the next update. I think I have a small idea of what's about to happen >=3...Geez I sound evil. O_o
[color="SeaGreen"]@)}[/color][color="black"]~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and are not scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Sanji07

Postby Maledicte » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:57 am

Nah, don't worry. Someone's gonna die, at any rate. But it's not a homgHUGE plot point *thinks....yeah it kinda is...@_@*
Maledicte

Postby Lady Kenshin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Oh, noes! *Worries intensely about kid*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby Maledicte » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Bah. Late again.

Warning:Lots of cow blood. I'm getting better at drawing/coloring the stuff though! :evil:

DA
WCN

WAH-WAH-WAAAAAH
Maledicte

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:47 pm

You are late. What do you have to say for yourself? *threatens with broccoli*
Ante Bellum

Postby Maledicte » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:35 am

"A thousand apologies, o patient one."
"You have it, then."
"I had to slit a few throats, but I got it."

"You'll get what's coming to you."
"What's coming to you, wraack!"

/lol Disney moment
Maledicte

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:18 am

Okay, okay. *burns broccoli*
Ante Bellum

Postby Sanji07 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:48 pm

I don't know why, but I like the panel where Dracula's sucking the cow's blood. >=)...What? I always root for the vampires (well, except in Twilight, but that's 'cuz I'm not a Twilight fan).
Sanji07

Postby Maledicte » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:16 pm

Sometimes it's hard *not* to root for them :sweat:. I just finished a book called Blood Groove (vampires in the 70s...yes with sex drugs and rock n' roll, not a novel recommended for the younger set) and even though the vampires do terrible things, their personalities are so likeable that I couldn't help but feel warm and fuzzy when they found true love. XDDDDD
Maledicte

Postby Sanji07 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:52 pm

I know. I can't think of a time when I wasn't rooting for the vampires. XD;;
Sanji07

Postby Maledicte » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:13 pm

*is trying to think of a book where she actually wanted the vampires to lose...*
*can't.*

I haven't read any vampire books that were exceptionally bad, at the most bleh or really bleh, (I haven't read Twilight yet...>.>) and the vampires, even the bad ones, have something going for them, at least because vampires are mysterious immortal creatures and have that inherent coolness about them. (Except for Damon Julian in Fevre Dream.. Scariest vampire EVAR in my opinion.)
Maledicte

Postby Sanji07 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:28 pm

Exactly-almost every vampire has some sort of quality that makes him/her likable. (I highly recommend not reading Twilight, but I'll keep my opinions to myself to prevent any flame wars =P).
Sanji07

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:09 am

*starts a war against Twilight using flamethrowers*
What?
Ante Bellum

Postby Maledicte » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:07 pm

Sanji07 (post: 1340237) wrote: (I highly recommend not reading Twilight, but I'll keep my opinions to myself to prevent any flame wars =P).

I spotted Twilight at a friend's house, which surprised me, because she'd said before that she thought it was stupid. When I asked who was reading it, she said, "I am...trying to." XD

It's a little too easy to bash though, so I just read/watch other people's snarkfests. I personally enjoy making fun of Bram Stoker's Dracula, but that's because I love the movie so much.

Though Ante-Bellum, you're more than welcome to set Twilight aflame if you so wish. :evil:
Maledicte

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:14 am

:D
Did you catch Ante's joke there?
War against Twilight with flamethrowers = Twilight flame war.
XD
Ante Bellum

Postby Sanji07 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:29 pm

Ante Bellum (post: 1340471) wrote::D
Did you catch Ante's joke there?
War against Twilight with flamethrowers = Twilight flame war.
XD

. . .
I just now got that. 8D *bricked*
Sanji07

Postby Maledicte » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:58 pm

DA
WCN

Nommers.
Maledicte

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:12 pm

D:
Ante Bellum

Postby Sanji07 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:17 pm

OH I KNEW IT. I KNEW IT WAS COMING BEFORE ALL OF YOU! BWAHAHA-*soap is crammed down throat*
Sanji07

Postby Maledicte » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:43 pm

If you knew it was coming before I did, that would be something very special indeed. I actually had a big mental debate as to who was going to get kakked--the kid or the dad. But even before that, a kid (teenager, actually) was going to get killed either way, except if would be more of an isolated incident and we wouldn't see his parents. So it's a good thing I don't plot these things out in advance, as this turn of events is more pertinent to the story (as you'll soon see).
Maledicte

Postby Sanji07 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:51 pm

Sounds interesting. I can't wait to read the next page. >=)
Sanji07

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics