Skipping Tomorrows webmanga

Calling all self-proclaimed mangaka!

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:40 pm

I think we all know where this is going. Shawn was part of the Les Enfants Terribles project. I knew it.

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
Stephen

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:39 am

Hahaha! Yeah, the first words on the next page will be:
"Hello, brothah."

And I TOTALLY screwed up the page order last week - I jumped into Chapter 10 too early. -_- Sorry if it confused anyone, but I think it's all fixed now.

Soul, you have fanart?! Sweet! I'm trying to the rest of my site put together, including a contact section as well as links. My current email is faythstorm at gmail. Mailing things to gypsy at hoodiegypsy will also make it to me. I need to pull ahead a little in my pages and get some fanart done myself. :)

In other news someone on the blog mentioned that I apply to have a link on Tomgeeks. The thought kinda scared me cause that's a huge webring. I've been kinda tossing the idea around in my head, but I'd like to get some more opinions if anyone had any thoughts to share.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby soul alive » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:52 pm

*dashes off an email*

I'm also considering applying to Tomgeeks once I start updating. I frankly think it's a good idea; even if you don't hang out in the forum, you still get your comic's face out there in something that gets a lot of traffic; publicity, especially the free kind, should be taken advantage of.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:42 am

GRAAARRRRGGGG! What a place to stop!!!!

I just finished going through this. It's quite a piece of work. I'm looking forward to the rest.

I have to admit, I've been seeing the thread title "Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga" from time to time, and honestly thought you meant you weren't going to get your next day's work posted. I never realized it was the title until I finally looked inside the thread.

Oh well... Good stuff.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:52 pm

Hey Soul ... I'll apply if you do!

Eric, I never, ever thought of that before. I guess the title might be a little weird. Hopefully people kind of poke into the thread really fast anyway. thanks for reading!

Oh, and I updated ... in order this time.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby soul alive » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:41 pm

So this probably means I need to start updating ... ^^;
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:17 am

*starts a chant for clone brother storyline*

Can we at least see Jenn get the rank of The Boss?
Stephen

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:14 pm

Heh - Jen "The Spaz"

Updated. (And Soul, yes, that means you have to start updating.)

http://www.hoodiegypsy.com/skippingtomorrows/
Gypsy

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:00 pm

"The Spaz" would be a great title.

She can die, explode, and then shout "THE SPAAAAAAZZZZZ!!!!!"
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Wave » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:49 pm

Sw33t its back up!!!!!!

wave.

PS. Must tell my sister she will be thrilled too.
••• ––– •••

You have heard that the law of Moses says "Do not commit adultry." But I say, anyone who even looks at a women with lust in his eys has already committed adultery with her in his heart
Mathew 5:27-29
Wave

Postby Stephen » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:04 pm

For the record, I am hoping Shawn pulls guard from that posistion and catches dear brother in a triangle choke.
Stephen

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:45 pm

ShatterheartArk (post: 1248502) wrote:For the record, I am hoping Shawn pulls guard from that posistion and catches dear brother in a triangle choke.

Because nothing solves vivid hallucinatory inner conflicts like well-applied Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. XD

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Stephen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:31 pm

Well yah!
Stephen

Postby Wave » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:06 pm

Gipy have you ever thought about publishing this? If you did I would SO buy a copy. Heck I might even help fund the puplishing!

Extatcike wave.

(plese excuse my creative speling.)
••• ––– •••

You have heard that the law of Moses says "Do not commit adultry." But I say, anyone who even looks at a women with lust in his eys has already committed adultery with her in his heart
Wave

Postby SusanTheCat » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:48 pm

Wave (post: 1249269) wrote:Gipy have you ever thought about publishing this? If you did I would SO buy a copy. Heck I might even help fund the puplishing!

My first post is to support a book form of this!

Susan :thumb:
SusanTheCat

Postby Gypsy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:11 pm

Thank you all for reading! (I updated, btw.)

Susan, thanks so much for joining CAA! I hope you'll like it here. :)

As for the question of Skipping Tomorrows ever going to print the answer is probably never. For a couple reasons:

1. It's a visual progression of my skills - quality in the beginning will not match the end in both art and story telling.

2. It's created specifically for the web - you need crazy high resolution and certain color standards for print if it's going to look professional.

I'm very flattered that you both like it well enough to see it in book form, but think of it this way: it's always going to be free to view online. :) Maybe when it's finished I'll crunch individual chapters into .pdf format so they can be downloaded. Personally I would love to be published someday, but I still have a lot to learn before I would feel right about actually selling my work.

Again, thanks for reading!

*edit* Sorry for the end of the blood and gore, Rai and Shatter - hope you'll both forgive me. :P
Gypsy

Postby Wave » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:26 pm

Those aren't reasons! Those are excuses. My sister thinks you should publish this to by the way.

Any way a while back there where some really REALLY kool wall papers on this sight. I down loaded them and used them for a while. I wanted to put them on my computer at work but now I can't find them. Dose any body know where I can find these. I think they where made by Ashley but i don't remember.

Any clues any one.

wave.

(Thanks God for Apple OS wide spell check)
••• ––– •••

Wave

Postby Ashley » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:57 am

Well, I know where mine are. Right here on my harddrive! XD

If you pm me your email, I will send them.
Ashley

Postby EricTheFred » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:18 am

After following this for a few weeks, I've come to a conclusion. I strongly object to one thing in your banner. It says "Skipping Tomorrows - An Amateur Webcomic."

There is nothing amateur about this, Gypsy! Great story!

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Stephen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:25 am

I still think Jen is a vampire. She will release control art restrictions to level 1 in the next chapter.
Stephen

Postby EricTheFred » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:47 am

Gypsy (post: 1250923) wrote:1. It's a visual progression of my skills - quality in the beginning will not match the end in both art and story telling.

This did not in any way stop Fujishima-sensei from publishing Oh, My Goddess. Take a look at the first few chapters and compare them with the latest. The difference in skill is stunning.

For a more webmanga related example, Megatokyo has gone through a lot of improvements, and yet Gallagher did nothing except touch up the early pages. Five volumes on the book shelves so far.

Gypsy (post: 1250923) wrote:2. It's created specifically for the web - you need crazy high resolution and certain color standards for print if it's going to look professional.

And I cite "Argon Zark" for this. The 'Dead Tree Edition' doesn't hold a candle to the Web version, but it is fine, nonetheless.

Publish this some day. Some of my absolute favorite volumes are things that few people have heard of, published on a shoestring budget and distributed largely at venues like "Small Press Expo".

(If you can find it, check out "The Complete Geisha" by Andi Watson. Actually, I just checked on Amazon and there are a few used editions available from resellers.)

EricTheFred

Postby Gypsy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:18 am

Thanks very much for the vote of confidence, Eric. I appreciate the encouragement. Maybe at some point, I'll reconsider, but I find it a challenge to keep up with just drawing and updating - I dunno how well I'd do with trying to throw publishing in the mix.

There's a new fanart up by our very own Shinja.

ShatterheartArk (post: 1253846) wrote:I still think Jen is a vampire. She will release control art restrictions to level 1 in the next chapter.

Gypsy

Postby Stephen » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:39 am

I knew it. This must also prove that Shawn is a nazi.
Stephen

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:36 pm

ShatterheartArk (post: 1255272) wrote:I knew it. This must also prove that Shawn is a nazi.

Well, yeah. He's dying his naturally Aryan blond hair brown so as to draw less attention.

Whee!

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Wave » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:07 pm

Make a seen by laughting histarkly in the library.

So Gipsy do you write happy or depressing stories? Genraly speeking.

wave
••• ––– •••

Wave

Postby Wave » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:51 pm

(oops doble post)

theres no anwor it must be a sade ending :sweat:

wave
••• ––– •••

Wave

Postby Lady Kenshin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:41 am

This is REALLY good. You made me cry in chapter 7.... and again in chapter 11.

Please... update soon!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby steenajack » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Gypsy!!!!! Your manga is AWSOME!!!! It goes right into my favorites. My mom and I are both fans of your web-comic and we can't wait for you to update. No worries, no rush; I understand that creative writing takes time (I'm writing my own manga) I have sent you a couple of e-mails before (you can PM me for more details). Anyway, did I mention your manga is awsome!!!!! It makes me laugh and cry all at the same time!!!!!
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:46 pm

I can't tell you how beautiful I think your comic is. It's such an inspiration to see an amateur webcomic artist create such an emotional story. I hope that my own project can try to even come close to this. I was devastated when I realized that it wasn't completed yet, and now I have to suffer waiting for updates. Please update soon!
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby steenajack » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:37 pm

YAY! An update. This is such a good manga.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Previous Next

Return to Webmanga/comics