What four-letter word best describes you?

Talk about anything in here.

What four-letter word best describes you?

Postby ich1990 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:42 pm

Take the Myer-Briggs personality test to find out.

A quick look through the old threads showed that this sort of thing hasn't been done in about a half-decade. Perhaps if we learn more about each other we will be more likely to cut each other some slack when personalities clash? It worked for my church group, at least.

As for myself, I am a fairly prototypical INTJ (56,50,69,61). This basically means that I will live my life fighting against the "establishment", die lonely while hating everyone, have almost no chance of getting married, fall randomly into fits of the "tortured genius" mentality, make morbid jokes that no one understands, find an endless amount of things to criticize (in myself as well as in others), and become a dictator when I grow up.

A few famous INTJs:

Real: Isaac Asimov, Franz Kafka, Isaac Newton (although some list him as an INTP), C.S. Lewis, Calvin Coolidge, Friederich Nietzsche, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, and Augustus Caesar.

Fictitious: Hannibal Lecter, Mr. Darcy ($5 says he survives the zombies), Gandalf, Batman (DKR), Vicious (Cowboy Bebop), V (V for Vendetta), Severus Snape, Emperor Palpatine, and Professor Moriarty.

So, what about you?

EDIT: Woohoo, second thread!
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:52 pm

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
67 12 25 22

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

The one word that best describes Inspectors is superdependable. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are extraordinarily persevering and dutiful, particularly when it comes to keeping an eye on the people and products they are responsible for. In their quiet way, Inspectors see to it that rules are followed, laws are respected, and standards are upheld.

Inspectors (as much as ten percent of the general population) are the true guardians of institutions. They are patient with their work and with the procedures within an institution, although not always with the unauthorized behavior of some people in that institution. Responsible to the core, Inspectors like it when people know their duties, follow the guidelines, and operate within the rules. For their part, Inspectors will see to it that goods are examined and schedules are kept, that resources will be up to standards and delivered when and where they are supposed to be. And they would prefer that everyone be this dependable. Inspectors can be hard-nosed about the need for following the rules in the workplace, and do not hesitate to report irregularities to the proper authorities. Because of this they are often misjudged as being hard-hearted, or as having ice in their veins, for people fail to see their good intentions and their vulnerability to criticism. Also, because Inspectors usually make their inspections without much flourish or fanfare, the dedication they bring to their work can go unnoticed and unappreciated.

While not as talkative as Supervisor Guardians [ESTJs], Inspectors are still highly sociable, and are likely to be involved in community service organizations, such as Sunday School, Little League, or Boy and Girl Scouting, that transmit traditional values to the young. Like all Guardians, Inspectors hold dear their family social ceremonies-weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries - although they tend to be shy if the occasion becomes too large or too public. Generally speaking, Inspectors are not comfortable with anything that gets too fancy. Their words tend to be plain and down-to-earth, not showy or high-flown; their clothes are often simple and conservative rather than of the latest fashion; and their home and work environments are usually neat, orderly, and traditional, rather than trendy or ostentatious. As for personal property, they usually choose standard items over models loaded with features, and they often try to find classics and antiques - Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time.

Herbert Hoover, Harry S. Truman, Kirk Douglas, Clint Eastwood, Greta Garbo, Queen Elizabeth II, Warren Buffet, Queen Victoria, James K. Polk, and J.D. Rockefeller are examples of Inspector Guardians.

My life is now complete.

"Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time."

I don't think that's quite true at all though.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Kkun » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:02 pm

I can't use the four-letter word that best describes me on CAA.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Tarnish » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:19 pm

ISFJ
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
44 25 12 11

You are:
moderately expressed introvert

moderately expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed judging personality

Jimmy Carter, Frederic Chopin, Jane Fonda

...JIMMY CARTER.

FRIGGIN' JIMMY CARTER.
Tarnish

Postby ich1990 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Kkun (post: 1289174) wrote:I can't use the four-letter word that best describes me on CAA.

What about the four-letter word that describes you when you are elsewhere?
ich1990

Postby KagayakiWashi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:53 pm

ESFJ

* slightly expressed extravert
* moderately expressed sensing personality
* slightly expressed feeling personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Martin Luther King, Eleanor Roosevelt, Desi Arnaz, Elvis Stojko (figure skater Olympic champion)

I was hoping it would spell out a funny word :(
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Kkun » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:05 pm

ich1990 (post: 1289182) wrote:What about the four-letter word that describes you when you are elsewhere?

lol Grammar humor.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby EricTheFred » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:31 pm

ISTP
78 25 1 56

Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

Thinking is 1% I'm not sure how to take that.

According to Keirsey, this makes me an "Artisan Portrait of the Crafter"(ISTP)

The nature of Crafters is most clearly seen in their masterful operation of tools, equipment, machines, and instruments of all kinds. Most us use tools in some capacity, of course, but Crafters (as much as ten percent of the population) are the true masters of tool work, with an innate ability to command tools and to become expert at all the crafts requiring tool skills. Even from an early age they are drawn to tools as to a magnet-tools fall into their hands demanding use, and they must work with them.

Like all the Artisans, Crafters are people who love action, and who know instinctively that their activities are more enjoyable, and more effective, if done impulsively, spontaneously, subject to no schedules or standards but their own. In a sense, Crafters do not work with their tools, but play with them when the urge strikes them. Crafters also seek fun and games on impulse, looking for any opportunity, and just because they feel like it, to play with their various toys: cars, motorcycles, boats, dune-buggies, hunting rifles, fishing tackle, scuba gear, and on and on. They thrive on excitement, particularly the rush of speed-racing, water-skiing, surfing. And Crafters are fearless in their play, exposing themselves to danger again and again, even despite frequent injury. Of all the types, Crafters are most likely to be risk takers, pitting themselves, or their technique, against chance or odds.

Crafters are hard to get to know. Perhaps this is because they tend to communicate through action, and show little interest in developing language skills. Their lack of expressiveness can isolate them at school and on the job, and even though they hang around with their own kind in play, they let their actions speak for them, and their actual conversation is sparse and brief.

Crafters can be wonderfully generous and loyal to their friends, teammates, and sidekicks, often giving up their evenings or weekends to help with building projects or mechanical repairs-house remodeling, for example, or working on cars or boats. On the other hand, they can be fiercely insubordinate to those in authority, seeing rules and regulations as unnecessarily confining. Crafters will not usually go against regulations openly, but will simply ignore them. More than anything, Crafters want to be free to do their own thing, and they are proud of their ability to do it with an artist's skill.

Bruce Lee, Michael Jordan, Woody Allen, Alan Shepard, Chuck Yaeger, Michael Douglas, Lance Armstrong, and Kathrine Hephurn are examples of Crafter Artisans.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby ADXC » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Your Type is
ISTJ
67 1 38 100

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
distinctively expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

very expressed judging personality
ADXC

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:48 pm

My Type is : ISFJ
Introverted- 22
Sensing 1
Feeling- 75
Judging- 22

I Am
-slightly expressed introvert
-slightly expressed sensing personality
-distinctively expressed feeling personality
-slightly expressed judging personality

Awww, the famous personalities thingy isn't working atm u_u
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Technically speaking, the MBTI categories aren't words - they're initialisms (since you didn't ask, acronyms form words, initialisms don't.) [/pedantic]

Hey, another ISTJ here.

Your Type is
ISTJ
78 38 62 33

ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks is likely to be an ISTJ.

[color="Indigo"]Well, I'd like to believe I have a keen sense of right and wrong, and that I'm devoted to my duties. I'm actually getting a lot better at being punctual - I'm usually quite early to all my classes and things.[/color]

As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss.

[color="Indigo"]Not so good with the emotions, no.[/color]

ISTJs are most at home with "just the facts, Ma'am." They seem to perform at highest efficiency when employing a step-by-step approach. Once a new procedure has proven itself (i.e., has been shown "to work,") the ISTJ can be depended upon to carry it through, even at the expense of their own health.

[color="Indigo"]I do love the facts. And I'm generally a creature of habit, for better or worse. I'm working on the "better" part, though.[/color]

ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact. The grim determination of the ISTJ vindicates itself in officiation of sports events, judiciary functions, or an other situation which requires making tough calls and sticking to them.

[color="Indigo"]Yes, it does bug me when people don't do what they say they'll do, but I don't have the confidence to say anything about it. I would agree that truth wins over tact with me, but I try to be tactful.[/color]

His SJ orientation draws the ISTJ into the service of established institutions. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches -- these are the bastions of the SJ. "We've always done it this way" is often reason enough for many ISTJs. Threats to time-honored traditions or established organizations (e.g., a "run" on the bank) are the undoing of SJs, and are to be fought at all costs.

[color="Indigo"]Actually, here's a bit where I divert from the profile. I say screw what we've always done - if there's a better way, let's do it if we can. Better is better.[/color]

Functional Analysis

Introverted Sensing

Si is oriented toward the world of forms, essences, generics. Time is such a form, a quantifiable essense of exactitude, the standard to which external events are held. For both of the IS_J types, the sense of propriety comes from the clear definition of these internal forms. An apple "should" have certain qualities, against which all apples are evaluated. A "proper" chair has four legs, (and other qualities this poor INTP can only guess). Jung viewed introverted sensing as something of an oxymoron, in that the natural direction of senses is outward toward the object, rather than inward and away from it. One has the sense that Introverted Sensors are drawn more to the measure of the concept of the perceived object than to the experience of that perception.

[color="Indigo"]I don't know if I'm quite that Platonic - in fact, I like it when someone messes with norms we take for granted - within reason. I do think about the nature of some things, though.[/color]

Extraverted Thinking

The moderation of the Te function serves to socialize the expression of these forms. When the Si function is ready to relinquish the data, Te may speak. Otherwise, silence is golden. ISTJs seem to have a few favorite forms (the tried and true) which may serve for most occasions. My ISTJ dad woke me every morning with the same phrase for more years than I care to remember. Asked, "How are you?" he answered with the same stock phrase. ("As well as my age and habits will permit" was used for about two decades.) "It's a good form, a sound form--it's the form for me."

[color="Indigo"]I am pretty quiet unless I'm very sure about something, and even then I might hold my tongue anyway. I'm trying to learn to mix things up more, because otherwise I get bored.[/color]

Introverted Feeling

Since Fi is turned inward, it is rarely expressed. Perhaps this enables the ISTJ to resolutely accept that "we are all doomed." When told that Lazarus had died, Thomas said, "Let us go and die with him." (He could just as well have said something like, "I knew this was bound to happen sooner or later.") Only in times of great distress is the Introverted Feeling expressed (as I witnessed in my dad when a neighbor's son was killed in a hunting accident). Otherwise, feeling is inferred, or expressed nonverbally, through eye contact, or an encouraging smile.

[color="Indigo"]What. WHAT. No. Learn to read Scripture, n00b. The passage in John 11 has Thomas saying, "Let us also go, so that we may die with Him." Notice that capitalization? It means Jesus, not Lazarus. If you'd read the verse in context like an intelligent person, you'd have picked that up from the disciple's mentioning that the Jews were looking to execute Jesus by stoning. Thomas' statement was out of loyalty to Christ - he was willing to go die with Him and encourage the rest of the disciples to do the same.

Moving on, though: yes, I am a pessimist (though I believe in the general capacity for improvement). Yes, I do tend to show emotion pretty subtly. Now if only I could stop laughing before I finish a joke. @$%&@* . . .[/color]

Extraverted iNtuition

The Ne function of an ISTJ does not serve [HIM, KTHX] very well. It needs a lot of help. [HE] was surprised, for example, to find that someone [he] had talked with only by phone had red hair, because [he] "didn't usually like" people with red hair! This inferior Ne seems to be a major source of, and a natural breeding ground for, stereotypes. Failure of the banking system is but one bogeyman which arises from the fear which feeds on the ISTJ's mistrust of real world possibilities. The shadow inhabiting the inferior Ne strikes at the precious forms and standards in the heart of the dominant Si function.

[color="Indigo"]Number one: redheads are awesome. I grew up with a very close friend who was and still is a clever, funny, and very pretty redhead. As such, I tend to associate redheads with awesomeness. (Yes, I know it was an anecdote from someone else's life - shut up) I do the best I can not to stereotype people. The guys on my dorm hall, however, are mostly crude, idiot jocks, not because they're athletes, but because I regularly observe their jackassery. The only thing worse than negative stereotypes are the people who inspire them. Thank you, stereotypical homeschoolers. : : shakes head : : Also, I don't fear real world possibilities - possibilities are generally cool. To use the example, I don't really worry about the banking system. I do worry about the government shafting the people in multiple ways, financially being one way (note that this is regardless of who the President is or who has a majority in Congress - I'm an equal-opportunity mistruster; also, this should not be taken as an invitation to debate about politics, obviously), but I think a lot of the major institutions are relatively secure until proven otherwise.[/color]

Famous ISTJs:

Thomas (Christ's disciple) [color="Indigo"]Yeah, I kind of identify with the man from the portrayal we have of him in the Gospels. It also helps that Thomas is my middle name.[/color]

U.S. Presidents:
George Washington
Andrew Johnson
Benjamin Harrison
Herbert Hoover
George H. W. Bush
Paul Coverdale (U.S. Senator, R-GA)
Jackie Joyner-Kersee (U.S. Olympic athlete)
Evander Holyfield, heavyweight boxing champion
Fictional ISTJs:

Joe Friday
Mr. Martin (hero of James Thurber's Sitting in the Catbird Seat)
Eeyore (Winnie the Pooh)
Fred Mertz (I Love Lucy)
Puddleglum, the marshwiggle (Chronicles of Narnia) [color="Indigo"]This cracks me up SO. MUCH.[/color]
Cliff (Cheers)

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:15 pm

I took this test a few weeks ago, and as it turns out, I'm also INTJ! What's funny is that I heard while taking this test that INTJs make up roughly 1% of the US population at the time, so that's awesome. XD Also I think it's terrifically cool that I share a personality type with some of the more awesome fictional characters, such as Gandalf. Yay! XDD This section, however, completely and fully describes me:

"Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness. "

So so so so so SO true. XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Your Type is
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

You are:

* slightly expressed extravert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

I think this is accurate for the most part.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Midori » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:34 pm

I'm totally an ISTP but tests always try to make me N, and sometimes F :(
Midori

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:38 pm

INTJ

|Introverted |Intuitive |Thinking |Judging

|56 |38 |38 |22

- moderately expressed introvert
- moderately expressed intuitive personality
- moderately expressed thinking personality
- slightly expressed judging personality
This is pretty accurate.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:41 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1289198) wrote:I took this test a few weeks ago, and as it turns out, I'm also INTJ! What's funny is that I heard while taking this test that INTJs make up roughly 1% of the US population at the time, so that's awesome. XD Also I think it's terrifically cool that I share a personality type with some of the more awesome fictional characters, such as Gandalf. Yay! XDD This section, however, completely and fully describes me:

[i]"Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals]

So so so so so SO true. XDD

Heh, that is me 110%. Maybe I'm a bit more moderate between ISTJ and INTJ? It does list my S as being a weaker preference. I kind of like that, though - it means I'm part of a smaller slice of the population. I like being odd. XD

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:09 am

ENTJ

E-56
N-62
T-75
J-44

2% of the total population.

Shared With:Napoleon, Bill Gates, Geordi LaForge, Franklin D. Roosevelt, 
Harrison Ford, Steve Jobs

In a lot of ways the posted descriptions are frighteningly accurate.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Nate » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:20 am

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Aletheia » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:39 am

Whoo! Another INTJ. Strength of preferences: Introverted - 100 (O.O), Intuitive - 88, Thinking - 50, Judging - 56.

This definitely fits me. Although I didn't think I was *quite* that introverted. >_>
MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aletheia

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:02 am

ENFP

Extraverted - 44 Intuitive - 62 Feeling - 50 Perceiving - 17

The Champion - Idealist
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:01 am

Oh how I love MBTI trait-casting. I'm an INFP. Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving. Unfortunately, it's hard to find out what you really are when you simply take a test, seeing that your test results can be altered depending on your current state of mind. The best way to do it is to take the test and then have some psych-buddy who's familiar with the test to sort of "evaluate" you.

Compared to other personality tests, I find the MBTI/Jungian Traits/Keirsey-Bates letters to be the most accurate for numerous reasons. It's a great tool, I'd say.

Corrie, I never expected you to be an INTJ, rather an ISTJ. Buuuut, it's certainly possible. XD It's not like I know you in person or anything. XD

The "Cognitive Function Analysis" are three parts of your personality which develop over time. Each one is different for each of the 16 types. Your Dominant Function is the one you develop the earliest, say around your first 10 years of life. Your auxiliary is what you develop from maybe 10-20, and your tertiary function is what you develop in early adulthood (20-30). Your inferior function is simply what you're not good at doing.

Here's mine (For INFP):
Dominant: Introverted Feeling - I live in a world of emotion.
Auxiliary: Extroverted Intuition - I recognize possibilities and quickly generate ideas
Tertiary: Introverted Sensing - I store in data which is concrete rather than conception. This is developing now for me.
Inferior: Extroverted Thinking - I'm bad at expressing my thoughts.

For a rundown of how an INFP works. I means I'm introverted. I get my energy from being alone and I generally prefer to not be around people ALL the time. However, I'm a rather weak I. N means I'm Intuitive. I prefer to gather data that is more conceptual rather than concrete. For a generalization, philosophers are N's and Artists/Musicians are S's. F's also make judgments based off of feeling rather than rationality, and P means I'm more open to possibilities instead of concentrating on a single system. P's are less structures, a little more laid back, and tend to be more compromising of their values. J's are opposite, as they stick firmly to their value system and will feel threatened when their value system is challenged. P's often tend to find things that are morally-challenging to be interesting as opposed to threatening.

That's my little run-down of myself. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Evran » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:25 am

I seem to be the thread's first INFJ (Supposedly the rarest of all types. Go me :P).

Introverted: 67%
Intuitive: 88%
Feeling: 12%
Judging: 22%

Supposedly Famous INFJs: Martin Luther King Jr., Mohandas Gandhi, Nelson Mandela

INFJ are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that INFJ are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Excuse me for the half-wall of text (not quite a full wall of text yet, getting there though). I was uh... just surprised at how accurately the above describes my life, and its particular quirks.

Prior to reading this though (and the other companion articles), I often thought I was somehow different to most people, that I was odd, broken in some way. How right I was. :lol:

EDIT: Replaced the original quote with a more manageable quote from another source. Not quite as insightful, but true nonetheless.
Evran

Postby ich1990 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:26 am

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1289194) wrote:Technically speaking, the MBTI categories aren't words - they're initialisms (since you didn't ask, acronyms form words, initialisms don't.) [/pedantic]

Yes, but it caught your attention.

Radical Dreamer (post: 1289198) wrote:I took this test a few weeks ago, and as it turns out, I'm also INTJ!

I absolutely never would have guessed that you were an introvert, let alone an INTJ which are typically "aloof" introverts. Goes to show that there is some hope for me yet.

Radical Dreamer wrote:What's funny is that I heard while taking this test that INTJs make up roughly 1%]

Apparently geeky web forums collect INTJs because, out of the fifteen or so who have posted so far, at least four have been INTJs.

RadicalDreamer wrote:Also I think it's terrifically cool that I share a personality type with some of the more awesome fictional characters, such as Gandalf. Yay! XDD

Don't forget Emperor Palpatine or Professor Moriarty. It seems that fictional worlds often employ the INTJ personality because it lends itself well to the "String Puller" archetype.

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1289249) wrote:Oh how I love MBTI trait-casting. I'm an INFP. Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving. Unfortunately, it's hard to find out what you really are when you simply take a test, seeing that your test results can be altered depending on your current state of mind. The best way to do it is to take the test and then have some psych-buddy who's familiar with the test to sort of "evaluate" you.

For a long time I actually thought personality testing was a bunch of baloney. I mean, who could reduce someone's entire being into four letters? Then I took this test and realized that virtually everything it said about me was accurate. It is a bit frightening to see yourself summed up in a few paragraphs.
ich1990

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:44 am

ich1990 (post: 1289279) wrote:I absolutely never would have guessed that you were an introvert, let alone an INTJ which are typically "aloof" introverts. Goes to show that there is some hope for me yet.

XD Well, it's a little bit different on the internet. As an introvert, I do get my energy from the time I spend alone, but spending time on an internet forum actually counts as part of that time some days. XD There are no actual people nearby, and it's a way to share thoughts and ideas without having to do much actual talking, if you get what I mean. XD So yeah, though my personality is pretty much the same online as it is off, I'm far more reserved in a crowd offline than I am in a group of people in a thread or online chat. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Smile:) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:16 am

INFJ

Introverted- 56
Intuitive- 50
Feeling- 44
Judging- 11

That was kinda fun! And I think mine kinda fits me.
[color="Lime"]I[/color] [color="Lime"]You People![/color]
Smile:)

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:06 am

INFP.

XD I share personality with George Orwell and Aldous Huxley. This makes me a happy commie.
USSRGirl

Postby Icarus » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:43 am

Once more, I'm an INTJ at 78, 12, 38, and 11

Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression.
... Exactly.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:01 pm

ISTJ... I think my results are screwed up but anyway. Introvert=44 Sensitive=50 Thinking=25 Judging=1

There's a difference between what you would prefer and what you actually do. Some of the questions earlier on were more of "preference" questions and later on it was like how are you actually IRL. I've always considered me an introverted extrovert so maybe that does average out to a moderate introvert.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:21 pm

ich1990 (post: 1289182) wrote:What about the four-letter word that describes you when you are elsewhere?

HA!

INTJ
Rational Portrait of the Mastermind (INTJ)

67 62 38 89

* distinctively expressed introvert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* very expressed judging personality

Similar to what it was last time.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:31 pm

Doubleshadow (post: 1289349) wrote:INTJ

Without a doubt. Right when I saw that you posted I was pretty sure you were an INTJ. XD

And I was right. HAH! XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Next

Return to General